Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Gyges posted:

Confession: It's me. I'm the horrible person who actually likes Iggy Azalea songs. I know they're not actually good in an academic sense but my ears, they betray me.
Another one of those here, that said Todd explained how I look at her as a person pretty well: A very, pretty, young girl. And not some sexy fox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I still love the first matrix, and like 3 setpieces from the second. Animatrix was okay. It's a franchise that can't be hurt by an awful reboot in it's current state though.

bbf2 posted:

Well the series ended with the two sides reaching a truce and Colonel Sanders saying "We machines will honor this forever because its not in our programming to be able to break truces."
In the MMO the Humans broke the truce by being loving idiots apparently.

Jack Gladney posted:

What would they need more clock speed for anyway? Like, what does an eternal machine empire do with itself after it takes over the world? Just keep killing Zion over and over because that's all there is to do?
I always thought the original idea was that they kept the human race alive due to some form of preservation of their creators, and instead of being batteries they would use the processing power of human minds to help run the matrix itself. More as a closed system in a way.

Anyway enough about the Matrix, Looking forward to your new show Lupa.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

http://blip.tv/todds-pop-song-reviews/top-ten-best-hit-songs-of-2014-pt-1-7149346

Todd's Best 2014 Songs Part 1 is up.

Also he jokes about exactly this. Could be a coincidence, but... I wonder. :tinfoil:
I was going to post this, cause I was looking forward to it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Cyron posted:

your a dumb gently caress and this thread is shity liberal cunfest.
Oh no not those drat Liberals, wanting people to be treated with respect and equality, whatever shall the white male do?!

Edit: to have content.
Are Todd's video's longer than last years or is he splitting up his top 10 list this year because of add revenue?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Cubey posted:

I think the worst list was longer than normal, at least.
I know he split them up when he was still on youtube (watching his older stuff), but it just felt like these where over so fast this year. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Ke$ha is pretty cool and Die Young is a loving amazing song. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mr. Fowl posted:

drat, that is a poo poo way to make a living. Internet people have the worst tax rate in America.
That's lower then the lowest bracket in my country, so for me that sounds pretty decent. :v:
I don't mind paying taxes at all though, it pays for (mostly) good stuff

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This in combination with Parks and Recreation taking a massive dump on the MRA thing has made it a glorious week. :swoon:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tarquinn posted:

What the hell is going on here? :psyduck:
Internet Critic Discussion Thread 3.0: 0 Days Since The Last Drama Bomb

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

I make brain damage jokes. I'm literally brain damaged. (Cerebral Palsy, look it up) :smug:
Get back to your breakfast, Jr. :smuggo:
(I bet you got remarks along those lines quite often in recent years)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The main issue with self-employment anywhere is that you have to both pay the normal and employers part of taxes.
Writing off a lot of your expenses as a deductible is pretty broad if I understood it correctly. Anyway Lindsey made a good video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO56WtEv4eE

Like I said before though 30% pre-deductables is a normal, low-end taxrange here; we top out at ~52% in the highest bracket

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I really don't care, but having seen TTGL without the dub makes the clips sound really weird to me. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I'm one of those "watches gundam" type of anime watchers, I did see a couple other mecha anime. I've seen DBZ, and I liked Haruhi. But outside of that nothing animewise really interests me. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I love the F&F movies, they are each amazing in different ways. (4 is pretty awful though, 3 is surprisingly great)
They are big, fun, superhero movies. Where the superpower is driving cars.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

e X posted:

:psyduck:

This really freaks me out for some reason. The idea that anyone, anywhere would pay to license lovely German tv shows is just mind blowing. I mean, I could see other European countries, but worldwide, holy poo poo.
Commisar Rex is a goddamn treasure. :colbert:
I loved that show when I was ~10. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I hope Todd does another new wave song soon, those are always amazing.

DoctorWhat posted:

why did this forum tolerate a known incest-pedo for so long, especially one as insufferable and incessant as WickedHate?
:aatrek:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

quakster posted:

Mostly good, the guy's a bonafide jackass, though.
Please elaborate, because I don't know him outside of these videos (Which are good and about a good show) and even in those he gave me plenty of hints towards being a weirdass already.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Mad Lupine posted:

I know. It's just with all the problems with LPs, especially with Nintendo, I would think they wouldn't want to poke the bear, so to speak. The Sunset devs must be indie for them to even think of pulling this off.
The show was pretty horrible, but not because of the host. (There are just very few top X things worth watching) It did kind of feel like pandering by The Escapist though, but what i've seen of her she wasn't the problem with it at all.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Well I thought they where still dating so they succeed on the keeping it on the down-low. :v:

Everything about CA coming out recently just starts to sound more and more hilariously incompetent by the day.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

gently caress yes. That's my single favorite bad-good movie.
I never watched anything by this dude or anything to do with this whole fiasco but it has been so fun watching it all crumble. this is one of the worst things I've ever seen
Seriously, even the most infamous "writers" from we uncovered in the old TvTropes threads would find that a hackjob with a lack of humor and/or subtlety.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

How did that whole Todd crushing on you running gag thing he dropped a while back originate anyway? Todd as in character, not the actual person.
(That was you right? Or am I mixing you all up. If so I'm sorry. :) )

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

Speaking of Lupa, her new Movie Nights is up. It's a very 90s movie called Twin Sitters and...You're not ready. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxMq9OHLTsw
Lupa looks like she comes straight out of saved by the bell. I love me some gaudy fashion, but I am nowhere close to being able to pull it off. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Miss Wallace posted:

Ha ha, thanks! I desperately wanted an excuse to wear that jacket. Early 90s tacky is the best aesthetic!
Once I reach my first weight goal I am going to rock a flashy tracksuit I still have. :c00l:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

YMS is great, I wish he put out more content but with the quality I can have patience.

