Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Holy poo poo that effect is loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sekkira posted:

You could just use "Bro"

Agreed, gently caress aniki

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I take it back, gently caress aniki AND bro.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Seriously though, who the hell is Gokuraku-kun?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I think a shitload of people are going to complain about the overall lack of focus through much of part 4. I love the part, but it's way more wandering and aimless than anything JoJo before it (and after it, mostly) and I can easily see people getting turned off by that and bailing.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

SkeletonHero posted:

The best way to do Rolling Stones would be to break it up into small pieces and spread it throughout the series.

This would probably be best - then it has the nice reveal of the whole point of it at the end, and would be good for padding out some fights that don’t fit into the episode structure particularly neatly - could definitely help with the pace of each fight as well, as instead of needing to stretch some things out, they can just throw in a bit of the Rolling Stones.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Endorph posted:

if you make a timeline image be sure to have random panels from akagi vs washizu floating around from every point after it starts

As someone who knows almost nothing about Akagi, I'm guessing this match up is still going to this day?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
While rereading Steel Ball Run, I'm trying to parse the (near of part 7 spoilers) who shot Johnny Joestar section. I realize this is probably an exercise in frustration, but still.

This is my best shot at making this clusterfuck make sense, with knowing how D4C works in hindsight:

We'll say Universe A is the World Where Everything Is Based, and all other universes are just arbitrary lettering designations for the sake of keeping track of things.
Valentine from Universe A gets into the flag in order to gently caress with Diego A. Valentine B hides in the American Flag so that he can ambush Wekapipo B. Valentine C enters Universe A and approaches Gyro, distracting Johnny before slipping behind a tree into some other universe.

Valentine D gets between Johnny and Gyro's horses to move to Universe A, where he comes out and shoots Johnny.

We cut to Wekapipo chapters, but we don't know that this is actually Universe B. Wekapipo B gets attacked by Valentine B from behind the flag - we see D4C during this encounter, so we know it was in fact Valentine who pounced on him. Wekapipo B shoots at Valentine B, who brings him to Universe C, where he shoots Johnny C. We see Wekapipo move away towards the horses and flag where various Valentines are hiding, and he slams his back to the wall. During this time, he is moved to Universe A, but we don't know it happens.

Meanwhile, Diego A sees Wekapipo A point a gun at him, and pounces. They struggle in the flag as they fall, and Diego A shoots and kills Wekapipo A - WE SEE THIS HAPPEN. As the confusion settles down, Valentine A removes Wekapipo A's corpse, leading Diego A to believe HE shot and killed Johnny. As this happens, Wekapipo B is moved to Universe A (we hear both of his shoes clack at once on the ground), leading Diego A to further believe it was actually Johnny that he shot. Diego A has the corpse part and thinks he shot Johnny, whereas Wekapipo B is now in Universe A, having actually shot the wrong Johnny and never saw Diego A around Johnny at all.

Finally, Valentine mixes up all the children from the various universe so that they add to the confusion.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I asked my friend who knows a decent amount of japanese to take a crack at the tweet to see if any details are revealed:

quote:

[Tomorrow's deadline] For the October 24th conference special event, ticket deadline is 7/10, 6pm. 1 Blue-ray and DVD is enclosed (or per person, this one was hard and could go different ways). Everyone, please don't forget.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Prison Warden posted:

So I thought Valentine had lost some weight, but I figured it must be my imagination... then there is this panel where Valentine is walking away from Lucy and Araki draws attention to the loud clacking noise his shoes make on the floor, and I remember that Scarlet says that the reason she fell in love with him was because he never made a single sound when he walked anywhere, no matter what. Something is definitely up here. All in all, I think the movement to a monthly format, and another magazine I guess, is good because this kind of subtle thing just isn't something you often see in normal shounen without a character specifically calling it out to make sure you notice.

Yeah the dude just took off his shirt and he's totally cut. I'd have said it's the corpse parts, but this very scene established he's keeping them in the next room. I guess it could be an impostor? That'd be a nice parallel, with Lucy doing the same thing, but that doesn't explain why the old fat Valentine had the same goal. Gah.

poo poo’s about to get very real. It’s all a loving roller coaster ride from here on out. Enjoy. :getin:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
When Part 3 anime was ending, my friend decided to wait until it was done to binge watch all of the episodes within DIO’s mansion all at once - basically everything after Pet Shop, since all those fights afterwards blend into one another and kind of constitute the finale of the part. They were also super duper pumped at the idea that the DIO fight was four whole episodes. I then decided to look into how long each of the rest of the parts’ final fights would be, using the page counts as reference. (Spoilering since this is about the section Prison Warden is reading right now) From the first D4C chapter to the end of SBR, it’s just about the exact same length as the entirety of Battle Tendency. Imagine my friend’s surprise when i broke it to them that the finale fight of SBR would probably take about twelve loving episodes.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Or you could just not skip any parts because it's not a race and you don't need to burn through JoJo as fast as possible.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I thought Diego's joke made more sense than most of gyro's. At least the translators changed the joke to help it make sense: the snakes were assssssleep!

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Beef Chief posted:

It looks really flaccid and like it's impossible to keep anybody out of your face. He also probably moves the worst of any character in the game so it really feels like there's no reason you shouldn't be able to just trounce him once you get near him.

