Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I have 4 Dunkin Donuts free beverage coupons from the Perks program, and the expiration dates on them aren't spaced out far enough. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

EmmyOk posted:

I have to go in for an MRI on Friday but separate to that I have a stinging sensation in my stomach and now I'm irrationally paranoid that I accidentally swallowed a loose staple on my desk and it'll be torn out of me in the MRI. I wish I was joking

That is horrifying. :stare:

Also, I just found out that one of my favorite bands is playing on the second day of a festival I'm attending, which means that I can't get disgustingly wasted on the FIRST day of that festival. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I was going to put a computer desk, chair, and exercise equipment in my second bedroom, but after spending all my mornings this week dancing around the furniture-less room, I'm starting to think I kind of want to leave it empty.

...so where the hell am I going to put my computer desk, chair, and exercise equipment? :sigh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My free Starbucks birthday drink (a venti iced soy vanilla latte) didn't taste right with the chocolate chip cookie I purchased to accompany it. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I moved into a nice apartment two months ago after living in a total shithole for nearly five years. Two things.

1) I keep running the shower water unnecessarily. When I was living in the shithole, I had to run the water for like five minutes before it (maybe) got warm enough to bathe in, so I'd use that time to do little stuff around the apartment, but now the water is hot immediately and it throws my morning routine off.

2) I keep losing stuff under the furniture/in the second bedroom.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait...you considered having to make idle chit-chat with your coworkers while standing around, waiting for the microwave a good thing?

Some people like their coworkers. :colbert: I'm friendly with some of the customer service folks, and they sit all the way on the other side of the room, so the only time I can interact with them is when I'm waiting for the microwave/coffeemaker.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I somehow managed to lose my sports bra, so I have to buy a new one before gymnastics class tonight.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

nexus6 posted:

When I go out with my friends they like to complain about their jobs or bosses or the job market in general but I enjoy my job so I can't join in the conversation.

Similarly, ever since I got a job I love with a great salary, I feel like I can't commiserate with friends anymore. It's probably weird that my friendships were/are so heavily based on commiseration anyway though.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have a first date in like an hour, but I don't feel like putting on shoes. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DrBouvenstein posted:

Your bank doesn't have an app that allows mobile deposit?

This reminds me of another first world problem -- Bank of America no longer has a supported Windows Phone app. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

nexus6 posted:

I get irritated when people think my username is a reference to a smartphone.

I get irritated when people think my name is Mike and/or that I'm a guy.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm reading a news article in my third language, and there's a thing in the picture associated with the article that I don't know the word for, and it's not strictly related to the article, and I don't want to use Google Translate because that's a bad way to learn, and none of my friends who speak that language are online so I can't ask them. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Because 12345 posts at 1.11 a day would be weirdly satisfying.

Wouldn't it be more satisfying at 6.78 posts a day?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brightman posted:

I never carry cash but similarly I cannot find a wallet I like. I had a Mighty Wallet (Tyvek paper wallet), but it looked horrible after 3 years, so now I'm back to my old leather wallet.

I had one of these because it was thin enough to fit into my jeans pocket (which is nothing to scoff at because women's jean pockets are downright infinitesimal). I replaced it with a standard bifold leather men's wallet, but it just isn't the same. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I don't have enough money to REALLY take advantage of Cyber Monday because I spent it on a hotel room for an upcoming overseas trip. :ssh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Ensign Expendable posted:

The WiFi at work doesn't reach the washrooms, so I have to carefully pick whichever thread looks like it will have the most content or risk being bored while I poop.

A related-ish first world problem I have:

It takes me such a short time to poop that I can't justify taking my phone in the bathroom with me. Obviously I don't mind having a good working digestive system, but I feel like I'm missing out on an experience.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My friend just watched The Force Awakens today and she said she was going to IM me after the movie so we could talk about it, and she hasn't IMed me yet. :saddowns:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm going up to Syracuse tomorrow to hang out with my mom over MLK weekend. After a conversation with a friend about different margarita flavors, I really want to go down to Philly to visit my favorite margarita place instead. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I ordered Norwegian currency today. With my bank, if you place an order before 2pm, the order ships the same day. My confirmation email arrived in my inbox at 2:01. :argh:

I'm going to Norway in two weeks so I don't even need the money quickly, I'm just annoyed that I missed the cutoff by so little.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm going to Oslo in two days. I specifically waited until my cashback rewards credit card arrived in the mail to go shopping for travel supplies. Then when I got to Kmart, it turned out that I'd built up enough Shop Your Way points to buy everything I needed for free. :doh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Even though my credit card and saving account are with Capital One, and my savings account is linked in such a way that I can pay my credit card bill with it, I can't have my cashback rewards deposited directly into my savings account. This is endlessly irksome.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My thumb hurts from playing too much of a really fun video game. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Thin Privilege posted:

My husband ate a whole box of 24 full size snickers ice cream bars in TWO days. I didn't even get to have one. He's not fat, he's like 170lbs. I'm upset and also disgusted.

