Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rirse posted:

Looks like Beerus wearing a Goku mask.

They should keep finding reasons for Beerus to dress up as other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Decided to watch Super on a whim the other day, not sure what my last exposure to DB was. Took a while to get into, seemed to start with what amounts to a filler arc, and am I right in thinking the first two arcs are retelling of the last two movies? Seems kind of odd since they were so recent. Way better than GT for sure, is that a separate continuity now? Can't remember much of it but I feel some of it doesn't work.

Anyway, Beerus and Whis are great, and it's fun that they see to be making callbacks all the way back to original Dragonball and early DBZ which often seemed to be forgotten later on. It's funny how I'm enjoying the progression even though they introduced two more levels of Super Saiyan already (3 if you include adding Kaioken to them)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So is Xenoverse worth picking up? The combat looks like it might be fun and the character creation could be neat. I know the second one is coming in a few months.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Okay, got started with Xenoverse yesterday. Made a Saiyan to be boring, a female to be less so. It's fun, but annoying how you often get stuck looking the wrong way. I don't like how there's no preview for clothing, or that there is a visible option to change the audio language out of the terrible English VO but it's not available.

Though Trunks yelling so loving loud of of my Dualshock 4 in Japanese might actually be a little more annoying.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

How do you preview? I didn't see a tooltip at the store.

I'm locking on, but it took me a while to get it working right and before that I got badly doubleteamed by Goku and Piccolo as they kept switching partners. I'm finding that it take a bit too long to adjust the bearing when my target moves around me.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So in Xenoverse I've been dumping a lot of state points into ki blast supers, and my Galick Gun seems decent, but I have Vacation Delete as an ultimate and it seems comparively weak. Am I just using it wrong?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I do like Galick Gun quite a bit, maybe more than the kamehameha.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

If Piccolo is now powerful enough to represent his Universe, I think we can see relative power as a bit more relaxed than before. Which I like, it's how Frieza could be relevant again (I also liked the "but what if I actually train?" angle)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jedah posted:

This makes me want to see a Hit spin-off episode, where he could travel around the universe assassinating targets like Golgo 13.

It's hard to imagine Hit being challenged too often, but I am a bit interested in where he came from and why someone so powerful would just work for other people.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think it's better than 50/50 Whis is stronger than Beerus. He doesn't seem to take Beerus threatening him too seriously, although he usually also gives him what he wants in response. It may just be their established dynamic and he knows he's not going to be killed unless he's careless one time and gets sneezed on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

It seems odd that Toryama introduced 2 distinct fusion methods in one arc. Maybe I've forgotten something but why couldn't Goku and Vegeta just fusion dance themselves?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It feels really poppy and doesn't match the character voices to me. The other translator they had do vol 3 did a lot of Z and her stuff reads much better overall. Though she's probably responsible for Boo the Djinn and Vegerot so ehhh

Huh, never got that far in the Viz translation. Interpreting Majin as Djinn might work, interesting idea, and myself I did always find the Vegeto compound name not working in English being a bit offputting. Kakketa? Kageta?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If Vegeta steals Future Zamasu, or regular yellow guy's, potara earring and puts it on would he fuse with Black Goku and be Darker Vegito?

Isn't Black wearing it on the other ear as Zamasu did to prevent that? Neat idea though.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Dias posted:

The funny thing is that I feel power creep got so RIDICULOUS in Super it actually made power levels less important, or at least the whole "Goku overcomes the villain's power level barrier" thing. Sure, there's still guys getting stronger and super-powerful villains, but Goku still hasn't got poo poo on Beerus and Whis, and the latter is never shy to say there's even more powerful people around. There's an entity now that could end THE MULTIVERSE around, so this Goku Black thing feels scaled-down even though it blows past Majin Boo on a "threat to universe" scale.

