Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I mean, Goku is technically responsible that the current timeline has TWO Zeno's, with the consequences that may bring (specially with what we now know about the Universe Survival arc)

I wouldn't be the least surprised if the whole 9 Universes chipped in to pay Hit to kill Goku.

They basically now have double the chances that their Universe may suddenly burst out of existence.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
How is Mr. Satan gonna explain not getting invited to the Multiverse Tournament.

Hell, WHY wasn't Mr. Satan invited to the Multiverse Tournament?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Kelp Plankton posted:

unless it's a thing that's being broadcast on TV on earth they don't really have to worry about hercule doing his song and dance routine

i doubt xeno is going to pull a Cell Games on some random tv station

Godtube

Specially with Godtuber Celebrity Gowasu being there.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Monaka shtick is out of the bag too, it seems.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blockhouse posted:

Which is fine, honestly. It was funny but completely pointless character-wise. Goku doesn't need a goal to push himself towards when he already has Beerus and Whis.

It also gave us the best fight in Super
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Wasq5n0-g&t=108s

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean, poo poo, they went to Namek specifically to get their cheat death button back and Goku still flipped the gently caress out when Krillin died for a second time.

If you take into account that upon getting revived, said cheat death button decided to IMMEDIATELY ask to get teleported in the way of imminent death again, you can see how Goku could be upset.

Like jesus christ, just lock Piccolo back in the Mafuba pot and toss him inside a vault.

Not to mention that Earth Dragon Balls couldn't revive someone for a 2nd time, and the Namek Elder had died of natural causes too. At that point in time Krillin was super dead till they exploited a loophole in Earth Dragon Balls

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 19, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Frost returns as Golden Frost with his brother Meta Chiller and their father King Snow.

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing Universe 6 fill out its roster. Is Cabba gonna bring along his old mentor, Rabbit Hermit?

:getin:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Namtab posted:

Team four star and his list

They are tearing apart this happy goon family. Something not even media induced fear of death could do :(

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I take back everything bad I said about TFS just because of the beginning of that video

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My favorite part about last episode was Hit's "Woah you are so deep" reaction after finding out Goku put the contract on himself just to have an all out fight with him.

I wonder how Hit will react when he finds out Goku suffered head trauma as an infant.

also on Broly Abridged

Paragus: It would be of great use to Vegeta!
King Vegeta: My son, the planet or me?
Paragus: YES

:golfclap:

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 25, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CharlestheHammer posted:

He can't control Broly and base power Broly isn't strong enough would be my guess.

It's...weird?

The first half of the movie has it seem like Broly is really strong but dumb, like an Unstoppable Beast.

Yet when he goes SSL, he actually seems pretty composed and smart. He realises his father is betraying him and thus kills him, but had it not been for that he would have been pretty chill just killing the Z-Warrior and "KAKAROTT! :argh: ". The only times he actively hurts Paragus is when he is trying to restrain him from having fun blowing random poo poo up, or when he betrayed him.

I think a much smarter plan would have been to drop Broly in the Moon, point at Earth and say Kakarott, remove his restraining necklace, and come back a week later to clean the mess.

It gets even weirder when all later incarnations of Broly have him actually BE an Unstoppable Beast who barely talks and is dumb enough to let go of Gohan to deflect a shard of crystal

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want Crono and Magus to be the fighters of one of the universes

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
HE IS BACK!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I want Nerd Dad Gohan to fight an alternate universe Gohan that didn't skip training

And I want Nerd Dad Gohan to win just to spite the salty mofos that won't shutup about Gohan skipping his training and becoming weak

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If by the end of Super Goku becomes a God of Destruction, would Vegeta be his angel?

Is that how Vegeta will finally surpass Goku?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The enemy Goku is seen fighting in the opening seems to belong to the same race as the Tournament Announcer of the Champa Arc sans the anthena. Also it's costume is giving me a lot of Superman vs Goku vibes for some reason

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Gruckles posted:

If you think about it, it's actually all the Oracle Fish's fault for telling Beerus about the super saiyan god thing.

That guy in the background is Oracle Fish's Final Form. He is the Big Bad of the arc.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Goku needs to be reminded that Gohan is his son

Pan chan foreshadowing her role as savior of the universe

Potential prospect of Satan being best pals with the Zen'os

Buu is chosen as the first fighter, but falls asleep, but then turns out to be an audience troll and first fighter is really Buu.

Super is soooo good.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
According to the spoilers U9 gets erased, but this has not been stated at all as part of the rules of the Exhibition match.

My guess is that the U9 furries cheat or do something that displeases Zen'o and get zip zapped as a result. Cue the bomb being dropped that "loser universes get derezzed"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm wondering how far Team Champa goes. In the finals with Team Good Guys (and Goku)? Or do they get erased to show how TUFF the new challengers are?

I wonder how the Grand Priest feels about this.

If he is not the big bad, then one way or the other he potentially loses one or both of his kids

If he is the big bad, then he is contending with Goku for Worst Anime Dad.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Aurora posted:

Angels disappear if a god of destruction dies.

They don't dissapear, they just stop functioning until a new God of Destruction is assigned.

But since "Universe Creation" has not been stated as being part of Zen'os powers (he destroyed 6 universes and never recreated them), the Universes that get destroyed are gone for good with no need for new Gods of Destructions, and thus the angels stay dormant for all eternity.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This is really good. I want to watch the whole anime now with this dub. Everyone sounds like a parody of Jean Claude Van Damme

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode was really good. It made me legitimately happy.

