Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Can I get an invite to the guild @val'uum? The argonian racials were sadly too unminmaxed for my aspie tastes, please dont judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

alarumklok posted:

Should I only be doing quests that are equal or greater than my level, or is it worth it to do lower stuffs?

I'm finishing up the main quest now, having done every quest and all exploration/killing in every area (except fighters guild), no pvp and no group dungeons. Typically I've been 1-2 levels ahead of the quests/mobs, then 2-3 towards the end of each area. Pretty much perfectly balanced for solo play - the perfect MMO!

Tindahbawx posted:

Are the EU and US servers seperate communities?

If I was to set up a character I assume I'd want to be doing it US side if I have any intention of joining the goon guild?
Yep. So come join us other GMTers on the filthy american server.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

AND NO STAMSORC PROPAGANDA
I respecced just now, cant wait to run dungeons with you guys again. 10k health stamsorcs represent!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

I haven't logged on since Fallout 4 came out and I feel terrible. I've betrayed you, goon family.
"Buy this game before it goes on sale it's the best ever dawg <quits forever>" - actual quote from steam chat

Post your dog, dog.

valuum fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Dec 19, 2015

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Trogdos! posted:

How's this game for occasional solo PvE-ing? I've been eyeing ESO and kinda want an Elder Scrolls 5.5 game since I'm pretty much done with Skyrim. Are quests interesting or just bear-rear end hauling? I'm not interested in raiding or PvP or anything requiring commitment.

It's brilliant for that, if you ask me. After you complete the main quest, you play through the other two factions' storylines. I've seen people refering to it a weak cop out, but I think it's awesome, and it makes the "solo" part of the game huge.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

tgidieday posted:

Yeah, it's 10 for bank/tabard, 50 for store. You lose access if you lose the people, so there's no incentive to kick people out unless you're getting close to 500.
There's a tabard? Where's the tabard?

e: log on, dummy!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rough Lobster posted:

You should get an achievement

Speaking of, I just got an achievement for murdering a mommy bear and her cub, slightly off the track in a public dungeon. I was expecting something like Pupkiller/Peacebreaker/Worst Hero, but ended up with another Yourethemannowdog. I guess the game has spoiled me previously.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

Drop a few bucks on the explorer pack and you can do goon stuff with goons.

That only works when you create the character though, not for existing characters. At least that's what I found out somewhere after I got the pack.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
On my way through gold now, and I have to agree with EP being the least coherent story. But prettiest and best-looking! DC seems to me to have the best characters, with Emeric and that playboy-dude. I also enjoyed Alik'r's smattering of weird quests, and they made the desert look really pretty in places.

Unrelated, anyone else having problems with FTC not registering hits correctly? Even when I seemingly weave perfectly (semi-heavy/force pulse, semi-heavy/crystal frag when it procs), it registers at most half the heavy attacks. Some very light testing suggests this is FTC's fault, as I see the health drop when the heavy attack hits.

e: Ah, it registers force pulse three times, on account of it being three-pronged. Nothing to see here.

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 3, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
There are quite a few of us on the NA servers, along with some Asian/Aussian timezonerers. Dont know if there is a live EU guild at all. Join uuussss.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Pretty sure the guild will consist of 97% stamsorcs in a month.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dear Zenimax, just let me use more than one dumb pet at once. I'll make you rich!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Violent Kitten posted:

Any goon guilds on the EU server? Got a very cheap copy of the imperial edition a couple of days ago.
We're all (I think) on the NA server. Come play with the Trumpets!

Scyantific posted:

Yay more [..] solo content
Yay! :)

e: all of it sounds neat and I want a camel

valuum fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jan 28, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Bitch please, for it is IIIII, that is, in fact, the biggest sperge!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

How is this game now? I've been craving an online fantasy game for a while. I've between this and FF14. I know FF14 has some good reviews and might more likely be the recommended game, but I did play it for a little while on ps3 and while it seemed alright it didn't really grab me. I'm not expecting a super great game, or for it to be exactly like skyrim or anything. Just something fun to do on and off for a little while. Mostly interested in pissing around and exploring and enjoying the leveling rather than getting into any kind of end game raid stuff.

Same experience with FF14, really enjoying this game. Been playing for 3-4 months, not suffering from burnout related injuries yet. Pissing, exploring and levelling is this game's forte.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

JackBadass posted:

The only issue with PC UI addons is worrying about how many of them will stop working with each update. Sure, console players don't have a minimap or detailed health/stamina/magika readouts, but on the flip side, we have a much cleaner and nicer default UI and we don't have nearly as many crash and compatibility problems each update.

Is this another one of the problems from back at launch? I've been playing since october, never updated addons and havent had a single crash or glitch. Playing the game without addons sounds crazy, all those lovely lovely quality of life improvements~~~

I do love excel and spreadsheets though! (not sarcasm, I really do)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Many heroes lept to their deaths for the hand of the fair maiden~~

Only registered members can see post attachments!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

JackBadass posted:

Getting V15/16 materials in that quantity is a cake walk. I don't know what you're talking about. I literally sell stacks of them raw because I have an abundance. Just go to Wrothgar and farm for a little bit.
In an effort to be nice, I'm going to assume that nodes on the PS4 give way more than 3-4 mats.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
From the announcement earlier : "Some Assistants are obtained by completing in-game objectives, and others are available for purchase in the Crown Store under the Upgrades category. "

Ahh please let it be the banker..

e: Booooo VVVVVV

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 25, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
1/377

You guys are the worst :mad:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I.. uh.. have you guys seen this? http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/02/16/hearts-day-love-in-eso

JackBadass posted:

What I mean is you're not going to see more than one or two people online at a given time, not that none of us play.
There's a quick fix to this problem, but I'm not sure you're quite ready to join the master race.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Overemotional Robot posted:

To get back in what do I need to give you guys?
@accountname, after you've brought the server back to life from maintenance.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Berke Negri posted:

So I'm still saving up mats to make VR16 gear, and was planning on skipping VR 15 altogether. With just VR14 stuff my magdk post buffs I have like, oh, ~28-30k magicka, 2600 spell damage, and 60% spell crit or whatever. That's with five piece of julianos, torugs on shoulders and helm, 5/1/1 for undaunted passive and torugs on my s&b and destro staff. Is that enough to possibly do some VR pledges?
They keep dragging my unqualified, undergeared rear end through them, so you should be more than fine.

