Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

I am looking forward to horizons despite myself, I'll probably end up regretting it.

Same here, I am useless at piloting and can't shoot for toffee.
i even get killed undocking from a station with no warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Still salty about the fact that you have to manually re-target after every jump

Forever salty

since when? I set my final destination and each jump is automated until i get to the system i am after

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

LCL-Dead posted:

The ship is burning, brohiem, get it now before there's no money left.

And yes, over the course of 3 years I had about $450 or so put into the game, with most of what that bought having already been sold on Reddit. I should get about $400 back if they're refunding everything. $300ish if it's just the ships.

Even if it does release it's not like I'm going to be out anything by not having all of the veteran backer rewards. So I lose some flair. If CIG actually releases a playable game I'll just buy the game again at normal prices.

well oculus is only $350 from Oculus direct

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

currently it is $350 https://www1.oculus.com/order/

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Harmburger posted:

Not everyone has iOS either. "Unless anyone has any recommendations in this area"

the google cardboard 2.0 says it is iphone compatible up to 6" screens so it should work with iphone

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
We should petition :frontear: to add graffiti guns.

Then we could go to any station sneak up and spray "Big Harry Was Ere" on every station. Leave our mark where ever we go.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Just wondering if the update borked the interdiction for everywhere. I mean middle of nowhere and Pow you are interdicted by an NPC and you can't escape.

One other question, if someone interdicts you, do you still have to warrant check them before opening fire or does the interdiction also class as a criminal act to you meaning you can defend without checking?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

frank.club posted:

I just want to name my ship

How many people will be flying about in the USS Enterprise (USS BoobyPrize, USS Don't Care much)
or the Millenium Falcon,
Or the Hogwarts Express - well Harry does speak snake :P

will just make for a complicated ui update - i mean a fleet of ships all called "GOON Swarm" (quick everyone leave the system.)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

TorakFade posted:

Nooooooooo :arghfist::mad:

all they have to do is add freighters that you can put ships in and set up some form of ship trading then say hello to ship shipping shipping ship ships.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Bargearse posted:

There are registry hacks that allow you to assign control axes (ie. your lateral thrusters) to the mouse thumbstick for most Saitek HOTAS products, so long as you're OK with sacrificing the dials on the throttle.

I have had no problems at all with my Fly 5 Stick, the thrusters up/down left/right are on the thumbstick, I have the 2 throttles tied together and used for forward/back split and I have my EDTracker for the look.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Of course if there was to be a player led Market,

I would have to definately push for this system to become the market hub.

https://eddb.io/system/10139

Yes we need to own Jita

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

LCL-Dead posted:

gently caress that. The ability of solo or PG players to have just as much influence as players playing in open, the mode designed to take full advantage of everything the game has to offer, is bullshit.

Being able to gently caress off on your own and flip the bird to anyone who even in the slightest amount may work against you is the carebear dream and needs to die.

I was doing Rare runs solo, i then thought this is not right and switched to open,

Undocked, Flew through the letterbox,
"Critical Eject eject eject" Kaboom.......

"you were killed by Cmdr XXXXX" (I can't remember his name)

WTF!!!! Back to Solo..

(the annoying thing is there was no "you are under attack" or anything like that, he literally one shotted me about 10 seconds after leaving the station. This is why you can never have nice things.. So now out of my hauler and back in a sidewinder as he took a full cargo of rares with him worth about 3 mill

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Sard posted:

When you started flying out, did you fly out on the side of the letterbox with the green lights or the red lights?

I am english so I always use the green side.
There were laser beams going past me but I was still in the no fire zone so I assumed that the station would have blown him up before he could kill me,
The station had just destroyed someone inside the station as well so i assumed that the lasers were to do with that. (also it was Lave)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

radintorov posted:

Oh I know that, but how does adding an empty fuel tank reduce the amount it costs me to jump? I mean, if I have an empty Class 5 Cargo Rack and 32T of fuel and it costs me x to jump, why switching that Cargo Rack for an empty Class 5 Fuel Tank makes the same jump cost y? It should still cost x since the mass should be unaffected. :v:

At least I believe that that's what Kaker meant when he mentioned this.

