Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Do we know enough stuff about part 8 to have a real description in the OP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Kabanaw posted:

Josuke's super heading Johnny's legs just so he can break them again is probably my favorite thing from all star battle.

I didn't know what you were talking about till I looked it up, so here it is for anyone curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4VR86Os4wo

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Would Cars be able to turn himself/parts of himself/adopt aspects of rods?
And actually there's an excuse for him not developing stands: he's the pinnacle of evolution on Earth, stand microbes come from space. But then of course there's the people born with stands, who who developed them naturally out of a passion, like cooking, drawing, and drinking your own piss tai chi.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Imagine Gappy on the edge of a cliff.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Pomp posted:

I have opinions about this question but to go deeper would spoil some stuff that happens with stands later on in the series.
Pomp you never said what you meant about this. What are your thoughts on stand sex/masturbation?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Kabanaw posted:

IIRC every time I've seen it it's been Star Platinum's The World, like the ability to stop time is called The World and Star Platinum is able to do it.

That's like if ZZ transformed a car by saying "Wheel of Fortune: Strength!"

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

T.G. Xarbala posted:

When you kill The Boss you become Big Boss.

Jotaro won because he mastered the basics of ORA

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

BaDandy posted:

I hope these edits never stop.

Could someone get the original version of this and replace Joseph with the running fat girl in the yellow jacket?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

BaDandy posted:

Same. Dio interacting with modern technology and absolutely loving it always appealed to me. Imagine him riding on a plane for the first time.

I have a friend who's trying to get further into JoJo but the only thing that's stopping him is all the toilet humor because he reacts really badly to that kind of thing. How am I gonna break the news to him that Kakyoin makes an evil baby eat his own poop? :(

Assure him the baby really deserved it and much worse. Alternatively, that's really far in and he might be hooked by that point? Would the earlier bits with Polnareff licking a toilet be too bad? Or the Indian hotel worker cackling at the thought of his boss having his rear end licked by pigs?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jun 7, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why would Jotaro have Polnareff and Coco Jambo? They're in the possession of Giorno and the mafia.

Also, Polnareff is "dead," right? His soul is just kept in his form and won't ascend to the clouds unless he leaves Mr. President? Because the wiki lists him under "Living Characters."

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

chaos rhames posted:

It's kind of funny that polnareff never contacted Jotaro, the guy who knows a magic doctor.

He doesn't even need Josuke to fix his legs, Araki sort of ignores it but in this universe they had fully functional prosthetic hands before World War II. He could get functional legs no prob. But Polnareff in a wheelchair is sort of a cool image so whatever.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Darko posted:

I almost slipped up bitching about Dio's second form being so hard for Joseph in the game in there (one, because Joseph is "dead" now, two because even stating he has a second form means that he gets a mid-fight powerup in the show, possibly).

What do you even mean by "Dio's second form?" Do you mean how in Heritage for the Future Dio's sprite doesn't have the jacket, spoiling that he's going to take it off?

Is it his lips inexplicably becoming black?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 12, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Worst Girl posted:

The implication I'm getting from the Vento Aureo game is that whenever Doppio's phone rings, it's just him going "BRRRING BRRRING"
Yep.
Edit: Formatting screwed up the time. Skip to 1:01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsU5HfXDHbw

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jun 12, 2015

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

minoru suzuki posted:

I'm only about halfway through steel ball run, and one minor criticism i have of the series since DIU is the staple of having a "healer" in the group. Crazy Diamond was cool, but it felt kind of ridiculous with Gold Experience/FF/The Zombie Horse and now Hot Pants. It kind of cuts down on the tension a huge amount, we don't really have those "oh poo poo he just died and thats it" moments like when Hol Horse shot Avdol. Battles basically feel as if they're without consequence to a small degree and I think the safety net of "we can just replace their liver with a rabbit turned into flesh and muscle" hurts the drama a little bit.

but then how do we get Jotaro 75% dissolved into a puddle of goo and come out of it okay?
I think tension is still there, people still can and do die. They just recover from nonfatal wounds between fights. Hell, people got horrible maiming injuries in part 3 they just sort of shrug off. Polnareff got a huge chunk of his leg bitten off by Ebony Devil, for instance.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

My uncle works at Araki and he says that Giorno was actually in Florida, but you have to use Strength on the truck to find him.

