Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Pneumaticraft has seeds that plant by throwing them into the world and keying then take a hold that way. Certain plants can grow on grass and they all have specific ways of propagating. It's usually an annoying way too. Anyways when you break them if you don't catch them they can replant. Though I think these days they wait a couple seconds before replanting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

, and they are emulating the pokemon battle using the same exact formulas from the game.

Which I think is a waste. Why would I want to play some turn based combat in a large open world with Pokemon's everywhere

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Seriously, Vazkii's done a good job at making Botania accessible.

I will definitely agree I complained when it first popped up and flowers choked the life out of everything and name generation sucked terribly. But he has come a long way towers making it less of a grind and tweaking things so you can make interesting things with your mana. Only real complaint I have left is that runes can't be automated well because he is/was against most automation and cross interaction he doesn't do himself. So I want him to throw in a quick multi rune recipe (and a ducking replacement for the cake needed for winter! By far the most annoying ingredient for a rune)

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cicadalek posted:

I always end up using TC in packs like Hexxit/ OMP Sigma because it's a good way to get armor that can repair itself instead of just falling apart in one battle tower.

I feel like a lot of mods offer decent options for weapons, but armor is just vanilla armor with different values. What does an "endgame" armor setup look like in something like Sigma?

A bit late but the blood magic ultimate armour is very expensive but is ridiculous. You can customize it. My favorite is aside from invincibility and haste and speed and flying it also fine night vision and rapid plant growth. Feels great to go anywhere and have plants pop up to maturity

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Dunno-Lars posted:

EE3 isn't finished, is it? And never will be?

There is also the Aether mod but I don't know how well it's value s things these days and have never actually used it.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1293204-aethercraft-1-4-5-aetheral-alchemy-turn-matter

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Whats a current quest guided modpack? Been out for a while but feeling that itch.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Well, it has been over a page since I whored out Baby's First Space Race--which I might add autocompletes on my phone now--if you need a refresher on all the stuff out there.

Otherwise, there is a huge pile of questbook modpacks. It seems to be the hip way to go. Stuff like:

Blightfall
Journey to the Core
Regrowth
Agrarian Skies 3
Sky Factory

Ah shoot I meant something on 1.10.

Though now that I looked it up apparently Regrowth has hit 1.0 status? Last I played Thaumcraft had no quests. Though the idea of going through that sea-mods metal making process feels painful.

Do ME3 or ME4 hold up to the original?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

If anyone is interested with Better with Mods

Vazkii made a smallish modpack focused on a smooth progression of sorts called Proton

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Serifina posted:

It was mDiyo's account that was hacked. Boni's account remains secure. Also, only half the team was laid off - and this wouldn't have been caught even if they hadn't been. Most of the big mod authors are on auto-approval or nearly auto, as they're considered trusted. Vazkii demonstrated this earlier in the year. It is a bit disappointing that they haven't taken any steps about that yet.

Fortunately, the file isn't likely to do anything even if you did download it. Being accessed by Forge during game startup wouldn't activate it - the jar would need to be run by itself.

What did Vazkii do?

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I hate thinking about food and what I should/need/have to eat in general (yet I do it) so doing in a loving video game sounds like a nightmare.

I'm the fucker who would love a pill that has everything I needed so I don't have to eat unless I want to.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Do I have to cheat myself in a questbook for craft of the titans? I'm not seeing a way to get it and I did not start with one.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

if you don't want awful stupid mob interactions, it's curious as to why you'd install a pack apparently based on awful stupid mob interactions, but sure get defensive and shrill instead

Quests, I dislike the combat so much in Minecraft but I really enjoy the dopamine hit from completing quests. I actually removed animals cause it strayed too close to the lycan mobs thing.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

CoTT trivialised itself for me. One of the first loot bags I opened had a instant resource free tele wand. So the only entrance into my base is diagonal 1 block high tunnel that I use to teleport into and another one to teleport out from. (both made with reinforced stone). I think I'm deep enough into the mountain too that the mobs don't seem to dig or explode themselves to get to me.

