Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hokuto Brother?
This poll is closed.
Kenshiro 35 38.46%
Toki 16 17.58%
Jagi 20 21.98%
Raoh 20 21.98%
Total: 91 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

chumbler posted:

I think last year they had each round on an 8 minute timer, which was way too drat long. Not each set between players, but each round of the set.
The matches almost never even go that long. I don't know why it's stayed as 8 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Roy in Smash 4 is Good, Fun, and Powerful, and I am sad he is not allowed at EVO.
Wait what? gently caress that poo poo Roy's our boy.

Speaking of Smash 4 at least seems to have some of its poo poo together because even though the game's 20x slower than melee it plays with 2 stocks and 5 minute games.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Smash is AIDS, the real poo poo is the motherfreaking Ultra Street Fighter IV and Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- streams! Ftw!
Melee's actually a good game, I have no idea why the creators didn't just try to improve that engine and actually balance out the characters.

Well I know why, but I can still find it a dumb decision.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

If you haven't watched Ouran High School you should watch that. I'm surprised by how much I like it.
Looking back on it now that show was actually my first step into engulfing a fuckload of romance manga and anime. Gotta pay it respect.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

:stare: maybe I should watch that instead of Ping Pong.
Watch both.

Unless we're just talking order. In which case uh.... Ping Pong first?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

In Training posted:

I like DS4 d-pad more than DS3, but I prefer a stick to both.
DS4 d-pad is fantastic and I thought the controller was everything I ever wanted in a gaming controller... until the R2 trigger broke.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Taichi and Arata are both real cool but Taichi is doomed, yall.
Of course he is. Chihaya's gonna marry half of a Karuta deck (the other half is Shinobu's).

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

I can't believe how good Ping Pong is. Am I ruining anime for myself? Will anything be able to compare to The Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong for me?
You've now got that thing we call standards, which means you get to act superior to other people.

Honestly, my friend likes all the dreck like SAO, and in a way I envy him. Much easier for him to find shows he likes and enjoy himself.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

How in the hell did you find my other username.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Knorth posted:

Knowledge is limited but people who review anime seem terrible
For some reason my youtube homepage always recs some top 10 romance anime or top 5 anime movie or whatever video. Why in the world do so many people have opinions on these things that they think people need to hear?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

.jpg posted:

Welcome, to adtrw
Yeah but y'all aren't making youtube videos that are showing up every time I open youtube.

At least I don't think you are.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

i still can't believe, the devil is a part timer beat Chihayafuru 2, Jojo and Kyousogiga
I mean it's essentially a popularity contest, which just implies that more people watched Devil is a Part Timer than Jojo, Chihayafuru 2, and Kyousogiga. Which is still hosed up, but understandable.

Unless there;s a disproportionate number that watched those shows and didn't have them in the top 5, which is just plain hosed up.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Yearly top ten lists don't work so well for me because I typically spend a lot of time catching up on stuff from previous years that I missed.

The amount of "Current" anime I keep up with is actually pretty small.
Time is always one of the better judges. Being able to look back and ask people "okay now which of these shows do you actually remember" helps narrow things down.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Let's Play posts are fun, though yours reminds me I haven't touched Darkest Dungeon since that one update I made forever ago.
I should probably play that again. Good game. Arbelesters are broken as hell though.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Griffith should just hold an Idolm@ster competition and gather all the idols of wherever it is that Berserk takes place.

I bet Makoto could beat Guts in a fight.
I'd prefer this to never seeing Berserk finish.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Alright, I'll start back up again tomorrow. I just hate immoral heroes. That's what got me to realize Mahouka was so bad, too.
Guts isn't immoral though. He's way past caring about morals and is in a world that is also way past caring about them.

