Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mordiceius posted:

Just a heads up if anyone is sitting on a mountain of money they want to get rid of: I'm going to be selling my medium personal house (Goblet Ward 1, Plot 12). It's right next to the PBC/DGKK houses.

TPT should buy that out, but I think they like their renegade status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Diadem makes a lot of petty people really insecure about their elite video gamer status, it's the best content FFXIV has produced.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I hope Diadem is expanded every other patch.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mordiceius posted:

But how many perfect-statted Diadem items are people going to reasonably get?

And how is it any different from the randomness of having gear drop in Savage that you already have and can't make use of. There's an element of randomness in either drop method that can gently caress over a world first raid team.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Since when do goons give a poo poo about appeasing pubbies?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

cheetah7071 posted:

Remove crafting and gathering from every MMO

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It also had a note about fixing an issue that was causing the instance servers to crash, so maybe that's what was loving up queues so badly.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Gotta have that STR boost so we can finish this dungeon 2 minutes faster.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Drizvolta posted:

I too want extra health I'll never use instead of an easier time holding threat

*opens the Carnac envelope and reveals he had this answer written down all along*

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Klades posted:

I like how in two places, their temporary solution to "a thing is not displaying correctly in some circumstances" is "don't display that thing at all"

This is a perfectly valid solution if the information being displayed wrong isn't strictly necessary.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
How is ARF still not in a Duty Roulette? This baffles me. I understand "it doesn't drop gear" but how hard is that to fix? Hell I don't understand why it didn't drop gear in the first place either.

ARF is weird.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Agreed.

But I still couldn't live without /mdance or /hildy so it all works out.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
oh

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
You know the kinds of attacks to expect from bosses and you generally know that large pulls can dish out a lot of damage, so you know which cooldowns you're going to use for those situations.

You're not going to use every cooldown.

You don't know when your pubbie healer is going to faff off and forget they're playing an MMO momentarily, so you can use those other cooldowns as "panic buttons" to try and survive a little longer until they get their brains back.

This isn't a revolutionary concept.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Sure, if you want to be deliberately obtuse about it. We're clearly talking about when you're either learning content or when you're running with people you don't know in party finder or duty finder content.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Zaphod42 posted:

"I'm going to look through the ToS to see if this is GM abuse!" :goonsay:

That was some incredible projection.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

vOv posted:

It's always frustrating when I see someone parsing really low in a dungeon, because unless it's BLM (cast bars, plus it's my main) it's hard for me to tell them why.

If its low enough to matter, I usually just say "these aren't dying fast enough" and give an idea of how they can increase their dps by saying "didn't see a lot of blahblah ability effects going off, should try getting those in"

If you're CONSTRUCTIVE with your advice and not just "stop being poo poo dps", they usually don't get mad and are happy for the help.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

vOv posted:

Yeah, I also just don't know what any other DPS class's abilities look like. SMN is pretty easy, just look for dots and Ruin, but I have no clue about the melee DPSes.

also yeah if you're going to 'troll' people don't post a screenshot of you trying to insult the GM like a whiny baby

You don't actually HAVE to know, just have ACT running so you can see what they're not doing. That's how you tell them and not give away that you're using ACT.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Apparently the Hellsclaw hunt is busted on some servers. Not only is it spamming its knockback/stun combo on people, it's also functionally immortal because its hit points freeze around 60%, lmao.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It doesn't seem to be just Comcast. People are having problem on AT&T and Verizon FIOS and DSL too. Someone mentioned earlier it seems like a lot of folks traceroutes are showing timeouts when the packets hit Level 3 owned appliances, especially ones in Montreal.

