Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Kaldaris posted:

Is that even true? Don't you just need the expansion to access the new classes?

You have to have cleared 2.55.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I was spamming my magitek cannon at the Ishgard gate last night and I forgot to teleport back to the goblet before the servers went down, I hope I don't end up in some sort of overcrowded zone purgatory when I try to log in tomorrow. :ohdear: Also kind of regretting preordering off Amazon since it looks like I won't even get the code so I can download the HW update until tomorrow.

I'm thinking about finally getting CNJ up to whatever level gets my SCH stoneskin now that you get a 100% experience bonus. I can't wait to be that guy pulling all the new classes queued for LLDR into Tam Tara and Sastasha

CCH/CMH/the other one are going to have 3 instances of each zone for a bit.

e:f;b

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Rincewind posted:

So were they just deposited at the beginning of the MSQ at 50 and forced to level-sync their way through the whole thing?

I did the entire 2.0 MSQ as a level 50 PLD in full AF.

I had everything from 1.0 combat-related except ARC at 50, it took me a long time to pick everything up.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

nene. posted:

Is it 1 more hour and then we are back?

Tenatively, yes.

This is an expansion launch so be ready for anything, really.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I've got MCH to 36 now, and I'm wondering, does anything on the way up ever really change the fundamental "1-2-3 with random chance of not getting 2 or 3 if ammo's on cooldown" thing? It's not really grabbing me at all, despite the allure of turrets at 40.

MCH basically lines up all of their 90s cooldowns to do stupid huge burst damage with Wildfire if their ability list is anything to go by.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Honestly I think it's more that I'm not used to doing such low damage after being omni-50 for so long, it's kinda killing the hype buzz. :v:

I'm also sorta waiting to make judgement because MCH is incredibly backloaded with some of their bigger skills.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

holy loving poo poo dude

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I'm glad to know my impeccable talent of picking the most worthless classes in games continues

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Demicol posted:

Who cares, play what you think is most fun.

This is a case of "does like 35% less than any other DPS in the game"

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

DizzyBum posted:

Where's the data on this being posted? I'm planning to main MCH come hell or high water and I'd like to know what I'm in for.

Also, if it's that much of a problem, then the dev team will know it and buff the gently caress out of them come 3.1.

It's still kind of vague but there's enough reports of MCH falling behind pretty badly in parses from several cases in different places.

I can also sorta speak from experience, I've had several situations where I was just stuck spamming my first attack for a good 10+ attempts while waiting for CDs.

Reco fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 22, 2015

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I've been looking up information on this because I'm at school and bored between classes, and some people are saying that you need to get gauss barrel before you can really judge MCH DPS because it's a big game changer, which is to be expected. The problem with that is that right now gauss barrel is a dps decrease because you trade about 30% of your dps in AAs for 20% increased damage on abilities. I'm not great at math, though, so maybe it really does even out at some point. Maybe you can drop guass barrel after dropping dots and your ammunition combo with some cooldowns and then put it back on when you've gotten a proc and your ammo back?

Also you still need to have balanced damage in low level content because they want everyone to be regularly going back and doing old content, so having a dps just be lovely at everything before 52 isn't cool. Last night I did a stone vigil run that took more than 45 minutes to finish with two Machinists. We didn't wipe on anything, and I wasn't pulling any differently than I do for other groups that take in the neighborhood of 30 minutes or so. It's been pretty consistent across all of the lower level dungeons that I've done for DRK that having a machinist in the group means the dungeon will take an extra 5-10 minutes, and having two of them guarantees it'll take an extra 15 or so. DRK feels like it's doing about the damage of a WAR, but even if I was just spamming flash for threat and doing no damage at all it wouldn't account for that much extra time.

On the other hand, DRK is baller as hell, definitely an A++ would roll again class.

Funnily enough, I gave up on MCH at level 52 because my damage kept continuing to fall off even after getting Gauss Barrel. I cleared the Halatali quest in about half of the amount of time on 51 DRG that it took for me to make it to the end on MCH and die.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Fire I at least does damage.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

mightygerm posted:

quote:

If I wanted to play a class that was forced to stand still and cancel casts, I'd play a loving BLM.

