Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Magnus The Red posted:

Dead Snow 2 has some really dark humor, zombie killing action, and lots of gore.

This has been sitting in my queue since they added it, mocking me. I think tonight is the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

On paper Hannibal sounded like some throwaway show that would surely be cancelled but it is good and very pretty to look at. Plus it has Mads who is my guy.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

If that was the part that made you not like the show, then you will not like the show throughout.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

NESguerilla posted:

Watched Honeymoon last night and I'd say avoid it. It really just went nowhere.

This showed a four star rating, and horror movies above 3 are usually hard to find so that is the only reason I watched it. It was supremely disappointing story wise, but it was fairly suspenseful and the actors did ok. Mostly though it was boring, boring, maddening, and then BAM body horror scene out of nowhere and then worthless ending (minus the anchor scene).

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I hate everything about this clip except the dude it's prom guy.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Robocop 2014 was good. Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton were great.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Skywalker OG posted:

Some of the action stuff not counting the terrible ED209 fights are...serviceable.

I thought these were ok. It did remind me a bit of the mess that was any robot fight in Transformers, but at least I could tell what was happening in Robocop. I also forgot to mention how great Samuel L. Jackson was, and his meltdown at the end got an actual laugh out of me.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I know I am going to love everything about God's Not Dead except the actual message of God's Not Dead. I can't wait.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Who gave this son of a bitch his green card?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

People recommended it earlier, but The Young Ones really is great. Not sure why critics didn't like it. It is a small story with a cool setting that was directed ok. The acting was solid too.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Does anyone have quality issues while watching Archer? It seems every 3-4 minutes the dialogue will continue but the video will pause and then the video will catch up. This used to happen before they added season 5 too. It is only happening when I watch Archer and it drives me crazy.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Counterpoint: The movie is a giant waste of time and has all kinds of insane tone issues and horrendous acting. Looking at the Wikipedia article, it looks like critics either loved it or hated it, so your mileage may vary, I guess. It's definitely...different. But I found it pretty unengaging.

I read the book before I knew there was a movie, so that improved my enjoyment of the film. I recommend the book totally, and the film was passable.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Cuban Fury was good enough to not be considered sucky.

Edit

Because I am a brave soul I am venturing into season 5 and beyond of Dexter despite everyone on earth telling me not too. Season 5 isn't that bad so far after watching about halfway.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I just realized that mentally I got parts of Kinky Boots mixed up with Cuban Fury because I watched them back to back. Though I still think Cuban Fury is at least an average film and not a movie that sucks. Kinky Boots is good though.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Leper Residue posted:

Not to mention Leprechaun 6: Back 2 tha Hood is coming. Quite possibly the best movie about a rapping leprechaun ever made.

I think Lil' Bow Wow was in All About the Benjamins, but yeah L6:B2TH was a better film.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I was very excited to finally get to see God's Not Dead, but it is loving impossible to sit through. If you can watch that entire film without looking at your phone or doing something else you have an iron constitution. I watched maybe an hour total (which I think is impressive for an unforgivable 112 minute running time), but I was mostly fast forwarding. Worth it all thought to watch Sorbo's strawman in action.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

forever whatever posted:

Just watched There Will Be Blood for the first time and drat, Paul Thomas Anderson and Daniel Day Lewis are forces of nature. It was fascinating watching Daniel's character managed to have entire towns bend to his will in moving towards his capitalist vision. The other actors did well too but it really is Lewis's movie. I can't believe it took me this many years to watch it.

Any recommendations on films that have protaganists/antiheroes that are complete misanthropes a la DD Lewis's character in There Will Be Blood? I always seem to identify with characters like that in film and in fiction. Thanks.

Let me just say that There Will be Blood is one of my favorite movies ever and I love Daniel Day Lewis. That being said, there are a couple scenes that I feel second hand embarrassment for his overacting. The one in particular is the scene everyone knows and loves and that is the milkshake dialogue at the finale. The more I watch it, the more I dislike how over the top it is (though I like the ending overall). His outbursts in the film are a great idea as they contrast the long scenes with sparse and/or quiet dialogue. But in some scenes he does it in a way that comes across as just too goofy the more I watch the film.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 5, 2015

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Housebound was really disappointing, mostly because we were in the mood for a scary ghost movie and got a goofy thing with a couple scenes of tension and then a third act that just goes off the rails after the "twist"

I liked it, but I think y'all hyped it too much for me. I will say that if I had no expectations going in, I would have liked it a lot more, so really it's all on me.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Personally I always thought Dolly Dearest was the superior film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQnDhOl5Fbs

The film peaks at 1:22:04

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I've never read any Daredevil before (but did see the Affleck film lol) and I think the show is really good. The fight choreography and Fisk's character are the best parts. It randomly has graphic violence at times too which was a bit shocking, but that is the benefit of a non-broadcast television release.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It's very good.

