Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soonmot posted:

Eh, ninjas are like aliens, monsters, or robots in that you can kill them without moral repercussions.

And remember, Ninjas are more afraid of you than you are of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boru posted:

Am I the only one pulling for a Moon Knight show? :pervert:

I'd even settle for a few guest appearances.

How about ROM? I could use a ROM Spaceknight show

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

What made Spartacus so good?

Jupiter's cock

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soonmot posted:

The last season was Start Every Fight By Jumping!

Just like Arrow

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Drifter posted:

He seemed pretty retarded to me. Not just a dude who hulks out. He seems like Sloth from the Goonies or something. plus a weapons engineer.

I just assumed he was an idiot savant armorer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Eh! Frank posted:

I don't think so, since he made a color scheme to distinguish the different areas with varying degrees of protection

I thought that was mostly "It turned black when fully treated" and he didn't have time to treat it all before Matt picked up the costume

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

dj_clawson posted:

Everyone could just start carrying mace and he'd be down for the count.

Let's hope nobody ever tosses a flashbang

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So by "highest rated" they just mean "number of stars people have assigned to it" not "most watched" as "ratings" usually means in the context of TV.

All that article is saying is that the netflix users voted it gold

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I think we're all forgetting a basic fact:

Ninjas aren't people.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

I wouldn't be if they hadn't already referred to her as "that Greek girl" in the show.

Maybe they weren't referring to her nationality

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lundgren was still best

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

X-O posted:

Here's a picture from the current Luke Cage filming.

And yes, that is Ervin Burrell right there next to him. Had no idea Frankie Faison was in this show, but I will most definitely take it.

He'll always be the Black Fuhrer of Harlem to me

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
As it turns out, Jessica Jones is about ethics in game journalism

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2015/11/marvel_s_jessica_jones_and_gamergate_how_the_netflix_series_absorbed_the.html

quote:

Jessica Jones is our first identifiably post-Gamergate thriller.

:wtc: Slate

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Sharmat posted:

Am I the only one that loved every minute of the Hogarth's divorce sub plot?

I hated all of it and especially how it ended since there was literally no reason for them to have ended up at the doctor's house since Kilgrave said "Take me to a doctor you trust" and there was an entirely wasted subplot devoted to how little Hogarth trusted her ex.

I was momentarily thinking that whole subplot would have a payoff when they talked about Kilgrave's parent's being alive. "Finally, the wife will end up being Kilgrave's mom and we get all that dirt and this will all serve a purpose!", but alas.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Soothing Vapors posted:

If Luke Cage isn't about his 13 episode quest to recover his $200 from Dr. Doom I don't even know what the loving point is

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BrianWilly posted:

Shoulda ripped his jaw clean off, Golden Compass style.

She could have just ripped out his tongue

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Does this mean that Iron Fist is going to retire from crime fighting to be a lumberjack?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

I like The Punisher because I dislike the "loophole" of "non-lethal violence" which "good guy" vigilantes get to use to be total badasses without being bad people.

I prefer the "Scud: The disposable assassin" style

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

BiggerBoat posted:

It's Black Vulcan. :colbert:

Next up for Netflix: DC's Black Vulcan and Whitefish

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slashrat posted:

The mention in the trailer of JJ being brought back from death might tie back into AoS, even if they avoid spelling out the connection explicitly. The timeline for it is kind of wonky though.

Tahiti will always be a magical place, irregardless of timeline

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

STAC Goat posted:

I couldn't decide if that was worth drawing attention to or if it just deserved a pass on the grounds of "Black Lightning, Black Panther, Black Vulcan... I see a troubling pattern".

Black Vulcan wanted to be called Supervolt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKbGnzmidsw

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

STAC Goat posted:

John Stewart too.

Hoping Bishop gets some love after Deadpool 2

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Field Mousepad posted:

An hour and a half of black widow doing a bunch of unnecessary flips sounds like a boring rear end movie to me. She is such a lovely, generic spy that can fight character.

But what if we were to add in Roy Harper from Arrow?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where does The Shoveler fit into these power rankings?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd love to see Daredevil appear in the Spider-man movies, those two always had great team ups in the comics

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Narcissus1916 posted:

What shows even offer good solid action scenes outside of Daredevil and Banshee?

They live

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Accretionist posted:

Are there MCU villains with desirable goals? Those are the best.

Magneto is probably the best "noble" goal villain in Marvel. He just wants mutants to have power over those pesky obsolete humans

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HIJK posted:

The scriptwriters had no idea what to do with her character and it’s a real shame because she was a good foil for Matt in the comics. They could have easily copypasted her arc from the comics onto the show especially since both end with her dying in the exact same way, but the copypaste would have been stronger. Her character is unique and well defined so there was nothing there for them to “improve” or “punch up” so what they ended up doing with her actively made her worse.

She's been pretty terrible in every iteration of her character outside of the comic books. Nobody seems to know what to do with her

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rocksicles posted:

Knight-Wing
Carbon Fibre Fist and Iron Fist Investigations.

Isn't their comic book "daughters of the dragon" or some such?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The Foot Clan is awesome, don't sully their good name by association with the Hand

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parkingtigers posted:

Not enough people in this thread have watched the excellent and actually good Cloak and Dagger, set in New Orleans.

It was pretty solid but I wish they had done more cloak and daggering

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

adhuin posted:

Trish was the real villain.

Mama bear Manson was cool.

The writers were the real villains

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DrNutt posted:

Can you folks watching the new season of the Punisher let me know if the soundtrack of the second season is any less embarrassing? I loved the first season but the cheesy blues guitar riffs made everything feel like a high budget Renegade (starring Lorenzo Lamas) whenever they popped up.

You say high budget renegade like that's a bad thing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jerusalem posted:

I really, really hope they can return to the form of the first season. The second season wasn't terrible but the mother was a pretty poor antagonist and the lovely doctor NEVER got successfully called out for his utterly reprehensible bullshit.

I agree, terrible isn't a strong enough word to describe season 2

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Idk after last season maybe there’s nowhere to go but up?

I have full confidence that Netflix's writers can find a shovel

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Having set through Season 2, I think they're actually protecting us.

They're holding it back so it's release can most effectively poison the jury pool for the writers guild lawsuits

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
The real viewership killer was how godawful some of the seasons were. I have zero hype for jj3 after jj2

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
All hyperintelligent villains in TV and cinema are godawful. The writers aren't diabolical geniuses which means the villains are pretty average and everyone around them has to get a lobotomy for it to be believable

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lurdiak posted:

Nothing Hogarth did in this season was interesting and the only impact she had on the main plot was to drag out something that was already way too long in the tooth.

Nothing Hogarth did the entire run was interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teek posted:

Jeph Loeb is apparently expected to announce he's leaving Marvel TV within the next month or so per Variety and Hollywood Reporter.

Seems pretty set. Given that he and feige don't like each other this is hardly surprising now that Kevin is his boss.

The worst part is that Loeb is also rumored to have a new top of the food chain job lined up, hopefully not in charge of some other property I care about