Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Thailand's a bit late to the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf9jJx0NSjw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Oh my god.

VVV Goddamnit.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jun 2, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

ElMaligno posted:

do you get a free doughnut after you kill 3 niggers black people????????

You get a free donut if you do the survey on a receipt from Dunkin. I got a free mug from them once, so I can get a refill for a buck & a free donut whenever.

It's pretty great.

Edit:

holocaust bloopers posted:

Well one of my old AWACS buddies died yesterday. Don't know the circumstance, but either way it sucks. Dude was cool as gently caress and one of the best guys to have around. Him and I would shoot the poo poo planning out our inevitable escape from AWACS and the USAF. RIP bro.

!

?

Shoot me a name. If he was an eng up with you guys I probably don't know him, but...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Eulogistics posted:

To be fairly serious, Asians have always been the most favored immigrants in america and occupy a social position pretty close to whites and ahead of them in some regards (the stereotype of Asians is "extremely intelligent scientists and doctors and poo poo"). I'm pretty sure most of their cultures talk about working together and being collectivist and poo poo, so they assimilate much easier than other immigrant groups.

Aside from the 19th century and the 40s/50s maybe.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

American Sniper wasn't as bad as I expected. I'd rather have seen more of his home life between deployments, less time on the flashback. A lot of the homefront scenes just felt really forced and crammed with information so they could get the point across and get back to the movie. Which is kind of what I expected, but it still wasn't bad. But holy Christ, the baby.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

In 3 years, Netflix and Google will merge, and we'll effectively have a one-world government.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:wtc:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ckwiesr posted:

Plus BoB had Guarnere who was the best rear end in a top hat.

I'm behind in the thread, but here's a related bit of cool news from last year.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vasudus posted:

gently caress me, this is too many words. What's the best choice for a gloss paint for my bathroom? I am 100% for real considering repainting my bathroom this weekend. Or is gloss paint old hat now? Is there anything new out in that field?

Semigloss latex, gloss on the ceiling if you're feeling frisky.

Source: I've been repainting for family the past few weekends. The mid-level latex paint at Lowes is working well with a roller and brush.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yeah the latest word is that it's probably literally every current and recent federal employee including DOD.

elite_garbage_man posted:

I haven't cut my hair in over a year

not even a side burn trim

life is grand

I made it about six months and couldn't take it anymore. The beard lives on though. The command chief (USAF E-9) thought it was awesome at this morning's IRR muster.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Of course.

Edit: The dude flies in from two states away for drill :lol:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Delizin posted:

Apparently OPM didn't even have an IT department until 2013.

Source? I desperately want this to be true.

blue squares posted:

So I go to school in Texas and now I can bring a gun to school. I have a concealed carry. What gun(s) should I carry on campus and who should I keep my eye on?

poo poo, I can carry in elementary schools here.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

gently caress you guys and your age-related complaints.

My kid turned 15 today. :stare:

Today also happened to be his baseball team's annual parent/kid game. Over 90 degrees out, jesus gently caress. I'm pretty sure one of their pitchers is throwing 70+ mph accurately. One kid got hit by a pitch (by his dad, unintentionally), then he got hit again by the throw to second (by the coach) when stealing. We won, in a game punctuated by blatant miscalls, intentionally lovely dad jokes, and disappointment that A-this is the final week of their last season and B-they start loving driving soon.

:corsair:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Just tore into a trimmer/edger to see why it went from working great to not working at all. Figured it was electrical, and found that one of the battery contacts (it's one of those B&D things that runs on the same 18v battery as a bunch of other tools) was pushed in and probably not making contacts. Fixed it, put it back together, nothing happens. Well gently caress. Test the switch, seems to work fine. Connect the wires from the motor directly to the battery, nothing happens. So I swing it around and start removing the dozen screws from the motor end to open the case, then pull the trimmer wire thing off, then the rock shield...and about 30 loving earwigs explode out of all the tiny nooks and crannies that were previously hidden under the shield. WHAT THE gently caress. I beat the trimmer on the ground to make sure there aren't any more surprises like that, and open the case up...and a bunch of weird little beetle things go flying. They were living in with the motor for some reason. Also the remains of the motor's brushes came flying out in a cloud of dust, so yeah, that's toast.

Also found a nasty loving spider in the garage, it was in the black widows' usual corner, but not quite as spindly and definitely bigger than any widow I've ever seen. Today was just a day for creepy crawlies.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I wanna grow some peppers & tomatoes & poo poo so I can make my own salsa. School me on salsa making GiP dads.

One of my ex-gfs made the BEST mango salsa. I usually don't really care for that kind of thing, but it was amazing. I really need to find that recipe somewhere because I don't think I'll get from her.

Soldier is in the same cinematic universe as Blade Runner.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_%281998_American_film%29

I hope they combine it into the Star Wars universe just to piss off the hipster fans. There are few movies I've enjoyed less than Blade Runner. I think it was the theatrical version, but there's no way I could nut up enough to sit through a longer version.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Genocide Tendency posted:

Burn your house to the ground.

