Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
I feel like Seinfelding might be a great gimmick to drop on E/N and pretty much everywhere really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Who's the trendsetting superstar that started saying salty, everyone is doing it all over the forums now and I'm getting sour.

I'm almost certain it comes from saltybet.com, where you wager fake internet dollars ('salt') on an auto-playing mugen game. Betting everything and losing it all puts you in "the salt mines", etc.

As usual, the infestation came from the Games thread/forum.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Trapped in a Cell - Please Send Help

The defect is long gone but the reactions are still hilarious. If you didn't see it at the time, just pretend the text of all his or her posts are where the avatar should be and not to the right of it. It was pretty funny poo poo.

Reminds me of the person who showed up with a 800x800 avatar of a horse with huge red HORSE text underneath, that was a thread worthy of a sensible chuckle

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

B33rChiller posted:

I think it was in a previous quotes thread, but does anyone have the quote someone wrote about the importance of spelling, or language, and being clear about what you are saying, and as they go on, their speech degrades to poorly spelled words, then gibberish, and finally just screeming ?

I'm no good at finding quotes, but I know the one you mean (which might help you/someone find it) it's about "Why is Pluto a dwarf planet now?" "Why make distinctions between anything? Why not call everything the same thing? Why not aaaaa aaa aaaaaa"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I'm familiar with slant rhyming

wow it's called haiku you racist

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Nanomashoes posted:

Counterpoint: one person thinks that Jar Jar is the key to all this.

Two: SuperMechaGodzilla and George Lucas

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Grandmother of Five posted:

saying that lard is tasty isn't stupid because it is gross or unhealthy, it's stupid because every single person already knows how salt and fat tastes without you telling them. it is one step above saying "ever heard of fire, my man?" people are aware

walks up to the nearest Dennys patron and shakes them by the shoulders shouting "My nigga have you tried lard on toast?"

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

bringmyfishback posted:

Or you could be like my legendary roommate, and call your parents' housekeeper to come over every three days and do dishes, and then lie about it.

Radio Help posted:

that dude rules

bringmyfishback posted:

She really doesn't. As a roommate, anyways. She barfed in her closet for three years because she was a secret bulimic and when she moved out I found her Barf Trove.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

literally a closet bulimic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

Explain this one to me?

There's a lot of backstory to this. The short version is Benny came to E/N and was a nightmare case, all but a lost cause with an infamous thread, then disappeared [into myth and legend].

He then shows up in Blue Story's nightmare E/N thread outta nowhere with his success story.

E: A "source" https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Benny_the_Snake
E2: The quote was truncated; click through for the full
E3: This isn't a 'funny' quote, I guess you could call it a 'SA Lore' quote, like a yeti sighting

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Sep 30, 2015

• Locked thread