It seemed like N'Doul had some kind of counter move that knocked Kars down / away form him - and that Geb had some kind of move that instantly returned him in front of N'Doul. It was a bit hard to tell, but I'd wager that if someone is getting in your face you can use those tools to help give yourself some breathing room - but who knows how well those will work if someone is super determined to stay up in your grill.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I must be dumb cuts I played the demo at a friends’ place and neither of us could figure out how to go Ultimate Kars. What buttons do I press to turn into a beautiful bird tentacle squirrel vampire?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
How many pages into jojolion are we? That’s probably the most accurate way to tell how far into it we are, compared to other parts.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Bad Seafood posted:

SBR was 24 volumes, Jojolion is currently on its 11th or 12th.

Are all the volumes roughly the same page count?

I figured that'd be the best metric for gauging the length instead of chapters, since didn't SBR change from weekly to monthly partway through? Or was that Stone Ocean?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Or we could just say it’s JoJo so who care’s let’s just roll with it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
New chapter is up

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh, didn't expect the fight to end that quickly

Yeah, we only just found out what the ball does, and now the user is gone. Araki is really burning through bad guys FAST in jojolion. I wonder if maybe he got tired of sitting on the same bad guy for half a year? I hope this doesn't negatively effect the pacing when reading Part 8 through once it's finished, don't want fight fatigue to set in - although we do get enough of Gappy being a weirdo that I don't think it'll have that problem.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm almost wondering if rock humans have some way of reviving, and we'll be seeing all these enemies again? The twins' powers were really cool and had some creative potential, seems like a shame to murder them off so fast.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Erg posted:

I don't think I really got what their power was. Transferring objects through their body?

Thing 1 could transfer anything he touched with his left hand out to his right. He also seemed to have some amount of control over it, like how he wrapped up Josuke with the steel wire. Thing 2's stand seemed to just be a ball with poison gas in it which is a little boring. But it's JoJo, Araki could get creative with it burning through things or hiding in various places or whatever, since it seemed the rock guy had a decent amount of control over it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm more waiting to see some Part 6 characters. I know we'll get Jolyne and Pucci because of course, but I'd like to see FF and Weather showing up. And of course more SBR people, but at the very least we get Diego.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm just curious about how you'd meaningfully differentiate DIO and Diego 2.0. I guess Diego would be more mobility based and DIO more for fighting?

Diego appears to have his horse, he's probably a mix of regular Diego and DIO.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

I'm not sure how no horse Johnny will work in an arena game like this.

I can see Johnny working off the horse with lots of ranged stuff with his fingernails and holes. Probably will be able to control the moving holes to teleport around the arena or shoot from weird angles from a long distance. And, of course, to have Tusk IV come out and CHUMIMIIIIIIIII from far away. Basically, another long-range stand style person like how N'Doul and Narancia seem to control.

Although, it does mention that you move through Acts as the battle goes on, so maybe he starts off as a fairly close-range character, then gets more and more long-range utilities as the battle goes on and Tusk evolves. Might be interesting?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I assumed most of the people reading it had already read the manga, the real attraction is her fairly in-depth visual and thematic analysis and the anime's announcement doesn't really alter that

This. I love reading the analysis of the story and page composition. I really hope if it's not cool to host in the thread, that she keeps it up on her blog.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm probably the only person who actually is looking forward to EoH and thinks that the newest demo was actually pretty fun. Getting pumped watching the character vids.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Wasn't DIO responsible for Josuke getting Crazy Diamond? Since he got his stand along with the rest of the joestars.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Okay drat, Pucci looks really rad. I was a little hesitant about them splitting him into two, but it seems worth it to flesh both of them out.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
While the lack of shirtless valentine is a crime against nature, both Valentine and Weather seem like they’re super cool to play. So many of the characters actually seem really unique and fun, I’m surprised they included the seemingly most boring ones in the demos.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qTKeU-Us40

>You can set yourself on fire to buff damage
Jolyne is THE BEST

Having a designated button to spiderman around the arena is fantastic

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Is it just me, or does DIO have his Pucci pajama party costume in Eyes of Heaven?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suOIAY_6vZ4

Buncha new Eyes of Heaven character trailers. Joshuu looks cool, and he has some kind of powerup thing that causes some kind of ripple around him? But I can't for the life of me puzzle out what it does.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
After sifting through the comments on the youtube video (ugh) apparently it makes enemies attack you. Kind of a cool gimmick, could be useful for setting up combos if you get the timing down.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Death Bot posted:

I only had time to watch the first vid, but a lot of these feel a little too short, and feel more like 1-2 punches than combos

Wasn’t one of the big complaints about ASB that the specials took way too long? They probably wanted to keep things pretty brief.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Could have time effect specific areas / people. If you leave a designated area, you reset to the point in time where you entered it? I dunno there’s probably plenty of creative poo poo that can still be done.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Well this is a new derail.

When's new Jojolion?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

setafd posted:

pretty interesting that so many of us are in the 20-25 range

I got moon moon.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm still holding out the faint glimmer of hope that English EoH will have local coop. That's all I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Prince also died at Praisley Park. COINCIDENCE? :tinfoil: