Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

gonna have to try harder than that, homeboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
whether or not a thing matters is inversely correlated with whether or not Utnayan posts about it, hth

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Utnayan posted:

It isn't that they shouldn't have released that in game trailer in 2013, that is what they were developing before knowing what the Xbox one could handle and needed to go common denominator design. What they should have said after that was they were doing that, and while it will still run at faster frame rates and higher resolutions on high end pc's, do it expect volumetric effects, distance viewing, or the other five things that were cut. The developer in that articl makes it clear that they knew about this but didn't want to call attention to it. Why the gently caress not? The dev house is loved anyway and would have been loved even more had they been transparent about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9xeU-21WQM

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

HORMELCHILI posted:

Shut up you entitled babies your opinions are absolutely irrelevant. I know you feel like the video game industry owes you something because you've ruined your own life for it, but guess what, nobody owes you poo poo. You are either consuming a product or not consuming it, there is no discussion to be had there.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

lovely Wizard posted:

This post could be posted in literally any thread in games : it's vague and mentions nothing specifically.

Weird conspiracy poo poo would be thinking "Microsoft paid out 10 million dollars plus advertising so Witcher 3 would be downgraded to be the same on all platforms to make Xbone look better." People in here are posting about poo poo that clearly happened.

Mordiceius posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo.

You're loving stupid.

Stop posting.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Utnayan posted:

Are you serious right now? I do not care about 60 FPS as much as I care about fidelity and effects at 45 FPS. I would run this at 30 FPS if it meant I had the graphic fidelity of what was already played in 2013. The youtube was deleted. A developer was confronted in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E

He then goes on to say, as he jitters like nuts because he knows he shouldn't be talking about it (and says, hey guys, grass shouldn't be sharp that was a detriment)

Yes, had I known, I would have gotten this on PS4. It's the same drat game on both platforms, I gain nothing from buying on PC. My complaint is laziness! I do not want to hook up my PC to my theater and hook up audio for a better visual experience on my PC if I am not getting it. Why would I??? As I said I am not saying the game sucks, I cant wait to play it. My beef is with why they held back information on the PC version. Just loving admit they hosed up and move on already. Holy poo poo.

they didn't gently caress up, as evidenced by you giving them your money

also you're a loving weirdo, for real

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Just because you are happy with being ripped off doesn't mean I can't utilise my consumer rights, and aim for ethics into this business arrangement. Utnayan will probably get a month probation for saying what we're all thinking but someone has to take the stand.

actually not all of us are paranoid and autistic and we understand that there's no reason to get worked up about in engine footage from three years before release

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Badly Jester posted:

No, it's an incredibly important issue. It's about business ethics and children suffering from leukemia who lose their will to live because of game developers overpromising and underdelivering. It's also about whether we want the forum to be a base of operations for freethinking rebels or abandon it to corporate shills. Choose your side.

if i have to choose

id rather not choose at all

---Geralt of Rivia

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
it's really sad that we're counting down to launch because then we can play a game that we're excited about but utnayan and shrike and company are just counting down until their lovely posts are buried under a deluge of people posting about happily playing the game

sorry about your autism and sadness, guys :(

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've noticed that (on PC wired x360 controller) when I'm in the inventory holding LT to compare items, if I hit B to exit before releasing the trigger the game will freeze every single time. So Comte, you can put that one in the next patch I guess.

Otherwise holy poo poo this game owns so hard

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I can't decide how I feel about changing the way you get more potions. Not having to worry about hoarding materials for Swallow potions is swell, I guess. But not being able to make more without meditating feels odd to me. I mean, you only have to meditate an hour, but it still feels off, somehow.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I have played a bunch of gwent and never won a single god damned game. help :negative:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Man, the (contract spoiler) cockatrice does not gently caress around. :stare:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Nekkers and endregas drop so many mutagens, god drat. I've fought a few pack of them and have half a dozen of lesser mutagens of each color.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

GarethIW posted:

Did everyone else get a green (alchemy) mutagen from the White Orchard boss? I see a lot of people talking about putting points in other trees, but having an alchemy mutagen makes me want to start going down that path to make the mutagen worth it. If that mutagen is always the first one, it's kind of a clever move as I would probably never think about spending points in the alchemy tree otherwise :shrug:

Most of those boss mutagens can also be used for decoctions, I'm pretty sure they're static.

e:

PirateBob posted:

Running a i5 2500k and a gtx 660 and getting somewhat less than satisfying fps, no matter if settings are on Low or on Ultra... :confused: Would overclocking the CPU help noticably?