Ive watched three episodes of the daredevil show and I'm liking it quite a lot so far.

I've been slowly going through it and just watched episode 8 which has to easily be the best episode. Not sure how they can beat that.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Be on the lookout for a Jello Biafra cameo at the end of Tapeheads. He even says his own name.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

The Canal really was pretty decent. I wonder why they didn't talk more about the actual ghost story though. I think it is because none of it is actually real. Or at least most of it isn't. But then how do you explain the ending?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

My Xbox One (or my Netflix account?) has not been saving any progress on shows/movies that I watch. It will let me store things in the queue, but my progress on any tv show or movie is a freeze frame of a month or two ago. It is making me crazy. Any advice?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

NESguerilla posted:

Have you checked on your computer to see if it's the netflix account or the Xbox? Have you tried reinstalling the application or even just logging out/in?

Yes to all. I will try to reinstall it one more time and then I'll try to contact them maybe.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

The third reinstall worked! But for how long? How long, Netflix?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Hope you like watching the same daily burn commercial on repeat.

It looks like *you're* out of excuses

People who buy ads on Hulu have to know that there is a fatigue involved in seeing the same ad loving over and over. I learn to hate the products advertised instead of just becoming aware of them (and maybe eventually purchasing them) like a commercial is supposed to do.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

mr.capps posted:

Watch House. Sorry I mean HOUSE!

You will enjoy HOUSE!

The movie is one of my favor- HOUSE!

House is very bonkers...in a good way.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Saturday Night Fever is good but Stayin' Alive (not on Netflix I don't think) is so many levels of odd that I like it more. Plus it has the greatest song ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAuL_noJLoo

Edit

Also I interpret the ending of the film as him returning to his home planet.

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 6, 2015

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

fliptophead posted:

I started watching The Good Guys on Saturday and was surprised by it being amusing and pretty good. The premise is like a buddy movie with the usual straight guy with an alcoholic partner he's been assigned to look after but it somehow manages to pull it off. Part comedy part action, so far my only complaint is it's only one season, but I'm only up to episode 3. Also it has Bradley Whitford, the bad guy from Billy Madison, as the alcoholic partner, who is excellent in the role.

My buddy and I watched this show over and over and went as 70's cops for halloween because of this show. FOGHAT!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Finally got around to watching Henry and I have to say that after the first 10 minutes I thought that it didn't seem like anything special. As the film continued though, I slowly felt uneasy and it was disturbing to see the videos they made. It was also refreshing to see an 80's story about a murderer played so straight with no slapstick or winks to the audience. I liked it so thanks for the recommendation thread. Also if you live in Chicago, it was fun to see what certain streets looked like in the 80's, and the hovel that they lived in on North St. is now expensive apts/condos.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Hollismason posted:

Late Phases is really good, I recommend it whole heartedly.

This was like blind Charles Bronson shoots werewolves instead of NYC criminals. Amazing.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Just watched episode 1 of Sense8 and goddamn that wet strap-on drop :stare:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Sense8 had some gooey strap-on action.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Adding to the Nightcrawler white noise here, but whoo boy was it a great film all around. Lou is a TRUE Randian superman.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

AKMoose posted:

I have noticed some discussion about Troll 2 on Netflix, but I do not think anyone has mentioned that Best Worst Movie, a documentary about Troll 2, is also available on Hulu Plus if you really need your Troll 2 fix. (I think the doc is okay--the filmmaking is bland, but the subject matter is interesting and the people involved are all kind of odd. The movie is saved by the guy who played the Dad, a really entertaining figure in real life.)

And you can't piss on hospitality! I WON'T ALLOW IT!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

neonnoodle posted:

BTW A Trip to the Moon is fun and it's only about 15 minutes long. Worth a watch.

There are two versions on there, but one has like a soundtrack by Air or something and the other has terrible narration. Didn't the original have title cards or something? Where is that version?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Watching stuff.

Look at this scrub who doesn't open netflix, browse through menus for hours, put things in my list, and then turn off netflix because he is too tired to continue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

K. Waste posted:

Age of Extinction is a typically over self-indulgent, overwrought psychotic Bay film, but it's really not horrendous by any stretch of the imagination. It's not Transformers or Armageddon or anything, and it's even a step down from Dark of the Moon, but I was still thoroughly entertained by the two-fisted, foul-mouthed madness of it all.

Is it actually possible to see what the hell is happening during any action scene in this one?