Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Cant wait to log in tomorrow and become a beautiful dragon/demon man.
e:

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Punchmans

:black101:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mazed posted:

My body is ready*

Is yours, Midgardsormr?

*this isn't true; I'm changing to Au Ra first

:hfive: Au Ra buddy. It was good being a Roe but it's time to change.

Anyone switching over hopefully made and saved their appearance in the benchmark program.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Friends and goons hyped the poo poo out of this game, so I bought it while it was on sale on Steam... last night right as the servers went down for an expansion. :saddowns:

Im not sure if that is the best or worst timing.

It's good timing because the expansion will make everything active as hell and there'll be a flood of goons on Excalibur (thought it might make character creation there a bit tricky tomorrow). If haven't used a friend code yet go to this thread and grab one to use on your account. :angel:

e: Remember that Excalibur's worth the effort to play on if you log in and it's not open for new character creation and end up having to make the character at an odd time of the morning/night.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 19, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Managed to get a few MSQ finished before one bugged out on me and now it's saying to talk to Mayota again while the MSQ marker is above someone else's head. Talking to anyone involved in the quest gives a blank text box and apparently I;m supposed to confirm something with one of the NPCs but it's impossible to do so and even using a controller I cannot confirm whatever the invisible line is.

Fun expansion! :suicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fat_Cow posted:

Ravana with pubs is a nightmare, jesus

Went fine for me when I ran it on Friday via DF. Cleared it without anyone wiping and I think only 1 guy had cleared it so far. :shrug:

Downtime posted:

Can finally get some rest!

Just gonna quote this (crazy motherfucker) for all the people who were giving me poo poo when I said there'd be level 60s well before EA ended.

Though I was talking about existing 50s like Chyea. Please tell me you didn't play non-stop without sleeping since the servers came up. :psyduck:

Downtime posted:

There are a few slivers left, its all good!

See this guy know's what's up and doesn't conform to those "keep your poo poo repaired so it doesn't break in Coil Ravana dungeons" ways, man.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Did Excalibur/Primal just poo poo itself?

e: Guess so. Some cutscenes are too awesome for the game to handle.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

gently caress we just figured all the S ranks would give ilevel 180 upgrades too, then server dies and RIP all the timers

So is the hunt TS starting back up or are people just using guildworks because everyone uses it now?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Come on Excalibur get back up already. :f5:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

You know what will bring the servers up faster? Posting about it here!

Let me sing you the song of its people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNPvUmQ56t0

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

They're slightly tougher than single leves, but you can solo them. They're worth about the same XP as 8 single leves, so they're more time-efficient but less allowance-efficient.

A lvl 54 temple leve was giving me under 100k xp total while normal ones were giving around 25k. All of them run at +1 level.

They just seem like a way to burn 100 allowances quickly.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Chyea posted:

Ravana EX down. Great fight but it's pretty buggy

Jesus Christ almost 12k hp on your monk. :eyepop:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

Thank you, crashed materia market, my Ragnraok is now ready for 3.1

It took me 7 loving Savage Might IVs to get the last one to stick, at 50% chance :argh: At least they all cost less than 50k each.

You're assuming the 3.0 will use the Zeta's stats?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

The lvling was alright in till I ran out of quests at lvl 55.

I'm 70% of the way to 59 and I still have some to finish up in different zones. I've run the vault a handful of times though. And LLDR/Trial when able. You missed a bunch of quests somewhere if you ran out at 55 I think.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mo0 posted:

Relic Quest 3.1 better involve flying and finding moogles hidden around the world that spawn once every seven hours for three minutes at a time to get Malachite Gems that you have to stick into an airship to get enough Aether to raise a stat by a point.

Yes please add the Miragent/Fenris armor set quests from Aion because this game really needs some excessively spergy bullshit like that.

Eimi posted:

Also bear in mind we never truly found out what started it. In that sure Thordan killed their sister, but why? I don't trust the white dragon's version any more than the churches. They didn't reveal everything and gotta give em props for that.

