Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farg
Nov 19, 2013
lets get ready to smash the dragon!Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Are there any goons on sarg?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

biopanda posted:

YES! Valicious Crisu IGN
There's one other goon that I know of, but it's pretty much devoid of goons. You in an FC? I started one if need one.

Grant Farglen IGN. I can't add you because your not online because SE's friend system is garbage, but i'll be on all night if you wanna add me. I'm in GHOST. Been with them since beta as an officer since it sprung out of my home forum

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

what the gently caress crafting is complicated

i thought it was just like wow crafting, namely really stupid and boring and dumb

yeah, turns out its like, mad crazy. no joke

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

I've yet to see an MMO make crafting not-retarded. Maybe I'll look into it here, too.
oh cool. our crafting isn't retarded, but it is in fact terrifying. a monstrous, nightmarish mountain

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

MG42 posted:

Realized you can wear Disciple of the Land/Hand on every class.

What Egi have you been using for the current endgame content?
Ever since Radiant Shield got buffed, I've been exclusively using Ifrit.
I like the higher damage and aoe abilities for add heavy fights.

Haven't really used Garuda since Heavensward, but I suppose Tri-Disaster and Contagion have nice synergy.

Wait Wait what? So I can be a chef with an axe? Tell me I can make this glamour dream true

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Belzac posted:

Good job not reading poo poo and being brain dead. Yeah they work so close with them that they had to rename a boss cause they forgot that the EN localization already used that name. Such close work they do.

anecdotal evidence doesn't fly, fool.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Belzac posted:

What? Are you for real? Is it ancedotal if Koji himself wrote a post about it explaining the gently caress up in detail? That's like saying a confession is anecdotal.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/178311-The-Sad-Tale-of-Phlegethon-and-Acheron

look up the definition of anecdotal

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Mikemo Tyson posted:

So this may come across as lazy but which jobs have the least amount of buttons to push? I had bad burns on my hands that resulted in skin grafts a few years back and have trouble moving them like the Pro-Gamer XXL that I used to be. I've been leveling a Lancer to become a Dragoon and having fun with a controller but targeting on the controller is starting to feel pretty lovely when I'm surrounded by mobs in dungeons. I don't want to switch back over to using a keyboard and being a "LOLDRG" who is garbage that can't pull off all the combos.

MNK

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I really need to buckle down and kill bismarck before I get left behind in the dust like in 2.X, I know all the poo poo but I keep tanking for groups that can't pass phase 1

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
but wait do you guys believe in me too

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
So if I Only did EXDR, it would take 6 days to cap esoterics? What if I threw in frontlines and trials? Or even just extra EXDR runs?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Does anyone know how many esoterics an expert dungeon gives without the daily bonus?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm assuming for WAR the optimal path will be weapon > chest > legs since the Alex normal versions of those are poopy. Too bad about the front loaded 3 dry weeks for the weapon though. My stubbornness of not bothering to get drops from Alex is gonna bite me when people start putting i185 gates on Bismarck and Ravana pfs

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I had a dream last night about STR vs VIT accessories, I'm in too deep

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Is there anywhere where people have talked about what a3 savage actually has going on

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
spoilers: when you get the manipulator down to 50% in SA4 a second manipulator spawns

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
well, never use fracture ever for starters. It kills gains

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Hi everyone, my name is Farg and I've mained warrior since launch and I just found out vengeance gives stacks of wrath

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I have a level 34 fisher, I've never actually done any fishing with it though. What's the best way to level it up/start learning what im doing?

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I got the fist bump and like 10 feathers, dunno what I can even buy with that but I got the emote so w/e

Also apparently A4S Manipulator has 4 legs :ohdear:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
drat, I knew about fioras va being Tataru but not about Shulks va. That's neat

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I was dumb and lazy so I have no shafts so 4 weeks for me, yay

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Chucat posted:

I'm going to make you feel better.

If you got at least 15 Esoterics last week you'll get the weapon and chestpiece in the same amount of time it'll take you get Alex chest, so just do that.

Yeah I plan on doing chest after weapon anyways so no biggie. Alex tank chest is Garbo anyways. I'll just save it for my dragoon

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Just merge classes and jobs, but have it show the class name until you hit level 30 and do your job quest. So your a marauder until 30; then your always a warrior. No more class/job distinction, and you don't have to do poo poo to the story

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Boten Anna posted:

I'd be curious to know what exactly the class/job distinction is doing to the database that's causing so much extra data, as yes this is a potential solution but there's currently the problem that you can level something all the way to 60 if you really want to without ever unlocking your job, and all of the quests have a pretty important point where you move over to the jobmaster instead of the class guild (which also requires the corresponding level 15, though that's probably one of the easier problems to solve). As such, if you have to complete the quest to unlock Job and you're now permanently Job, there has to at least be an additional flag in the character data to say that you've done that, which doesn't sound like it will save any space from what they're currently doing. Also what the gently caress do you do with Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar.