Ok, you have a cargo rack which has the equipment to hold the canisters in place so that rack weighs say 3T
You have an empty Fueltank which contains no fuel and is only 1T or 0.5T.

Try changing out the cargo rack and the fueltank, does your ship mass change?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

Cargo racks don't weight poo poo.

I was trying to come up with a feasible explanation as to why....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

How many places do you know that have parking lots where it's not 2-way entrance/exits? :confused:

I guess all this is incentive not to speed :shrug:

Thats the point of the Red and Green lights on the sides of the letterbox Green for go, red for "Don't use that side there are people coming in".

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

KakerMix posted:

Don't forget that they can tell stolen fish from bought fish.

so get a friend to buy fish, drop it in space, then you scoop. all well and good

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

frank.club posted:

Built a station around a black hole gently caress with me

Wouldnt that be the "impossible planet"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-n3gLm49c

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 20, 2015

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

Exploration is gonna get a hell of a lot more interesting/forgiving in horizons as well, with being able to fabricate more repair juice as well as them planning to allow repair units to fix canopies.
(in posh british accent)
Ah! the gentleman explorer will have his repair units fix Canapés. obviously to go with the Caviar and Dom Perignon <nasal guffaw>

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Thronde posted:

That's pretty good.

<groan> does that mean we have to file buggy bug reports?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Cathair posted:

:henget:

Holy poo poo, this would've ruled. I love the galaxy map and I would've gone all over the place with this. Also, basically a 'formate' option, that would've been really nice.

Just make several shorter, more manageable multijumps? :shrug: I assume you'd have to drop out to refuel at some point anyway. Still way faster than doing every one by hand, too.

isnt that just integalactic Kerbal space Program?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Groggy nard posted:

Ugggh I have a hardon just thinking about how this will be with atmospheric worlds and how many goons we can pack into the Grand Canyon.

once its out on public release I will have to get a SRV and go see if i can land on Jita 4 Moon 4 (if it exists) and pootle around on there.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Libluini posted:

Woah, really? I don't know why, but I'm not sure if I should point my finger and laugh at this.

Eh, let's let him have his Jita, he paid for it after all.

i didn't pay for it but i used to roll with Valhalla doing incursions on eve....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Naturally Selected posted:

What kills me is the FDL (a no-bullshit heavy fighter unfit for anything else) has a comparatively huge, luxurious cabin with nice lines, etc. While the "exploration" ship is literally a cramped little glass ball stuck onto a type 6. I'm not one of those people that need to roleplay taking a poo poo or whatever, but the Asp's cabin being so lovely actively annoys me. It's not even janky in a "held together with duct tape and pure grit" way. It's like it was designed to be as offensively mediocre as possible.

so its minmatar - "Trust in the Rust" - Charles "Charlie" Fodder

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I am just waiting for my Xmas present to be delivered before getting back into horizons.

I understand that only v 0.5 is supported by Elite at the moment, so can anyone point me to the Rift setup info so I can get it working as soon as the item arrives

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
What happened to the FREE Cobra IV

When i signed up to Horizons on the prepurchase it said "Preorder now for a FREE Cobra mkIV"

I have heard rumors that we still have to buy it....

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Thronde posted:

What I thought. You don't sell at each stop what you picked up at the one before? Like Altair > Rakuju I would sell the Altair stuff, pick up Rakuju stuff, go to HIP ad repeat

exactly 16t per stop max, you need to carry about 50t for the full run

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

KakerMix posted:

The Vive is just as capable as the Rift when it comes to seated experiences though? Elite is a headliner for the Vive and Steam VR and is very much a seated experience hence the comment.

I can use oculus with steamVR but it looks like 800x600 max resolution, its all blurrry

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Stringbean posted:

Or, run with a goon in high sec for an hour or so. Get cash money to buy a Cobra, and then go do whatever you want with the 400k you've banked :smug:

Woaaah!! for a second i thought i had wandered into the Eve online channel....
(living (un)happily in low sec for a decade (Stupid reputation score....))

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Well :frontear: have done it again,

Logged in today and rather than just logging me in it forced an email verification claiming that this is a new computer!