They did though. The Ishgardians found out that the eyes of the great wyrms basically held an obscene amount of power and they killed one and ate her, gaining her powers. Things spiraled from there.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Weissritter posted:

Seconding that holy poo poo on the final boss, it was glorious. :allears:

I want a hard mode of that fight so badly.

Zerilan posted:

Just got to 60 and finished MSQ on Monk. Really curious on how much some of the stuff will get used in endgame content, and the 58 move being a weaker invigorate feels slightly underwhelming even though it does mean I can have both, but form shift is amazing and elixir field gives us a little bit more aoe and has high enough potency to be good even on single targets.

Form Shift is a huge help in keeping stacks if you've just refreshed them and a boss is doing poo poo that makes them impossible to keep hitting, like when Minotaur dashes around at party members and in cases where timing just isn't on your side and you're going to lose stacks anyways you can at least use Tornado Kick to get a decent hit off before having to rebuild. People who go all in on mathing out the best openers and rotations to push content (Chyea?) will probably find a use for it there too.

The 58 skill definitely is underwhelming as hell. I'd rather it be a "burn 5 chakra to get GL3" since then you'd get to at least have the choice between Forbidden Chakra and that ability whereas right now there's no reason to use it unless you don't have invigorate, which you should because why would you not have invigorate (and B4B) unless you're a brand new player?

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah I gotta say a lot of the sidequests were frustrating and/or boring as poo poo, and there were so many of them and they each contributed so little to my XP bar. Fortunately that's all over with, but it's definitely not HW's strong suit.

The person who decided giving out 1/2 of the hinterlands quests 2-3 at a time, and making you run across the map for each, is an rear end in a top hat of the first degree.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Saigyouji posted:

I meant dungeon chests. The last MSQ healing chest is i139.

And at level 58 you can get a full set of i145 gear from side quests you're likely going to be running anyways. The chest is either given in a quest after the weapon or in a quest you can pick up at the same time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zerilan posted:

My enthusiasm for Monk's stuff's dropped off a good bit after playing it in dungeons.

Yeah the monk stuff has felt pretty underwhelming so far. It's nice to do 3.5k crits with forbidden chakra every now and then.

I like how they pre-nerfed tornado kick fron 500(?) potency because it was apparently worth using in a rotation at that level. God forbid monks be given an option to take a risk mid fight and not just try to make sure to fire the skill a GCD or 2 before the boss leaves and they'd lose stacks anyways.

At least we get to Kamehameha enemies every 30 seconds.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

bhsman posted:

That's what I'm saying: He refuses to progress on the 2.0 storyline (he's around the level 46 quests IIRC) before buying Heavensward, and he already has a level 50 character.

Your friend is an idiot and it's your duty as their friend to remind them of this.

sword_man.gif posted:

warriors can fell cleave for over 11k and they don't have to abuse a latency bug to do it

So what kind of DPS are you putting out as a WAR compared to the actual DPS classes in that group?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

So uh.

Apparently during "Hyper Electricity" weather in Azys La, coil bosses are spawning as unmarked boss FATEs. So far people have spotted The Avatar, Raff, and Melusine, youtube video is coming shortly.

I have no idea how to react to this.

Man I was joking in a Hunt group about how hilarious it'd be to have Avatar mechanics in the wild so that an A/S rank would wipe hundreds of people with Allagan Field but this is even better.

Thumbtacks posted:

well for starters there's what looks like Atma Weapon flying around for some reason

If we don't get the Floating Continent/FF6 stuff as the 24 man raid I'm going to be so pissed off.

We're going to get it. Power hungry Emperor and all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Eej posted:

60 Law for Cape Westwind is so good though.

Yesterday was the first time I've ever gotten Westwind for a trial roulette. :iia:

Aug posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to 60. I hit 60 Monday. Figuring out the bossfights for each dungeon was fun and challenging. It's not nearly as fun if everyone has an idea of what happens. Now I'm just gearing up so I can start leveling another class.

:agreed:

Burning through the MSQ during early access was fun in that regard and a ton of people leveling hard early on tend to be people who've cleared T13 and/or savage coil so even when you just used DF you ended up with competent party members who knew how to think fast.