Ah, yes, the class that is now exactly identical to BLM in every single way. It is now literally BLM, in every single function and skill that it uses.

I sure wish I could turn off Minuet but oh well!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

mightygerm posted:

But regardless of all that, you can't deny that the Bard playstyle has basically taken a 180 from what it was in ARR. You surely realize that saying ' but just dont use the 50+ skills!!!' is a dumb argument.

The amount of times I stopped and thought "man, I'm sure glad I was able to move" as BRD are very little. I dunno if that's because I didn't do ridiculous progression raiding but I really never felt like it was a huge plus for the class. I dunno!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Same retainer.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

The Wanderer's Shadow :colbert:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

So it turns out Balmung matches the CT tank set, which I've always liked for its dumb goofy charm. May need to fix the hair but the haircut I like clips through the back of the armor, which makes me sad.

Oh, you finished it after I ran off to be a sadsack! Yay :)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

MSDR oddly has a ton of idiots/assholes for some reason though

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Resists aren't a mechanic that matter in this game outside of like raid content with enemies that have shields for a type of damage

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Where do you get Au Ra starting gear if you use a fantasia?

Same guy you turn items into for crafting leves in the main cities.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Starting crafting from 0 is the fuckin aggro crag of ffxiv.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Has there been any word on a post 2.0 and 3.0 soundtrack release? I have the first two, but that's still a ton of missing content.

Post-2.0's soundtrack is coming out later this year

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

Like I already said, classes don't have to be 100% exactly like they are in single-player FF. Look at how they combined bard and archer into one class, or how black mages have a spell cycle with unlimited MP. If things were the way you think they'd be with red mage, then scholar would be a dps class that hits enemies with their books, with no pets or healing or damage spells. The weapon thing is a complete non-issue when they could just give red mages their own weapon type, like rapiers.

I think something along the lines of Elementalist would probably be neater for a RDM class.

Or hell, DRKs show their magic side of things with a few dark attacks here and there but a lot of it is infused into their standard attacks and such. RDM as some weird Fencer-Mystic Knight thing would be kinda neat.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

I used to be a king!

Weird, I thought RDM was an MP vending machine

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Rei_ posted:

lmao if this is the alexander boss theme it isnt at all what i expected and it's pretty incredible

This also sound like a potential candidate.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

With the new Ninja changes, how hosed am I if I have a bit of lag? I'm trying to decide between Ninja and Monk, and I'm not sure which one I want to go with...Ninja looks super fun but if I play ninja I have to deal with other people who ALSO play ninja, and those people are always terrible.

Mudras are still workable, but you'll lose a little bit of DPS when it comes up because you'll have some hangtime on the GCD while doing your inputs. It's 100% playable but slowmudra feels like crap compared to what you're actually supposed to be able to do.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I did it, you guys

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

bonewitch posted:

Considering they're on Alex according to their quests, I'm assuming they just spammed leves and turnins to 50 without ever unlocking the class

Yeah, I unlocked everything back in 1.0 and never picked up the craft quests so I pretty much just did leves the entire time.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

So, uh...

Tam-Tara Deepcroft Hard :stare:

The best thing in the game :allears:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Warrior of light shakes their head at their dps and walks off in shame

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I agree, it's not really AF2 unless it's a random drop from a raid that takes several hours and 3 alliances

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

You seem to have misspelled level 3 melee limit break.

The NIN LB3 is my favorite thing about choosing to play NIN

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

It's not a 1.0 video without the party comp being 50%+ Black Mages

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

DGKK is the cool place for cool people

except me, I'm lame as hell

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Behold, the hundreds of thousands of polygons flowerpot

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I mean none of that is wrong

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

It's been so long since I've seen my 2dads

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Niton posted:

Aside from Quicksand, what other battle themes were there?

TBS

La Noscea

Mor Dhona used the battle theme that you hear during boss fights in stuff like halatali hard (the final boss theme in that dungeon was phase 2 of levequests)

Coerthas used Pennons Aloft which plays in a lot of story fights in 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Doublestep posted:

i want black shroud's battle theme and i want it now

• Locked thread