I really think they are setting all this up for Gohan to win and Goku to lose his match. I mean, in the Opening he is shown to be clearly overpowering the furry. Doubt they would want to spoil that unless it's a red herring (something that the Super team loves to do) and that opening scene is actually depicting how Goku's rematch against the furry after getting curb stomped real bad will go.

I mean, we all thought that the big hooded guy in team 11 was Mr. Alien from the opening, but he is actually one of the background guys in it. Expect everything in this arc to be a red herring (The Grand Priest being evil, the Clown God of Destruction being evil, etc.).

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This is how I feel about Super

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Wait, why are Whis's sclerae black in that shot?

Same reason why Gohan looks weird in his Super Saiyan transformation in the preview. They are adding a shiton of filters, cell shading and other random crap so that old DBZ fans can stop whining about the animation

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Why hasn't Beerus hakai'd the Oracle Fish already?

This is all his fault

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

wereboat posted:

I am excited for Goku to learn more about marriage from their courtship

"So you are telling me that if Mr Buu and Mrs Buu make a baby it would be stronger than them? I definitely want to fight that!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
This episode was so good.

It felt tailored made for the fans, answering a lot of questions like "Will gods be destroyed too?" "what will happen to the angels?" "is goku responsible for the death of trillions?, it gave us a good Gohan fight that ended in a respectable draw to set up his Mystic Training and it brought back the best part of Dragon Ball...POWER LEVELS!

Beerus is probably regretting destroying the Time Machine. Otherwise Bulma could just jump across multiple timelines and bring together all the Gokus and Vegetas to raise the universal ningen average.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Stairmaster posted:

answering questions about the plot the show is setting up is not fan service, my dude.

For a second there during last week's episode it felt like they were gonna gloss over some of those questions when Kaioshin commented something along the lines of "If my universe is destroyed I'll be too ashame to face the other gods"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I also enjoyed the comedic gold of 9th Universe Kaioshin being a complete douche and bragging about how his Universe had the strongest fighters while all along the Zen'os and Grand Priest knew they were all chumps.

I can't wait to see how the news of his universe being poo poo tier will impact his manerism during the last exhibition fight.

I expect the Tournament to spare the Winning universe and Runner up. Because otherwise the symmetry would be completely hosed up with 5 universes surviving. Also, if Universe 7 survives but Universe 6 gets deleted, will they assign a new twin Universe to 7? Sooo many questions

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 26, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm loving how everyone is on PTSD denial that power levels are back and argue that mortal ranking evaluates development and wealth

Can't wait to have Kaioshin next episode asking "Excuse me, what does mortal ranking take into consideration for ranking?" only for the High Priest to answer "Why, how good your universe is at Kung fu ofc".

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Adder Moray posted:

What's the bet you're proposing? There's a reason the bottom wrung is team Complete Dickfaces. Lead by "What's in it for Me" Kaioshin and "Oh jeez, Rou. I don't know about this" Destroyer of Worlds.

Well then why didn't the universe with the Superhero Team of Justice score high enough morality to get spared then?

Plus we've only seen like 3 GoDs (Beerus, Champa and Universe 9) and 3 Kaioshins (Shin, Rou, Gowasu) fleshed out, what evidence do you have to say that the other ones arent as incompetent/laidback/assholes as the others?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm happy with the decisions for this tournament. We've already got more than 25 years worth of 1v1 DB tournaments. They are exploring new territory now and I'm excited to see what comes out of it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Seeing as Toppo is supposed to be the top dog of his universe and yet in the opening we see Alien dude fighting Goku I'm starting to wonder whether

Goku gets carried away and accidentally ends up killing Toppo in their upcoming fight setting up Alien in a vendetta against Goku

or whether Toppo will purposedly Obi Wan it

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
On the other hand, now that the Tournament has been confirmed as a battle royale they will have a hard time to justify why they didn't bring Goten and Trunks and just have them fuse into Gotenks outside of "Chichi bitched about it".

After all the match just lasts 48 minutes, so as long as they don't go SSJ3 they can just stall and take down the smaller fry separatedly for the first minutes, then fuse and be more useful than frigging Roshi and Tenshinhan.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I can't remember which part it is, but Zamasu shooting energy bullets at Goku while the latter does a bunch of backflips to avoid them was great.

sassassin posted:

Why are you backflipping?

You can fly.

Hypocrisy posted:

Huh. No flying. That'll be interesting. And now back flips are the right thing to do.

He knew! The Zamasu arc was actually a training arc!

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 5, 2017

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pureauthor posted:

Gowasu has been conspicuously silent these past episodes.

Probably wishing he had someone to help make him his tea.

*contemplates the imminent end of 7 universes egged on by the same man Zamasu was afraid of*

"Maybe Zamasu was right..."

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Beerus strongly regrets ever listening to that loving fish.

The fish is this arc's Big Bad. He was the god of destruction of Universe 15 before Zeno erased it. He has 6 more final forms.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I don't get why you are all getting into this "who will beat who" discussions. Just wait for the Power Level Handbook to come out once Super ends and there you'll have all your answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Frieza is probably an intended japanese bed time story about the importance of patience.

Like the idiot trained for 4 months, all he had to do was wait 8 more months, send Sorbet back to Earth to gather the Dragon Balls and become immortal as he originally intended to and then not even Beerus would have been able to stop him.

• Locked thread