And then you get to one of several fights that uses mechanics directly taken from coil boss fights and your party proceeds to stomp it in to the ground.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tarranon posted:

All these monks whining about how purification is useless unconsciously outing themselves as horrible non fracture users

Smgdh

Even using fracture more than I should I still don't need purification in any of the current fights even without a bard. With an AST buffing me I could see it being a problem without a bard or ninja. :shrug:

Boten Anna posted:

It's never really established where player characters are actually from, and that they're some kind of manifestation of the hopes and dreams of the people or something would make sense too

Except you, the MT, the WoL, are someone Louisoix teleported from the battlefield when Bahamut got free?

Opposing Farce posted:

Earlier in the thread somebody was talking about how they thought the post-credits scene was lame but the Ascians have an evil you on the moon and that's exactly the kind of ridiculous, hilarious twist I want to see in Anime MMO and I'm very excited.

My theory is that Trailer Hyur was actually the Warrior of Darkness all along.

Can't be though, because they're very clearly used in things like the opening video of the WoL going to Ishgard with Tataru and Alphinaud. The WoD is just an evil clone of the generic WoL. Maybe that'll change because having an evil clone you to fight would be kinda cool.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Does anyone have any leveling advice for Heavensward content? I started hitting a real wall at the latter end of 55 on my SCH, and I would honestly rather have all of my toenails pulled out than spam leves or something. I have TONS of rested and have been fairly diligently doing sidequests.

Switch to SMN and murder your sidequests then swap back to SCH for super short queues to farm dungeons? I just punched things until they stopped moving unless they threw :words: and EXP at me for collecting punching bear asses and whatnot.

What do you mean by a wall? At 55 you shouldn't be running out of sidequests unless you run each dungeon once and ignore daily roulette bonuses for whatever reason.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Yo so that final loving trial, huh

I want a Hard version in 3.1 and then EX version of it in 3.3 or 3.4 so badly.

Vermain posted:

Boy, was my heart ever loving racing when the other tank got dual Braver'd. I cannot wait for the Hard version of it.

The knights used Bladedance (LB2), not Braver (LB1). :ssh:

Hopefully if we get a hard version they'll use Final Heaven, meaning you'll need to soak both with Holmgang/Hallowed Ground/Living Dead. :black101:

Rei_ posted:

I'm really feeling the ilevel hit in the ex dungeons though, luckily tomes fall out of the drat sky right now due to all the first time bonuses and lack of a proper cap. I already grabbed my weapon and a bunch of 160 gear, and now I guess I'll work on left side gear.

You can also buy i150 gear from a vendor if you can't greed on all accessories and manage to hit i145 via caster jewelry like I did, since you can put on the lower ilvl stuff once inside the dungeon. Saving for your weapon goes by fast too. Especially if you don't waste your duty roulettes on xp when you know you'll hit 60. 100 for HLDR, another 100 for LLDR, 60 for Trial. You'll have your weapon by the time you unlock EXDR thanks to your own newbie bonus and unless you skipped a ton of Hinterland quests just having a tomestone weapon with all that 145 gear will have you sitting well enough for EXDR Fractal farming.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Remember to check what your gear needs for its upgrades, kids.

Because the loving belt uses accessory upgrade items now and you don't want to waste 300 seals on an armor upgrade item you won't use because your belt's your last left side upgrade. :shepicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

Oh god I just finished up the Aery after grinding up to Level 55 using sidequests in the Mists and... now I have to do a bunch more loving sidequests here to hit level 56? :negative:

at least I might be able to fly, christ

Are people ignoring Roulettes or what? I hit 60 during early access and only getting to 59 had any noticeable grind since I hit low/trial roulette each day and HLDR once before I realized the XP from it was poo poo and worse than just hitting FATEs while questing. Unless you know you'll hit 60 today the first thing people leveling should do is a trial roulette because it's 5 minutes for a big chunk of XP.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

dreffen posted:

Wait, really?

