Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Reprisal posted:

I like Khedira and this seems great for Juve, too.

He's poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

No way he goes to MLS if he wants to play in the Euros next year. He's still good enough, but I don't know if he was planning on it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol a 39 year old was this seasons top scorer in Italy and your wondering why the MLS buys players who are old?

It's good because it was both Toni and Icardi, a 39 and 22 year old.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

Yes in the most defensive league on earth

actually

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/1024-goals--serie-a-was-the-highest-scoring-league-in-europe-this-season-090941358.html

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Parody Threads posted:

I think he's referring to the league's fans tbf

the hits just keep on coming

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Wanda said ok: Icardi stays with Inter til 2019

https://twitter.com/inter/status/606212201196752897

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

If AC Milan get Jackson Martinez and Inter get Cuadrado its going to be a very interesting season in Italy and the quality of the league and level of competition will definetly be higher.

That Shaqiri-Icardi-Cuadrado frontline is gonna be really interesting.

Mancini doesn't play Shaqiri in the front. Shame on you of all people for not remembering Guarin.

Is Palacio's contract up? I think he could still do a job at Inter. He scored a few this year.

The Martinez to Milan bit is because Galliani was at Porto to talk about Brahimi and Martinez happens to be there and sort of available. All signs point to Valencia, in my opinion.

Jose posted:

there is no chance milan would spend that much money

This, even with the Bee money, which is probably not even real, it's just out of the question.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dinho's manager in Mexico has apparently sidelined him and his agent is looking at MLS.

I'd love to see him wreck literally every player in America at 35 years old. He could drag whatever garbage team from the middle of nowhere to a title singlehandedly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

Apparently Taarabt is coming to Benfica. Not too pleased.

I don't remember what the state of the current managerial circus in Portugal is, but I think he could do well. He needs motivation is all, and if the manager can provide that, then Benfica being in several trophy fights as usual will do the rest.

He was solid for Milan, I would've loved to keep him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Didn't Inter sell Coutinho because he was broken all the time? Hardly the same situation imo

Wasn't it Mancini then as well?

trem_two posted:

Yeah the similarities of the situation are uncanny.

It's crazy, I hope it works out just as well for inter :troll:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Spangly A posted:

Wasn't it Benitez then Strama? I remember Benitez used Coutinho and that french kid who ended up at Parma, and they were loving dire because Milito had finally lost it.

vyelkin posted:

I think Mancini was still at Man City then, it was a few seasons ago by this point.

You guys are right, wishful thinking. And spangly, you're thinking of Biabiany who is poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Gignac's signing will be announced tomorrow by... Mexican club Tigres? Apparently this is really happening.

Wtf

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Insanely Sikh posted:

Have we signed Kovacic yet? And Serie A watchers wanna weigh in, besides TyChan?

He's good, Mancini would be a fool to sell him but if he does it'll be expensive.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Insanely Sikh posted:

I don't see where he's meant to play given Coutinho plays in midfield as well but whatever dawg I'm excited

He can play as a forward as well, but that's wasting his talent I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Borini was one of Brendan Rodgers' favored youth players before Rodgers found a new wife and new teeth. I can't blame him that much for thinking he might be able to play his way back into favor the way Henderson did and especially when Rodgers was flailing around due to a supposed lack of striking options.

I hope he finds a good, less racist club with CL prospects. Like Lazio.

Since Zaza is going back to Juve I bet he could find plenty of space at Sassuolo or Empoli for that matter. Don't know what his wages are like though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

And in non-done deal fanfic posting, after it looked like Milan had deals locked up for both Jackson Martinez and Kondogbia, it's being reported that Kondogbia to Inter is basically done and Martinez is headed to Atletico to replace Mandzukic.

Came to post this, I am fuming. Galliani's pussy footing around has cost Milan what would've been 2 great transfers. The Martinez one I can understand but Milan's unwillingness to spend a bit more cost us Kondogbia. Inter is in no better of a position league and competition wise so it's down to cash.

Supposedly De Jong is staying so that might lessen it a bit but as soon as someone puts in a reasonable wage offer I bet he's out too. I'm mad. I'm mad as hell.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Can't blame him, really.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Galliani: “If we save €40m on Geoffrey Kondogbia and €35m on Jackson Martinez, we’ll have another €75m to spend wisely over the rest of the transfer window".

:shepicide:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Starsnostars posted:

Southampton have signed Maarten Stekelenburg on a season long loan. I don't remember him being great the few times I've seen him play but I know he'll be better than Gazzaniga.

He was a garbageman at Roma and then he disappeared RIP

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

rats off to ya posted:

So Juve now have Morata, Llorente, Mandzukic, Dybala & Tevez. Tevez will be off but which one of Morata/Llorente will leave?