There really is no simple, clean solution to the problem or they would have done it already. Anything that's "just" followed by a few words is going to have some major drawbacks that need to be worked around somehow.

Have arcanist turn into either scholar or summoned and the other one pops up as a separate job that starts at 30 when you complete the corresponding quest

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Good God man level that astro up another half a level it's killing me

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

:redass:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
5.6 million

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
attn. all goons: do not communicate with non-skywalkers. you do not need them

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i gotta stop reading that bluegartr thread where they make fun of the OF but are actually even worse than the OF

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
they also seem to be big proponents of the whole "3.0 is a lazy 2.0 reskin" which best I can understand they mean that they wanted more new types of content? Understandable I guess, they're getting it with explorations and verminion

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I get the feeling that 3.0 Ayz lla and 3.5 Ayz lla will be very different zones

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

Once you reach the end, the stat difference between "best" and "worst" for your particular class amount to far less than a single percent (and are minimal even by level 30 which is where the training wheels start to come off), which means the difference is purely cosmetic. Choose based on looks, and run through the character creation options for each clan - some clans get options that others don't (some have muscle sliders, one variety of Lala doesn't have visible pupils, some only get certain hair/skin colors, etc)

When people say the true endgame is pretty princess dressup, they aren't really joking. I never cared at all about the paper doll and diva-management type of games, but FFXIV changed all that. The art direction is simply phenomenal. Take your time and ignore that the quests even exist, just wander around the towns once you get settled, and pay attention to the set backgrounds.

Look at the shelves in that corner over there, there's actually STUFF ON THE SHELVES. It's not just some 5-polygon rectangle with a bookshelf texture, there are boxes and jars and even modeled handles on the tiny little drawers. Check out the archery guild, and actually look at that giant ceremonial bow hanging on the wall - you can see how the individual pieces of wood were formed to put it all together. The tables on the goldsmith guild? Little piles of silver solder next to where the background craftsmen are working. The NPCs turn their head to you to see if you're doing anything interesting, pieces of clothing (even tights) have wrinkles and seams at the appropriate places, leather and burlap and velvet and every other kind of material have actual textures that each look different in the lighting, metal pants make a slight chainlinky jangly noise as you walk, over on the side table of a random room that you probably never look at has a loving dish with a candle in the center that is filled with a half inch of oil that ripples and refracts the room. If you're out in the rain, your clothing will actually get noticeably wet and have its color/texture/reflectiveness slightly altered. If you're in a windy area, your hair and loose parts of your clothes will blow. When you're out in the desert, shadows cast by mountains and clouds actually loving move with the sun.

The game is more beautiful that you will ever expect, take the time to look at it and appreciate it

yeah but what about catgirl butts? Bring back tanaka

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

ntan1 posted:

There is nothing it is possible to think of anywhere in the world, or indeed anything at all outside it, that can be held to be good without limitation, excepting only a good will. Understanding, wit, the power of judgment, and like talents of the mind, whatever they might be called, or courage, resoluteness, persistence in an intention, as qualities of temperament, are without doubt in some respects good and to be wished for.

Some qualities are even conducive to this good will itself and can make its work much easier, but still have despite this no inner unconditioned worth, yet always presuppose a good will, which limits the esteem that one otherwise rightly has for them, and does not permit them to be held absolutely good.

gay,

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Belzac posted:

I love when people are talking about real things and then Anna chimes in about how much they love the game like a cult member or something.

Man it sure is unfun to level up 12 classes to max instead of 9.
I'M STILL HAVING FUN!

Raiding sure sucks this tier.
GUYS, THIS GAME IS GOOD

wait if adding 3 classes makes the game worse because you have to level them up then removing classes should make the game better because you save time leveling.

excited for 3.3 to remove MNK PLD and SCH

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
when do we get to fight hydaelyn

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
its more like loving anchovies but refusing to get your anchovies any other way than by ordering personal pizzas from a small italian place in boise, idaho instead of going to the store and buying anchovies

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
some things locked behind flying

the final boss of heavensward
all of the ex primal except 2
the raids
the other raid
alexander normal
exploratory missions
the respect of your peers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
does anyone know of blue scrip rotations for crafters? I'm trying to level up my CUL past 56 but everything I find requires like 400 CP and I have 310 or so.

• Locked thread