Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I think I'm more pissed off about Giorno not showing up with the rest of Dio's sons in part six than I am about anything in the whole world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Re-reading diamond is unbreakable... it's so drat good... I'm reminded just why this is the best non-horse jojo part.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

This is the name change that pisses me off the second most. First is "six bullets"

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

I wonder which stands will be renamed in the Part 4 anime subs.

The only part 4 name change from all star battle that peeved me off was Crazy Diamond => Shining Diamond

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pic of Dio looking at his darling baby boy with fatherly pride

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Do you just like to ignore that Irene and Anakiss are supposed to be the same people at the end

Anakiss never killed anyone, pal.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

also, wait, multiple rats had the stand ratt in arc 4

multiple people had hermit purple too

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Pomp posted:

People who complain about Let's Go Eat Italian Food will get probed right?

Don't even kid about that.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

You wanna talk about embarrassment, I've got a video encoding right now that's me rambling about Phantom Blood for 18 minutes and makes me sound loving psychotic. That mashup's not terrible as far as mashups go fwiw.

This is the best JoJo's mashup, imo.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Apes-Ma posted:

"His presence in the manga is possibly inspired by Yes (musical band)."

gently caress yes...

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I'm excited for people to see that maybe Joseph Joestar isn't the best Joestar after all

I'd like to see you slash your arm to save a baby pal

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Yeah there's a tumblr post I can't get to now as I'm on mobile that's zoomed in more and they're saying it's donkey Kong as well; makes sense.

I think Johnny laughing at gyro is 50/50, there might be actual sincerity at times.

in my opinion the only sincere laugh johnny did to gyro was when he made the joke about opera singers being fat. The rest is high-tier irony.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I was born while Koichi and Rohan were wandering around an alleyway looking at a fire hydrant but they turned out to be a ghost alley and ghost fire hydrant

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Folks, here's the facts: the equivalent exchange took Kira's dick off, and that's why Josuke has four balls but only one dick

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm a big fan of seeing people think that Angelo is the main part 4 antagonist

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Dias posted:

johnny was killed by a jesus rock while joseph banged a hot mom at age 60

clearly, hamon is superior to the spin

First of all fucker, she wasn't a mom when he banged her

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I hate PSAs and people who tend to post them are insufferable.

It's surprising that I don't.

e: The existence of future JoJos/the fact they have stands isn't a spoiler IMO. I mean, hell, if you were watching the show as David intended on Friday, before the show even started it showed the splash image on the official site http://jojo-animation.com/ as the sponsor image and the commercial break showed Josuke, Yasuho, Joshuu and Soft and Wet. There's nothing in my avatar/gang tag that's really a spoiler by any real definition of the term.

Plus, the first OP showed all the jojo's up to jolyne

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Insane way of looking at things: Jolyne technically appears onscreen before Jonathan in the anime

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The first episode didn't have the OP so actually no.

son of a bitch!!!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
he covered the big sign in the speedwagon foundation that says "DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER" with pictures of jolyne

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Moltrey posted:

actually, Part 4 will never end, David will be making their own sequel to Part 4 please look forward to it

The part 4 anime is going to segue imperceptibly into the Thus spoke rohan kishibe anime

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

Part 4 has a lot fewer weak fights than Part 3, in general. It helps that many of the defeated villains stick around (and are distinct enough characters to justify this), and some of the storylines (like Let's Eat Italian Food and I Am an Alien) aren't really fights to begin with, so there's more variety. The only ones I'm not a big fan of are Let's Go Hunting (while it's cool to see a seemingly weak enemy take out Jotaro like that, the rats are kind of a reversion to Part 3 in their lack of personality, and it doesn't develop the other characters much either) and Red Hot Chili Peppers (while we get to see some cool applications of both Red Hot Chili Peppers and Crazy Diamond, Akira doesn't get the upper hand very much for someone who was the main villain at that point).

I really dig the way Let's Go Hunting develops the relationship between Josuke and Jotaro though

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I'm going to say what we're all thinking - Let's eat Italian food would have been 10 times better if Okuyasu died from the food and Josuke obliterated Tonio with a hamon blast

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

The baby didn't really go anywhere and wasn't that interesting because it was a baby and didn't really have a personality. They didn't really go anywhere with it so in retrospect i don't think it was worth including. The alien guy i was just annoyed by because he was just acting weird for the sake of it for a few chapters. I didn't realise the rohan gambling thing was part of the same arc, i liked that. I mainly meant the chapters where they just ask him what his deal is and he acts weird for attention. The other part that i thought was entirely forgettable was the paper guy, but since he was so forgettable i forgot about him.

Those are just the parts i remember feeling bored by and thinking that he needs to start wrapping it up. It's very minor compared to the large parts of Stardust Crusaders that were entirely forgettable.

I am screaming.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Found this on the jojo wiki

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Namesake His presence in the manga is possibly inspired by Yes (musical band)

lol that is my favorite also

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Say hello to Animal Shop

I am cryeing

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

There were photos of dismemberment?

Yeah I thought kira 8 was a murderer for the longest time

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

A friend of mine who is new to JoJo's just asked me a fairly innocuous question that totally stumped me.

Does Josuke have the Joestar birthmark? I don't recall it ever being shown, but he'd have to, right?

They never showed it but it'd make sense, since the entire bloodline is meant to have it. a better question is does johnny joestar have the birthmark

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Ya I always thought cheap trick was an independent stand like superfly

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

heart shaped shadow

waht

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Heaven dio was sooo bad a design... I think four Dios might have been enough for that game

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I trust David to make dragon's dream make sense in animated form... I feel like the fact I had no idea what was going on spatially at any time during that fight was something that could be easily fixed

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

if you don't look pretty in jojo why are you here

to cut off ppl's hands with folded up money

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
damo has inner beauty

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

CJ posted:

A lot of the fights in Stardust Crusaders are resolved in pretty boring ways which amount to "Jotaro is just so cool that he beats them anyway". Having Joseph show up and being sort of immune to Alessi's powers and therefore able to defeat him is way more clever than baby Jotaro punching him out.

this better not have been a veiled criticism of daniel j d'arby or else yours truly is about to get care mad on line

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Red Bones posted:

Lil bit late coming in here but the other body is just dead. Kira's dead body gets dug up and the police note that it's missing a bunch of bits (including his balls). It happens in like, chapter two or three, maybe? Very early on. Whose soul does Gappy have, though? That's the question, because souls are definitely a thing in Jojos. Josefumi seemed to be dying at the end of this Chapter whilst Kira was healing, so I don't think its really cut and dry that Gappy is like, a resurrected Josefumi with amnesia and Kira's nads. I think he's his own person, really. Two cool bros squished together into one cooler boyfriend for Yasuho.

Two souls in one body... diavolo style

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

no they will not posted:

Two souls in one body... diavolo style

To clarify: one big soul made of two souls, with a seam down the middle

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Kira Yoshikage to Giorno Giovanni: Genie you're free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There have been other rare moments of onscreen sound effects. Josuke's mom getting Worlded was one but they've scaled it back hugely for DiU for whatever reason.

presumably so it's clearer that they're the effect of echoes when echoes comes in