Did you really think the absurd amount of ASOIAF references in ARR were all purely coincidence? Hell in 3.0 you have Dusk Vigil full of Castle Black and Night's Watch (oh and don't forget the ice zombie enemies) references specifically. In 2.0 you had things like Sppokycroft's boss using Red Wedding as an attack which was kinda neat, but the aforementioned area and its references are on a whole new level.

Though the use of Tactics Ogre gearsets just makes me want an Ogre Battle event/dungeon/raid even more. You could even give each class an outfit from a major character. PLD can use either Destin or Lans, BLM is Warren, NIN is Vice, DRK is Lans Tartare...etc.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Rei_ posted:

wait really?

The i160 stuff is all Tactics Ogre class gear. The weapons are Baldur weapons. I'm not huge on the MNK outfit's giant boots and shorts but tanks get to be goddamn Terror Knights :black101:

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Also the term lord commander, both in that dungeon and Ishgard. Not to mention a bunch of book poo poo I've seen pop up: "much and more", "little and less" and even goddamn "nuncle" in a story quest. Gonna poo poo myself if a "where do whores go" reference appears.

e: oh yeah, the DV boss also has a move called Winds of Winter. lol GURM will die before that book is finished

Yeah that place is easily the most heavily ASOIAF-filled part of FFXIV.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

This is my favorite dungeon theme in 3.0 by far and I could just as easily see it used in a game like SR: Dragonfall. Especially at around 0:52 in the link.

The final battle music is amazing and probably fights Corpse Hall for my favorite theme overall.

Intoluene posted:

Just leave it. You get handed an equivalent to a Zodiac or dreadwyrm at 56. The zenith will be fine for doing 2.0-2.55 story with.

Getting an i120 poetics weapon will be on par with 3.0 rewards until 54-55 and an i130 ironworks would still be fine until 58, when the sidequests pretty much throw an entire i145 HQ set at you unless you're weird and don't do any quests for xp.

Doublestep posted:

I really hope Azys Lla becomes more than just a token visit from 59-60

It's going to have the 24 man raid and if some of those other locations aren't future dungeons I'd be shocked. There's also Pray Online which hopefully I'll actually see pop someday. :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If you run out the timer on three separate groups on easy content everyone else one-shots, have you considered that the problem might be you?

Even bad (non-healer) players can't wipe 7 above average people in the story primal fights unless actively trying to do so

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

I am losing my loving goddamn mind over how amazingly cool the final MSQ trial is :stonklol:

Mechanics question though: At one point I was maintanking the two knights and I just got loving exploded from 12k to dead. Think it was Holy Bladedance or something. Did I just get limit break'd? What do you do about that?

Split the knights and don't tank both. Or you can try using hallowed/holmgang/living dead but IDK if their bladedance is one of the hits that can ignore it. I'm guessing they're fine since the Bardmode version of that fight will almost certainly require the tank(s) to use immunity to survive their LBs.

In the story fight you can also likely survive it as a tank with regular cooldowns like Vengeance.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Jia posted:

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

But we unlock Kamehameha Elixir Drive long before then. :confused:

Sendo posted:

This was so loving great. It was hilarious just completely destroying everyone, I had ACT running at the time and finished the battle at like 4k DPS.

Critical hits on Forbidden Chakra with B4B and IR resolve up basically explodes an unlucky mook. :getin:

abraham linksys posted:

The Notched Bone quests in Idyllshire is one of the worst shaggy dog questlines I've ever seen in an MMO, goddamn

e: all of these side quests are making me long for the moogles, in fact

That's hands down the worst part of the expansion for me so far.

"Hey do these quests 1-2 at a time. The destination? Why they're as far away as possible, just like the previous and followup quests!"

e:

vOv posted:

Final trial mechanics question: At the end of the giant KotR sequence, there's some attack that tries to push you out of the center. Does getting knocked away actually do anything, or is it just to make a bit harder to stand in Sacred Soil?

I think you have to stack for the final hit otherwise it's a wipe. I've never seen a run where people intentionally don't make sure to stack in the center for it though.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Doublestep posted:

The dps check is already a joke. My static is in mostly Library gear and we cleared it in a few attempts

PF is an exercise in abuse. Finding a pair of competent tanks is far harder than finding DPS who aren't completely awful (though it's still a challenge).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Gearhead posted:

The one I'm wondering about is what the hell Primal is Onyx Carbuncle a counterpart to?

Ifrit probably, since there isn't an attacker carbuncle counterpart for him yet.

Kanfy posted:

I never had a big issue with the moogle quests since you can fly for most of them and moogles are great. That said that one quest where you have to clear out bird nests in Zenith and the moogle specifically tells you the birds make their nests up high, only for it to turn out that the one remaining nest I looked for for half an hour was actually on the ground was a gigantic dick move. :colbert:

gently caress that quest and the intentional mislead. I only figured to check the ground because there was literally no other place it could've been after wasting 10 minutes or so checking every nook and cranny.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

fadam posted:

I already have a class at 60, I'm leveling a scholar from 0 but I have zero gear for it and idk how to gear him to start doing HW stuff now that I'm out of side quests.

You could scrape by with i130 stuff like ironworks as long as you get a better weapon from Vault and probably library. You rparty would probably hate you for being i130 in Library though and you'll still end up having to get up to i145 for the lvl 60 dungeons but that shouldn't be too bad if you're stockpiling law tomestones.

Or you can buy/craft stuff at 56/58.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Thumbtacks posted:

At least one of those NPCs is a spoiler.

In Sea of Clouds when you have to help the useless younger brother my client was bugged and it was telling me to go speak to Matoya instead of him. Pretty sure she was mentioned in a live letter or some other stream as well.

Thumbtacks posted:

So I'm working on the MCH guide on ffgoons and so far I have made a very helpful flowchart so if you ahve any questions let me know so i know what to add

Your chart doesn't include "use LB because Wildfire counts its damage as well" so you might want to fix that unless SE finally removed the Wildfire+LB thing.

I wonder how abused that RavanaEX issue was because auto-attack only would be pretty quick weapon farming. :stare:

pksage posted:

It's a bit of a stretch, but (3.0 post-credits spoilers) given that at least one Ascian and the Warrior(s) of Darkness are on the moon, it seems reasonable we could go there in MSQ or even as part of the 3.x 24-man raid.

The 24 man raid is almost guaranteed to be FF6 related. The Goddess Statues are sitting right on top of the entrance to ARF as well[ and the tower they're surrounding looks like it's actually a containment structure, complete with Definitely Not Kefka's wings sticking out in one spot.

More importantly, a FF6 raid dungeon means we might get FF6 character outfits as class gear from one of the dungeons. :dance:

Ethiser posted:

I got my first class to 50 last week and the person who decided you had to beat all the patch quests to get to the expansion needs to be fired. I'm fine doing the trials and dungeons they added, those are fun, but all the fetch quests are maddening.

I'd love to see their metrics for how many new players get to the Leviathan quests and just say "gently caress it" and quit because that's easily the worst 2.0-2.55 stretch because it brings back memories of the god awful Tidus never-ending quest chain.

Jia posted:

Monk is actually the most fun class by far, gently caress the people who just want to stand still and hit three buttons

:agreed:

Though it is nice that DRK makes it so groups aren't required to have a MNK for damage reduction in raids. Leveling my WAR it feels far more powerful early on than my MNK did. Though leveling a MNK is loving painful because our DPS without positional boosts is garbage.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

the best part about 1.0 is the 1.0 diehards

"In which game is the character doing specials and not attacking."

Someone never played FFT beyond Chapter 1.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I hate cutscenes where someone I like dies, right beside my AST or WHM, minutes after I was healing other grievous wounds.

I can buy that the magical light spear is beyond normal wounds but the whole "valiant hero blocks deadly attack with shield until shield breaks and kills them because they didn't shift their weight to deflect the attack in to the ground next to them" is a really loving stupid trope. He's not blocking some WoL-seeking missile. Shifting slighting and tilting his shield would end up with the spear either striking empty ground next to him or maybe stabbing him off to the side in a way that's less likely to be fatal.