Move.

Buy new poo poo when you get to new place.

Seriously considering this, since I just found a little spindly guy (the ones that are so thin they're drat near transparent, legs bigger than their tiny bodies) chilling on a grape. In a bowl. In the fridge.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

blue squares posted:

Vasadus got my rear end in gear and I landed a gig working with a creative writing summer camp for kids. Gonna help set up, work there every day from 9-12 and help the kids, and then help make the publication of their stories at the end. This is the kind of internship stuff I should have been doing since 2013. Thanks for the brutal honesty, dude.

That's cool as hell.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ew. Panhandle or what?

Edit: I feel like I've asked you this before and the answer is yes.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think I'm the only person in here in the panhandle outside of those stationed in the pensacola or jax area.

That narrows it down. After being at Tyndall, I understand your pain. I like parts of Florida. Just not your part.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Its rich white space people and retired Colonels here. Google Space Coast.

True story, We had some dude move to a gated community called Tortoise Island, and he tried to sue the county, state and national Governments because of the jet noise from Patrick AFB.

Tortoise Island literally sits on the rear end end of a runway that has been there since it was Naval Air Station Banana River.

That poo poo happens everywhere. And I can deal with stupid self-righteous white Republicans. I've lived in Oklahoma and Utah for most of my life.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

he was on a couple times, once as the star in a car, and once he allowed May to drive his Ferrari GTO

I have no idea who this is, so I kind of confused as to why Captain America would be hosting a dying British tv show about cars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I don't think his boyfriend would approve of his internet vet buddies scaring everybody.

unless the gip dogges come along too

This is a test to see if he's worthy of our boy.

Edit: Also, what the gently caress Cole. That's a period vs a question mark because I'm not actually asking with the desire of a response.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Well, it's about 1/3 more surface area on the cooking surface. Uses a bunch more iron when you also count the edges. Supply and demand is probably an even bigger factor, since 12" is kind of the standard size pan.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Saw Jurassic World with my pops. Good rear end movie.

Just saw it as well.

I could've walked in just for the final fight and left completely satisfied. That final shot of the movie left a smile on my face, too. That's a loving homage. And that kid was the best autist I've seen on screen since the Onion's train story.

Good rear end movie.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

The Rescue

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Tank

Edit: Major Payne

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I used to know a guy who claimed to be a green beret and was on the carrier during Mogadishu. Also one of his green beret friends and a SEAL got in an argument over who was more badass so they took it outside and both ended up unconscious in the hospital so it didn't get solved. :allears:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

iyaayas01 posted:

sounds like a problem that solved itself

Pretty sure it's actually a problem that never existed. Like most of this guy's claims.

Father's Day: C-
Didn't see the kid (he's at some camp thing this weekend), troubleshot an automated sprinkler system, replacing two 35+ year old solenoids and a 15 year old controller. If you find yourself in need of one, Rain Bird's current line is a piece of cake. If I didn't have to gently caress with digging out wires from in the walls, I'd have had it installed, connected, and programmed in about 15 minutes total.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hitchcock appreciated a strong butt game back in the day.

Dude was notoriously into the ladies.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Garages should count as dadchat, right?

These are kinda :nms: so "enjoy."

The markings came out really clear in that picture.

Batman's giant penny from the old Batcave for scale.

It's now a disgusting green smear in the driveway that can be seen from space.

Edit: The zoom kind of hosed up the scale. That spider was probably about twice the size of the penny.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My uncle lost I think three fingers on one hand in a high school shop class accident. Went on to be a successful carpenter.

I went to hs with a guy that had a brand new del Sol that he bought with settlement money from losing a couple fingers in shop. He was really good at jrotc rifle spinning stuff somehow.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So I'm flipping through Amazon Prime videos....

Apocalypse Now is up.

Patton

Hobo With a Shotgun???

In this gory, gleefully over-the-top revenge fantasy, a bum arrives in a city overrun with violence and takes the law into his own hands, laying waste to corrupt cops & crooks with his pump-action shotgun.
Starring: Rutger Hauer, Pasha Ebrahimi Runtime: 1 hour, 27 minutes

Tempting.

It's exactly that.

An odd one was Rubber. I enjoyed it but can't begin to explain why.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Edit: motherfucker

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cole posted:

jurassic world rules. the final act is loving awesome. go see it.

It really loving is. Saw it yesterday for the second time, it still loving owns. I'm glad they finally figured out how to make a good Jurassic Park sequel, even if it took a quarter century.

Edit: Kevin Smith favorited one of my tweets once.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 28, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

This is probably the only show that I'd be willing to buy a "best of" box set.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Cole posted:

shaved my awesome beard off today

RIP awesome beard

Mine will probably meet it's demise next weekend.

:sigh:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

At least I'll have a sweet retarded tan line across my loving face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

dont worry i will grow a beard for both of us sir o7

Got mine beat, by probably 2-3 months :(

• Locked thread