Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I have a final tomorrow. Goddammit, I just want to explode zombies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Rei_ posted:

Does medic get buffs to weapon damage per level?
Doesn't seem like it. Damage resistance, speed, and healing dart efficacy/recharge rate.

Medic shotgun is a definite "oh poo poo" weapon, though. Really low ammo capacity for the RoF/damage, but it does really well when you need to shred something fast. So far (in my ~5 games to wave 7), I've been buying the SMG first thing, picking up the AR, then grabbing the medic shotgun and ditching the SMG on the last wave. I should probably switch to an AA-12 or something for Hans, but eh. I'll get there. I can't wait for level 5 medic and the +ammo perk.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

StabMasterArson posted:

I like how you can press R when youre fully loaded to mess around with your gun. They all look and feel really great except the medic weapons which all look identical, makes it hard to tell what I'm actually switching to. Pubbies still funkilling tryhards who get pissed off if you don't win every game.
yeah, the concept of the medic weapons being modular is cool, but its kind of frustrating sometimes too.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Playing medic sucks because I need a flashlight on for most levels because of the darkness. Thought after the first game they wouldn't go back to doing that but hey, early access so I ain't too concerned yet. Still fun.
Your SMG, which is unnecessarily badass for a cheap upgrade, comes with a flashlight. Press F to turn it on.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Crabtree posted:

I am medic. I am the best class in the game. I have both a healing shotgun and assault rifle whose medical darts lock on to people, and that's not even getting into what happens when I have perks!

Whether its dartin or killin, I'm makin dosh.
On the other hand, I think that at higher levels medic is going to feel pretty drat weak, like some kind of cheap Commando, when it comes to actually killing things. Without the +damage perks or class level-ups, its going to be harder and harder to bring anything but trash down. The only +damage the medics get that I can see are that Lacerate ability that applies a DoT and upgrading the grenades to gently caress with the enemies. Other than that, you're going to continue to be an off-perk commando that can heal like a goddamn beast.

Which is still pretty cool.

e: Kinda don't see the point of the commando right now, to be honest. Supports and berserkers are both really good and pretty unique, but commando/medic overlap a lot in some ways.
e2: I'm also really bad at this game.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 22, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Nodded huge playercount servers keep loving up the matchmaking and its making me grumpy.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

DatonKallandor posted:

Enemy health supposedly doesn't scale with difficulty so the Medic will always be great at killing everything weaker than a Scrake. And the healing is incredible.
Oh, not-scaling health changes a lot. Cool. Two questions for pro medics: is the perk that lets you heal some armor worthwhile at all? And what sources of healing stack and how?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Shifting everyone to level 1 instead of 0 for minor perk benefits at the beginning isn't a bad idea though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

splifyphus posted:

It's really easy to not have to do the early levels just by taking some backup non-perk weapons on your main. I have support at lvl 2 without even touching it yet, just from welding doors and taking the hunting shotty as a backup weapon.
Yeah, fair enough. I should start taking the hunting shotgun instead of the medic one as my "gently caress!" backup that I use it for on later waves.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Section Z posted:

This is why I wish we had ONE more weight in general. Because then my support could go Stock shotgun (5), AA12(10), Medic Pistol(1) without having to take a talent I do not have for +5 weight.

But the hunting shotgun is only 4 units and better in every way than the stock? Like, its a very serviceable main weapon rather than the big threat killer t was in kf1 (On normal 7 wave at least)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I think I actually keep a higher sustained fire rate with the boomstick than stock gun because of the fast reload and fire rate, while the stock is just painfully slow at both. Plus the double clears out trash enough that reloading is safer. I don't know, YMMV, but goddamn do I love everything about the double-barrel.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

splifyphus posted:

e: Actually, the worst thing about the zerker is that he feels kind of useless when the boss comes around. Haven't figured out how to be much of a contribution in that fight yet, and I'm always the guy who dies first trying to get in alt hammer strikes.
Seen some pretty effective zerkers rushing him with that buzzsaw thing. You can circle-strafe him pretty easily and avoid a lot of damage that way; all you have to watch out for is his AoE gas. Seemed like they did good damage to him (in that they killed him without me using an AA-12). Which, really is all I could ask for.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Honestly I don't like either the ar15 or starting shotgun at all. I'd rather use the 9mm on those two classes and just jump to the t2. Medic and berserker t1s are fine though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Well, right now supports aggroing scrakes are pretty much the easiest way to kill them. AA12s to the face do it handily.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Senethro posted:

Sorry if this has been asked already but how much of your class bonuses work on off-perk weapons? Like does the Commando's weapon damage affect every gun in the game and does the Support have bonus penetration when using the Medic's shotgun?
The commando's weapon damage appears to, but I think that's because they specifically have it set to be "any weapon" so they're the jack-of-all-trades but better at killing trash class. The rest, I don't know about and I'd like to.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
What does Lacerate do on the medic tree? It looks like it applies a DoT, but it also could add an increased damage debuff.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So, it turns out, I'm bad at berserking. I can't get the hang of parrying down in a big mob. Running in swinging frantically with the shovel or hammer works...okay if there's a medic glued to me and I'm playing normal, but there has to be a better way to do it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, the whole "Get body armor from the start and a body armor discount" thing seems so, well, not really worth it, not needed, and the selfish option. There can be reasons for other perks to take selfish options (like Supports having more AA12 ammo) but as a medic it kinda goes against the grain.

Also, the best thing is when other people notice and comment on it.
Yeah, I've never had an issue affording the medic SMG without the 300 you save from the armor and I can't say I've ever really needed the AR (possibly) a round earlier. Cool, I'm getting close to level 10 on my medic and looking forward to it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Zerker WAS overpowered in KF1 but it feels in their haste to balance him for KF2 they just made him lackluster and mediocre, unless the dragon one is gonna have all the damage resistance stuff.
But if it does, you start running low on classes that can actually do damage to the big guys. Commandos kill trash, Firebugs kill trash, SWAT tanks (seemingly), medic tanks/heals/trash, Berserker ???, Martial arts ??? Demo might be a heavy hitter but grenade launchers seem like they're going to clean up trash really well too. That leaves sharpshooters and AA12 supports as the two best able to burst down FPs and scrakes. Maybe gunslingers too?

If martial artists became more mobile/kiting/hard-hitting characters while berserkers gain a few more toughness perks, you'd at least have a melee class split between hard-hitting but fragile and tough but weaker hits. Kind of like how SWAT seems like a role split from KF1 medics and KF1 sharpshooters are split into gunslinger and sharpshooter in KF2.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

TheJimTimMan posted:

It may just be that the AA12 is weaker. According to the store stats all shotguns do the same amount of damage now, which seems strange.
Double-barrel fires 12 pellets instead of 7 like all other shotguns but the medic one (6x20) and the RoF for all the guns obviously varies a lot. In general it seems like they smoothed out the weapons so that the t4 aren't miles ahead of the starter or t2 guns, but are still noticeably better.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Is the Supplier perk for Support any good? How much ammo do people get?
Its like an ammo pick-up, so one magazine per weapon, iirc.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Eonwe posted:

have they said anything about future perks? I think there were supposed to be 10 eventually. The 4 in game now, Demo, Firebug, and????
SWAT, Demo, Firebug, Sharpshooter, Gunslinger, and one that's probably martial arts or something because its symbol is a chinese dragon head.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
If they want me to use the syringe mid-combat, they need to make it a lot easier to use on a moving target. Anyone who needs it is probably desperately strafing around and/or my "helpful" syringe is just going to mean I bodyblock them in to eat the damage anyhow. I never felt like the KF1 syringe was tricky to use on moving targets, but I really struggle with the KF2 syringe.

Also, totally anecdotally, but I could swear my darts recharge a lot faster as a medic too.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Don't lock your team into a closed area in with welding and you really should be fine.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

alarumklok posted:

Do we know what any of the other perks are going to be besides the inevitable firebug one? I haven't enjoyed shooting (dead)mans like this since I dropped PS2, but none of the current perks do it for me.
To be added: demolitions, firebug, sharpshooter, gunslinger, swat, and martial arts

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

closeted republican posted:

I was disappointed they never put in a Webley revolver in KF1. It's top break like the Schofield, cool, and British.
I'm holding out hope that with the Gunslinger class, we'll get a Webley. Plus, gunslinger seems like a perfect class for rapid reload skill + new animations for it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Magres posted:

Emergencies primarily means "clipdump your shotgun into scrakes and fleshpounds." I'm not positive because the medic shotgun is pathetically weak in damage now that I'm actually looking at numbers, but I think you'll get more DPS bursted out quickly if you clipdump your shotgun then switch to the AR to keep shooting.
That's what I've been doing, plus it also has a decent dart supply. It seems like, with zero penetration, its for magdumping at big targets and then running like gently caress to get the AR back out. That said, I think using an off-perk weapon (commando) might be a decent option here if you really need the damage, but you shouldn't. More medic guns = more darts to poo poo out.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alkydere posted:

I respect that. I mean, I'm used to Firaxis's "once a year...maybe." patches after all.

I'm mostly saying that what it really feels like Questioner and crew are spending too much time polishing right now. A polished final product is obviously desired, but as said it feels a bit silly to put too much polish on something when likely the first draft will have some sort of flaw (just how life works). Slap a coat of primer on it, make sure it doesn't burst into flames if looked at cross-eyed, then kick it out the door and let the community play with it (and make funny videos of it) while data is gathered.
On the other hand, getting a really robust system in place that works can mean that later updates are all tweaking numbers rather than requiring multiple huge overhauls of the system. I don't do any kind of development, so I'm really just talking about of my rear end here. Feedback's good. Putting a system in place that breaks whenever you add a new class/feature/weapon/whatever means you're spending a lot of time re-doing everything.

e: vvvv Precisely.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 1, 2015

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
:aaa: That's awesome.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ZearothK posted:

They will crossover with E.Y.E. and add the motherfucking Bear-Killer Pistol as the Tier 4 gunslinger weapon. If you dual-wield it you fly backwards.
I really, really hope they do this. That gun was a goddamn godsend.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Triggs posted:

Dear Devs:

This is what I want out of an M4 (or assault rifle in general): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc&t=4m10s

The AA-12 is still my favorite weapon to use despite the Firebug patch.

I like loud weapons and a rifle that matches the AA-12's intensity would be :awesome:

Love,

Triggs
poo poo, I want whatever rifle Al Pacino's character is using.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Played around again for the first time since release. Zerk is fun as hell and I'm really bad at parrying, but stunlocking a scrake with zwei strong headshots and a few decent parries felt awesome. Then three fps showed up and all my demo friends ran away, taking their RPGs with them while a firebug helpfully bathed everything in flames so I couldn't see anything. Was fun, would do again. I grabbed a medic ar as my long range complement to my zwei, figuring I could help the team out with heals and decent dart regen. Oh well.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

puppy party posted:

Same, it's so bad.
Play medic and babysit some folks.

Also, I keep having terrible connection issues this weekend. Tons of disconnects even with really good ping. Anyone else, or just me/my computer/the update/the weekend?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

gnome7 posted:

C4 should really be immune to Siren screams, they're decent at best already and having such a major glaring weakness as "your trap might not be there because the spawns put a siren that way" is ridiculous.
Siren screams could prevent the C4 from going off while they're actually screaming, I suppose, while not destroying the C4 itself.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Personally, I don't see the problem with having tons of ammo. It won't make the game less fun if people get to shoot their primary all the time instead of scrounging for spare shots.
I don't know, I like the feeling of whipping out the bigass guns when a threat comes around the corner, rather than just shooting everything with the same gun once I unlock it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I still can't get over "I'm delicious!" and think of gorefasts as gingerbread men.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Heck, even a last weapon quickswitch button would go a long way to making things less of a pain.
Please please give me this.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Huh, so dual 9mms are offperk, then? Interesting.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Pretty sure the low heal xp is to prevent money/xp boosting. It's also in line with the xp boosts other classes get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Wait, people are surprised by this? The way they set up the ability to customize your character made it scream cosmetic microtransactions.