Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

inkmoth posted:

I got the ewok; he is every bit as overpowered as the first post implies. I strongly recommend every goon take the murder ewok with them wherever they go.

Take other companions in conversations though as the Ewok has no dialogue or affection gains for quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ainsley McTree posted:

Hopefully they'll balance the 60 raids to be "challenging" and not "frustrating" soon because right now they're kind of terrible and not fun.

Are you talking about Story Mode? :psyduck: They're not really PUG-able, but they're easily doable if you've got voice comms.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

To be fair, Dread Fortress was the same way when it first came out. I'm not saying it's crazy out of the ordinary, but "easily done" definitely ain't the right description.

Well that's what I mean - they're not much different from any of the other SM raids when they were level-appropriate. If you cleared the other raids when they were released you can clear these ones if you've got decent communication.

For the Revanite Walkers, I believe there's a parser called Star Parse that the person running the bombs can use which has a timer showing exactly when to run the bombs - that's the big hurdle for that fight, making sure your dps window is big enough.

For Bulo, the fight's all about the two tanks. Make sure you know who is supposed to be picking up the barrel to clear the adds every other wave and you should be fine. If you have fully augmented 186 gear from the NM Dread Fortress/Palace raids you've easily got the gear for it.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

I actually wasn't playing when Dread Fortress came out. That was during my last sabbatical from the game. I came back and joined the HM raid group as they were progressing through HM DF. That was a giant kick in the dick, but at least we were wiping on Hard Mode. Constantly wiping on SM is just depressing.

Don't worry! The HM versions of the current raids are legitimately more difficult than Nightmare Dread Fortress :suicide:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
The top tier purple stims last eight hours and persist through defeat. They're about 10k on GTN. There's no reason not to use them all the time but yeah, biochem as a skill is no longer as potent.

Same for Cybertech, no more reusable grenades.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yes.

I think it comes from an old story about a guy who leveled an unspec'd sith warrior to level 50 through PVP, generating much pubbie tears.

Does someone have the screenshot handy of everyone commenting on it like "omg level 50 pick an AC!!"? It makes me grin ear to ear every time.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

shadok posted:

You can buy a lot of unlocks on the GTN but you definitely can't change the credit cap, and I'm reasonably sure you can't change the mail and trade restrictions.

You can buy escrow thingies for credits though. So you can temporarily change your credit cap. For credits. Essentially making everything cost twice as much :v:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
That jetpack mount is going to cost millions. Holy poo poo.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

A Boy and His Herb. posted:

Do you have to purchase the expansion to go from 55-60 or just for the new planets and junk?

For the levels, for crafting, and for new content afaik. Basically if you want to play anything beyond the game as it was when Dread Fortress/Palace was the endgame you should pick up the expansion. (You should, it's great)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

tentacles posted:

No idea on the other two specs but Combat Sentinel has been dumbed down so far it looped from sad to infuriating and back to funny again. Apparently optimum apm is something like 49 now

All three still useless for endgame pve of course

You haven't done Underlurker hard mode, have you? Transcendence is almost a necessity.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

tentacles posted:

I was thinking in terms of pure DPS, of course =O) Melee derpers still have massive issues when it comes to raid mechanics. I mean, it's pretty bad when people identify us by our buffs instead of how hard we hit things, considering that's what we trade survivability for

Two glowsticks foreva! You haters will never feel the pride of pulling out all the stops to hit sub-optimal parses that other classes poo poo out without even trying

I'm glad I literally never have to worry about parsing because my success is demonstrated in keeping the silly glowstick men alive ;)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

if $15 a month breaks your bank, you shouldn't be playing games anyway.

