Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

Spider-man's bit should just be him choking Torch for 5 minutes straight while Reed goes "Oh, he got us good!"

I think you mean sending a web-bat to attack him from the rafters.

Amazing Spider-Man #8

I Heart Marvel: Web of Romance

Might post some more Spidey & Torch goodness down the line if I can find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Angry Walrus posted:

There was actually a Runaways theme song written by one of the Marvel editors a few years ago that they released on the official Marvel site, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find it on youtube (not that I looked past the first page of results), I might have to upload it myself so it might not die completely forgotten.

You can still download it from the Marvel Website.

Sadly not the Nextwave theme song, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

bobkatt013 posted:

My money is on Groot.

Don't be ridiculous, Drax will win, as he does in all things! :black101:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Screw that, make a Harvey & Janet series.

I may have been binge-listening to episodes of Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh, Reb Brown. :allears:

Oh wait, he neither screams insanely or kills anything. gently caress those movies.

He doesn't even show up in costume till like 45 minutes in!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah...second one's a bit better, but that's mostly because the villain is Christopher Motherfucking Lee.

Playing a South American guerilla leader. :psyduck:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Evil Mastermind posted:

Lois Lane #111

Little known fact: the Daily Planet's water cooler was laced with LSD for most of the silver age.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

prefect posted:

They should include introductory material so you get the backstory behind the cover. :D
You're in luck!

Amazing Fantasy (Volume 2) #15
He didn't hear Spidey's little speech on account of screaming his head off.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Idran posted:

Is that where Hickman actually got it from? Because that sounds like it could just be a random coincidence, that he chose an alternate form of "Thor" that unconnectedly happened to have also been a misprint once.

Well Slott revisited the 'Peter Palmer' misprint when Peter got mindwiped (again) in Superior Spider-Man and was trying to remember his name.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Heatwizard posted:

I don't buy a whole a lot of comics, so I just kind of assumed she was a flying brick like the rest of the characters to use the name.

Yeah, it's actually kind of refreshing to see a legacy character who takes the name but has different powers from the original. Although Kamala was apparently originally supposed to idolise Mr. Fantastic and call herself 'Ms. Fantastic'.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I swear we only recently had the 'is Lockjaw an Inhuman or a dog?' discussion in another thread.

And someone posted this link, which covers most of it.

Basically: Lockjaw is in fact sentient, whether he was originally Inhuman or Incanine is still up in the air, he's happy as the giantest dog. :smugdog:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jerusalem posted:

I vaguely recall this storyline, didn't it have a bizarre interlude where all the heroes go home to "relax" for a few hours, which involves their half-naked wives/girlfriends giving them massages and telling them how wonderful they are?
But none of them were married! :downsrim:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

prefect posted:

To reiterate what someone pointed out the last time this was posted, it's even more awesome that in the last panel, the Cyttorak monster is smiling along with Rockslide. :3:

Well of COURSE he admires the kid's stones.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

See, it's my understanding that Female Circumcision is actually a loving terrible thing that should be condemned. But isn't male circumcision much less traumatic? I mean, I'm no doctor & obviously there's questions of consent and stuff, but I don't think it's ever been scientifically confirmed to be traumatic-

Vengeance of Pandas posted:

Your first exposure to Foreskin Man? It gets better worse.

That issues ends with him giving the baby away to hippies.

Then there's this.

The stupidity is almost beautiful.
Never mind, I guess the author blames his circumcision for being unable to get it up. Which I guess is supposed to justify making a vaguely anti-Semitic comic, somehow?

Also 'Intactivist'? That's the best they could come up with?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Decius posted:

Unfortunately Slott then invents a incredibly complicated explanation for the Juggernaut thing, which was a bit of a ho-hum arc in the otherwise very funny and entertaining series.

And then Peter David turned around and re-retconned it, I think.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AnonSpore posted:

The rolled concrete was carefully molded to provide pockets for each goon

There's no pocket large enough to fit a goon.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Selachian posted:

It gets better -- they've broken into his house, and Black Widow slammed Harry's hand in his night table drawer, simply because the Hobgoblin has showed up again.

Well technically he was going for a gun from the drawer.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

There's also the one guy who gets her mixed up with Spider-Man and retells the Clone Saga with Squirrel Girl and The American Red Squirrel.

To be fair, their theme songs are extremely similar.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

prefect posted:

Actually, Thanos only killed half of everybody to impress her. :spergin:

(At least, the time I'm thinking of, that's how it went down.)

Which half? :downsrim:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

EndOfTheWorld posted:

In all the DC/Marvel crossovers, Thanos never getting a chance to awkwardly mack on Death of The Endless was a real missed opportunity.

I'm fairly certain in at least one Marvel book she cameoed only to leave as soon as Thanos approached her. I can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gavok posted:

Chris Sims spent well over a year watching and reviewing every episode of the X-Men cartoon and now is writing X-Men '92. The first issue just came out.

I wonder if he has the voice of the characters down...

That's about right.

How could you miss THE GREATEST PANEL IN X-MEN HISTORY?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Maps Mizoguchi has her priorities straight.