Nice one!

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
I'm not really a fighter, more of a trader. but what is there for a pretty sturdy ship that you won't die over and over and you have a bit of a chance to kill a few when you can't even kill the ones on the tutorials

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

i have a madcatz fly 5 and can't fault it

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
a friend of mine is in a group who just blackmailed :frontear: to add them to the game, and he mentioned they were looking for some people to kill, should i point him in the direction of the diamond frogs? (as a target so he can get flattened :) )

Update: their name Achenar Immortals

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 12, 2016

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Its a shame we cannot do with the capital ships what a couple of friends used to do with a different game, one would distract the capital ship AI the other would sneak in the airlock and bop the AI core taking control of it.

They ended up with these Huge Pirate Capital Ships connected together as their base,

Apparently the admins came along and said "how are you doing this", They were shown and were told "stop doing this" the following day the Pirate AI was removed from the game

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Me, I have ED:H but I am not playing at the moment as I need them to reactivate Rift support, i mean the Commercial version is shipping this month and there is no sign that they are going to support it,

SteamVR sort of works but is soo low res its like playing on a 2" screen at 640x480

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

EdEddnEddy posted:

Thats what I assumed for those scenarios, however I don't quite understand how you would "Convert" to a Oculus store (as if you were killing off being able to use the ED launcher or your already owned Steam version) since the game tracks your purchases in Elite through your Login... Wonder why they are making it so confusing. My guess is you will just get the key to not have to buy the game again in the Oculus store, if you have an Oculus and want to launch it from within there. That key should also (if you don't already have Elite and just bought the game through Oculus's store itself) allow you to use the ED launcher outside of Oculus if you would want but they may/may not provide a Steam key to load it up there as well.

Either way, Have VR, multiple ways to get and play Elite so no matter where you buy it, it should work on anything just fine.

As for the GPU requirements, I can definitely see that Horizons may require a 980+ as Landing on Moons is a much more GPU stressing event then even just flying near high detailed stations pre Horizons. I am looking to get back to civilized space to load up my Type-6 with the SCV I need then landing on the nearest planet to give it another go since I got the 980Ti. On my SLI 780's I was no longer able to play at 1.5X (On a DK2) when I got close to and landed on a moon, however normal space and station still were ok. I assume the CV1 will kill that 1.5x ability like you mention.

Also Lee, if you guys need a 3rd party for any VR article (Rift/Vive/Omni) Down the line, hey I'm the semi self appointed VR Guinea pig.

And yet i still play all my games on high graphics and i only have a 560GTX (and i run a rift DK2 with no obvious juddering

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Daztek posted:

I used this as starter

Any chance of a diagram for a Fly 5?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

TomR posted:

New VR menu screen is kind of neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9A2p031ks

Finally, Waited 1 hour for the patch then 30 minutes for the shader thing, then into my ship in VR.

Looked to the right to see what was in my cargo, the screen froze. Message on desktop "Sorry something went wrong and Elite is going to close, we will send a report to :frontear: Tell us what you were doing

so Working as intended i guess

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Angrymog posted:

Friendly Humour - best thing you can do is to join the frogs, come out to Frog Space and we'll set you up.

If you don't want to join the frogs just find a nice system to work out of. An easy and safe way to make some starting money is to drop in on weak signal sources, pick up the most valuable stuff and sell it on the black market.

Also, go to Low Res points, wait until you see the cops shooting at something and then join in when the target is nearly dead.

P.S Canons are terrible. Go for two Pulse lasers or one Pulse/1 MC on your sidey.

:frontear: should add F&F system so we can have a hidden code so if we are not with the frogs, at least we can go about our business without being killed by the frogs as we have a Friend Ident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

froody guy posted:

No it's not. But it's not even that they went around saying "hey dudes, DO NOT expect atmospheric landing at all for the next 12-18 months. Don't be that guy nevah evah, ok? This is dusty and rocky Horizons not airy Horizons mright?"

Anyway, I wonder how they'll name the next season, Breath Taking Horizons? :parrot:

Elite Vista edition

• Locked thread