Llorente almost certainly unless RM want Morata back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Vegetable posted:

He's only deputizing for Neymar. Not in their first team.

He started against Colombia while Neymar was in the team; he's firmly their first choice, and like in the World Cup, their first choice was a garbageman.

Watch the next copa America match, you'll see how bad he is. Maybe he's good for his club side but he looks poo poo for brazil.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Big Taff Man posted:

Can I just say now I hope Milan sign no one this window as I enjoy gg doing the face

I have been doing the face for so long that it's stuck this way and now it's just my face.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The only side that's mentioned Balotelli is Sampdoria but their president is a lunatic anyway and this was months ago.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

I was hoping Sampdoria would buy him, but then Mihajlovic left and it stopped being funny.

Think there would have been a pretty good chance of Mihajlovic punching Balotelli.

Well, when Liverpool haven't managed to offload him by the last 12 hours of the transfer window there's always the chance of a Galliani desperation signing. It could yet happen.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Did Juve ever officially acknowledge that Zaza is coming over?

Also I hope something as ridiculous as the Viviano situation happens again. I want another staffer to forget to add a zero to the bid or submit one the day after.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Eto'o is off to Antalyaspor for €1m.

How much did Samp pay for him? Was it free?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

All co-ownership deals in Italy have to be resolved by tomorrow, any that are not resolved will "go to the envelopes", a blind bid between the two clubs where the higher bid gets the Roma bold text here bought out Genoa's half of Andrea Bertolacci for €8.5m, and not bold text yet paid €20m to Cagliari for their half of Nainggolan plus Ibarbo. If that Nainggolan/Ibarbo fee is correct, that's a solid deal for Roma. Juve also reportedly bought out Sassuolo's half of Berardi, and agreed to send him back on loan at Sassuolo next season, no surprises there.

Nainggolan is fully Roma's for 12 million or so (excluding bonuses) and Roma will also get Ibarbo on loan with an understanding that he will be bought for 6 million plus bonuses at the end of the season. Pretty great deal for Roma and plenty of money for Cagliari to rebuild. Astori is also returning to Cagliari and will almost certainly be sold, so I expect them to have the most money of any team in B this year for transfers. Anything less than an auto promotion next season would be disappointing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Weaponized Cum posted:

can we got back to failminho for a second. the guy is garbage, 30 million quid for the clown? ahahahaha. he couldnt even score against an open goal last week. he's going to fit right in.

I've seen two matches featuring him which is more than almost anyone posting about him, and I agree.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Skip My Posts posted:

No you haven't

Listen I don't read the football manager thread but I bet it's in there somewhere

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

One of Boca's front office guys said that they'll have a press conference to present Tevez on July 7. Transfer fee is €5m plus an 18 year old striker on loan to Juve, and Juve get right of first refusal on some other Boca youth players.

I wonder who's gonna take Osvaldo off of them.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sassuolo has bought out Juventus's half of Berardi for 10 million. However, Juventus inserted a clause in the deal that allows them to buy him next year for 16 million. Clever, if a bit wasteful.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Troy Queef posted:

If anybody was wanting their team to sign Gonzalo Higuain, well his release clause got announced: €95 million.

De Laurentiis: "Im going to make Napoli all Italian"

*puts a 95 million euro price on an Argentinian"

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Nigel De Jong signed a 3 year contract extension with Milan. According to Mediaset (owned by Berlusconi) Milan have also struck a deal to buy Bertolacci from Roma for €20m, he just moved to Roma from Genoa this week after his co-ownership deal was resolved.

Cool and good, though that seems overpriced for Bertolacci.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Machinegunboyo posted:

Not quite a done deal? Mods

Eh, it's on the club website, will let this one slide.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

kcer posted:

Yeah by all accounts he wasn't great at Milan last season. GD probably knows.

He was better than Essien and Muntari, who inexplicably started ahead of him until they were both injured, but I think anyone would have been. He was ok, not great. Whoever said that he can play anywhere in midfield but excels nowhere was right.

trem_two posted:

Gervinho's move to Al Jazira is now off, because he was demanding that the club provide him a helicopter and a private beach

Can't blame him for asking.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bea Nanner posted:

Muntari's contract has been terminated by mutual consent. Not sure when I last saw a player end their contract that way.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33325632

:getin:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shaqiri was bad for Inter but so was everyone else on that team. Hard to blame him individually. You can probably blame Podolski though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

ffs Inter is getting some good players, luckily Mancini is still the manager.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Some of the clubs have already started. I would assume the clubs with early Euro commitments are days away.

I think west ham already played a match, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

He's going to absolutely clown the MLS. It'll be great.

Someone competent has to be at the end of those passes, unfortunately.

• Locked thread