Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
They probably dug up the wrong one first a decided to run with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Midnight Voyager posted:

Question: I am a mongol nomad. Is there some reason that "grant title and eveything under it" or whatever isn't functioning AT ALL? It's really goddamn hard handing out larger amounts of land when you have to do it one county at a time.

Nomads don't give a gently caress about dutchies etc.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Roland Jones posted:

Huh, have sky burials for Zoroastrian characters always been in the game, or is that new with Horse Lords? It's a neat addition either way.

Its for Tengri as well.

Funky Valentine posted:

Anyone have a good startup guide for playing as nomads?

Snipe Nomad provinces from weaker neighbours while growing your horde and manpower then take and pillage tribals and move onto Persian, Tarim and Caucasian developed areas, always grow your horde.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Goofballs posted:

What's a good Islamic start? I don't usually start my games with an emperor level title but is it possible to get the caliph title without doing that or doing an extraordinary amount of hunting down of an entire dynasty?

Abbasids in 1066 are duke level and still caliphs

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TTBF posted:

I reformed the Tengri faith after finally doing well as a nomad. Upon doing so, I became nogovernment. I updated to the beta patch and it interpreted nogovernment as theocracy. So now I can't play my ironman save? Is there anyway to fix this or am I boned?

I'm guessing you didn't pass out the temples when I reformed Tengri as the Turks I had passed out all three of the temples I had built.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Just revert to a previous auto save.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Preechr posted:

I pillaged a province, which resulted in me somehow usurping a kingdom, forcing me feudal, and losing the khaganate in the process.

You didn't pillage you settled

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hadaka Apron posted:

Anyone have a good nomad start? I've played a lot but this will be my first game since getting Horse Lords.

The Charlie era Yagulibid Turks are fun, not too big at game start but with small realms to nibble at plus when the Abassid dies you can attack Kiva.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Eric the Mauve posted:

This woman is a badass. But how is it a Bohemian Catholic is able to lead armies?

Do you want to tell her she can't?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pakled posted:

I think this part is normal since clan leaders with high prestige can also inherit the khaganate. Make sure your heir has higher prestige than any clan leader.

its more a problem with having 0 population

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Pakled posted:

There is new clothing, though. For instance, cowboy hats and football helmets and Confederate Kepis.

And the Americanist full 18th century outfit complete with powdered wig. And the British with their red coats.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Bloodly posted:

If there is now, with all the changes and things, a way to let females do SOMETHING besides be useless, or if people are working on ways to un-hardcode that, it'd be nice.

There has been for ages just remove is female=no from every thing or remove restrictions on true cognatic.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Am I the only person this doesn't happen to? I've never had a big problem with people cuckolding my wives.

Your probably not paranoid.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Edison was a dick posted:

Some key quotes from that:

This is someone's wank material fetish mod.

Wow such detective work a mod entirely devoted to massive scale polygamy, incest and rape is a fetish mod who'da thunk it

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aethernet posted:

Why is this a problem when the human player can do it too? I always attack people when they've spent all their levies. You can see available levies from the Realm Tree screen.

or the character screen

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
You haven't reformed the borders a shameful Rome.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Does Steam offline mode disable achievements? I just did the Caliphate Strikes back, where I did everything but form the empire title in offline mode. I switched to regular steam and the cheevo didn't pop. So much went right for this run too, it would be a shame to lose it :(.

Did the save de-ironman?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Alucard posted:

Just got this on Steam, will be giving it a shot soon - are there any must-have DLC expansions or is the base game solid enough to play? I was going to grab the GoT and Elder Kings mods after I start getting a feel for the base game.

Way of Life it adds so much to the standard gameplay, maybe old gods as well if you want an earlier start date and Vikings :black101:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
To be fair a player controlled horde should be a existential level threat since steppe hordes are always the most threatening when led by a strong leader with no thought of luxury or peace.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
In my current Mercia game father's have outlived their sons enough that grandson succession is a firm tradition.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Could have been a theocracy to begin with and the barony was held by some other realm.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Groogy posted:

^ pretty much

Mercia better start on notable at least then since the queens were for all intents and purposes co rulers

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TheMcD posted:

I like the caps on the title. It really sells the mod. It couldn't just be "Forcibly Enter Female Prisoner", it had to be "FORCIBLY ENTER FEMALE PRISONER".