Gotham Academy #7

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Way to keep your secret identity, Boy Blunder.

Yeah, Maps deduces he's Batman pretty quickly.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

It was and it wasn't. Originally Donald Blake was just the guy with the hammer to become Thor, but then it was retconned into being an identity invented by Odin and Donald Blake was just Thor enchanted to be human and have false memories, and then when they retired the secret identity altogether (because once they'd removed the limitation of having to hold on to the hammer to be Thor it was just an excuse to have Thor slum around Midgard pretending to have Spider-man problems, and therefore useless) whoever wrote that forgot Donald Blake didn't exist at all and made him a separate person to be put on a bus.

Actually JMS explained it as Odin's spell that made Donald Blake not exist any more stopped working with Ragnarök, so he just spontaneously came into existence again as his own being, since Thor was gone.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh Stan. :allears:

Amazing Spider-Man (Newspaper Strip), June 21.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jun 25, 2015

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Saoshyant posted:

No idea what image hoster that is, but it doesn't seem to support hotlinking.

Re-up:

The best part is honest to god the selfie. It's so out of place for this frozen in time comic.

Thanks. For some reason imgur was being uncooperative when I tried uploading it originally so I just googled another hoster.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jim the Nickel posted:

X-Men '92 #4

Way to let her down easy, Remy.

I already knew that moment was coming and I still laughed my rear end off.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Someone get George Miller on the phone, STAT!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Uthor posted:

The issue features a couple great pages of Groot being a ninja and ends on this spoilerly note.

Oh god is that a reference to When Optimus Prime's personality got saved to floppy disk in the 80s? :allears:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Canemacar posted:

Best part of Terminator was Arnie reviewing a list of responses to an angry superintendent like an RPG protagonist, and settling on "gently caress you, rear end in a top hat."

Which came above 'gently caress You' on the list of responses. I guess he picked it up from Bill Paxton.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Section Z posted:

From my casual internet osmosis knowledge of Deadpool, it does feel like it's at it's some of it's best when he has someone to play off of who can keep up with him, yeah.

Of course I also have a soft spot for Darkhawk (even if I never really kept up with his stuff past his series) so my comic book tastes are pretty dire anyways.

Darkhawk let a crazy hobo (later revealed to be plot relevant) name him, because he knew it was a better name than calling himself "Edge Man" :allears:

The first Darkhawk comic I read was the one where Venom throws the fight out of pity (also my first exposure to Venom). Why do I like this guy?

I think they actually kind of covered this on a comics podcast I think it was part of the secret convergence on infinite podcasts). Basically, the stuff you pick up is likely going to be the benchmark for how you view comics going forward. For example, I picked up Spider-Girl as my entry point, which I'm sure explains a lot for anyone who knows me on this board.

Anyway, on topic: Laura Kinney: Queen of tact.

X-Force (volume 3) #7

I love how she nonchalantly keeps eating her pancakes. :allears:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

ImpAtom posted:

(This dazes him and then he chases a criminal to the edge of a cliff where a brick breaks, sending the criminal tumbling down onto him and knocking him out so he misses his wedding.)

Also, didn't the aforementioned (non-powered) criminal somehow throw it at him, apparently hard and fast enough for Peter to not only not dodge it but actually daze him in the first place?

Plus I think the artist screwed up the chest Spider in this panel.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dario the Wop posted:

Yeah, I like Marvel's Hercules too.

You know, not for nothing, but how many people actually read PAD's Aquaman? I see people referring to it as "grimdark," when it really really wasn't. It had the same style and tone as his Hulk run, including funny one-liners.

I wish Marvel's Hercules was like that now. Why'd they have to go and make him boring?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghostlight posted:

[Antman #1]

Because Hank hadn't been shat on enough ALREADY.

It is funny, though.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mover posted:

I liked Pym's characterization in avengers academy, where he has admitted to himself that he's a better administrator and scientist then he is a super hero, and focuses more on behind the scenes research while using the gently caress ups and mental issues in his past to help him keep a group of borderline, troubled kids from letting their own darkness take them over.

Stop reminding me of Avengers Academy, the emotional wounds haven't healed.

Nor will they ever. RIP Mettle :smith:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

kizudarake posted:

Avenger's Academy Giant Size # 1

Man, this issue was great! It's too bad Arcade and the Avengers Academy kids never crossed paths ever again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

I'm not opposed to General Ross turning into a Hulk, but him turning into a Hulk without the mustache is loving unforgivable.

But then how could Loeb stretch the mystery out for a geological age otherwise? Everyone would know it was him!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Say Nothing posted:

Deadbeat Spider-Man.

I bet he sold THAT marriage to Mephisto, too.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SomeMathGuy posted:

I think the clues are pointing to Paste-Pot Pete.

SilverSupernova posted:

Clearly it's Dormammu. That's why everything suddenly starts with the letter D.

Don't be stupid, this is clearly the work of the insidious Stilt-Man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Speaking of tactics:

Jenny Everywhere: When Casting Calls