Do you have either Hairworks or HBAO turned on? Hairworks especially is a resource hog.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Who Dat posted:

So is the companion map app any good before I go and spend :4bux: ?

the what now?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

No Mods No Masters posted:

One tip I saw on Kotaku but haven't had the guts to follow up on myself is that if you drop items on the ground they never go away. If that's true you can just pick a signpost as your stash and drop everything there to unfuck your inventory. Pretty clunky but supposedly it works so far as the writer could discern.

I have, several times had the game crash in inventory not long after picking up something cool. I mentioned it earlier, it's when I'm holding down LT to examine and press B to exit before letting off the trigger. If the game had just saved at a checkpoint and loot was on the ground, that loot would be gone when I reloaded. So like, kill a big monster, pick up the trophy, go into inventory to inspect it, crash, reload post kill checkpoint auto save, loot is disappeared forever. So take that kotaku advice with a grain of salt.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
It doesn't use an alcohol per depleted thing. It uses one to refill everything.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

queeb posted:

Anyone seen any performance gains with the patch?

The opposite. I was at a pretty steady 45 fps on high settings with a gtx760 and i5-4570 before the patch, I'm generally below 30 now. I also had windows notify me that I was running out of my 8gb of RAM after about 20 minutes of playing, which has never happened before.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Lord Lambeth posted:

Do oils just last until you next meditate? I don't know how long before a fight I should apply this stuff.

Reccommended levels for quests are just that, recommendations. It seems like you can tackle whatever quest whenever you want. If you're struggling, you can either reload a save from earlier or just book it out of there.

Orv posted:

Far as I can tell, yeah.

They're actually a fixed number of hits, typically 20. If you highlight the weapon once it's oiled you'll see the remaining/total charges listed on it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

cheesetriangles posted:

:laffo: if your geralt isn't a loving addict smoking rocks

what armor is that and where do I find it

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

cheesetriangles posted:

It's the Ursine witcher armor. All of it is found on Skellige.

Aww, that's a heavy armor, isn't it?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Harrow posted:

Do decoctions refill using Alcohest like potions and bombs do? I'm guessing yes, but I haven't drank it yet because if not, I want to save it for when it matters.

They absolutely do, but the toxicity from a decoction won't go away while the effect is active. So you're at 80/100 or whatever for ~30 minutes.

e: should have just gone to the next page

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Autonomous Monster posted:

The keys are on the bandit leaders you kill.

I've never been able to find any of the guys after I rescue them, though.

They show up as merchants in towns, they'll greet you with "the savior returns!" or something similar. One showed up as a barber in some poo poo hole I was passing through in Velen!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Are there more scavenger hunt quests for the upgrade schematics to the different witcher school armors?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Turds in magma posted:

how much are people using Dodge, as opposed to just rolling? I'm on a keyboard, and I haven't really figured out an optimal set of key-binds yet.

Also, stamina doesn't regenerate for the duration of the rolling animation, while dodging doesn't interrupt it.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Pole of Mars posted:

How exactly do you get the Frenzy skill to trigger in the alchemy tree? I can't make it work.

Does it only work on humans who blocks your attacks and counter them?

(yes, my toxicity is above 0)

Is that the slowdown one? It only triggers from the counterattacks, like when you hit a wyvern or griffin and they cover themselves with their wings then snap at you quickly. It's really pronounced when it happens; I've seen it with big hybrids, draconids, elementals, and some of the more robust necrophages.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
this downgrade is just a mess:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ9zjVN_3qs

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Ravenfood posted:

Alchemy is very worth it even if you don't invest in the skill trees for it. That is also worth it, by the way, but so far all the skill trees seem to be pretty good.