Yeah, how dare poor people try to have fun?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Can someone /spoiler what we know about the upcoming Rise of the Emperor stuff? Is it just that Ziost is coming, probably as a daily area, and the Emperor 'is there'?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
It's supposed to feel like an Ops fight but it really doesn't. Except in length.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
They really need to stop doing those on weekends when I'm loving busy. :mad:

In other XP related news, apparently someone who's been mining the PTS has found references to a legacy unlock for 12x XP. No details about what it applies to, how you get it, what it costs, restrictions etc. Even I'm going on hearsay from my guild so take it with a grain of salt.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ainsley McTree posted:

I once made a profit selling those white crafting mats you can buy from the npc vendors on the fleet on the GTN

It's me, I'm the person buying these. Why go to fleet when you can go to guildship?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
gently caress yes I just downed NM Brontes and I am ecstatic. FINALLY.

No mount for me though :smith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

John Dyne posted:

Oh, no, keep an alt there and watch some of the poo poo some time, but you're literally roleplaying with the worst mix of MMO and Star Wars nerds. I moved to the goon server over a year or two ago, so for all I know, things have improved. But back then, it was basically like watching people preen around at the cathedral in Stormwind with their growth potions on, except everyone is a bounty hunter jedi who is actually really loving evil but keeps it perfectly hidden and you can find out more about the horrible events in their past by going to this tumblr link which will auto-play Linkin Park in the top bar and has a LotR background with an animated Bilbo mouse pointer.

e: Or just check out this site http://www.ebon-hawk.net/ because it has character dossiers and journals and poo poo.

e2: This pretty much sums up pretty much every dossier on there:

Name: El'nora Olgkru
Also known as: El, Nubs, Elly, Scary Twi'lek
Species: Twi'lek
Place of Birth: Coruscant
Sexuality: Homosexual
Relationship Status: Single

Player: (Cis) (hetero) Male

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I used this link and it said successfully redeemed, but the page says I don't have any links to give out of my own. Sorry goons, don't know if I did it right :(

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

nonentity posted:

Then I think you'll be pleased with most all the upcoming weapons.

Seriously though, if you guys ever have suggestions, I look here all the time to gauge sentiment on things.

More lightsabers with effects! I'm too zoomed out to ever notice the hilt, so animated blades are the best :3:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

It's all BoP, except the Droid which is BoL

gently caress the Mandalorian statue, this is what I wanted. And I got it :allears:

gonk BWONK honk gonk

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

John Dyne posted:

I think buying Treek from under Cosmetics for the 2k CCs IS the legacy unlock.

Nope, you buy the very expensive contract once, and then buy it in Collections for considerably less (600 or so I think) to unlock it for every character.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ramadu posted:

I of course would never have thought that Treek would be under cosmetics at all.

Edit: Looks like its 700 coins to do the whole account, thats kinda a dick move considering its 2100 coins before

I think you can also buy Treek with credits and then get the account unlock for 700 coins. I think the contract is only 1,000,000.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I'll never forgive bioware for changing that mechanic, it's one of the most awesome moments in any flashpoint and now he's just a dumb tank and spank.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Telex posted:

that dye you get from a cantina pack, there's no way to use it on any other characters is there?

If you want to dye a piece of Legacy gear, you could use that. Take a look at all the legacy chestpieces, see if there's anything that matches an outfit you'd like to make.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Farming Battle of Ilum HM. With a 10 lvl difference you have a nearly 100% resist chance so soloing is no problem.

Have Slicing while running dailies.

Like every MMO ever play the GTN.

My PvE guild has started selling NiM/HM runs and are clearing about 200 million a week.

Selling runs? What, like carrying a player through an op? How on earth do you effectively 7 man the new HM ops :psyduck:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Yeah basically carrying a single DPS through on 8 or 2 on 16 depending on the Op. Haven't sold any Rav/ToS yet still working on alts ourselves.

NiM DF/DP is the popular item anyways. There are several guilds on Harb doing this.

We still can't beat NM dread fortress because the last phase of Brontes kills everyone every time :( and we've not cleared HM Rav or ToS yet either, boo. loving Torque.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

X_ThePerfect posted:

I'll be looking for an EU server come the end of next month but will be a complete newbie - I played a trooper to ~20ish before and never really knew what I was doing, is Progenitor probably my best best for a reasonable server?