Also VEGETA is a good subforum for the few threads I read there, the Haruhi Simulwatch was fun.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

I feel bad for his family. He has a daughter too. :smith:
Adoptive if I recall it right so this will be the second time a fatherfigure falls out under her. (Not that it matters for his bond with her, and whether or not she still has contact with her biological father)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

poparena posted:

It's Back to the Future Day!

SFDebris reviews Back to the Future

GoingRampant reviews Back to the Future Part II

And, uh... nobody reviewing Part III as far as I can tell.
That's because it's perfect. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Augus posted:

I head that in Syndicate the cool assassin girl gets like half as many missions as the usual charming charismatic hero archetype guy that has been in literally every AC game since 2.
That's lame and I wasn't gonna get the game anyway but I'm still not gonna get it
There is a second playable lady it seems, it's a short segment in WW1 but it's there. and yes MRA's got mad. :v:

Spoilercontent: Stuff about the story in Assassin's Creed 2015 if you care.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Who wants to start a kickstarter for a GG movie? It's actually a charity that supplies water to african villages by collecting GGer tears.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure that condemning African villagers to drink Gamergater secretions for the rest of their lives is a good way to get a speedy plane ticket to the Hague.
Joke's on them, I live close to that anyway..

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Genetic Toaster posted:

You forgot "reverse racism"!
Cultural Marxism. :argh:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Infamous Sphere posted:

A series on Ridiculous Dog Shows would be great. I mentioned Inspector Rex a good while ago and I think Lupa would get a real kick out of it (not just for Rex the overly-competent police dog, but also the fact that every episode has the same set-up: an obvious red herring person, and then we see the real criminals gloating about how they got away with the crime. They always look hilariously, obviously evil - the woman applying lipstick in a mirror evilly and the man looking like a bleach-blonde version of Patrick Bateman. Then obviously in the end Rex catches them.)

Also, there's the theme song, which according to a twitter friend of mine, sounds like it was written by three separate people, none of whom talked to each other while they were making it.
Kommissar Rex was amazing, in retrospect it's obviously hilariously silly but I loved that show as a kid.
In the same vein (though less unintentionally goofy) there was the super dramatic Medicopter 117.

Also Lupa/Miss Wallace where can I find your Miami Connection video? The one of the phelous website seems defunct and while it was in your older style I loved that video and I'd like to watch it again now that I've finally seen the movie myself a while ago.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

While Todd seems to be getting a bit out of touch with current pop music at times (I'm not saying he is to blame, just noticing), his comedy still works. The Sean Mendis part was right on point.

I also am a person that thinks Me too is so stupid it wraps around to entertaining.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

I can't believe "Run away with me" is Todd's top 1 pop song. jk
It was a honorable mention on his best list last year but was not eligible anyway, It's a goddamn amazing song though. (Emotion and Emotion B sides in general are great)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Count me in as one of the posters that stopped bothering to participate in this thread due to the constant arguing and cyclical nature of the same poo poo coming up.
In general nobody is perfect but unlike the early CA type reviewers and modern day "comedy" channels most critics I like all seem to actively try to improve, putting you leagues above others.
Also Lindsey as a European your twitter feed is fascinating at times. P.S. I need more baywatching Lupa

financially racist posted:

Meanwhile Todd still has audio level issues and his pop song reviews are increasingly meh. I'd be OK if he stuck to OHW and bad pop star movie reviews instead and only talked about current pop songs if a really amazingly bad one like Wiggle or Drive-By popped up.
I think the "problem" with Todd is more that his current day pop reviews are meant to be comical over in dept critique, whereas OHW and the other stuff is relatively serious. They are both hosted and presented in the same way which makes the contrast between them a bit odd at times.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

From skimming it Shoe seemed a decent moderator, if slightly biased towards Blaire. And Blaire is a woman, she transitioned from a male body. (I think I am phrasing this correctly right?)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

bessantj posted:

Thanks. I have never heard of Blaire and only watched 15 mins of it but with the way she kept on saying she was biologically male I wondered if she identified as male.
I don't know her very well either, and what I know wasn't exactly what I would call a good impression. But as far as I understood it she goes by the interpretation that you can fix the outside to match the inside, but you are always your original outside on a technical level; which I guess is true to a degree.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

She thinks that being trans is a literal mental illness
I know, that's part of what I don't like about her myself, but I tried to stay objective in describing her.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That video itself wasn't too bad, but looking at the related suggestions to his channel and the crowd in the comments, oohboy.
You don't even have to be left leaning or progressive (or both) to see that that is not a balanced crowd.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Miss Wallace posted:

Thank you. :) I just started scripting a new batch, which includes a dog trying to murder Eyebrows.
Looking forward to frying up some meat and drinking some PEPSI™. It's an amazing series, both the original show an your take on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

As long as we keep Nr1 Kissboy I'm fine with it all.

• Locked thread