Decoctions are where it's at, combined with the talents that increase your toxicity ceiling based on how many recipes you own. I've got a decoction that gives me health on hit, one that increases my maximum health with each kill, and one that gives me damage resistance every time I take damage. There's a ton of other ones too that give awesome and powerful combat advantages, alchemy owns.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
A bookie named Claytop just asked me throw a fight against Georgious George, and then told me I'd regret it when I told him to kiss my rear end. I got a laugh at the reference when it clicked for me.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jack2142 posted:

wait where is that Snatch is one of my favorite movies...

One of the taverns in Novigrad, for the fistfighting quests.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This thread is full of neocons.

Hey man, I'm a legit bleeding heart liberal IRL; but the Northern Kingdoms are a nightmare shithole full of horrible horrible poo poo people. They need to be obliterated and rebuilt from a place of order and strength so that something even greater can grow from that. And given that (ending spoilers) Ciri can end up Empress, I think that might be able to actually happen one day.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

You are the worst liberal.

i think the same thing about texas and mississippi

e: REALTALK though. It says so much about the quality of the writing in this game that we can have this hyperbolic discussion. It doesn't matter who comes out on top, everyone has suffered, everyone will continue to suffer, and life will still be the worst nightmare ever for the peasants, for the rest of their lives. Geralt can not make things better. He might be able to save a life, but how many have to die for them to live now, and how many more will die because they lived? He might be able to slay a monster, but what about the person who loved that monster when they were human? He might be able to pave the road for someone to take a throne, but what horrors will the wreak on their subjects to consolidate their power? It is legit good poo poo, and I'm super impressed with what you guys have made.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 20:46 on May 26, 2015

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Bort Bortles posted:

In some of the letters I have read (I think the one to the Bloody Baron for sure) they are signed by a Nilfgaardian who is in command of their "Army Group Center" which is a Nazi Germany thing (they not the only ones to ever use the term, but definitely the most well known), so I have to wonder...

I think it was Army Center Group Command; the Nilfgaardian invasion is three pronged and the arm in the Velen region was the "Center" group. It's also a location you can go it, in the SE of the map; it even has a notice board.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Begemot posted:

Yeah, there are a few merchants that carry one, but they restock and the master alchemist carries 5, so it's not even limited. They're just a little expensive, 1000 crowns each.

How often do they re-stock?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
How are people eating food or re-applying oils in combat? When I try to use an oil from inventory in combat it says "cannot do this during combat", same with food whether it's hotkeyed to the D-Pad on my controller or I try to use it out of my inventory.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Pyromancer posted:

You can do it in combat too by opening inventory and drag&droping the oil to the sword

That feels like an oversight to me. I don't think that's working as intended.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I don't know why everyone has so much trouble with the dodging. When I hop dodge sideways right as the attacker's health bar flashes red the combat log shows "<attacker> hits Geralt for 0", without the "no damage during dodges (presumable for rolling?)" ability equipped. Basically, when I get surrounded by Nekkers or Drowners or other fast things I hop dodge until I'm on the periphery of the group, roll dodge away, then drop Yrden to slow them as they come at me. Then I dodge to the side as the nearest one leaps to attack, cut it down in the air, and keep dancing sideways along the outside of the Yrden cutting poo poo up.:shrug:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

mcbexx posted:

Axii.

Edit: Goddamnit. Read all posts first.

Question regarding "A deadly plot" - Dijkstras quest to help assassinate Radovid after you hunt down his treasure.

I searched and found the cobbler (Thaler), but now the questline has disappeared from my log/is listed as completed (with no optional failure marks).

That's it? Huh?

And how many trolls am I forced to kill to get a single troll mutagen for the decoction?
I mean, there are a couple that are really hard to spare, but I think I killed at least 6 trolls by know (yeah I know, I am the monster), no mutagen.

There's a monster nest on the coast of the Pontar, south of Novigrad. It's full of Nekkars, and a single Rabid Troll that I got my troll mutagen from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Where does the Temerian armor show up in game?