HowStuffWorks posted:

The physical network that carries Internet traffic between different computer systems is the Internet backbone. In the early days of the Internet, ARPANET served as the system's backbone. Today, several large corporations provide the routers and cable that make up the Internet backbone. These companies are upstream Internet Service Providers (ISPs). That means that anyone who wants to access the Internet must ultimately work with these companies, which include:

UUNET
Level 3
Verizon
AT&T
Qwest
Sprint
IBM

The Internet itself is refusing FFXIV.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bj8vzqvNeI

Spoilers if you haven't gotten to Heavensward.

someone please dub Gay Bar over it

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

seiferguy posted:

Out of curiousity I went to a gilspam site just to see the prices. You can buy 200million gil for $360. You can also buy the glowing primal weapons or i180 crafting tools, each individually for $72 :stonk:

That makes 555,000 gil worth $1. That's absurdly overpriced, a goon will do this for the cost of the mats, which is around 300K.

They should be charging like 75 cents, tops.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Just mash overpower until you get to Longstop, then maybe try tossing in a defensive cooldown on bossfights .

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
"lucky"

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Every amazing efficient plan to game any relic step boils down to "have an absurd amount of expendable time".

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Mordiceius posted:

Out of curiosity - what would you guys like to see other than a generic answer of "more content"?

I'd like to see 3 dungeons in every new EXDR. Having only Fractal and Neverreap to do last patch was mind numbing and I'm already tired of only having Arboretum and Pharhard this time around. I'm just one person, I know, but I have no interest in LoV and would rather that time had been spent on an extra dungeon.

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 22, 2015

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

rio posted:

I subbed so that I can join the guild, registered on the forum etc. and looks like now I just need to get in one in game. Any difference between the three guilds? I'm closest to Mist so the third one looks like it will be the most straightforward of the three.

PBC and DGKK are basically indistinguishable.

TPT is cool for new players because they have a no spoiler policy and with the new folks joining the game, it might make things easier on you for getting content done.

That said, the cool kids are obviously in DGKK.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

dromal phrenia posted:

I know common wisdom was to get someone to send me the vendor poo poo from the new area once I hit 50, is that still true? If the old content gives me no gear upgrades and negligible exp, that's pretty stupid.

Old content will help unlock your daily Low Level and Level 50 Duty Roulettes, which will help your experience as you level, especially as a tank with short queue times. It also gives you all those nifty items that you can use for glamours, which is of course the true endgame.

Older content will also give you up to level 130 gear, but to be fair, that will only cover you until about level 54/55 before it starts wearing out. Still a nice boost, but you would also be perfectly fine using the i115 gear from the Heavensward vendors.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
That tater is all up in that goobue taint, good poo poo.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Unironically agree with everything about crafting and gathering. That poo poo only drags MMOs down.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Gearhead posted:

I am suddenly really, really amused by the concept of 'halfway' saving the world.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Kettlepip posted:

some nice drama happening on Excal right now:

http://imgur.com/a/a7P3P

I was in a Diadem with that Konata guy.

He was real bad at the game.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

seiferguy posted:

I think we're all avoiding the main issue in that you shouldn't be playing Paladin anyways :grin:

But seriously, if someone told me to equip fending, I'd just tell them I don't have any fending right side gear (even though I do, but only use it for pvp).

Vote kick this bad paladin

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Confirming, FFXIV goons are good people and will hook you up too.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
A new Warrior of Light, forged in flames.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
It's not even a remotely difficult title to get but I like running around as Stormlord. Sounds cool.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
I love DRK and all, but I've gone back to WAR because DRK is just such a pain in the rear end to play. It's got a ton of neat tricks, but I can get by without most of them. Having to manage the MP isn't terrible or anything, but why do that when I can play WAR and NOT manage MP? For WAR AOE, it's just "spam overpower, use some buffs". DRK AoE does more damage, but it's Salted Earth Blood Price AD DP AD AD AD AD C&S AD AD Soul Survivor AD, it's a hassle.

It's really drat satisfying when you pull it all off though. Like playing a piano, except you're a nerd and instead of making beautiful music, you wasted your life. Basically DRK is really cool, but I'm lazy as poo poo and WAR is really cool and easier work for better results.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
We did an item synched Cape Westwind for Brawn a couple weeks ago and hosed it up good. Goons rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Belzac posted:

Ravana is lame, stupid, garbage and has lovely music.

This is it. You've finally had the worst opinion.

• Locked thread