But that wouldn't let them kill off Ishgardian Jon Snow in a heroic fashion so...

Gammatron 64 posted:

No, but I do think the Ishgardians are huge loving assholes, though. Ishgard reminds me a lot of San d'Oria. I didn't like San d'Oria. Windurst was the best, magic science midget supremacy.

Ishgardians are elves. Elves being racist assholes is right up there with "fantasy setting includes ruins of ancient super advanced civilization" in terms of common tropes.

pksage posted:

Given that Bismarck EX is a series of DPS checks -- easy ones, in fact, at that gear level -- this is one of those times where it's 100% OK to run a parser and call out the bad DPS in voice chat.

It's also worth making sure the second DK is fired quickly so that the last add is dying as Bismarck's reeled in. That way everyone's rushing the carapace with little to no combat downtime. MNKs not rebuilding stacks, BLM maybe being in astral still...etc, and saving cooldowns for it. A lot of PF groups I tried running with I'd see people blowing all their damage cooldowns on the adds and then wonder why the carapace survived at 15-20% hp (other than them being terrible players). When I finally cleared it recently with goons it was dumb just how easy things went compared to the random groups I'd been trying it with.

If a group has a bunch of i170+ players and everyone's using their i180 weapon there's no reason not to one-shot the carapace at the start. If a group lacks the DPS to one-shot the carapace odds are they'll probably fail the next DPS check unless a bard or machinist can LB2 both adds and nobody fucks up.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

This happens when you die. I wouldn't kill Odin I guess.

Don't worry, nobody's killing Odin in 3.0 right now. :supaburn:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I don't really understand why they care. I ran a few DDs to unlock Arum Vale grinding to 50 and honestly if someone wants to tolerate an absurd amount of tedium to level quickly I don't know why stopping them matters.

I can't understand why SE would want people to play the new content instead they worked on of poopsocking a dungeon grind to 60 and blitzing the MSQ. :iiam:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Square wants people to buy Heavensward and if you think they really care what happens afterwards beyond making the game better so more people buy Heavensward you're delusional

This will shock you, but game designers actually do want people to use the content they created and "OH gently caress MUST MAX SALES" isn't their problem to worry about.

Gearhead posted:

It's not a matter of it being someone sitting down with a calculator and figuring out optimal XP per hour either. FATE XP in HW areas really is just bad. A fraction of a quest's worth of XP and noticeably more difficult to clear than ARR zone FATEs.

N Than is also really loving tiny compared to any HW zone so you get to FATEs quicker.

rock2much posted:

I was wondering how much time was supposed to have passed btwn that fight and the end of the MSQ because is Estinien just going to wear that bloody armor for ever?

Why wouldn't they? Dragoons basically exist to fight against Nidhogg and his horde so having your armor stained with Nidhogg's blood is some very "use the blood of my enemies as a warpaint trophy" thing. Even when if he'd have gotten the armor repaired/reforged the odds of him not wanting that blood infused in to the armor if at all possible is zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Want to know something amusing? The recent WoW content patch is their last content patch until the next expansion. The next expansion has not even been announced.

It's ok I'm sure Blizzard is ready to fire as many people as they need to when millions quit before the next expansion in late 2016.

KoB posted:

More importantly, Deus Ex crossover please.

Like shades that retract with /visor
Robot arm gloves

Apparently the FFRK mobile game is going to get a FF14 event so maybe we'll end up with a Prof. Mog and Tyro minion+outfit here. We've had Dragon Quest events but they need to give us some hero outfits. As great as the Thug Mug and Slime King Crown are I'd love to get the DQ3 fighter's outfit for my monk or the Erdrick/Zenithia stuff as cosmetics.

Kwyndig posted:

Yes. If you get the last ending to Nier it erases your save data and makes a note in the game's config save preventing you from ever making a dude with the same name.

This is awesome for the wrong (yet hilarious) reasons.

• Locked thread