Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Looks good to me if you click next once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

tithin posted:

W3 Thread: Witcher 3 5/5 -Orv, You can't fight it embrace the cool 3D glistening phallus

Don't forget the Nvidia Hairworks.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

Clearly we need to find the woman responsible for this and ruin her life.

Her name is Yennefer and we barely knew her.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

VanillaGorilla posted:

Back to on-topic discussion:

So most of the coverage has pointed to two large-scale explorable "zones" after White Orchard: the Skellige Isles, and No Man's Land. I think Comte hinted that there was a third large area that hadn't been showcased yet that he didn't want to spoil - do we have any idea what that is yet? Some other thread on NeoGAF linked to a video that showed that the map for Kaer Morhen looked like it was somewhere close to the size of W.O. Is that the third area? Or is it something that we haven't seen at all yet?

Well with respect to the third area: Kaer Morhen is totally in the game and explorable. There also one other area that was shown in a screenshot that Comte was surprised they put up. Here's a link to the screenshot. It looks like another world/dimension.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Inkel posted:

If you're interested in watching an English PC-version stream, CohhCarnage is just going live right now on twitch. I'm assuming he'll be running all Ultra since he has a dual 980 rig.

e: link http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

Tattoo made it guys.

GOTY

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Archimago posted:

:siren: Did anyone get a screenshot of said tattoo in the wild? :siren:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Man, loving streamers already have this game. Totally serious about the embargo this time :(

Streamers are the new advertisers. Same thing happened with Pillars of Eternity.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

What is that horrible fisheye effect on cohh's stream? Is that the motion blur or from messing around with FOV?

This fisheye effect is witcher vision which replaces that "touch medallion, and an orange shockwave makes everything near you orange if you can pick it up" ability from the second game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Anyone else having weird stutters during the cgi cutscene at the opening and then those stationary card cutscenes. Not sure what could be causing that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

explosivo posted:

Looks like those cutscenes might be pre-rendered, it dropped down to 28fps for me as soon as that scene from the tutorial started.

Oh, I remember having some minor issues with that stuff and MGR:Revengeance too. At least it picks back up afterwords. Sometimes Revengeance would just stay at 24ish fps for some people. Oh well.

e: Also noticed some random stutters on mostly high/ultra on my gtx 970 with hbao+ on but hairworks off. Going to just drop to high/medium foliage distance and see how things work.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Hey Comte. PS4 version (not my video) has a weird graphics bug that sometimes shows up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq-s8toFCKA&feature=youtu.be

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rhaegar posted:

Could someone tell me what version I should see when I launch the game to know that the patch is installed? Thanks.

1.02 is the latest version (even though the patch says it's version 1.01 on gog's website)

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

Is there a reason to import a real Witcher 2 save instead of simulating the choices you made? I'm not really in the mood to comb through all of my Witcher 2 saves to find which one I want to actually import unless there are some special items or something you get for doing so.

Importing is the only way to get the tattoo. Beyond that I think there's a few other things the simulation just skips over that importing saves does not skip.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Graphical stuff like that doesn't bother me at all and I'm happy as long as the game is pleasing to the eyes, and I still think you're wierd for caring so much about tiny numbers that vanish in literally one second.

EDIT: Does it look like we'll be able to completely ignore alchemy/crafting in this like we could in 1 and 2? Not to say I won't try because the system is definitely less terrible now, but I'd like to know if I can just say gently caress it if I get annoyed.

You can probably ignore alchemy on the lower difficulties but if it's anything like the other games alchemy really helps/is necessary on the higher difficulties.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

turtlecrunch posted:

Also was Ciri ever mentioned in the first two games? I feel she is like The Key in Buffy. Hello sister daughter! :v:

A Cirilla was mentioned by an inn keeper in the first game. Other than that, no mention of her in the games.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

GOG release finally can be upgraded to 1.02 nerds

It was always at 1.02. They just had been calling it 1.01 for some reason on gog's website.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

GrossMurpel posted:

The new patch is 1207 KB larger :tinfoil:

Then I dunno wtf. I was at 1.02 the entire time or at least it said I was at 1.02.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Same card, no crashes here.

Do either of you have any overclocking applied?

Also same card and no crashes so far, haven't been able to play much though. I'm on an i5-3550. GPU is an Asus Strix GTX 970 with a slight factory OC.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

So about that bovine defense force.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

hearing igni is nerfed now and you can't stunlock guys anymore, death march might get more interesting now i suppose.

Guess the revenge of the ignipocalypse is over. It had a good run.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Looks like the werewolf is unkillable on skellig's most wanted as of patch 1.07.

Sure that'll get fixed eventually.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Geralt should have just stayed with Shani anyways.