Its real strange. Also the nether is a piece of poo poo with Ad infernium or whatever because mobs there just naseua you on sight which fucks me up too much to want to go back. I should figure out if I can disable that.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

xanthan posted:

Which mod in CotT is letting mobs attack through walls? A creeper that can not see me and has never seen me should not blow up and a zombie should not be able to hit me from behind a wall.

Dunno which it is, but mobs will definitely blow up or set TnT to blow up a single layer wall between you and them. It happened in my first world and in the second I just moved into a mountain first thing.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Actually how rare are diamonds in CotT? Am I supposed to be able to find them in the wild? Been veinmining giant chunks of stone away and still haven't found any diamonds at all.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

You guys are able to make crops in CotT?

Jei isn't showing a recipe and neither regular sticks not treated sticks makes em

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Verizian posted:

If you disable certain mods or add new ones it can make recipes not work.

Newest bug with cott is trying to shoot through a block with a ladder causes a crash to desktop that complains about opengl and one of the combat mods. Same thing happens when certain Infernal mobs shoot through grass with optifine installed.

I'd check my pc for the crashlog but I'm currently posting from mobile.

I've only done config changes to animalium spawns thats about it.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Also since it comes up a lot in regards to CotT: Why is Colossal Chests a bad mod? Genuine question since I haven't touched it yet -- should I just get the quest out of the way and not use it at all, or what?

It seems to cost a while lot for what skins to a large chest with no other improvements and requires a multi block structure to do so. Also no search function in the large ones you can make

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Currently if the Dota case works out how it seems to be going, having explicitly said others in that community could work on it, does not give up his rights to the work.

For those who don't follow/care about dota news.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/does-valve-really-own-dota-a-jury-will-decide/

tl;dr Basically, Eul (original dota modder) had a post saying that anyone could continue the original mod. Companies have created clones of Dota (mobile) and are using that original post as evidence that Dota is under a public license allowing anyone to use the property. Its going to go to a jury to decide.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Does SevTech dowsing rod (age 1) show Coal ore? I've found several surface samples yet it keeps saying "nothin to report"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Goon Danton posted:

It was the launcher for FTB which got acquired by Curse which got acquired by Twitch.

who got acquired by Amazon (at some point) all in all Microsoft owns Minecraft and Amazon distributes the modpacks!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Anyone remember what that underwater "seablock" map was called? I vaguely remember a few WIP pictures but the name escapes me. I wanted to see how it was progressing.

Also I just realized in a few months I will have been playing Minecraft on/off for 10 years :aaaaa:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Oh wow it was actually called seablock I feel like a fool! Thanks

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Whats the hot hosting service these days for modded minecraft? Looking to host some Heavens of Sorcery for like 5-8 people (usually <4 concurrent)

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Xun posted:

I ended up using a service called Heimsnet. They seem to be a pretty small time hosting company and their payment/ordering system is really lol (all on discord via bots) but they're cheap as hell, been pretty reliable uptime wise, and have responded very quickly when I had questions or needed something.

Really the only weird thing is the payment system. You buy credit and it's deducted monthly, it does mean you might have some leftover credits but I prefer it since it means I won't have to remember to cancel a subscription. And they haven't run off with my money yet :v:!

Thanks, currently we are running it off a friend's file server and it's found good enough for now, but if we do need to upgrade cause it's chugging I will take a look

Anyone got opinions on heaven's of sorcery? It's cool so far but man it loves it's 1% spawn chance things. Misty world is full of em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

egg tats posted:

I played a bit of havens of sorcery and it was really fun BUT I got to the point where you need to start exploring the misty world and couldn't figure out how to actually put filters into my mask, is that fixed/have a secret keybind I didn't know about?

Alt right click I believe with the mask in hand it's extremely unintuitive