But Forever was already dead at this point!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Does anyone have any estimates on how far into Part 8 we are right now, percentage wise?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Naerasa posted:

Ugh I've been holding off on reading this until it's finished but I know that will be years and you telling me this just makes me want to give in and read it now.

Waiting really won't be worth it dude, just read.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Tequila Joseph. She even brought tequila!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Tunicate posted:

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the ending is basically that episode from futurama where they travel forward in time so far they end up in the past?

By any chance have you read Homestuck? If not I don't blame you it's trash.
If you have, then think of it like this: Pucci just Scratched the universe.

But actually, as someone above me just said, the universe that Emporio ended up in with Irene is NOT the SBR/Jojolion universe. Jojolion and SBR are another, separate alternate universe, in a completely different part of paradox space the multiverse.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Who is working on the part 5 cleanup, and where can I find it?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

So that's an interesting deal at this point.

Jojo's Colored Adventure is still updating it, I guess. Their downloads page doesn't show much because they're doing black and white updates first, so batoto's the go to for updated translations.

A couple other people are doing dribs and drabs at this point, too; someone's working on the Sleeping Slaves chapters (updating translation & typesetting on color panels - I just saw it on tumblr tonight) and I think there are random parts floating around on reddit but pulling all that together seems daunting so I guess I'll just keep waiting on the JJCA updates on batoto? The translation on the sleeping slaves stuff seemed to do mista justice in terms of voice so it's really nice to see that going up. Better translations that give those characters a more true voice will go such a long way toward converting people on Pt 5, I think.

I can't wait for the colored version. If the bad translations and inability to describe King Crimson weren't bad enough, the low quality yellow awkwardly-typset pages made it really hard to tell what was going on in some of the panels of the final fight, with a lot of it looking like a chaotic mess of gore what I can only assume was an attempt to visually convey the idea of skipping forward through time.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Haven't listened to it yet. Is this real?

edit: it's still real to me, dammit.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Whammu's should have been Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, or Carless Whisper.
Whammu even has a wind instrument in his skull.

But hey, at least Part 4 Jotaro has Seinfeld going on for him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJxWq60151E

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Also this Eyes of Heaven game is a distraction. when are we going to get what we really want and need?
When are we getting a fighting game based on Diesel?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Silver2195 posted:

I hope Purple Haze Feedback gets an OVA or something eventually.

Not until they do Jorge Joestar :colbert:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

I've been on Studio David's side but I swear if I don't get to see Koichi's enemies literally shrink with fear I will be so disappointed.

They're cheating Koichi out of his best power.

Also, I couldn't be more happy with the music turned out. It's got that Jet Set Radio-esque late 90s hip hop/grunge feel to it

Also also, i can't wait for the Yukako arc so I can post this in the anime thread http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/japanese-man-stole-hundreds-school-girl-uniforms-cops-article-1.1828073

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

it was already established that if someone gets far enough away from vitamin c then they'll reform with no damage unless damo or whoever straight up cuts them, so i have a feeling that joshuu is going to have a rude awakening when he's dunked into the ocean by a storm drain or something. same with kyo, even though we're not 100% sure what all happened with her once she was melted. norisuke is definitely out of a hand, though.

This part doesn't have any "healers," does it?
EDIT: Other than the fruit of course. Which is highly likely to take something much more important than a hand.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

There's even a stand in this part that's a sort of a simple power concept but is made more elaborate by the fact that it's done by a stand and not just something the user waves his/her hands and does. I will elaborate no more.
btw I was referring to how Killer Queen's power is "silently disintegrates things," allowing him to destroy evidence of people he kills discreetly. The "explosions" and accompanying seem to just be cosmetic effects only stand users can perceive, like how the cops couldn't see Magician Red's flames and just knew it was getting hot for no apparent reason.
He does it to people in crowded schools and apartment complexes and even do a guy's briefcase while he's holding it and nobody notices this happening or investigates any sound. It took me a while to understand this, because I was really confused by Kira saying he can get away with his crimes because Killer Queen can destroy evidence despite constantly saying it's a bomb.

Oh and my idiot roommate watched the episode and was trying to figure out what Crazy Diamond's power is by explaining it to me, and he asked if Josuke would be able to use his power to make money with lottery tickets. Was it bad that I told him that literally happens?

