Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

fyi, the minutemen is your faction and doesn't conflict with any other factions at all besides the BoS farm quests (afaik)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Aphrodite posted:

The female main character seems pretty good but I don't have high standards.

she voiced jack in mass effect. a couple of the angry choices sound like her jack voice too.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Lady Naga posted:

Also Piper is actually extremely cool and if you don't think so then you smell.

:agreed:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I love nick but he can be pretty judgemental. Yes I am technically stealing something that doesn't belong to me, but it is from insane drugged out cultists, don't give me that look.

Unrelated, the ratio of times I have seen a rotocopter crashing/exploding in a ball of firey death vs flying around normally is pretty abysmal. Someone in the Brotherhood needs to learn that "coming in hot" does not mean to turn your helicopter into a missile

the only thing they cant crash into is the prydwen which they just clip straight through

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

JoshTheStampede posted:

I also ran into my first real big bug - I went back to Vault 111 to grab the Cryolator, and on my way out I stopped on the ledge to look over at Sanctuary. Hey, I wondered, lets see if I can see my people walking around or if its just a generic shot of the town at this point.

So I pull out my long recon scoped laser musket and hit the scope button. The screen goes white, I get a load screen icon in the corner for 10 seconds or so, and then it plays the sound for when you fall from a great height, and I am standing just outside Sanctuary with 1 health. Amazing teleporting scope.

i've been teleported a couple times while using iron sights/scopes. i thought it was the cover system at first but it happened to me twice while i was standing near nothing too. its a really weird bug.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

BigRoman posted:

I'm having fun so far. I do have a few questions though:

So, after I find a magazine, read and take it....can I sell it and still retain the perks? Or do I have to carry it around with me (yes its 0 weight but some of them are high value)?

Any point in holding on to the videogames? Or can I sell them?

I have picked up a bunch of manila envelopes that don't seem craft related, are worth 1 cap, and have no weight. Any reason I should be holding on to them?

as for my non-rpg-ocd question:

Should I bother building a wall around my settlements (i.e. will raiders be forced to funnel through my killzone entrance, or do they just spawn at a random location within the settlement border)?

there's a man at the charles view amphitheater who can answer all of those questions about your material possessions and more for you

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cheap Shot posted:

Drinking Buddy didn't show up at my base when I sent him. I fear the worst :ohdear:
Does anyone know how I can use the console to teleport to him so I can find him?

you need his ref ID (not base ID) which you can get by clicking on him so reload a save and you can either use player.moveto xxxxx to teleport to him or prid xxxxx and then moveto player to teleport him to you

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

failing speech checks would be a lot less lovely if they had bothered to record unique dialogue for failed attempts like stumbling your words to or something like new vegas

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i miss this poo poo, maybe someday we'll get another obsidian fallout

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

one of my biggest non-writing problems in this game is that they gave up weapon variety for weapon mods. no pump action shotguns or lever action rifles suuuucks

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Residency Evil posted:

Is there a place I can stash my power suit when I'm not using it? Getting these cores to keep it up seems like a PITA.

you can keep it at any of your settlements or even diamond city (technically anywhere really). just make sure you take the core out once you exit it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

sector_corrector posted:

The way that Bethesda writes super mutants is really, really annoying. They're almost always dumb as bricks savages instead of pretty normal human-like creatures with their own culture. The exceptions are nearly always 'noble savage' types like Fawkes. Jacobstown is a pretty clear counter-example. There are some assholes there, but for the most part it's a fairly civilized settlement. I wish that Bethesda could think beyond BoS=Knights and Mutants=Ogres.

it's almost like bethesda doesn't understand several core concepts of the IP they purchased

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

CasualMaleXL posted:

What do you suppose the odds are of an interface being patched in for assigning settlers? Specifically, caravans between settlements for Local Leader. The current system of "Hope you find the provisioner" and not being able to tell which of two settlements is creating the route between them is impressively bad. I'm not holding my breath, but would it be unheard of?

bethesda: 0%
modders: 99.999%

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I stuck Valentine in some Power Armour and every time I ask him to hack a terminal he gets out of it. WTF

how a synth gonna use a keyboard with mega-sized fingers

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Inside Outside posted:

Piper completely disappeared from my game so I used the console to bring her back, but now I can't make her a companion anymore. Bugs in Bethesda game :(

did you use player.placeatme xxxxxx or player.moveto xxxxxx/prid xxxxxx moveto player because the former will spawn the incorrect piper while the latter will move you to them/move them to you

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Inside Outside posted:

I did the latter, but when I Googled it was a weird two-step process. But yeah, I'm guessing I spawned the wrong Piper.

you also need her ref ID and not her base ID, the ref ID being what shows up when you click on her so reload an older save to get that if you haven't already

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Icedude posted:

How does settlers producing food work anyway? Is it producing up to 6 food, or is it only being able to work 6 plants?

