Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

TwoPair posted:

Anyway here's some Hawkeye vs. Deadpool #3

Kate Bishop's adventures in firing an RPG later in that issue was fantastic too. Hawkeye vs Deadpool has been gold so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Zefiel posted:

I think someone should check on Squirrel Girl. :colbert:

No, but seriously, if I wanted to get in on this can I start with just this new Thor series or is there like a few other series one should read before that? The last storyline I followed was Civil War :ohdear:

It's standalone, but it does feature a recurring villain from Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder run that lasted for 25 issues that immediately preceded this Thor volume. God of Thunder is a good run, but it's not essential if you're only interested in the current Thor.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Superior Spider-Man Team-Up Special #1

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Kathryn Immonen's stories are pretty awesomely crazy, though I have no idea what's being referenced half the time. I particularly loved her Avengers Christmas annual from during Hickman's run.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Loki - Agent of Asgard #15 has a great burn by Freya:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Squirrel Girl #7: Squirrel Girl hangs up on Odinson:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I was reading this article on Aunt May being awkward (http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2015/07/10/top-five-most-awkward-aunt-may-moments/) and the panel of Peter's murderface from Web of Spider-Man #50 cracked me up.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I love the 'focused totality of my psychic powers' reference too, almost more so because it's being used for Dani Moonbot rather than Psylocke so you know that Sam Humphries was determined to get it in there alongside Cannonbot's original programming and the other New Mutants references.

I also really hope Alti Firmansyah does more work for Marvel after Secret Wars, her art is wonderful.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

This is pretty great.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Ferrule posted:

Variant:

Who is the blue lady in the black dress? Just curious, the only Deadpool I've read are the Utopia X-Men crossover issues and I'm halfway through Cable & Deadpool.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Wanderer posted:

I always wanted to see a limited series or small event based around the participants in Ben Grimm's semi-regular poker game.

You might enjoy this on Unlimited:
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Thing_Vol_2_8

(Cap's facepalm on the cover is great.)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Spigs posted:

Source?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN & SILK: THE SPIDER(FLY) EFFECT miniseries/Infinite comic, depending on your preference.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Quicksilver continued his therapy sessions with Leonard Samson which leads to this gem of a page from X-Factor #89:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is iron man a pet? :ohdear:

I have two questions: is there a reaction panel of Catwoman, after the belt has done whatever it did? (Was it just a smoke bomb?)

Secondly, is this part of how they got together currently, or from a previous story? I'm amused at how awkward Bruce is, regardless.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I'm a big fan of Kieron Gillen's very, very Welsh Pixie, some images for which are here: https://comicspire.com/2014/11/08/pixie-month-tidy/

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

His look from the X-Factor Fatal Attractions issues was solid and was a fun moment:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

All-New Wolverine #31 is a glorious Honey Badger, Jonathan and Deadpool team-up one-off:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

good day for a bris posted:

Hold up. Is that a child whose not a baby looking recognizably like a child whose not a baby or a midget?

Who is this miracle artist?

Marcio Takara. Sadly, he only did a few issues on ANW a good while back, which is a shame because he rules but Marvel seemed to only use him as a fill-in artist and he's at DC now.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Gurihiru drawing so many Marvel characters in that final issue was such a beautiful parting gift. :3:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I'm so disappointed he doesn't have "Askani'Son Dayspring" in his name on his license:
https://twitter.com/XavierFiles/status/980104494926221314

(Also, how had I never heard of this??)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The Star Trek/X-Men crossover issue is fun.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

On the Astonishing X-Men #12 cover, Gambit is clearly Kurt Russell, but Old Man Logan is based off of someone I just can't place?

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Astonishing_X-Men_Vol_4_12

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Nah, it was before Roberto da Costa bought AIM

I think it was after that, it was definitely a villainess.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Monica_Rappaccini_(Earth-616)

Here's the funniest panel I could find on Google of her:

She seems really pleased at her fake x-rays. :)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Hawkeye #12:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Loved this moment. Ghost-Spider is real good.

