Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
In this thread: Wow, the creators of this game look like nerds! LETS GET EM!

All rough play aside, I like the game, and I'll definitely play it more once it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dandywalken posted:

Thank God, I was afraid you were about to fly off the handle!

Hey now, I can be a pretty tough customer when I have to be.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Where's that hilarious medieval comic when ya need it?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone else experienced difficulty in using the dash tech? Like, I gotta just MASH left a bunch to energy dash

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i've played the game for 153 hours and it's gonna be longer than that soon

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Wait, sugar? gently caress, I NEED sugar, gotta build a house!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

stuntwaffle posted:

I <3 Starbound~

Join the party!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

in vaguely related news, star citizen is a flaming wreck

what else was it going to be?

it's a game where you buy imaginary spaceships with real money, for no reason other than to be the best at imaginary spaceships. It was doomed to fail when the kickstarter first went up.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Can't wait for the new Starbound update!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I, too, like this game.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kly posted:

theyve been developing the combat and movement of this 2d building sandbox game for more than three years so you know its good

Yeah, same for Undertale!

...which was made by one guy..

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patware posted:

starbound is bad but that comparision is legit unfair, it's comparing an apple to some shoes

i dunno man, those jordans are looking pretty tasty

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Buttmeister posted:

this game is p lame
I can't write haikus right
just like chucklefish can't make game

there was no "It is snowing on mount fuji", you really are awful at this

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

E-Tank posted:

So out of curiosity does anyone here actually *like* starbound? And want to maybe play in a game together?

Yeah, I like starbound :tem:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

lunatikfringe posted:

A lot of whiners really. It is a $15 early access game and everyone treats it like a finished AAA. $15 for 80+ hours. And it keeps getting better as time goes on. If you like Terraria, Starbound is worth it.

I'm just gonna bask in this post for a moment before the rest of the thread cannibalizes it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Met posted:

Does anyone have a link to the video of the creepy old guy singing "STAR... BOUND... STAR... BOUND... SPACE ADVENTURES" or whatever it is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0MBDzzW4b0 Ray Sipe is not creepy, you just don't understand the art of music.

Also, I find it disturbing that I knew exactly who to look for when you said that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Vib Rib posted:

I played it with a friend but couldn't get into it at all. The UI and graphics are really off-putting but the gameplay just felt too clunky to look past.

So it's QWOPbound. maybe I won't try it out.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
http://playstarbound.com/what-to-expect-from-the-next-update-1-0-and-beyond/ Well, looks like they're doin this stuff. Could be good.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Starbound: A good example of why Steam Early Access is bad.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Afraid of Audio posted:

my favourite talking heads album is a toss up between fear of music and remain in light, 77 has its moments but really shows its age

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Counterpoint: If starbound is at its worst right now, it can only go up from this point until it supposedly gets worse again

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Games > Starbound: In the year 2525, if Starbound is still alive...

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Section Z posted:

I'd have less complaints about "blow yourself up in one shot" if one that strong also didn't take about 3 to blow up the average enemy.

EDIT: "RISK VS REWARD :byodood:" mindsets frequently hate the second part coming anywhere close to the first part. See also, the official Elite Dangerous forums.

See also: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, aka Edmund's dream of nerfing everything that was ever usable

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Maybe there should be Novakid villages, except the ones that aren't wild west villages would be caveman settlements of violent novakids

I mean, neither will happen, but it's a good idea, eh?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

King Lazer posted:

lol you can't energy dash in mid-air anymore

:mediocre:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

So, update on the forums:

Whoever got into one of the admin accounts loving owned the poo poo out of these guys, holy hell. Deleted the entire Social (the most active) and Admin sections of the forums, and though the crew managed to shut everything down before the cybercrimer could do anymore damage, when they rolled back the servers they noticed that their last backup was in March.

I know I already said :mediocre:, but this is extremely mediocre.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper posted:

Hey, we can use teleport at any time now to get back to the ship. I like that.

Its like they nerf things just because they've been making other things better, I don't understand.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just want a Novakid-only wand that summons a rushing space train in any direction

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Dec 13, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper posted:

Thats wrong. My nova kid and avian were able to make the jacket.

Wait for it...

Also yeah, that was the same situation for me.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this game would be good if they fired half the art team (tiy for example) and hired a single new programmer.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGatO6vMPqw found footage of the one song that plays over intercom at the chucklefish studio

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
waiting for it

the funny auto-shitpost that everyone loves :downs:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'd say that it'd be easier to just re-make starbound from the ground up, but if chucklefish did that they'd have to remember all the bad things to code in, and we'd be stuck for another three years waiting for absolutely nothing.

i bet one guy could make a starbound clone and make it good.

also, incoming funny joke i know it

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Man Whore posted:

Can I still get the horse AI? More importantly is there a mod to give it back its knockers.

what

this was in the game? not some lovely mod or something? What the gently caress

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"In August, we announced that Starbound would be coming to Xbox One Game Preview and released a massive colony update!"

why should they have to suffer? They've already bought the wrong gaming platform, this is just an insult

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

Check out what I finished

loosely based off of the Rome: Total War advisor

:perfect:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
has anything been fixed yet?

Are they still gathering updates to release once a year instead of throughout the year?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, what exactly do fossils do..?

from the Starbounder page posted:

Fossils are the remains of long dead creatures scattered throughout Starbounds universe. They’re extremely valuable, very rare and very difficult to dig up. You’ll need special tools to clear the dirt and unearth a fossil. Removing the wrong piece of dirt could cause the fossil to crumble into dust. Successfully removed fossils can be placed as trophies, some have very special properties and perhaps some of these long dead creatures can even be revived

What this tells me is "Dinosaur pets", but it also tells me "but if you make one mistake you're hosed and gently caress you anyway"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rrussom posted:

Instead of bitching, have you thought that these blanket nerfs on things that seemingly only hinder the experience are possibly necessary to pave the way for something amazing and revolutionary?

what, like a leg tech that lets you jump as high as you used to be able to jump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cicadas! posted:

So apparently they're implementing a hunger mechanic that works like Minecraft's (because taking pages from that heap of a game is always a good idea) where if you don't eat for long enough you starve and start taking tick damage. But, because it would be overpowered if players could just carry stores of tasty victuals with them everywhere, food now rots over time, rendering it inedible. Hooray, balance! :downs:

Shockingly, they had the foresight to make it an optional character mode so people who aren't retards don't have to put up with it. Also there's some poo poo about ugradable backpacks and fossils. 2016, year of Starbound, guys! I can feel it!

Didn't they use to have a hunger system? but then they took it out in beta, and now it's coming back with a ROTTING FOOD system? :psyduck: Also why would a glitch have to eat food either way, they're robots.

Guess i'm glad that this is optional so that nobody but the :spergin:est r/starbound users would use it

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 15, 2016

• Locked thread