Well speaking of Shani and that new expansion. A few pictures popped up and she's back.

Larger versions are over on the promo page for the expansion.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

ThePutty posted:

is the witcher 2 poorly optimised or something? i'm playing this for the first time and i'm only getting about 30-40 FPS despite my PC that's probably good enough to run the witcher 3 on decent settings.

i'm running on windows 10 64 bit with an asus x99-a, 16GB of ram, msi 980 Ti, i7-5820K @ 3.3 GHZ and despite any settings, i can't really get a great framerate at all. i've turned off cinematic DOF because that tanked FPS, as well as increasing the limit of vram memory in the user config to 5000, but it hasn't had a massive effect.

That's weird you really Shouldn't be having any issues. Turn off ubersampling if that's on for some reason and also what resolution are you playing it at?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Senjuro posted:

• FIxes assorted graphics glitches, including, but not limited to, two instances of Roach appearing simultaneously, NPCs appearing to lack hands, dead bodies flying off after a foe is decapitated, and others.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

Worst patch ever.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Oh jeez the patch is 17 GB on gog galaxy too.

edit: though it might hop 6 or 7 GB automatically since it's only 10.3GB on gog itself.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah that's what I'm assuming too. I Should probably grab the season pass since I intend on playing it since Shani shows up. It'll be ahwile though since I'm only 13ish hours in/probably restarting since I forgot how to play the game over the 4 months I wasn't really able to go back to the game.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Dongattack posted:

Not really what i was asking, but good enough i guess.

They added a slider for hairworks AA and a couple other of the settings at ultra weren't turning on right at launch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

RatHat posted:

How'd they nerf Firestream? Just lower burn chance so it can't stunlock anymore?

Part that, part at most you're going to stunlock for 2 seconds. Regular Igni can stunlock more than alt Igni if you're in the griffin set and have that talent.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Exact same problem here

It's a bug. I couldn't find the second crystal and had to console command it into my inventory.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Both sounds right.

DLC that Olgierd fight while the house burns was hard as gently caress. Having to do the fight a second time because it crashed on the cutscene immediately after the fight sucked though. Wish I knew why the game suddenly likes to crash during cutscenes randomly but it doesn't happen often enough at least.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I've been having the same crashes actually, no idea how to fix it.

Well in my case rebooting the pc has helped. I don't know if it started due to new nvidia drivers, the Windows 10 upgrade without a clean install, the new ram that I can't check with memtest because it won't detect my usb stick or something else. Running the dx installer and vcredist stuff again helped for a couple days but that may have been a placebo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Russad posted:

Is this on gog Galaxy? Someone earlier mentioned the galaxy overlay being the culprit. I had a bunch of crashing issues until I went in galaxy's settings and disabled the overlay. Haven't had a CTD since.

Yeah it is on gog galaxy. I'll try disabling the overlay and see what happens.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Optimus Subprime posted:

The gog galaxy overlay is bugged and will crash your game, especially when talking to npcs. Once I turned it off, my game became stable as a table. It also made my game run a bit smoother.

Yeah that did the trick for me too. Thanks guys.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

I decided to hold off on this game until I upgraded my 550 Ti. Turns out games can look good. :shepface:

Anyway, is there anything super necessary skillwise? The lack of respec always makes me paranoid.

There's a respec option. The potion costs 1000 gold so you won't be respeccing until later on when you're rolling in crowns but it's an option.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Lord Tywin posted:

So I just bought Hearts of stone and figured that I would use my old save, however when I try to talk to the runewright the game just crashes. Are there any known problems with using old saves for hearts of stone?

Are you on gog? If so uninstall the gog galaxy overlay DLC. That one can cause crashes when you're in any conversation randomly.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Pierson posted:

If I just arrived at Kaer Moren how far from the end am I? Not that I'm eager to finish at all, game has been fantastic, but XCOM 2 is next week and I'd like to at least finish the main story before aliens suck away my gaming time.

You're probably halfway through act 2. So like 1/2 or 5/8ths of the way through the main story. Close to 2/3rds through with the game if you did all the sidequests though.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

For whatever reason I'm drawing a blank on the guy with the long beard above Geralt to the left of Gaunter O'Dimm and to the right of Eskel.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Unless you play Total War games, hah.

Total War Games and XCOM 2

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

It's supposed to be Tuesday, but maybe CD Projekt will release it early?

They seem to have already done it for consoles.

Seems like it's Tuesday midnight, in Poland or something. (Bucharest I guess actually so not quite Poland). It'll be out at 5pm EST tomorrow roughly.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

blood and wine release time got moved back a couple hours/I can't tell time. It now comes out at 7 pm EST.