Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Squallege posted:

I want to see 17 and 18 school people already. They are pretty rad as a team.

I just want to know if the fluff text from whatever that said 17 got married to a zoologist and had kids be canon or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Sometimes stupid is just stupid.

I enjoyed RoF for what it was but realtalk it is lame that they reintroduced Freeza like that.

Honestly given that the behind the scenes reason on Frieza's return being that Toriyama listened to a metal song about Frieza, I'm fine with how things turned out

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

ginyus original body was cooler's french guy according to v-jump

google search says that it actually says Salza has seen Ginyu's true form not that he is Ginyu's original body

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Tien has figured out how to use Shin Kikoho without draining his life force, my sources say

I mean has it ever really come up? the whole "it uses my life force" thing lost meaning when all he does with the attack is spam it to slightly inconvenience but otherwise not damage the current arc villain while at the same time never being affected by the loss of "life force"

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I found it really cute that he just straight-up thinks of Krillin as his brother :3:

When he asked about his brother I thought he meant Android 16 at first, which reminds me, did 16 ever get mentioned again after his death? like did he come back or was he too robot for the wish to count?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, what the gently caress is wrong with Toyotaro? He seems to really hate writing for the Zamasus. Black in the manga is an infinitely worse character than the anime version, apparently because Toyotaro decided to write his OC Do Not Steal instead of the actual character, and now Fusion Zamasu has a time limit he didn't have in the anime (because the Potaras went from "works forever for Gods" to "works forever specifically for Kaioshin, and Zamasu was never admitted as one") and lacks all of the incredibly flashy powers of his anime version in favour of...throwing blocks at Goku and Vegeta.

I don't get it. Shin and even Gowasu come across as better in the manga, so it isn't a hate for the Kaioshin as a race. He just really seems to dislike Zamasu specifically, despite being one of the highlights of Super as an anime. Or maybe he's just poo poo writing villains, considering how badly he wrote Hit too (who isn't a villain, but eh, final boss).

I sure am glad that panel space is used to confirm that Vegetto Blue is above Beerus in power though, despite this being obvious from Whis' earlier comments. And I sure am glad Trunks is so worthless in the manga that an untransformed Goku is a far better shield than him.

The more time passes, the more I'm sure Toyotaro is the kind of DB fan that's obsessed with power levels and must give explanations to everything. No fun allowed.

Wouldn't a better excuse to use just be "Black's body is still a saiyan so Potara has a limit because of that"

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

I miss the days when Abridged was a separate thing

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Zore posted:

You say about a series where a major character won a fight because halfway through he realized he's drawn without a nose so his opponent's gimmick stops working.

I meant more adding in extra jokes/references just because, like didn't english Super alter some lines to make fun of Yamcha?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Black August posted:

Easy just follow the set beats and do its own thing with it

The Revenge Of The Tuffles
The Last Throw Of The RR Army
Consequences Of Abusing Dragons

Given how strong Goku and Vegeta are at this point it seems hard to believe that Tuffles or RR would be able to stand a chance

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

"piccolo is a good dad" aka a celebration of child abuse

I mean it was a 9 year old attacking a 4 year old

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

can you really choose what color transformation you get though?

From the wikia so take with a grain of salt but "It is implied that the user can choose what color they want their biological armor to take when they use their Golden form, as Frieza mentioned that he "made it gold"."

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder how Yamcha's going to take the news that his friends want the genocidal maniac that killed Krillin on the team rather than him

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Honestly I'd enjoy if Cell were to return, though pretty sure they've said in interviews that it'd never happen due to him being annoying to draw when in motion (making sure his spots are correct)

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

It also had a rule where only two people could go in. But then Buu, Piccolo, Trunks, and Goten all went in. Clearly Mr Popo just makes up rules because he is tired of cleaning that poo poo up when these idiots keep blowing it up.

Wasn't it that it only could hold enough food for 2 people for a year, and that's why they only let 2 in at a time?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if they'll bring up the limitations to Baba's 1 day revive (that using too much energy shortens your time) and handwave it away or will they just pretend its not a thing, because Golden Frieza obviously drains more energy than SSJ3 did

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Frieza is going to win and get the wish. They'll leave the episode on a cliff hanger with him about to give the wish, then next week's episode will be Raditz landing on Earth.

