Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Luckily this is Dragon Ball, otherwise the the fact that the lord of all creation is basically a preschooler would have all sorts of terrifying implications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know it looks cool and all, but is there really any upside for Trunks to fight with a sword? Any fighter worth their salt can use ki blasts, and it's been shown that a strong enough opponent can just break it. Which seems like it would be a problem for Future Trunks especially, since there probably aren't too many blacksmiths around in his time.

e: Also people can use their ki as swords, right? Why doesn't he just do that?

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 26, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus, this still feels way longer than five minutes.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean it's not like there was a timer counting down or anything. I always interpreted that line as Freeza just trying to rattle Goku.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Black August posted:

For all the poo poo given to him, as an ex-minor villain Yamcha is a pretty decent guy with a pretty decent life, he's just shut out of the cosmic murder tier of horror and bloodshed and I'm not sure why this bothers him

Yeah I don't know why he even wants to be in the tournament so badly. I get why Goku and Vegeta like the idea of a desperate battle for survival against the strongest warriors in existence, but is that really Yamcha's idea of a good time?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pureauthor posted:

Okay, serious question: Why do people like Gohan as a fighter? His entire combat life has been a long, long series of getting rage powerups that fail to actually accomplish jack poo poo, and the one time he actually seems set to do something with that power he fucks it up so badly his dad has to sacrifice his life to bail him out.

Gohan to nerd and family man is honestly way more compelling IMO.

It's all because ssj2 Gohan was the poo poo back in the day and, like a champion boxer past his prime, it's all been downhill from there.

Basically, it's actually Gohan that's having the mid-life crisis in this arc, not Goku.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhonne posted:

Also, Gohan looks wrong in his dad's orange outfit and I hate it everytime he shows up wearing it. Piccolo or Great Saiyaman gear or nothing!

We've already got one naked guy on the team, we really don't need two.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I seriously don't get what people like so much about Cell. Sure, Imperfect Cell was kind of cool with his horror movie monster schtick, but the second he absorbed 17 he became indistinguishable from every other Z villain.

"Heh, you have no chance to beat me, I'm way stronger than you. What!? You got even strongerer!? HOW CAN THIS BE!?!?"

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jul 1, 2017

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Augus posted:

Pan's potential as a character is squandered entirely

I still haven't got over the fact that she never went super saiyan. Those lovely Goku and Vegeta lookalikes in the future with like .001% saiyan DNA can do it but she can't?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't belive GodPads are a thing.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace posted:

You know what was a good episode of Super? That one that contrasted Goku and co. having a jovial feast in the present with Future Trunks and Mai being happy to have found, inside a half destroyed building, an unopened can of meat, talking about how grateful they were that it wasn't dog food this time.

Super is good y'all.

Yeah, just too bad that all of that pathos and character development wound up meaning nothing because everyone and everything in that timeline was destroyed.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wuxi posted:

Mai and Trunks survived and lets face it, everyone else was irrelevant anyway.

Future Bulma died in vain and she didn't even get to enjoy the afterlife, because the idiot child that rules over everything destroyed it.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Honestly, if you're going to make a show based on an unfinished work, why not just wait a year and produce a bunch of episodes in advance?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheKingofSprings posted:

It wouldn't even be the first time that happened to Vegeta

18 beating Vegeta like a red headed mule was the highlight of that whole arc.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone who doesn't like the U6 saiyans, for any reason, is not worth defending.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tbp posted:

I don't like cabbas design

Cabba was a much needed breath of fresh air after the billions of steroid junkies that apparently make up the whole saiyan race.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Caulifla looks perfectly fine and I will hear no more of this body shaming.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Caros posted:

Address the fact that there is comparatively no one in this thread that is acting that way for starters? I presume everyone on this thread is a dragonball fan, yet no one is making lovely misogynistic comments about her. Its almost like reddit and youtube comments have a pretty lovely history of misogynistic and crappy comments regardless of subject matter.

Jesus, you sure are putting a lot of effort into defending anime fans. Face it dude, we are the damned and the fallen.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So is this the last arc of Super or what? It certainly feels that way,

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

LSSJG Kor Saiyajinkami

Caulifla's going to reach this form in about ten minutes.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I want everyone to imagine Nappa trying to raise his arms over his head.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Here's a question: if Gine wasn't part of the fighting force, why did she still wear armor? Saiyan culture may revolve around combat, but was there really no casualwear?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is a blatant piece of self insert fanfiction and has no right to be as good as it is.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blaze Dragon posted:

I dunno. Self-insert fanfiction would create a new protagonist that is blatantly the writer, or maybe would have them take over their favourite character. No one in their right mind would insert themselves as Yamcha. Even the protagonist points out that he could've been Goku or Vegeta, but no, he had to be Yamcha.

