Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Reminder heads up.

■Estates Subject to Removal
Type: private estate
World: Excalibur
Plot: Plot 12, 1 Ward, The Goblet
Removal Date: 2015-12-25 10:00:00 (PST)

A Delve house?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kuvo posted:

hoary boulder is back this is the best patch

also uhhhhh

Sorry about your slashfic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm a PLD in VIT so this patch was a buff for me! :haw:

Same, it became increasingly obvious as Heavensward went on that they were tuning damage around VIT builds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

you're not buying a room in the fc house without doing them since you need to be max rank in your gc to do that

Just get some goons to faceroll through them with level sync turned off. I did that last night for AV after switching companies.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I want to replay the Hildibrand questline. The cutscenes just aren't enough.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

redstormpopcorn posted:

Doing the Ishgard line after completing the DRG50 quest nets you a couple of extra dialogue lines that, in retrospect, sound kind of suspicious.

He'll be all "yeah, I was pretty hosed up with anger at the time, I'm trying to get it under control," and refer to you as an Azure Dragoon in a couple cutscenes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Thunk posted:

Avast.

Took a few tries to get the launcher to download everything, but it's working now.

Avast has been poo poo for ages. I had to dump it in favor of MSE because it started using a ton of CPU power every time Steam updated a game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The live letter said they were thinking of putting the Chinese exclusives on the Mog Store if enough people want them. I'd assume they'd do that for the promo stuff eventually.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What in the sam hell is this

Also, :shittydog:

It's Gerolt's ultimate kettle, using the knowledge he and Jalzahn gained from creating the Zodiac. There's also a weapon version for Monks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leal posted:

Isn't there a class like that on Age of Wushu?

Beggar. Chug wine and puke on people until they get drunk.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It was actually listed as open as of the last update. Just keep trying.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

As I was telling people last night, with Levi EX, yo, you need to freaking slow your roll post 51%. Otherwise he just pushes through three mechanics, phase changes, and you die.

Getting people to ease up on their DPS? Surprisingly hard. Telling them to just stop DPS entirely, much easier.

There's a reason why farm parties of it tend to go with 5 or 6 people instead of 8 these days.

It's easy enough synced to 50 that running it unsynced just overcomplicates it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What happened China? You used to be cool.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Leofish posted:

:cryingWHMsymbol:

:healqq:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

ruta posted:

I often debate turning my elf lady into a elf man, but ultimately always chicken out. I don't see a lot of elezen love in this game.

Every so often, though, I look in party finder on my server and see someone looking specifically for a male elezen dragoon for I don't even know what reason. I really think curiosity will get the better of me one day...

Maybe they just miss Estinien and want to hang out with the Azure Dragoon again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

:wtf: Balmung. Although now I'm wondering what the hell you even call the fetish in this one.

Uh, they're called Primals in this one, not Guardian Force.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Potato Jones posted:

Thordan is a Greatest Hits compilation, not an actual album.

T9 is the best fight.

Yeah, Thordan was a clever way to show off raid mechanics to people who'll never go inside CT or Coil.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I prefer the new system for actual gathering; it's the perfect way to catch up on podcasts, just load up an episode and keep running in circles and clicking while listening.

seiferguy posted:

LotA is my favorite content now. Pull off a successful bone zone or get the iron golems to walk across the fire and chat is guaranteed to be screen shot worthy.

Tanking Lab has always been my favorite part of the game. I love chiding the other alliances for ignoring bone zone mechanics or bragging about how our healers and I are able to lavatank Vassago.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They converted it into nodules for the anima.

Deep Blue Awakened

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Powerbot 5000

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also PLD players stop spamming flash. Hit it once when you first grab a pack and then start spreading around your enmity combo.

Flash is useful for keeping aggro on a medium sized pack of monsters to make sure one of them doesn't get peeled off between combos. 1-2-3, flash, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, flash. This also helps conserve TP for shield bashes and lobs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RIP 3.2 cash flows.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pray return to Waking Sands.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Suitaru posted:

Actually, you can, I think it's /macrocancel :eng101:

Still shouldn't use macros except in rare cases though. I sometimes use a Berserk macro to remind my raid's healers when Pacification is coming up (my kingdom for a bard with warden's paean) and there is nothing as annoying as hammering that poo poo five times, starting the chat part of the macro, but not actually doing the loving Berserk :argh:

That's why I gave up macros soon after I started.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Technogeek posted:

It doesn't fit. Have you actually seen that mount? It's hideous. I for one will not do the event and will actually blacklist anyone i see with that mount or any of the pokemon out.

I've been waiting for this since the announcement.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Kinda disappointed in the way this patch is looking unless the trailer really blows me away, I know the dragons are central to the Ishgard/Heavensward plot but killing the same ones in the same places over and over while making little to no progress in the story is getting tiresome. Watch them kill off another character or do another depressing end to the quests, too, they seem to be channeling Game of Thrones for the last few patches.

They should read some different fantasy, as long as it's not Wheel of Time.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

The biggest question I have about the next patch is whether people are going to be idiots and call the raid VA2 or not.

Who am I kidding, that's not a question at all.

I'd say M2, since they're both Mhachi.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tanking does have its rewards, like the mounts or the satisfaction of watching people freak out when you tank Labyrinth and Crystal Tower bosses somewhere else than the usual location.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

When I get back from vacation next week I want to try and actually get a coil clear; it's been hard getting a group with a lot of the regular players on break until 3.3.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I've already gone from 18 ARC to 25 grinding medals. Yokai event is a great excuse to dust off unused classes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I like how the Yokai quest starts with an NPC saying they're ruining his Verminion experience and he's quitting the game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Truga posted:

Don't eliminate classes. Instead do more splits like sch/smn, because that poo poo owns.

I wouldn't mind having SAM be a Gladiator job, there are already a ton of samurai-looking swords.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hamsterlady posted:

You know if they did anything like that there would be an optimal subjob to pick and anyone who picks the wrong one will be 20% less effective than the people who picked the right one.

The people who would tend to be already.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Is coil steamrollable unsync'd yet? I'd like to clear it before 3.4 drops with as little time commitment to learn the mechanics as possible.

Yes, just did it last night.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They really need to reexamine the HW DRG skills because Wheeling Thrust is pure garbage and serves no purpose beyond needlessly complicating the rotation.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Failboattootoot posted:

Hell yeah wanna own this tree

Also whew, really dodged a bullet by being a lazy-rear end and not going on a fish catching spree since the list of aquariaumable fish is tiny. Still hyped for it though!

I had a ton of tri-color carp saved for some inexplicable reason (probably GC turnins) which is great because koi are the best fish so I'm already finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7a32uMSl0

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It was an ok dungeon. I liked the gremlins' debuff that could be cleansed with an emote.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd play a Tactics Moogle race or Tonberries.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The wait is killing me, I just want to get the land grab over with and go to bed.

October Revolution posted:

Thanks for the link, I've totally not been refreshing it over and over :f5:

oh poo poo it's anima http://i.imgur.com/nIjKpku.png

The hottest Final Fantasy mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mist #2, Ward 8. :feelsgood:

• Locked thread