Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZXaljfzHhA Color is just added weight you don't want.
Go to time is goofed on this vid aim for 12:22

If time travel is ever invented I want to go back to right after he finishes that speech and just go down the line of color handhelds from Nintendo. "And look, the GB color uses only two batteries. . . And this GBA SP doesn't even loving use replaceable batteries, and wait until you see 3D without those stupid red and blue glasses."

This would be after I punched Hitler and told Nintendo not to use close sounding names for their consoles, or other atrocities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
You can't understand how disappointed I was in Senran Kagura when I found out it wasn't a realistic F1 racing sim.

The titties helped though.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hunter + Cupid bow is drat near broken for the first areas of the game.

Look up Nintendo Zones in your area Jaroque, they give out street passes if you go near them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe you are burnt out on Grundy RPGs?

Bought on a Monday, bored on Sunday.

But seriously, it sound like you need a kick off from RPGs for a while, go grab a cheap eshop game that isn't an RPG befor you dive into something grindy. Like Mighty Switch force or one of the Picross games.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It also gives you 10 street pass people, which is nice.

It really feels like the Amiibos are underused for goofy fun crap, like more first party titles could throw in costumes or something. Hell, let me tap a Samus Amiibo in HM4U to unlock the Samus costume without having to quest for it. I don't want them to be necessary, like for unlocking characters, but drat, basically no reason to not throw out a bone in most games.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Are you still trying to claim 30 FPS is a good frame rate for an action game?

Whatever did we do before this generation, I mean drat, think of all those poo poo actions games I thought were good before 60 fps.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm pretty sure the same thought passed through every lonely nerd's head at the same time. That said, I don't know if I feel any better about myself that I thought it ironically.

:negative:

Also, I played Mana Khemia on the PS2, how close to that is the Atelier series?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

So... No one on this page is posting ironically?

There is a man that posts in this very topic about his undying love for Senran Kagura, and you're wondering if we're posting ironically about a crafting RPG?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

greatn posted:

No, it's be a new Nintendo `,-new,'-™ 3ds XL

:golfclap:

I'm wanting to bite on that 3DS humble bundle, but I'm just waiting for the other titles to be Stuff like Citizens of Earth, Mighty Switch Force 2, Shovel Knight or VVVVVV, which I already have. Or just more WiiU stuff.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SystemLogoff posted:

Poor e-reader, no one loved you.

With AR they could totally do this again. And give the AR feature something to do.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

codenameFANGIO posted:

Mario Golf: World Tour, Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Smash Bros. For Nintendo 3DS are all very good games. What games do you enjoy the most, person reading this post???

FFT:CC, MH4, Smash Bros, all of the goddamn picross games, and Both Mighty Switch Forces.

There are so many fun little Eshop games on the 3ds.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

noirstronaut posted:

We those in the states too. Or we did? I dunno if they still have them in supermarkets and poo poo.

Our version are "blind bags/boxes."

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Belle Isle Tech posted:

Also, there's a Japanese import version and a US version on Amazon, and the US version is apparently more expensive. Would a US 3DS be able to use the Japanese version?

I think you can find them at Gamestop for like $15 or less at this point, too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Jarogue posted:

I was playing Mighty Flip Champs on my DSi and DEAR GOD does it feel tiny now that I have been playing on the N3DSXL.

One of my friends had me help him with something on his 2DS and if felt super weird after the XL.

I checked, and the screen on the XL is just slightly smaller than the old 3DS system, it is crazy big.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Which FE:A DLC is the one where you can get xp for your low level dudes? My party of Vaike, Kellum, Sully, Lon'qu, Panne and Tharja + healers and Chrom and Avatar are destroying things and leaving nothing for the low level guys (like Donnel) to kill.

