Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
AIDS is no joke. It's often a debilitating, fatal illness and many people in this forum suffer from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The AIDS meme is an important part of our nation's AIDS education and outreach program. https://blog.aids.gov/2014/02/one-meme-at-a-time.html

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

DaNzA posted:

lol @ the thread title implying apple users are gay or homosexuals and basically using gay/homosexuals as a derogatory term, while also implying that most gay people have AIDS because it's obviously a thing that gay people commonly have

comeon son, you can joke about how inept or money-grabby they are without dragging sexual orientations into this

What does sexual orientation have to do with the AIDS mental illness?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
As I walk through the valley filled with nerds and gays I take a look at my watch and realize I have AIDS

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Management posted:

[thread insert:slur]

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

born on a buy you posted:

wild. my phone decided to shout "you're a stupid human being" because i quoted your post once

lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stux posted:

*walkis intoto store and smashses a mirror*

lol nicie mirroros ididot its broke now hahahagah mayeb AMEK BETTER EMIRRORS>

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I listen to tech podcasts because of organic brain damage.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Yes, pay for a type of super basic app of which there are many free and open source options and use it to steal music through the worst streaming UI on the planet.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Remember in like 2010 when it was cool to jailbreak iPhones and they had that functionality and it worked flawlessly

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I would download a car.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stymie posted:

lololololol a coworker just tried to brag and show off the ad blocking on his new iphone with purity, went to a web page and it was still littered with ads

verified the safari settings and everything

Is that what people do at the Labour Factory?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I had 2 nightmares last night that I broke my iPhone 6S.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stux posted:

a user or f spotifys free ad basbed service is not a subscriber of spotify, as confirmed by spotifys own literature where the worod subscriber is only used in reference to their subscribers, that is fee paying members of their service. incredible that this v basic concept and idea of what a word means is taking such a long time for u to understand.

Thank you for posting in FYAD once in 2009 so I can probate you whenever I want.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I would pay for Apple Music if the interface weren't trash.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol that a 16gb ipad exists

The 16gb iPad makes sense because it's used for browsing the Internet, not taking pictures like you would with a phone.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

mishaq posted:

if youve been on contracts with your carrier subsidizing your phone purchases, its been a lot more than that

Not if you've had the same family plan since middle school and the account owner has federal employee discounts. My share is under $55/mo for unlimited everything except landline calls.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Necc0 posted:

if this is true i may actually start using siri

You can turn off voice in settings.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
3D Touch is required to open links within Youtube comments otherwise Google pops up some AIDS bullshit about signing in.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
What are you talking about? By your logic your favorite companies are Exxon Valero VZ and Walmart.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Let's create the news app and then not have it use Safari WebView with content blocking because we are pussies so that the articles linked to are even more AIDS infested than the normal website.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
There's a camera bulge.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

neonbregna posted:

sorry gramps but apple products are not for olds

You posted your old saggy neck and thinning hair in this thread.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
No poo poo you can see the color temperature change if you are looking for it. But you're not going to notice continuous change if you're not looking for it due to habituation. This is assuming they have it change continuously over hours and not in giant steps which is just bizarre.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Cool the SSD completely died in my 15" rMPB and diagnostics said there were no issues even tho the disk does not exist according to recovery console. I had to take it into the store and buy a new 15" rMPB while mine is shipped off to replace everything inside and will return it in a week. AIDS.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

It's about controlling the counterfeit parts market and being able to void warranty on units with unauthorized repairs, not the incredibly unlikely conspiracy theory level security concerns.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stux posted:

there is alwayus android if you would like for your fingerprint data to be compromised for the rest of your life though.

What about the part where you leave that data on literally everything you touch?

mishaq posted:

apple taking the security of biometric data seriously is cool + good

but i dunno if this is purely that

It's not.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Stux posted:

also the part where on that device my fingerprint can then give access to my banking, paypal, whatever

The fingerprint and method in which they represent it is only an iOS construct to unlock some stored tokens you previously generated on that specific device. It has no connection to your actual accounts. AKA it's useless in some third party's hands.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Management posted:

I replaced an integral part of my security architecture with a hacked third party clone, why won't apple support it?

You're smart enough to know it's actually the same parts from the same factories and it's purely serial number based and about eliminating 3rd party repair shops.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

The Management posted:

somewhere in Cupertino Tim is pounding on a desk, screaming about why the home button repair profits are down this quarter

It's about preventing people from swapping third party modified phones for new ones at the Apple Store, which is a real problem. But that can be checked at the store. It doesn't need to brick the existing phone if the user has no intention of returning to the Apple Store.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

computer parts posted:

this sounds more like "tim cook isn't caving to *my* demands so it's bad"

like if they were truly caving to nerd demands they would reintroduce a 4 inch phone, because normal people like the big phones

You have AIDS.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why does Apple like embarrassingly over investing in 'culture' people well over a decade out of relevancy.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
They should invest in making their software not a piece of poo poo.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

infernal machines posted:

why? what use case do you have for adjusting the speed of inertial scrolling?

why add yet another drop down or slider hidden behind eight layers of menus to control something that only control-freak spergs have even considered? that's the reason android is unusable poo poo, millions of completely irrelevant customizations

There are already tons of control-freak settings for much less useful things and you can also search the settings. Chill.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

can you not do addition

That's a declarative huh not an inquisitive one as in 'that is interesting'. Can you not read? R->C->P.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

yeah compile on poo poo that will bitflip, gr8 idea m8

Yes? You can rent server time for release builds if you're worried about making bad binaries which are orders of magnitude more likely to be caused by your bad code.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dodoman posted:

there's a reason you should see psychologists and psychiatrists - any one part on their own is not enough. the psychiatrist hopefully gives you compatible meds which give you the strength to actually function in daily life and give you the ability to communicate effectively with your psychologist instead of being a blubbering mess the moment you start thinking or talking about your issues.

mental health is hard to understand looking in from the outside, don't be assholes

Yes, take the brain-damaging substances we discovered accidentally that nuke the delicate neurochemical equilibrium first THEN talk to a psych. YOSPOS > Apple 2016:I want to get my cock ripped off in perfect crystal clear 8k VR by my hare

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Get an avatar. Or smythe give him an Apple AIDS Crew one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

(project)red is a really clever long play for the mainland market :prepop:

Actually it's AIDS.

• Locked thread