He'll wish to be the most power being in existence and will be wish loop-holed into being transported to Future Trunks's destroyed timeline

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

extra row of teeth posted:

Thanks everyone for the link to the Games thread :)

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if one of the pre-tournament filler episodes is Vegeta coming to terms with the situation and flipping the gently caress out and trying to kill A) Goku B) Frieza or C) both. While Vegeta has grown a lot as both a person and a warrior, he still shows little patience for Goku's Gokuing. I'm sure his already short fuse is going to blow up by learning his wife and children's life is on the line AND he has to work together with the dictator that murdered his entire race, all because of Goku's fight boner.

That "Zen-oh would have eventually anyway" poo poo isn't going to fly with him.

Maybe once they win the tournament Vegeta will get the same chance that the Wolf dude got and fight Goku with the chance to save the other universes, but since Vegeta beating Goku isn't something that'll truly happen anytime soon, Frieza will interrupt the fight with a cheapshot or something

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if Gowasu is focusing on his Godtube career since he already saw future dinosaur planet with Zamasu, so he just assumes things will work out

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Something that bugged me is that after Krillin said "18 will probably not enter without getting paid", that it wasn't her yelling at him for thinking she's that shallow. But, then again, maybe it's a two-man con to get the money for doing something they were going to do anyways? :shrug:

Isn't one of her reoccurring character traits that she indeed like getting lots of money?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

What if Yamcha wished on the dragon balls to have the body of Freeza?

Obviously he should wish for Zenkai, then he'll catch up in no time

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

No joke, i'd love it if Yamcha's plan of playing it cool and coming in the last minute to save the day actually happens

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Leaks "confirmed"

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Its just a fan made page from when Resurrection 'F' was coming out as far as i could find

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

U6 Saiyan thoughts:

If calling them a monkey is still a xeno-slur, do they actually, in fact, have tails? I wonder if U6 Saiyan infants just have their tails surgically removed because their cultural inclination towards like peacefulness and heroism makes turning into a rampaging murder-beast at regular calendar intervals kind of pointless?

According to google search, manga mentions they evolved to not have tails, anime implies they never had tails or its not commonly know that they used to

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

TheHan posted:

Resurrected for not even 10 minutes and the first thing Freeza does is kill a dog.
The best part is he wasn't even aiming at the dog

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Goku looking at Frieza disappointingly is the best part, its like a Father looking at his anime loving son

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

In what way was it foreshadowed? It still feels like something totally random and I've read the chapter.
iirc Trunks finds an injured Mai and holds hers causing her to wake up, so foreshadowed in the sense that now that part means Mai was actually more injured than it seemed and woke up via healing rather than just being unconscious

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I think they've also confirmed Saiyan Tails and Majin Forehead Symbol for humans

I really hope the Tail isn't just a static object

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Darko posted:

Episode 100 (23 July)

"Awakened Berserk Warrior Goes Wild!"

It's going to be Roshi's fault

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

Out of all the teams, U3 is the one that looks the least interesting to me. Just a bunch of robots, nothing to write home about. Hope they have interesting powers though.

U10's team looks even more cannon fodder than U9.

The big guy from U2 looks a lot like General Rildo's first form.

No alt Universe Namekian though :(

Universe 6 still has two characters left to show off, so there's still slight hope for a Alt Namekian I guess

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
https://s1.webmshare.com/JGJLJ.webm

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if the angels will rewind the death

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
So wasn't it said that Angels cease to function when their GoD dies? So I'm guessing that U9 isn't actually erased and instead teleported somewhere

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
The arc is going to end with Angel Dad going "it's just a prank bruh" and the tournament is revealed to be a GodTube prank video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Because "Tien overpowering Semi Perfect Cell" only actually amounted to pushing Cell into a hole. Cell wasn't even hurt by it, just annoyed. Then Tien passed out, Cell got out of the hole, and would've iced Triclops if Goku didn't go in for the save.

Tien does not have any real accomplishments after Dragon Ball.

He killed one Saibamen in DBZ, I think its his only real victory IIRC

• Locked thread