The line at Wendy's is like 20 cars long. I want my crispy chicken sandwich! :saddowns: At least I have SA to entertain me.

Username/post combo :haw:

This post made me want a Baconator, but I live in a McDonald's/BK area and I work in a complete food desert.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I just got a new phone and it has a USB-C connector. Why :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Choco1980 posted:

LG G5? High five frustrated buddy.

Nope, Lumia 950. Windows Phone 4 lyfe :buddy:

Clinton1011 posted:

It came with a converter right? That would be so wrong if they didn't and rendered your old USB cords obsolete.

No, but it at least came with a charger and a cord. My friend recently got a phone and his didn't even come with a cord.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My credit limit on my rewards card is $1,000, but the flight I'm taking in June is a little over $1,200. Waaaaahhhh. :cry:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Brightman posted:

Call them and ask them to raise it, they probably will. I did that with a card once for a similar amount and they raised it to $7000 because gently caress it.

It's a pretty new card and my credit is bad enough that I was shocked I qualified in the first place. My limit will go up to $1,500 in August, at which point I will bitch that my limit isn't high enough for me to collect rewards on my rent.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's a nice day and I'm well-rested, so I feel vaguely obligated to go out and do something, but I can't figure out what.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I want to post on Facebook about how nice the weather is lately, but I don't want the Hot Weather Brigade to come on my post complaining about how it's May and therefore it should be 85 degrees and therefore I'm wrong to like unseasonably chilly weather.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Nobody in SAS likes the Marlins.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
The people at the McDonald's simply refused to acknowledge the existence of milk until really recently, and it drove me insane. The situation has improved -- however the exchanges have gone from

Employee: What would you like?
Me: Number 9, medium coffee, 3 milks, 3 sugars.
Employee: *punches in 3 creams, 3 sugars*
Me: [internal screaming]

to

Employee: What would you like?
Me: Number 9, medium coffee, 3 milks, 3 sugars.
Employee: Do you want milk or cream?
Me: [internally "What the gently caress did I just say"-ing] Milk, please. Thanks.

"Cream" and "milk" aren't even similar words, so why the gently caress should there be any confusion whatsoever?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I missed hotel breakfast yesterday, so I had to eat at a real restaurant. :(

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My model of cellphone isn't compatible with Pokemon Go :negative: and I can't justify replacing it with one that is because it still works as great as the day I got it. Not even so much as a cracked screen.

Saaaaaaaaaame (although mine at least has a cracked screen). drat you, Microsoft! :argh:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I make so much more money now than I used to that I'm just constantly confused. I make more per paycheck then I used to in two months. I'm so accustomed to panicking over money that I don't know how to behave now. My life just suddenly became comfortable and I still have no idea what to do with that. I can pay my rent ahead of time instead of freaking out and deciding what not to pay on time every month. It's unfamiliar, strange territory.

Hello, me from 22 months ago. I'm here to let you know that 22 months into the future, you're still not used to it! :haw:

In all seriousness though, congratulations, and enjoy yourself! :) Contribute to your 401k, take vacations, go to baseball games, and develop (or re-develop) a video game habit. That's pretty much what I'm doing to "cope" with my no-longer-new situation.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

MisterBibs posted:

A while ago my mouse died,

Sorry for your loss.

quote:

so I went out and bought a new version of the same type.

Oddly clinical phrasing for someone grieving a pet, but okay.

quote:

Annoyingly, the middle-mouse

Wha--

quote:

button

Aaaaaah, got it. :downs:

My first world problem today is reading comprehension/context clues.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I wanted Chinese food and grilled cheese for dinner. I chose Chinese food. Now I want grilled cheese, but I'm too full for it.

I miss baseball.

I want to go to bed, but I'm not going to be able to sleep until I know who wins the election.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

ANUSTART posted:

I always drink a ton of water before bed then i cant sleep cause i have to pee so often and this is such a dumbass easy problem to solve but for years i have done nothing about it , except complain about needing to pee so frequently at night.

I have a 1 1/2-hour commute home from work so I have to stop drinking water a couple of hours before I leave work so I don't have to pee on the train. :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Saturday is my grocery-shopping day, and I've checked the circular and there is absolutely nothing relevant to my life on sale.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There are two places in my delivery radius -- one that serves chicken fingers & fries with no honey mustard, and one that serves chicken fingers with honey mustard but you have to buy the fries separately. Also the place with honey mustard doesn't have any dessert options. This has been a hungover post. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

FWP: just saw my niece, 12, and nephew, 9, and they are both so big and adultish I was surprised. [...] They're both that slight embarrassed to be seen with relatives in public phase, and it's somewhat awkward to suggest we go to the movies or have a game day when they're older and might be interested, or they might not want to hurt my feelings, it's hard to say.

Even when I was in that phase, hanging out with my favorite uncle was always awesome. Then again, when I was 12, my favorite uncle was 24. Are you either the favorite uncle or young enough to seem cool to them?