Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Odobenidae posted:

What I've started doing is letting my corruption rise up as long as it's relatively low. I think as long as it's under 1 you can still get good corruption events and as long as it's under 5 you don't get bad events. Sooner or later an event, ruler trait, or being ahead in tech will let it tick down by itself. This isn't really possible though if you've got lots of religious unity problems.

I actually didn't know that. I thought it had to be at 0.

But then, I'm playing as QQ so religious unity has been an issue and will continue to be an issue for a good long time. I'll get my poo poo together eventually, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Would it be wise to release Haasa as a vassal so they can fight my rebels for me while I'm suffering from bankruptcy? Theodoro would probably help but there's no land connection.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Node posted:

I've never seen a vassal fight my own rebels for me. They can barely take care of their own.

Yeah, that may have been an optimistic thought. Would Shirvan do it for me if I gave them military access?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Well I guess I'm living in rebel hell for the next 10 years.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I usually would, but now I feel like clawing my way back out of this mess I've gotten myself into will be an excellent learning experience.

If I fail to do it then I'll just feel like poo poo and go play in some other part of the world.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Detheros posted:

Okay, this is slightly more fair.

Edit: Now that it's 1615, Austria has just decided for a straight up conquest of Ravensburg, I don't know why this is so funny to me but it is.

Edit 2: Alright, the Ravensburg saga is over.

I just saw the ottomans climbing up into the steppes and i'm terrified now.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
make each hex exactly 5 miles across for maximum strategic depth

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

no it's okay i can still come back from this

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i got annexed a couple decades later. but by that point i had sort of stopped trying and set my speed to max.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Arrhythmia posted:

did you try taking out loans and mercs????

Yeah that's probably what killed me. I think I overcompensated and wasn't cautious enough. Went bankrupt then got attacked in 4 different wars and had Poland abandon me.

It's okay. Learning experience. At least I know what it looks like to lose.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Koramei posted:

New dev diary about shinto

looks cool although unless there are a bunch of events or something it seems like only 2 of the levels of isolation are at all worth picking.

also, unique ideas for every single daimyo? drat. unique models for a bunch of them too.

shinto's overhaul is a bit underwhelming compared to the confucian one. the daimyo nis are pretty exciting tho

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Mandalay posted:

Seriously? Gameplay systems are more important. Or maybe you are being sarcastic I can't tell.

Looks like sarcasm to me.

They've yet to release an expansion that didn't come with new achievements to my knowledge, so I'm looking forward to whatever the new achievements lead me to trying out.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Eej posted:

I mean it's just setting a base level of honesty because in the end SAM to exists for scumlords who just want points

I don't understand that mindset at all. I love achievements because they give me motivation to try something I otherwise wouldn't. Just pushing a button and getting them wouldn't be satisfying. Who are you trying to impress at that point?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Tell me more of this mythical land of Slavistan

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i hate that you border Bengal

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Fister Roboto posted:

You should try stacking your mana bonii.

are people on the pdx forums being ironic when they say bonii and i just don't get it?

because holy poo poo

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Got sort of a meh Liberty or Death game going. I got the achievement a while back but decided to keep going to get Gentle Persuasion and Combined Arms since I noticed they don't have a start date restriction. Got the former, still working on the latter.

I have two complaints: my vassals (Assiniboine and Fox) can't seem to figure out how money works so I have to keep dumping ducats on them to bail them out before rebels start running over their countries. Furthermore, I can't even reach them with my armies thanks to Spanish Louisiana cutting me off (admittedly I wasn't as aggressive at the start as I should have been). Spain and Britain both rivaled me so their CNs won't let me get mil access and apparently you can't just ship troops across Lake Michigan.

I'll probably solve the problem soon since Newfoundland is my next target but it's just a bit annoying.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm loving that Brittany borders its own CN. Can it even integrate it?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Too Poetic posted:

Also in my Sunset Invasion attempt I attacked Portugal's colonial nation and Portugal never came in to the war.

this i can explain:

If your capital is in the New World, you're free to attack CNs without the overlord getting involved. Not sure when that was patched in but it's a lifesaver if you're playing a native.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

this makes me unreasonably angry

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Arrhythmia posted:

someone explain this to me

People have been complaining about the buns they are buying. They want the all-inclusive bun, with spices, toppings and lovely flavor but for the same price as the regular bun without all the nice, tasty things.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Kazan feels like a start that you just need to reroll until you get lucky. Uzbek is the only neighbor willing to ally me and they also allied Great Horde, who I wanted to target first so I could push through them and conquer Crimea before Otto gets their event. Midway through my war with Nogai, Timmy guarantees them. Also is hostile to me for some reason, so I can't ally. I finished my war and got my land, but I can't attack them again now. Muscovy is quickly eating Novgorod and I'm stuck here in the middle, unaware of what to do next.

I guess I could try to ally Oirat or Chagatai and backstab Uzbek? Not sure what my other options are.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
What a weird crash that happened in my ironman game right after my ally Poland separate peaced out of this defensive war against Muscowy. I should probably submit a bug report.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'd usually not like to do stuff like that but sometimes losing a run i've sunk 15 hours into because of a bad ai ally alters my idea of "chievo honor".

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
give it to me straight, doc. do i have time for Gold Rush?

My only ally is Poland, who I almost have 10 favors with. I think I can take Muscowy on this time, but I'm afraid that I can't take all the provinces I need in one war, and with truce timers and all I don't think I have time for two complete wars before 1500.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Tendronai posted:

Just truce break, Poland won't join round 2 but if you stomp Muscovy hard enough it shouldn't matter. Don't forget to get your neighbours to good relations so you don't accidentally trigger a coalition.

I'm always scared of trucebreaking if I'm not already a powerhouse, but I guess since there's not a lot of other Orthodox nations to worry about and Mucovy doesn't have any friends to speak of, I should be okay.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
15 years to defeat Muscovy, take all the provinces I need to form Golden Horde, and core Tambov and Kasimov. I just might pull it off.

I was getting stressed because Poland was in huge debt and wouldn't accept the CtA. Then Muscovy declared on me and Poland joined defensively. Problem solved. I hope.

And yes this is the same game I talked about weeks ago. I don't play too often these days so games go slow. Doesn't help that I play on speed 1 while also listening to business lectures.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm Ceylon who owns most of India.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

oddium posted:

tell me about it

definitely have the time to take this one all the way but it's so tedious

nice Ottawa and Huron.

i like when tribes are strong.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Nope. Rolling back only disables chievos added after the patch you’re rolling back to.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

AnoHito posted:

Of course judging by the number of people that actually finish a game of EU, that will amount to a grand total of like 12 globes sent.

e: :argh:

Especially considering that when a game is actually finished it's usually just going to be one color with the word RYUKU across the whole globe.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
im an idiot and i ruined a chievo run

Was sitting around as a horde too peaceful for too long while i developed a province up to 30 so I could sell it to a neighbor, conquer it back, then raze it.

Turns out the AI does know how to raze things because by the time i got it back it was not at 30 dev.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I keep getting events during every hostile siege telling me to give up. Sometimes multiple times on the same fort level 0, 1 month siege. I can't find any evidence that I'm in a disaster, nor is there a country modifier that's explaining this. What's going on?

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I would happily turn 60 months of sailors into 1 base production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Koramei posted:

I'm writing the new OP now for the expansion tomorrow, if anyone has title suggestions say them now or else I'm just gonna do a search for whatever was the last semi-decent one

I'm partial to this one from about a month ago.

Fister Roboto posted:

COME ON AND JAM

AND WELCOME TO ISLAM

• Locked thread