If it's the latter, I can't see any reason to plant anything other than Mutfruit.

6 food of any combination afaik

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SunAndSpring posted:

I have no idea what the Institute goals are even after beating the game. Something about doing vague science experiments that they'll never share with the wasteland until an arbitrary time or when everyone up above dies.

no, you've pretty much got it down pat

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Reason posted:

Am I right in assuming that each faction has a Battle of Bunker Hill mission and I can do each factions quests up until they give me that mission?

some factions kill off another faction too

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

SunAndSpring posted:

That Cabot House quest was the dumbest poo poo I've seen in a long time.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

they should fire anyone that worked on the cabot house quest imo

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

NESguerilla posted:

Can I just rid of Bobbleheads and magazines/other miscellaneous or do I need them in my inventory to keep their effects?

they're permanent. you can build a bobblehead stand and a magazine rack/shelf to store them in if you like collecting stuff or just sell them for caps if you don't

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Mr Scumbag posted:

Is there any way to kill Paladin Danse? Dude's a loving jackass.

yea

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

i wish they didn't make renaming NPCs impossible through the console in skyrim. that command i barely used in oblivion would be extremely useful right about now for settlements

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Digital_Jesus posted:

Like, I get that some people find the whole "SUPAH MUTANT WUT DAT?" styled dialogue to be dumb because you killed 29 of them on your way out of the vault before picking up your deathclaw stomping suit, but bear in mind these games are now old enough that there are people for whom fallout 4 is their first fallout game, and they are interested in some of the lore behind it.

Just sayin most of us are basically gramps & gram at this age. Kids these days don't know we been slayin super mutants for 18 years now. :corsair:

it's really easy to get around that by doing what new vegas did with "what do you think of _______"

Fereydun posted:

probably the most bizarre aspect of this is that random NPCs in various areas will react appropriately to stuff like that (see: wearing vault suits in vault 81 and them responding, being buck rear end naked in public [this gets companion likes/dislikes even]) but whenever it comes to actual dialogue there's nothing

actually, the hosed up thing is there IS unique dialogue for what you're wearing, its just extremely inconsistent

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Deified Data posted:

You can choose whether or not to ask what a super mutant is at your discretion.

i can choose to ignore your idiotic post but instead im going to respond to it:

lmao

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

why are you complaining about this bug preventing you from progressing the game. you can just choose not to beat the game, jeez

thats what player choice is all about

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

At what level is it "safe" to go looking for X-01 power armor and not have to hope it doesn't turn out to be T-51 instead?

i think around 30 or so is when it starts to show up, so maybe 35-40?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ugh, as much as i like feral ghouls' new ai stuff, making them instantly home in on you when you touch the scripted event trigger to make them crawl out from somewhere even while you're sneaking is real annoying

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I dunno I like that guy.

same, i like him a lot better than three dog who is The Worst imho

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

mass effect's dialogue system is great

if you're playing a mass effect game

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cirosan posted:

Released a new version of Full Dialogue Interface last night that corrects a multitude of issues. Working on a final, feature-complete version now.

Once that finalized groundwork for the English version is done, translation work for all the other languages can begin in earnest. The current French translation is a functional but quick-and-dirty proof of concept.

Still can't believe how that mod has taken off. It's pretty crazy.

you and shadwar are wonderful, maybe you'll someday overtake the nude mod in endorsements

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Harrow posted:

You have some very rigid ideas about what makes a good story. While I enjoyed the opportunity to deliver an action movie one-liner before shooting him, I think I would have found it more moving and dramatic if he was already dead and I could never have my vengeance. That seems much more dramatically compelling to me than a straightforward revenge story.

no don't you get it, complex stories and interesting writing were simply a product of days bygone. modern games have evolved to no longer need any of that because we can just shoot mans instead.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

gullah jack posted:

I think she's got a thing going on kind of like the psykers from Fallout 1.

yeah she's probably supposed to be a psyker

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Sankis posted:

It's just too bad Power Armor and laser weapons are so easy to come by. I always loved pilfering the BoS bunkers of their best equipment.

Edit: When is the toolset due out? I'm itching to mess around with it. I did a tiny bit in NV and would love to try making some poo poo in FO4...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

frajaq posted:

Heyyyyyy wait a second, why am I finding Jet in pre-war locations? I thought this was a new drug?

myron's ghost time traveled back to show pre-war america the wonderful secret of jet

• Locked thread