Apologies if you aren't EU, I'm an occasional thread lurker and am just making wild assumptions.

I'm in an active (mostly) PvE guild on Red Eclipse, EU non-RP server. Hit me up if you end up there.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Hahaha apparently people found a way to the locked boss and killed him. Bioware already punishing.

Three members of my guild got a 72 hour suspension - they beat it on 8m SM, 8m HM and 16m SM apparently. Bioware supposedly removing achievements, crafting mats and gear that dropped from the boss. Ouch!

The one night I am glad I was left out ;)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Purple stims are like 6k on the GTN and they last 8 hours, through death. That's less than one elite mob drops on Ziost, ain't no excuse for coming raiding without purple stims :colbert:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Tenzarin posted:

So can a sorc dps and then switch to heals and use the same gear? Or do they need a healing set and a dps set?

For hardmode raids you will definitely need a separate set. For storymode stuff, eh, so long as you know your class. Healer gear makes better dps gear than dps does healer. Healer stats like power and crit work for dps but accuracy is pointless for healers.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pierson posted:

Requesting a spoiler: Is Darth Malgus really dead? Last time I played he was a cool NPC but he got killed off in a 5man. Lame.

Also I feel like I'm having trouble holding aggro in flashpoints since Assault (I'm Sith Juggernaut) seems to have no in-built threat generation. Is this game like old WoW where you won't get the big, important abilities in your toolbox 'till near the end of levelling?

Yep (never seen again, so far anyway), and.. Assault? That's a Commando spec. If you mean Immortal, which is the tank Jugg spec, then yeah a lot of your abilities come along later.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI if you're looking for the 12x XP boost. Something went wrong and:

Also, the conclusion of Ziost is a cool cutscene and then access to only dailies... No new story missions. Beh.

Isn't there a new world boss AND a new raid boss? Did they add any reason to do the dailies (ie can you buy anything with the new currency besides rubbish comms gear?)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
PSA: Do not try to pug the new world boss. Holy poo poo are pubbie dps players terrible. Enrage at 60 something % because most of the dps couldn't grasp the concept of "hit adds first".

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pierson posted:

Is the 55-60 story any good? The Hutta one has been average compared to the 1-50 one for obvious reasons but anything to do with KOTOR has my interest, is it worth actually playing SWTOR instead of using it as a cutscenes-and-flightpaths ride? :v:

The endgame story is great but be aware that much of it takes place in Operations. There's currently two endgame story arcs, the Dread Master saga and the Revan stuff. If you want to see all of the Dread Master stuff, start with the bonus series on Belsavis, go through all the level 50 ops in order, then TFB (55 op), then SnV (55 op). Then do Oricon and the two ops there. You don't need a full group for the 50 and 55 ops if you do them 8m story so a couple of guildies or even a pug group can see you through. Everything after that (the Revan stuff) can be solo'd as the Operations are optional or not linked to the story.

Though as an aside, your class (and even your faction) don't really come into the endgame story as it's mostly the same for all characters, a few dialogue differences aside. Pick your favourite class to play and go with it!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Le Saboteur posted:

Since I'm getting closer to actually maxing a character's level soon just wondering if you can run Operations fairly well just using the Group Finder?

No

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

cthulhoo posted:

How long is 55-60 content? I kinda can't force myself to continue after 55 now that magical superfun bonus is gone. :(

Also, I never played through makeb before but judging by the super-OP bolster am I correct in assuming it was absolutely horrible when released?

You plough through it really quickly if you haven't done the Shadow of Revan prelude quests.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
"Are we dead ye- oh my goodness, we won!" :allears:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I have never understood that mail. Who the gently caress is it supposed to be from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Tai posted:

Treek needs gear

Yavin weekly gives two pieces but how does that compare to using oranges and then dumping purple mods/armourings/enhancements in it? Not sure I can be bothered waiting a month to have him able to be god mode again. He already has purple implants and earrings I've made along with a dam good weapon from SoR end quest.

What? Yavin weekly gives you a full set for a single companion.

• Locked thread