Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
I'm not sure where Roy Orbison fits in but :magical: this looks so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

etalian posted:

The same song was used in Blue Velvet and helped to reboot his musical career.
I'm not sure he can have another run anymore, man.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I hope there will be some easter egg player piano song for each episode and, if so, I want the goddamn soundtrack of them.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I'm getting some The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly vibes from MiB and Teddy palling around in army uniforms a la Blondie and Tuco.

(Unsure if that should be in tags or not since it hasn't aired and was only in a preview.)

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Is there a reason for an alternate Westworld logo that doesn't involve timeline fuckery?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Right, I get that idea. I'm a designer, so I know brands have/can have primary and secondary logos. But the "alternate" one is featured pretty prominently in ways that seem odd from a branding standpoint.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Disco De Soto posted:

*waves finger, freezing thread until Sunday*
With six episodes to go, we're going to need something more akin to that Bagger 288 than a little finger waving to deal with this thread.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Yeah, it's Dolores.

Like, dolor. As in, sadness/sorrow/grief.

Seemingly she grieves a lot as a robot lady who has her family murdered on a fairly frequent basis.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
Also forgot the (potential) significance of Hopkins' character's name being Robert Ford. Some good thinkin' there, guy.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Monglo posted:

Yeah, the tour scene was good, everything else much worse than what we got in previous episodes.
The butchers. The narrative guy. The espionage scenes.
Made me cringe a bit at the quality inconsistency.
Sizemore is by far the most obnoxious character on this show and I can't tell if it's just the overacting going on or the character's inherent douche baggery. Or both.

Seriously, gently caress any time that idiot is on screen.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Phuzzy posted:

Now that I think about it, Maeve and Bernard are the only two hosts (inside the park) that know they're hosts, aren't they? And why did the Girl In White out in the 'lobby' area on the way in with William not have a freakout about being a host if that's such a problem inside the park?
Is she actually aware or just programmed to say "Does it matter?" when someone asks without actually thinking it, though?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Ein Sexmonster posted:

If anything is taking place in the past, then "Bernard" interviewing Dolores while she is clothed is, because that is actively out of character for Bernard.
If the idea of the photo from Ford's desk is Arnold being on the right and not seen by Bernard because he is a physical replica of Arnold, then maybe those scenes where Dolores is being interviewed clothed in the basement is Arnold, not Bernard?

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

KoRMaK posted:

Yea, that was...

I mean, lol that his daughter says he's a bad guy even though he never really did anything bad in real life. That would be like having your GTA history used against you. Or your SA history
I always ask for and verify a person's post history in real life before I feel I can judge them accurately.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Cojawfee posted:

With the minotaur and the other people showing up, could this be a leak of Medieval or Roman world?
Those are members of Wyatt's gang/cult. They were seen in a previous episode (albeit, at night) wearing the horns/animal masks.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

sudo rm -rf posted:

my question is whether or not wyatt is going to be a new character or just dolores/maeve themselves. we already know teddy's an unreliable narrator, so the guy in the flashback could just be bullshit.
They already showed his view was bullshit in this episode when the greeter host kept pushing him to remember and all the soldiers in his memory turned into the citizens of Escalante and he was seemingly the sheriff.

TheDon01 posted:

I don't quite understand why no one knows what Arnold looks like, since there's a doppelganger walking around in the present. You'd think he would be kinda famous and at least have some pictures around, or a park history documentary or something.
Arnold has been written out of the history books--Ford mentions it as explicitly in the earlier episodes where he and Bernard are talking in his office.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

Mahoning posted:

Yeah.

There's 3 different periods that Dolores is traveling in.

In one (~35 years ago) she is wearing her dress, traveling to the town and we've now learned that it is to meet with Arnold below the church.

In another (~30 years ago) she is wearing the cowboy outfit and is traveling with William. She travels to the old town (because she is remembering her first trip there) but it winds up being buried. In this time frame she (presumably) dies after being stabbed by Logan and running away from the Confederate camp.

In the last (present) time frame, she is also wearing the cowboy outfit. This is the one that confuses everyone. But if you rewatch the whole series and pay attention when Dolores is on screen, they often switch between present-Dolores and William-Dolores very subtly. When they switch though, the two different scenes are often lit very differently and Dolores is often alone in the present time frame. (in the town talking to the little girl who draws her the maze, standing among the crosses in the graveyard, at the river's edge where they encountered the ghost nation massacre, encountering the old once-buried town, etc.)

Throughout all of it, Dolores sees flashes of herself (often dead or dying), presumably showing us that she has done this (and failed) many times before. This is setting up that Dolores has been trying to find the maze in perpetuity since the William incident (or possibly earlier).
One thing that doesn't jive with that entirely is her wearing the dress in Sweetwater when she's daydreaming and Maeve comes over and tells her to get away from the entrance to the saloon and she drops the "these violent delights have violent ends" on her and makes her start to flip out, in the sense that there hasn't been anything to indicate that Maeve was the madam (or even around) that many years ago.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.
I'd have to go back to the episode, but when Elsie is in the abandoned theater at the end, doesn't she yell out "Arnold?" before getting grabbed? Because in Bernard's memory of it, she says his name and not Arnold's.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

DoctorGonzo posted:

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/jj-abrams-promises-westworlds-season-finale-is-insane/3433164

At the 13 min mark there is it a clip of the next episode.

Ford and the robo arny are going to kill everyone
Christ, I hope Ford does go ham and kill Charlotte because her stifled, smug bullshit acting is bad. Bad bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

Amen.

The Glumslinger posted:

I want to watch Rome World, where people go to get their fill of political intrigue and to lead armies

Actually, I want to go to Rome World, and lead armies and get murdered by my political opponents. Sounds like fun
I want to go to Rome World and bro out with Titus Pullo and Lucius Vorenus.

• Locked thread