Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

lol if you don't eat your burgers with bacon and eggs on them

just lmao

what happens if I work eggs and bread crumbs into the ground beef before cooking them? I'm told this is very similar to how meatloaf works but gently caress you, it stops my burgs from shrinking on the grill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

That burger is toooooo big

you'd just end up with mouthfuls of nothing but beef or lettuce or whatever
please take that big burger and make it into lots of little burgers for everybody to enjoy

don't giant-shame please

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Make your patties with a hole in the middle, that way the hole shrinks and not the burg. Didn't your mom teach you anything?

this sounds like quackery to me; the burger still gonna shrink you're just spreading it out further, I think my egg method will work fine for the time being

matrix ripoff posted:

no mom i will not cook your burger until it is a loving puck of coal it is okay to eat meat that is pink god drat it quit being a loving food bitch and EAT THE BURG

actually while steak is okay to eat pink, ground beef is still incredibly risky to eat rare. it has to do with the harmful e-coli living in the cow's gut; with steak if it gets anywhere during the process of being slaughtered, it will be on the surface of the steak, so if you sear it it will probably be killed off in short order. with ground beef it's been mixed up considerably so the chances of e-coli being spread around somewhere inside the ground beef is much higher

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Was gonna say Doob's but that's way too many Fries.

also, the cheese is melted

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Try it sometime. Make your hamburger patty look like a donut basically. Do it.

maybe, maybe, though personally if I really want to get fancy with my burging I make a Jucy Lucy

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chinatown posted:

Ok well putting more meat into a meat patty doesnt really count as adding poo poo as its more meat! theres a place that does a 50/50 beef/bacon burger and its good as poo poo.

also the juicy lucy looks well done

alot of people put crap into their patties like eggs, breadcrumbs, cheese and it basically ends up dry and not good.

but it doesn't really dry it out? and the eggs aren't put into the burger they're mixed into the meat; the whole point is to make the meat easier to shape and not shrink on the grill

this isn't the pizza thread, we're not animals tearing each other to pieces over the correct toppings, let's keep open-minded

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
goons can even make the burg, the most perfect food, harsh and unchill

we are godforsaken monsters

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Shadow posted:

Agree. I actually hate caramelized onions. Other than causing a stringy bite, I never notice them there. Caramelizing seems to do nothing more than "remove flavor."

The only alternative to raw onions on a burger that I'll occasionally partake is onions rings/strings. Sometimes they really do the trick.

the whole point of caramelizing onions was to infuse whatever they were cooking with, with an oniony flavor

putting them on after the fact doesnt make sense to me

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
also, posting from five guys :getin:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
if a megathread is still under 20 pages I can't really excuse not reading it imho

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Culver's has been posted like 5 times now and even discussed in depth for like an entire page 2 pages ago.

but, it's that good my friend

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

toggle posted:

More burg shots for those of us without a tasty burg near please

I gots burg envy

I was going to do burg shots at Five Guys today but I was too drat hungry and ate it

and Five Guys doesn't make a pretty burg anyway, just drat tasty burgs

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Smash it Smash hit posted:

i like cheap burgers, whats wrong with me?

its alright to grab a cheap burg when the burgin strikes hard

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
burgin tonight

you know you live in an age of miracles when you can get double bacon burgs delivered to your domicile

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

doobster is really classing things up

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Monkey Fracas posted:

this one place where I live has like 20 different burgers at any given time

some are good, and some are burgers with the buns replaced with two grilled cheese sandwiches

then around thanksgiving they do a "thanksgiving burger" which is a turkey burger with stuffing and cranberry sauce on it JFC

hell, I'd try that

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
people need to stop burg-shaming itt :shobon: I love all the burgs

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

those burgs are probably poisoned

what kind of inhuman monster poisons a burg..... smdh

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ah, the Uli Burger

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ron Jeremy posted:

This is a true statement. Grill > foreman > skillet

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Shadow posted:

Can you put the foreman grill in the dishwasher?

they make some nowadays where you can take the grill part off to wash it, though I don't own that model personally

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ChuckHead posted:

Alright I can see the level of burg'n in this thread can probably handle this topic.

Layering, I see people take a patty covered in melted cheese and place it on a bun then put cold condiments right on top of the cheese. First of all I don't like my condiments mingeling that close with my cheese, I want them near the meat. Second cold condiments on the cheese changes it from melty to slimy. Why do people do this?

because putting the condiments on top of the burger is less difficult to pull off than trying to stuff them under it

typically the flatter bits (tomatoes, pickles, etc.) can be put on the bottom of the patty while irregular bits (diced onions, lettuce, bacon) needs to go on top

vvv also this eat your burgs fresh criminy

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

At my work cafeteria they have a grill that cooks burgs but theyre some of the most shameful, wimpiest of all time... Eh still might get one tomorrow tho.

Also im kind of astounded people are unironically defending george foreman grills itt

these are burgers, not steaks: your objective is to fully and safely cook the entire ground beef patty because with ground beef the e-coli could be ~anywhere~ where with steak it's almost certainly clinging to the surface, if it's present at all. g-foreman gets the job done quick

and yes, unless you're using some kind of ground beef you made yourself from prime cuts yadda yadda yadda :rolleyes: you should be making steak with those cuts son whats the matter with you

edit: where did my cancer go :confused:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Fetus Tree posted:

you gotta gently caress up p bad to have a bad burg

btw

Burgin right now, thanks wendys

thats whats great about the burg - its entry-level cooking, accessible to anyone w/ground beef and a hot surface, and you can customize the toppings however you want to make it yours :unsmith:

Fetus Tree posted:

I have definitely been eating more burgers because of this thread. Is anybody else in the same boat or is that just me?

not gonna lie, just had a burrito, but I had bratwurst yesterday so I wanted something a little lighter today

burgs are in the forecast though

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a large trout posted:

i wouldn't recommend you go against the flow in here bud

i've been driven from my home

geting threatening messages for hours

#BurgerGate

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

I'm sorry I got a little upset there

hate is contrary to the spirit of burgthread, namaste

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

RideTheSpiral posted:

the true burglord will admit he knows nothing about burgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
got some grass-fed beef thawed and cooked up 2lb of bacon last night, and whole wheat buns because I am not a childe who needs the crust removed from their sammiches and like a bread w/ flavor. I burg well tonight

post suggestions for additional burg toppings

• Locked thread