The manga works entirely because our protagonist is dealt a terrible hand from the beginning, and has to use the resources he does have to make his forced loss as painless as possible. Because no matter what, that's still Yamcha.

Yeah, my favorite thing about the story so far is how he starts off with fantasies of Bulma becoming his girlfriend, but then has to give that up because he can't bring himself to kill Vegeta.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just glad Freeza's having fun. That guy's had it rough lately so it's good to see him enjoying himself. :unsmith:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mabels big day posted:

Freiza in the ending is totally standing proud among the other warriors heroically gazing into the sunset on the cliff so basically he's going to be redeemed as a good guy for sure.

I burst out laughing the first time I saw that. To have that cheesy romantic music and streaming sunlight and then to have loving Freeza there is just amazing. It's like if at the end of Boogie Back one of those pictures was a photo of Mengele.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ekusukariba posted:

The arc is going to end with Angel Dad going "it's just a prank bruh" and the tournament is revealed to be a GodTube prank video

UNIVERSE DESTROYED!? FUNNY PRANK

Uploaded by xXangeldadXx

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Covok posted:

I think they factor in the numerous species that were wiped out. That fact the entire universe only has 28 planets with life on them due to Freeza's army probably looks really bad on the record books.

It would be utterly hilarious if every other universe was like Mass Effect with countless worlds teeming with life. Meanwhile the number of inhabited planets in U7 rounds down to zero.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

khwarezm posted:

DBZ really seemed like something I shouldn't be watching when I was a kid, but I don't think many kids in America or Europe would be watching Super would they? Isn't it on late on Adult Swim normally?

Japan has different standards for what's acceptable for kids than the US. All sorts of stuff that would never fly on Cartoon Network's daytime programming makes it into Japanese kids shows. Remember that the original Dragon Ball manga, which had full on boob shots, was marketed towards tweens.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

khwarezm posted:

I thought that Japan was pretty buttoned up about violence, but DBZ was far and away the most violent thing that was available to me as a kid in Ireland. Stuff like Frieza cutting himself in half or Videl getting the poo poo kicked out of her, nothing really compared.

Not to mention people dying constantly.

I think they got away with it because they never got too explicit. Freeza got cut in half, yes, but they sort of went for a Tom and Jerry deal rather than showing his guts spilling out. Plus, violence never had any real, lasting consequences. Every injury could be healed with a senzu bean, and every dead person could be wished back.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The most ridiculous part of that is how once someone advances past being a disciple they actually lose that power. Like what? How does that make any sense?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Muten Roshi-sama!?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Online Anime Community: Still Garbage

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Caros posted:

Someone claims that people dislike Caulifla based on gender, and people respond with multiple variations of "No, we dislike her because the way she is gaining power boosts to put her on par with the main cast is lazy and cheapens their accomplishments"

I'm sure you could find actual examples of people being misogynistic as gently caress because, you know, reddit. But I'm not sure what exactly you thought you were proving here.

quote:

I know you weren't looking for a lengthy response like this, and I'm guessing you're a shitlib since you're bringing gender into this, but these are my thoughts.

Also when people say "It's not because of gender/race/sexuality at all!" you probably shouldn't believe them.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, Freezers really seem to have it in for Krillin.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhjamiz posted:

Don't let Shin intimidate you, Krillin; that man is an incompetent pushover. Just put him in a headlock and noogie him into submission.

He's probably freaked out because Shin's face looks exactly like 18's.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We've already gotten a shot of Goku, with his shirt off, showing his back to the camera. For him to lose now would be an affront to God and Nature.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

Kriller time was too good to last. I hope 18 fucks Frost up.

Honestly Frost and the U7 B Team are the only ones who seem to be taking this seriously. Don't get caught in unnecessary fights, wait for an opportunity to strike, and above all else stay in the ring. 18 went off by herself, got caught off guard, and had to be rescued. If she had stuck to the plan Krillin wouldn't have had to split off from the group to rescue her, and wouldn't have been left open for Frost.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RBX posted:

Frieza has been forgotten in all this.

Goku and Jiren are going to knock each other out at the end, leaving him the victor. He'll wish for a pair of shoes that fit his feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
So is there an alternate version of Cold in U6? What would he be called? Ice? Snow?

• Locked thread