Sogol posted:

So that is a pretty major set of skill changes with no respec from them. Same with CP's.
AGggh.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Baron Porkface posted:

Am I retarded or is this game super obtuse?
Hey now, one doesnt exclude the other!

(iknownothing)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Denis posted:

Are there any goons on EU ?
The EU guild is dead (was it ever alive? Do they ever work? I've only seen an EU-version work in vanilla WoW). Join us other yuros/aussies/weirdoes on the NA server. It's usually pretty crowded-ish in the evenings GMT, especially during weekends.

Maybe Scy will add this info somewhere in the op one fine day? I think all my posts in this thread is this same answer :colbert:

e: also I'm back from 'nam, huzza(notreallyhuzza,it'scoldandwetandworkandbooo)!

valuum fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Apr 5, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Scyantific posted:

But hey if you like to quest and steal stuff, then the game's in a great state.

Agreed! This is mostly what I do, sprinkled with some goon grouping/dunging, and it's pretty neat tbhimhofwiw.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

I'm really liking Blast for it's multi target hits. You can spam it to shorten the animation and get decent results. Knockdown is good, too. Though I can see the appeal of Frag if it procs regularly enough.
Crystal frag is ridiculously good. Huge damage and no cast time at half cost. You shouldnt really (well, do whatever you like, but it's not oooptimal) be using blast/frag for dpsing. If you do something like weave light attacks and force pulse, while casting frag when it procs (which is very often), you'll get much better results. If that's your thing~~~

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

patch notes posted:

Conjured Ward: Reduced the duration of this ability and the Hardened Ward morph to 6 seconds from 20 seconds.
Empowered Ward (Conjured Ward morph): Reduced the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 20 seconds.

What the gently caress

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rookersh posted:

What should I buy with my monthly sub crowns?

• Dumb costume
  • Dumb, weird or large mount (troncat, camel)
Everyone should have this.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Well doh, everyone having it ruins the fun.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
It's also super-chill, and the latest DLCs have made it thieving/murdering heaven. I just.. cant stop murdering innocents. They are also heavy on solo play (which is great (sorry Scy <3)).

e: yeah grouping with goons is also stress free and neat. Maybe if you're sober too.

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jun 6, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

patch notes posted:

All ability and morph respec costs have been restored to the original cost of 50 gold per point instead of temporary cost of 1 gold per point that we put in place for the first week after Dark Brotherhood launch.
Uuhh what? They should announce that poo poo properly. gently caress.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Ahh thanks for all the input. I am to far from end game to even think about materials but it is good to know its a consideration. So I downloaded some addons. Is there a way to know what skill points I 'missed' in a region? For instance if I leave an area and got 2/3 skyshards did 1/2 dungeons and got all the quest skill points, will there be a way to know which dungeon still has a skill point available for me?
There's an achievement in each zone for getting all the skyshards. I think it might also give a rough description or placement?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

poptart_fairy posted:

Wow, the group dungeons are miserable. Tons of HP sacks. Things are a slog. :(
Whaat. I can barely get a hit in on most mobs as we run through dungeons. Is this a groupfinder/lower level thing?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

jabro posted:

I'm waiting until level 50 and done with my fraction's story before starting the expansions. Is it better to do them in order or just doesn't matter?

I'd say do the thieves guild first, as the skills are really helpful. Particularly for DB, where one might tend to get messy and rack up bounties.. TG and DB skills: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Guild+Skills

e: Actually, you might want to get TG started right away, as it unlocks thieves troves (they are rare and rather meh, but still)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
If you're starting out now it's probably better to sub, considering the number of DLCs. Other than that, it depends how much you like/want the quality of life stuff the sub gets you. 10% exp/stuff, craft bag, and (next update) dyeing costumes and hats. Buying crowns separately is cheaper if you intend to play for a long time, especially if you buy during one of the (rare) sales. I also like that I dont feel forced to play or unsub.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Could I get an invite into that decon guild, @val'uum? They're clogging up my inventory.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Could I get an invite into that decon guild, @val'uum? They're clogging up my inventory.
I'll be dumping the 280% bonus gear into Lusty argonians then, since it's almost empty after crafting bags. First come first served.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Bluh, some part of my computer hosed itself last night. GOOD TIMES. Also going to Croatia for a couple of weeks, so see when I see you I guess <3

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Alrighty, let's see how the game runs on my laptop (curse your deadness, desktop comp). Just have to diddle down these 30 gigs first..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

valuum posted:

Alrighty, let's see how the game runs on my laptop (curse your deadness, desktop comp). Just have to diddle down these 30 gigs first..
Runs like poo poo on low/medium and requires loading in the open areas. Also I cant hit the right buttons for the life of me. Nice! Let's run dungeons!

SamEyeAm posted:

Need an invite
Got your back bruh.

• Locked thread