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 7, 2016

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

To be fair, I could totally see Joseph at least try to pin this whole mess on the Work of an Enemy Stand.

「If Loving You Is Wrong I Don’t Want To Be Right.」

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm reading Part 6 right now, and this Bohemian Rhapsody part might the craziest thing I've seen in this Part yet and that's saying something.

Heheheheheheheh.......Yep. Pretty crazy.
Pretty Crazy.

Please do us a favor and livepost here in the hypothetical event that things get even crazier in the near future?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I mean, he could explain it well, can't judge by the translation we have.

I get king crimson, GER stumps me a little though I know what it does just not totally *why*

Have you seen the episode of Futurama "Time Keeps On Slippin'?
It's like that, but Diavolo is aware of what he's doing during the timeskips, but when people are doing things in the skipped time they can't react to King Crimson or the things he's doing, behaving as if he was still in the same spot he was when he initiates the skip.

That's how I explain it to people. If they haven't seen that episode I can't help them.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

ChaosArgate posted:

He's asking about GER, not KC.

Oh well that one's simple. You know how when kids are playing pretend in the playground and one kid goes "OH YEAH WELL I HAVE INFINITY PLUS INFINITY POWER AND I WIN AND YOU LOSE NEENER NEENER"

GER is that.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Hahah god dammit! That's just it! That's what drives me up the wall! How does he get that! How is that fair! How can it work that way?! It's pissing me off!

If it makes you feel any better apparently that was just a temporary powerup, and the arrow fell out of Gold Experience and now if he needs to kill people he just has to stick to old fashioned methods like making them eat a gun-banana.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

Requiem is more or less an extension of giorno's "punch you into slow motion so you feel the pain for what feels like a long time" except instead of it overpowering your neural senses so that you experience pain in excruciating slow motion, it overpowers your soul and fills it with enough life that you are constantly experiencing "death" forever, but never actually reaching it due to requiem stands having control over souls or whatever and giorno's stand giving life when it attacks

Isn't that something Darkseid can do with his eyebeams and it's the single most evil and horrible thing he can do?
I'm not really sure Diavolo deserved that. He was just a dude who liked to sell heroin to kids. Kill him, don't drat him to an eternity of undying torture which he can't even just "turn off" like Kars because he's being constantly exposed to new stimuli, and not just the cold black void.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why does Rohan need your eyes to be open for his power to work again? I thought he just slaps your face open into a book.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

Funky is such a broad term, and I personally think all three answers could apply in different ways.

It's an answer so complicated.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

FirstAidKite posted:

What is everybody's pet peeve about the series

I've posted before about my pet peeve of people treating the ireneverse as meaning jolyne and co's deaths don't count because they just came back, and others have pet peeves in regards to stuff like "what if dio's stand actually is all jojo stands" and "josuke should have saved himself by getting caught in a time loop" and I know at least one person whose pet peeve is more or less that giorno is always right in part 5 and that there aren't many times where he's flat out wrong about something.

The only other pet peeve I can think of is that while I enjoy the art, there are several times where I'll have to reread to figure out what is going on. Especially when you're already dealing with something confusing, like the chapters about who shot johnny joestar, so it becomes kind of hard to figure out which part of the picture I'm supposed to be confused about.

Who did shoot Johnny, again?

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Hopeford posted:

Finished part 5. I actually really liked that! It took me a stupid long time to understand Diavolo's Stand(I think the scans didn't super help) but I really liked part 5. It hasn't yet fully hit me that Polnareff is forever going to be a turtle, which is loving hilarious. This was probably the most flat out bizarre part so far, and it had plenty of really cool and funny moments. Was a huge fna of Giorno's 7 page beatdown of that one dude and his super serious expression as he declared his plan to "STEAL ALL THE CARS."

Polnareff isn't the turtle. He's just a ghost who is inside of Coco Jambo, the turtle's pocket dimension hotel room stand. Presumably if he left the room he'd just "die" and go wherever dead souls go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Roach Warehouse posted:

That seems pretty reasonable to me. I have a friend watching who hasn't read the manga, so whenever I saw "Hey what did you think of Bad Company" he'll respond "Oh is that what its name was originally?"

Also I still lean towards e.g. Wang Chung and Straights.

What about Zenyatta and Mondatta? You can very clearly hear them say "Oingo" and "Boingo," especially in the credits song, and it's written in plain english on the cover of the comic book.