Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Arglebargle III posted:

Chaos Guys are amazing joggers god drat.

AEROBICS FOR THE AEROBICS GOD :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Select the army he's in, then click his card specifically. Then right click someplace.

e;fb

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Night10194 posted:

I just now did exactly this and am currently feeling both really clever and really happy I got to gently caress up Marienburg because they are massive assholes in the fluff.

Kneel to Franz!

Would have been a cheaper way for me to do it, that's for sure, but Karl Franz marched up to the walls with an entire army, built a shitload of siege weapons, and loving took it stone by bloody paving stone. Lost 1200 men in that fight. Still won. Place is now raking in the dough for me, so gently caress that "pyrrhic victory" gryphshit :c00l:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

madmac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skFKNudZuWM

Sigvald speeches are certainly a thing.

GOTY

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Hahaha playing as the Empire is glorious, since getting decent artillery units I've only needed the melee lads to stand around and look hard, the arty tears things apart on the way up, then my gunners and crossbowmen subject the poor sods to further withering fire, and I can smash the cavalry or Karl Franz on his Pegasus (gets Deathclaw next level :getin:) into anyone who actually gets through that.

And now I can build steam tanks so guess where the entire Imperial treasury is about to go.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Vargs thought they were hot poo poo, bringing 4000 guys to a 1500 guy fight.

Vargs got loving owned.

But they've got so many stacks and I've got so few (One fewer after an entire army got wiped out to a man :gonk:) so unless some assholes start accepting Confederation real soon, I think The Empire is hosed.

Not that I won't fight to the last man.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Arglebargle III posted:

They went through the wrong halberd unit.

I see I'm not the only one who names units personally. The Reiksguards who start with him have saved the day more than once, and they are known throughout the Old World as Karl Franz's Iron, perhaps the greatest cavalry unit that exists.

MadJackMcJack posted:

I got a Night Goblin Shaman from an event early on and I just realised he has a bloody monocle :allears:

Well you can't own a bloody estate wiffout a monocle, otherwise the grots'll fink yer just one of 'em.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

William Bear posted:

The pre-battle force strength bar was almost entirely red, suggesting I had no chance. But when I actually fought the battle...

You could say my army was ogre-powered. :smuggo:

Shoulda checked himself before he Shrek'd himself.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Skyl3lazer posted:

I had a non aggression pact with them actually, they ignore it as soon as waagh starts. It's bad game design :)

Actually it's good game design, both because it's accurate to the lore (a non-aggression pact with the orcs? lmao) and because it forces you to make choices about where and how to use your resources and units both.

What you're saying is equivalent to bitching about building economic buildings because the game requires you to have an income to sustain your armies. Or building military buildings because the game requires you to have them to train units.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

victrix posted:

Does positive Public Order have any benefits? The tooltips are leaving me in the dark here, as is the help page. It seems like you only care about having a positive net, not a positive overall, since rebellion is the only visible effect.

No, but there is a mod which makes it so Public Order provides a modest increase/decrease in tax depending on just how happy or angry folks are: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691040678

e; ^^^ That is WAD and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Am I right in thinking there's a mod that adds a fourth settlement level to minor settlements? I thought I'd read that in this thread but I can't find anything on the workshop.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mazz posted:

I made a mod that does that for the dwarves, I never released it on the workshop.

Oh okay, fair enough! Thanks for the quick reply :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've been confederating left and right as The Empire in my current game, the way to do it is reasonably simple;

Make treaties whenever possible. Doesn't matter what they are (unless they would drag you into something troublesome), just sign them.
Do not make treaties with your confederation target's enemies (though you can typically get away with just a trade agreement or NAP).
They like when you're at war with their enemies, but it's only a small relations improvement - what they really like is when you actually go fight their enemies.
Give it some time, they won't confederate two turns after you sign a trade pact or something. It'll take awhile for the relations to build up.
Be bigger, stronger, and richer.
People get a lot quicker to confederate once Chaos shows up, so you'll probably go from one or maybe two beforehand to half your race afterward, if you play your cards right.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

After watching from afar as the Dwarves hosed Archaon up real badly, I just won my first TW campaign ever, despite playing since Rome 1. Not even Magnus the Pious matched Karl Franz's efforts. We have now a new, unified Empire, the Vampires are expunged, we are great friends with our neighbors, and we can now turn south to beat back the Greenskins once and for all.

This is a good god drat game. Next up, Dorfs? Vampire Counts? Migratory Vampire Counts?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mans posted:

I swear the god the constant golden chevron, six stack elite Varg armies that cross the sea are a much bigger threat than anything the warriors of chaos have thrown at me so far.

full stacks of axe throwers + giants are bad enough, they need to be golden chevron too???

For real, in the game I just finished Skraelings were a danger I could handle, Chaos were trouble I could overcome, but Vargs were a loving tide of hell that swept across my lands and destroyed all.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Started with VCs, took the starting army out on a jaunt all the way to Spain, settled down there. Lost home to Drakenhof on the way or whoever, but who cares, they're now stronger for bothering people over there while I move on to Tilea and south Bretonnia. The great migration was really viable and lots of fun!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

cheese posted:

Wow, interesting, I would like to hear more. Did just you just raid your way over?

Edit: Idea for a challenging VC campaign. Only ever raise troops through raise dead, recruiting is off limits!

Nope, just hit March Stance on turn one, headed through the mountains so I got on ships by Border Princes, then sailed around to my destination and sieged it in a couple turns. Presumably it would be a lot tougher if the main army was at home rather than just having a garrison!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

cheese posted:

And you captured the VC faction there right?

No this is down south of them a ways, I hit the capital (can't remember the name, starts with M) of Estalia

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I've got a fairly good handle on the game, but I'm curious about a situation I come across occasionally and want to see what goons do. What's the preferred tactical setup for when you're outnumbered, but not necessarily outclassed, e.g. if you're up against VC chaff or weaker Greenskins? Specifically what formations do people use; checkerboards are great in relatively even fights, but if you're way outnumbered it's really hard to not get flanked.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

sassassin posted:

Concentrate your hardest hitting units on one point, break through their lines there and chain rout.

Also kill the officers first.

Aye, I tend to focus on officers in such situations. Hadn't thought of ploughing through the lines like that though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

That and Fall Of The Samurai were great fun, basically only when the ships have cannons is it good. Also having naval artillery support in land battles in FotS was the best thing.

FotS was so good, but offshore naval support might have been my favorite part of all, just raining down hell from miles away with nothing the enemy could do except try to disperse. But oh, you dispersed your lines? Well gee that sure makes it easier for me to charge them, so get owned fucko!

• Locked thread