Actually, what really slays me is the second screenshot. "30% chance of Kaiser Heinrich III of Holy Roman Empire gains Game Master". That's so out of place it's hilarious.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Game-Neil-Strauss/dp/184767237X

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

alcaras posted:

What causes the council power laws to reset back to council?

I was slowly progressing setting them to "Ruler" and had just one or two left and then they all reset to Council. Was it because I surrendered in a war to lower (Tribal) Organization?

Yeah you need to be at Max tribal organisation to even be able to change council laws.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Just trying to get a Non-aggression Pact so you don't jump them when they are busy punching each other in the face

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

sbaldrick posted:

Under gravekind is there any way to choose which of your kids get which title?

Give it to them before you die.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
You can also renegotiate pacts if your dynastic elationship is close enough.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Konig posted:

God drat, this game sometimes; started a game as Offa of Mercia, went well initially, he died a bit early but his son was set up fine to rule- oh wait no he just got headcrushed into incapable at 27. Cue a decade of scheming vassals until finally I'm overthown in favour of an 8 year old, 3 days before I die and am succeeded by a 6 year old. Fast forward to when I come of age and check on my 'liege'; he's involved in 4 defensive wars including a planned invasion from sviðjod. Christ.

That's pretty much accurate to history.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth Windu posted:

Hopefully this will be free dlc to make up for the complete waste of money that was Conclave

:jerkbag:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

ShootaBoy posted:

So is Conclave still unfun broken poo poo or is it worth 15 bux?

Conclave never was, the patch added the features people hated.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

lurksion posted:

Pay to win!
Save game incompatible?

It's a major patch is pretty much a 50-50 shot anyway.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darkrenown posted:

No one except the trailer guy liked that trailer :(

I'm pretty such that is still the case.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darth Windu posted:

Luckily literally everyone will be able to turn off shattered retreat next patch, too bad you can't turn off the entire conclave dlc

But why would you need to? The bad stuff is in the patch.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

TheCIASentMe posted:

You keep saying this even though people have said before that it's not just the patch items that they hate.

And when they give reason other than it makes the map harder to paint I'll give there opinion a single thought. Just play eu4 or hearts of iron if that's what you want.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Elias_Maluco posted:

Goddamit, now Im just obligated to buy it

I have 4 cats IRL, Im gonna use CK2 to have some more

Toxoplasmosis in action ladies and gentlemen.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Schizotek posted:

Was that the same dynasty that was descended from Norse Gods who they pretended were just their ancestors who were so awesome the locals worshiped them as a God?

Well pretty much every Germanic king claimed to be descend from Odin/Wodin it was a thing.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Wafflecopper posted:

I haven't played CK2 in a while but I'm getting the itch again. How's Conclave? I like the idea behind it but Steam reviews are mixed.

The steam reviews are mostly reviewing the patch with the few half baked features which can be switched off on the next patch.
And unless your playing just to paint the map a fast as possible the DLC is good.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darkrenown posted:

Yeah, it's to show you the diseases can travel over water gaps.

New DD:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-20-dont-fear-the-reaper.964269/

I'm currently watching Arumba try to find where to build Hospitals for 4 videos now. The Extended province view isn't that unknown, is it?

Someone's been listening to the British History Podcast or at least reading early English history.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Playing as the king of Mercia and it's practically a biyearly occurrence when I behead a doctor for mistreating my sister's cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SkySteak posted:

So i was just wondering what the gently caress happened with Conclave and its use reviews? I get that people didn't like the coalition and shattered retreat mechanics but there seemed to be something else upsetting people? Like I heard the expansion utterly botched up the education system or something.

People are idiots and democracy no longer works.

• Locked thread