Cake Attack posted:

i was going to yell at you but instead ill say guts is not supposed to be someone you like
Also this. Well, he gets better later.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

WickedHate posted:

That's just another way of phrasing "immorality".
It really isn't though, but that'll only become more apparent as the story goes on. You just don't have a good handle on what Guts does yet.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Even our rice was instant. :smith:
I'm so sorry.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

ill be your friend sakurazuka

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

In Training posted:

Yuri Kuma was bad though
It entertained me for the... 7 (?) episodes I saw.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

littleorv posted:

I should probably stop making GBS threads up the Madoka thread but I'm having fun.
You aren't, you're contributing.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I think he shat up the UBW thread a few times.
He did. Was apparently one of those people only watching because of the connection to Fate/Zero.

So quite literally only posting about Urobuchi.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Namtab posted:

I am however wary of anyone who has watched a specific anim over 10 times
Actually looking back I might have seen the original FMA that many times. Used to have it in the background somewhat frequently while multitasking.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I could watch something that many times if I was sharing it with someone that's never seen it.
I showed a lot of people Rebellion. It was a lot of fun and talking about the movie afterward was great.

Never had someone get mad at the ending though, where do those people come from?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I prolly would have liked the show more if I went it blind tho because reading tons of words about how revolutionary it is, and how it does things no other anime has ever done, colored my perception so much that I ended up nitpicking alot.
Yeah that was always weird because while Madoka's great, it's all about the execution. Just really well put together and flows like water.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Davincie posted:

sayaka: the best around
I love Sayaka's maturation from "idealist who can't deal with the tragedy that nothing's going her way" to "super chill and cool." She took the main series as a good learning experience and came out the most well adjusted in the end.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The first half of ep 4, of Katanagatari. Made me sad and mad.
I love that episode.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Wait that was the whole episode.

This show trolled me out of a fight.

Twiddy posted:

I love that episode.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

the wildest rear end posted:

The secret of chat threads is to not bother with that and just go straight to the last page when there are lots of posts
I usually do this, but I'm glad I didn't last night because I now know that the Majikoi S translation is done. That'll be a fun trip down memory lane.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'm so happy I don't read any Jojo's thread.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

the pool episode of hyouka where oreki is mesmerized by chitanda's titties
As are we all.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

I like him in the animation and Golden the animation, but in P4 his story is basicalyl like "I need to be a badass so people don't think I am a pussy"
I... huh?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Lot of Yukiko Waifu havers in the chat thread.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I had a clean sheet until a couple of months ago. :sweatdrop:
Goddamnit Sakurazuka, you and me, we were supposed to stay clean forever.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Budget Prefuse posted:

the next fate project should be a slice of life comedy about avenger, bazett and caren living together with the supporting cast being lancer and kid gilgamesh. make this immediately instead of whatever poo poo theyre making right now
I'm also looking forward to an F/HA anime after the HF movie finishes up.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Tsunderes can be very good, but the Kugimiya Rie brand of tsundere is almost universally awful.
I have no idea what a Kugimiya Rie is, does she voice Rin Tohsaka?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Okay good.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Shana from Shakugan no Shana, Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, Taiga from Toradora, Aria from Aria the whatever ammo, Nagi from Hayate the Combat Butler, probably other characters that I'm not familiar with but are identical except for perhaps hair color.
So all the not-Rins, just need some perspective because I know dick about voice actors.

I remember Taiga and Toradora being good though. Haven't seen that show in forever, though.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

nehezir posted:

Except when you realize that tsundere comedy is mostly domestic abuse.

Once I clued in on that, ecchi slapstick and tsundere tropes basically went right into disgusting territory for me and there was no turning back.
Baka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

nehezir posted:

That's what I say when I see people fawning over some bitch who thinks she's justified for beating the person she "loves" to a bloody pulp or into the air over a misunderstanding, even after she's proven wrong. A person like that is unhealthy and the protagonists are idiots for associating with them once they know.

There's two reasons Taiga is so exceptional amongst tsundere: her chemistry with Ryuuji was really good, and the script was more devoted to drama, staying much further away from comedy than other anime.
I take it you aren't watching Working!

• Locked thread