Also I went in expecting to hate Vaike and now I love him, now if only he could find love. On the battlefield.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a negative to having people pair off, like if I have Kellum running with Tharja, will she pop out a mage that can take a hit, but does little damage, as compared to like Tharja + crow dude?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

5er posted:

Any suggestions on a hardcase to carry a n3dsxl in? I need something reasonably shock-resistant, as it will be going into a hiking backpack with clothes and stuff for a couple hundred miles.

Look for something like this at Wal-mart, but with diagonal raised ridges. It's like $13 and has survived a couple of drops just fine. I haven't like power bombed it or thrown it off a cliff, and it isn't waterproof, but it should do well enough. Also it holds 8 games.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
No Stuttering here, and I DLed FE:A directly onto the N3DS.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Since I bought it I have not changed off the Monster hunter theme, it's very chill. Plus whenever I start a game it sounds like I'm going on Mission.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Look up weapon tutorials on youtube and try them all out. Learning how the weapons combo really makes a difference. And use the Low Rank monsters to get an idea of the monster's patterns.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
XL edition doesn't come with a game, interesting.

Picked up Binding of Isaac Rebirth, not seeing the slow down mentioned earlier. It plays just fine.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I played as Lazarus in BoI, and after I beat mom, a hole opened in the wall on the bottom of the screen. When I went in there were 4 items, after I picked up one there was like a boss rush, but all of the bosses spawned in pairs, but not of the same one (so like Monstro II and a black monstro, and then peeps and one of the worms). The room was broken, like only the top and left border appeared, and it curved in at one screen length, but continued on for another half screen. I died, but it was weird.

There was some slow down on that, and one of the boss pairs' sprites didn't load, but it wasn't too bad. (and having Daddy Long Legs, Gemini, haunt, Quad shielded shot, and fart on damage helped.)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It seems like it actually has more stuff to do than Minecraft, and that is the epitome of doing tedious stuff.

And sort of in a self-aware irony, this is the Thread in which people are furiously masterbating to Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. So, yeah...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

FirstAidKite posted:

Was code of princess a good game, and if not, why not

It's not the worst thing you could buy at $14.99. The dialog and characters are pretty fun, and they really do go out of their way to not be super creepy, even with what the main character is wearing. Once you beat the game, you can play almost every character in the game in Vs and the stage selection trail thing, and that includes minor enemies, villager NPCs, and even bosses (including the final boss). The game play and game lay out is just kind of bad though, all of the stages are just small hallways, and the fighting is a special move mess, where you just spam the same special move to kill enemies before they stun lock you to death.

Honestly, if you want a better game in the same Genre, Streets of Rage 2 or Senran Kagura are much better.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Doctor Goat posted:

not mentioned here:

The framerate is super goddamn bad nonstop and that's patched. I'm not sure what the prepatched version was like, but I assume it actually ran the game backwards.

It has been awhile since I played it. Also, I'm pretty sure you can hear the wet fart that is the system rendering those crappy 3D model sprites.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

VideoGames posted:

wanted to join the fray and gush about how much I like New Leaf and that 3D land will probably be the next game I get. it feels quite awesome owning the best console and best handheld.

Check out the Eshop for some fun stuff too.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

homeless snail posted:

Binding of Isaac is new only (and is even worse than BoI usually is).

boI works fine after the patch, and it wasn't unplayable before it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

5er posted:

I actually kind of enjoyed that old DS game about digging dinosaurs out of the ground then fighting with them in this lovely rip-off Pokemon system... I can sometimes enjoy games that are broadly regarded as trash.

They made a new one of those, Fossil Fighters something or other.

Picross E6 is okay, BTW. It only gives bonus content for E - E3 though

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

SelenicMartian posted:

What's the appeal supposed to be?

It was the only decent beat-em-up for a while.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

triplexpac posted:

I figured I could grind a little bit to better handle the fight, but I can't beat the drat grinding levels because dudes just bum rush me.

If you have the DLC gate, go find the mission pack that gives you EXPonential Growth. You can grind that mission somewhat safely, as the enemies will not attack you, and you can pick off the ones you can kill. Just a tip though, watch the levels of the guys you hit.

