Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

fadam posted:

Here's a thought: no one cares.

Are you desperately vying for the position of "most obnoxious dude in thread" because there's some pretty stiff competition, you're going to have to up your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I'm finally ingame on Excal, so maybe things are getting better? :shobon:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Monkchat: is there ever a reason I'd want to use Purification while Invigorate exists?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Vahalla posted:

Few pages back, but this is actually untrue. I have been running trial roulette every day since 3.0 hit and I have done up to Greg 1 and no further, because it failed to live up to the lofty and bandwagon-y goon hype.

I don't know at what point trial roulette DOES unlock, but you don't need Hildebrand done, that's for sure. It's completely optional content.

This changed in the 3.0 patch, thankfully.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Hildibrand quest chain is nowhere near as good as goons make it out to be.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

What am I missing?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Niton posted:

Is its Collectability Value below 1100? Vendors won't take less than that.

I didn't even realize that was a thing, drat.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Trying to level 50-60 without quests is testing my patience more than the entire Zodiac chain combined, holy poo poo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ifrit probably, since there isn't an attacker carbuncle counterpart for him yet.

He's using a Ruby one elsewhere, so that's unlikely.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Monk is actually the most fun class by far, gently caress the people who just want to stand still and hit three buttons

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I don't think they give you any outside of roulettes.

Bingo

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

year199X posted:

What other people said, I basically bought this game just for Monk.

Monk is super enjoyable with the simple creation of two macros, one for all of your rear positionals and one for your flank positionals, then it's just hit the key/button for where you are. It can be annoying if your tank is a jerk and running circles around mobs for no reason but for the most part it's a non issue.

Holy poo poo never ever do this

It's not that many buttons at all. Six positionals in the main rotation. Six buttons. Holy gently caress.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Malloreon posted:

Is there a better general overview for leveling from 55-60?

I just finished the Aery for the first time last night, and I'm about 400K into 55. I have one more story quest I can do before needing to be 56 to continue.

I've tried so far to leave sidequests for alt jobs, but I've done 5-6 of them anyway. bad idea?

- duty roulettes each day (+ challenge log completions)
- sidequests?
- running the highest level dungeon over and over (currently Aery)?
- ??

For my first job, doing sidequests and daily hunts was enough to get me through 60 while only hitting a couple spots where the story dropped me for a level.

On my second, daily hunts + low level and high level and trial roulettes gets me about 2/3 of a level and it's still an enormous slog; I really feel like they're going to have to do something about the absurd XP required to level, or maybe buff the XP from FATEs, or something

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

astrologian quests own

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zereth posted:

I pretty sure the "click aetheryte to teleport to it" feature was added fairly recently. I remember reading a patch note about it.

It's been in at least since I started playing the game, which was a year ago.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Belzac posted:

Sorry, thread is too stupid even for me now. I've failed.

Eorzean Christmas came early!

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zyla posted:

hundreds of portraits of the sultana, if you choose correctly

Alternately

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

RC Cola posted:

What are the drop rate for atmas? I'm getting ready to set time aside to fate grind

Absurd

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

I loving hate the casters tiara's!!! And dudes wearing jewelry!

The real question is why would you ever play a dude

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

Speaking of princess dressup, I'm so disappointed that the tanking gear you get from the Dravarian Forelands is Weaver-gear.

That set is actually insanely good

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

pandaK posted:

I was more looking for a guide on how to get the base program to work. I have ACT up in admin mode and with the FFXIV plugin that it came with, but it's still not parsing anything.

Add an exception to your firewall or disable parsing from network data

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

If you try and defend the tab-targeting in this game then I can only assume you've never played another MMO before because holy poo poo it's awful

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

So is the Amber Draught Chocobo a two-person flying mount?

Nope. Don't make the same mistake I did.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lalafell are extreme garbage and I don't trust anyone who plays one.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

nuru posted:

Why do you always seem so mad about fates?

They're really boring.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

The tanks seem kinda same'y as well.

They aren't.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

quote:

We've been receiving requests to be able to instantly reach the maximum amount of Chakra stacks while not in battle; however, having an ability that would allow for this between fights in dungeons and such would be much too strong, so we’re still in the midst of making adjustments.

This is so bizarre to me. How is what happens outside of combat a power issue?

quote:

First we will be making adjustments to the effect duration and effect potency of Greased Lightning.

This though I hope is for the better; Monks could use a little push atm.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Trial roulette is a deathtrap because if you get Ravana or even Bismark or Garuda you will probably wipe a couple times. It's not worth the slight chance of getting Westwind imo.

Who the gently caress wipes to Garuda?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Who cares :effort:

No, really, who cares.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well I got ACT installed, followed the directions from that reddit page and while the overlay works in game. No data is actually parsed. Tried clearing encounters, reinstalling, letting the app through my firewall. All that.

Guess I'll continue to live in ignorance of my lovely dps :effort:

Disable parsing from network data

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

KaneTW posted:

Small butts > big butts tho

you are an incredible font of bad opinions

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

EvilTaytoMan posted:

It is slightly annoying that you can only play one non poo poo card against NPCs while they can use as many as they like.

This changes once you get 30 and then 60 cards; the restrictions aren't removed entirely, but they're dramatically loosened

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ilifinicus posted:

LFR was cata

LFR was 4.3, the extreme tail end of cataclysm; prior to that, nothing was really handed out "on a silver platter" or whatever

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Doing three hundred fates in Western La Noscea for that goddamn atma of the crab was pretty garbage though

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

khy posted:

Tried the test. Hit 20 but, I dunno. I never hit the point where the game drew me in to the point where I'd want to buy it. Maybe endgame raiding would have been better or maybe it's because so much content was quest-locked for me ( I never did get the chocobo ), I don't know. I tried all the basic classes and found them all so generic. Maybe the jobs would have been more interesting but since trial characters are limited to 20, I never got to find out. Paying $60 only to realize that it just isn't clicking for me didn't seem appealing.

The game gets progressively better as you go along; the first twenty levels are still part of what is essentially a giant tutorial. I don't really blame you for not being hooked by that point.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

AST is the only class I have at 60. So yeah, I'm going to queue as AST. Not going to level and gear a DPS just so I can not slightly inconvenience pubbies.

I fish in diadem. I don't need to be with others to gather. In fact, I prefer my gathering to be a solo activity where I don't have to interact with others.

Treating other people and their problems as though they neither exist nor matter seems like a pretty unhealthy way to play this game

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Because it's an effortless one-button press and might make things go a little quicker so why not?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The first OF quote that's absolutely true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

petcarcharodon posted:

Sometimes you get it in /shout.

Look at this scrub-tier second-person perspective poo poo

• Locked thread