I can't quite articulate why I like it so much, but I really dig the graceful way Gwen is holding her non-petting hand out in panel 2.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Darthemed posted:

Chamber of Chills #7 (1952)

& more

These are always great, thanks for posting them. :)

Gonna use "BULLDIRKEY" ASAP.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The "aight, fine." really got me there, I wasn't expecting that.

I always enjoy Japanese depictions of "delinquents" too. The loose socks in this case, or that weird rolled quiff.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Alhazred posted:

That's an extremely tortured punchline.

I know, I love it. Magik not quite getting snappy patter due to her upbringing is how I interpret it, and I greatly enjoy how it's clunky and yet still badass. :allears:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Mikl posted:

Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess

(I was debating whether to put this here or in the Badass Panels thread, but in the end decided for here.)

The framing of this story is two friends playing an otome game and somehow their comments can be heard by some of the characters, and they use that to steer the story in the direction they want to (to avoid the Bad End, of course). But that's not really important for these pages.

A bunch of kids are students at a magic school. Artur (the long haired guy in these pages) asks his friend Sieg to introduce him to Finne (the girl, Sieg is the guy standing next to her in the first panel), because Finne is apparently very skilled at healing and support magic and Artur wants to ask her to switch classes and study to become a priestess and healer. Sieg replies, "But that's not actually true." Artur asks "What do you mean?", and Sieg says he will show him.

(Read right to left.)

I like the punch a lot. Her face is perfect. I also will never get tired of the Yakuza househusband. :allears:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Mikl posted:

Mage & Demon Queen is a webcomic about a mage and a demon queen being useless lesbians at each other. (Mostly, there's some other stuff, but that's the main thing.)

In the latest episode, the demon queen Velverosa has infiltrated the human city... To have a date with the mage Malori. At one point she says, "Don't bring me to the usual tourist spots: bring me to your favourite places, I want to get to know what you like. I want to get to know you better."

Mal has an... Interesting reaction to it.

Mage and Demon Queen is absolutely fantastic, and I highly recommend it. When I started reading it, I couldn't stop until I'd caught up.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

tis the season

Ha, I loved the Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid anime, but apparently the Manga has a little bit more spice.

I'm glad that people are enjoying Mage & Demon Queen thanks to this thread, and Accept My Fist of Love! seems delightful! What a premise.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Tis Time For Torture, Princess

This is fantastic and her tiny crown is perfect.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Alacron posted:

It really is (read right-to-left)

It's also totally free officially

Well, my free time is sold! Thanks for sharing the link.

Between Mage & Demon Queen, DPS Only and the Sejics' comics (Punderworld, The Queen and the Woodborn, Sunstone, Bloodstain etc) this is truly some era for quality free comics/manga. I have loads I've not gotten to yet as well.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Elfface posted:

OK, a guy that can control/is made of bees is no laughing matter for anyone without stingproof skin all over. But how does Toad help?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mortimer_Toynbee_(Earth-616)#Powers

quote:

Paralytic Resin: The Toad's pores secrete an adhesive resin that allows him to stick to any surface and paralyzes the nervous systems of any living organism that comes into contact with it.

:science:

(Didn't Husk make out with Toad in Wolverine & the X-Men..? Maybe her flakiness at the time protected her. Or he controls his ooze.)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

"Because I live within it, you idiot" is slaying me.

Most of my comic reading is this thread, so there's a lot of character history I have no idea about, but looking at Kang's story on Wikipedia, I would happily watch a time travelling comedy of alternate Kang's constantly loving up each other's plans of conquest.

It's not a comedy, but Avengers Forever is a 12 issue series that's really good and is essentially a fun team of Avengers caught up in Kang versus Immortus (Future Kang as opposed to Kang, from the future) shenanigans.

N.b. this predates the creation of Iron Lad, who is young Kang (from the future).

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thor / Loki Double Trouble #4

Gurihiru are such a gift.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I wish that the Flying Witch anime had continued on to cover that. :3:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013