The Splatoon Squid Sister's theme that came out today(?) is pretty great.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So that Project Mirai game is basically Theaterythym, but $10 more, with 1/4th the songs and none of the cool quest mode stuff?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
After trying the Demo, Project Mirai came across as a Theaterythym clone, but with 1/4th the songs, no content other then dress up, only one song mode (vs 3 in FFTCC), and all of the songs sound the drat same, all for twice what I paid for FFTCC.

Are their any songs from PM that don't song like an already high pitched girl just got dangerously drunk off of helium and stumbled into the worst techno dance club of all time? Like can I expect Miku to drop a song like this: Which would be great

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I cannot see that little blinky cursore thing that shows you where the letters are going, so this is going to rough to type...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Why don't they do a Diva game that's all Sega tunes, minus the vocaloid tunes and the divas and everything else but We Are Burning Rangers?

All companies should do a Theaterythym type game. Nintendo and Capcom would be amazing.

Endorph posted:

the weird-rear end cannibalism song didn't really come across as like, sexual or anything. it was just a dude using miku to make a weird-rear end song. miku is a program, you can use her to make a weird-rear end song if you want.

I think most people understand that not everything in Anime is awful, but it's just that the weirdness is way more accepted as a part of the mainstream of the culture of the product.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Endorph posted:

it kind of isn't though

I was in for Cowboy Bebop and the Gundams, I got right the gently caress out when I saw poo poo like Sister Princess started showing up en-masse on ADVs VoD service (link :nms: for those that can read the title and figure out what's going on). You are deluding yourself to think that some hyper weird poo poo like that isn't more mainstream in anime as a whole then it is in video games.

Also, apparently that thing has a GBA game, so it's sort of relevant to the thread.

ovenboy posted:

N3DS stuff

Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter 4 might be up your alley. You also might want to look into the PicrossE series.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

PantsBandit posted:

I long for the day when there's some sort of program that will quickly and accurately translate from language to language. This whole waiting to play FE while Japan has had it for months is for the birds!

loving Google, right? I mean they could probably do this, but instead they're just making roving targets on wheels.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Morter posted:

So what would you guys recommend? Should I go get Mirai anyway? Or should I consider another one? For what it's worth, I'm not too much of a 'Vocaloid' or idol fan, but neither am I a Final Fantasy fan (which is why I didn't get Theatrhythm).

A bit late but:

Even if you don't like Final Fantasy, the music is pretty good. Also, PM has like 48 songs, FFT:CC has over 200, and they're usually a bit shorter then the PM ones I played in the Demo, which actually nice, as the PM songs tend to drag after like 3 minutes of tapping.

You can also buy songs from games like Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger, The World Ends with you, Neir, and a few others. You have three types of Stages, Event is like the PM songs, Battle and Field are sorta similar, but where as Battle is usually faster paced songs, with each of your party members getting a rhythm line, Field gives you slower songs on one line, but adds moving the cursor on hold triggers.

The other Bonus to FFTCC is that the songs vary from 8-bit beeps and boops to fully orchestrated songs, and a few have vocals, so you should find a few songs you like. Also, no electronic vocals that can cause your ears to bleed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gutcruncher posted:

Id like to present a counterpoint in that while Theatrythm has more songs and also has loads of DLC to keep expanding things, the music is generally not nearly as well-suited to a rhythm game. That isn't to say the music is bad or anything, it just isnt in the right genre.

Edit: Disclaimer, I have only played the first Theatrhythm and didnt buy any DLC. It is possible that my statements are entirely null and void with Curtain Call.

Seems fine to me.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a secret to playing Plague Knight? I downloaded it on my 3DS, and I can only play the base Shovel Knight.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I have a character in New game +, do I have to beat it again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

codenameFANGIO posted:

I had to start a game in a new slot.

Didn't work, had to use the code.

Plague night is rough to control, any tips on how to get past that bug on a plateau reliably?