My favourite power creep observation right now is that Vegeta at about PL 16,000 was going to blow up the Earth with the Galick Gun, which Goku countered with a kaioken ×4 Kamehameha.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't want Super Saiyan Rosé to be a thing Vegeta and Goku get because Blue is better than Red. :colbert:

The wrong opinion. Although Goku already had SSG which was red. Maybe Potara shenanigans will lead to Vegetto SS Purple, which would be best.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

This is what happens in Future Trunk's timeline to explain why Mai is still young there.

I think it's before future Trunks arrives and branches time, it explains her being a tween in the current timeline.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rodyle posted:

Rewatched a bunch of Abridged today, sort of curious, what're everyone's favorite abridged fights?

I think mine is 18 vs Vegeta. After that it's probably Goku vs Freeza and the Piccolo vs Imperfect fights.

I've just started on it, was not expecting there to be a sort of Aqua Teen Hunger Force fan ep in there! I can see why people like Abridged Nappa so much now.

They seem to be matching most of the Funimation dub voices so far as I'm aware, which I mostly know from Xenoverse now, is there a version of Recombe and Ginyu that they based their versions on, or did they just spin those characters off a different way whilst Guldo, Jeice and Burta stayed as they were? I know there are other english dubs out there, so maybe they come from there?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

SirKibbles posted:

:yeah: It's some master level punning right there

Is it? I thought it was just a tribute to Piccolo, which is pretty sweet. Or is there more to it?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

gently caress, I thought of pan = pain = bread just now but that's incredible.

Doesn't Bra have to show up quite soon?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

The timeline stopped making sense after Toriyama forgot and retconned the poo poo out of it in Super. Bra might not exist anymore, the only thing that she appears in is the epilogue which Toriyama has, deliberately or otherwise (let's not kid ourselves, it's the latter), made completely inconsistent with the show.

What specifically was the inconsistencies? I can barely remember to epilogue.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I want to see Vegeta and Bulma's discussion about the tail.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jedah posted:

Yeah, you would think so, right? Since they're supposed to be a "pair" and everything. My understanding is that it's a new concept introduced in Super, I don't recall it being discussed before Whis spilled the beans.

As far as the last episode goes, everything was incredibly good and cool and I have no complaints. However, why didn't Goku and Vegeta go for a Gogeta fusion right off the bat? I would have a tough time believing that SSJ Rose Black Goku is stronger than SSJ Blue Gogeta. It seems like it would be a land-slide victory for them, even with his evil Ki sword.

I suppose Vegeta was too eager to get revenge, and wanted to duel. Vegeta's gotta job, or this just isn't Dragonball.

I don't know if there are any canon instances of Goku and Vegeta doing the fusion dance now. Plus obviously Vegeta needs to take a crack at it alone.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Goku didn't try Kaioken this time, but maybe it wouldn't be worth the risk against Black, who quite possibly also knows it.

Maybe they should just hire Hit to deal with him?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Wouldn't a GoD be cool with the idea someone else is doing his job for him? IIRC Beerus hasn't blown up a planet since the Frieza arc of Super (that we know of). Dude is slacking.

They might regard it as blasphemy for lesser beings to muscle in on their gig.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Speaking of deviation from existing design, I wish Goku and Vegeta kept wearing their gear from Resurrection F. Seems odd Vegeta is still wearing what is basically Freiza army gear. Goku was just overdue a change.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Basically Saiyan blood is homeopathic.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Didn't Vegeta repress the memory of Beerus anyway?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Part of why I'd like to see Vegetto again is that with Super's formula they might need to wait to collect the Dragonballs or for them to reset and need to deal with normal life as a fused entity.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Why would they have to wait? Bulma has a time machine.

gently caress. It got broken, or Pilaf nicked it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

sassassin posted:

My theory is Beerus doesn't understand time travel or multiverse theory. And neither does Toei.

Well his main exposure to time manipulation is Whis's Temporal Do-over, which appears to not create new timelines and completely undoes the previous 3 minutes.

On that note, I like to think Beerus has actually killed Goku and Vegeta a bunch of times, frequently by accident like sneezing a ki-blast at them or breaking their backs in his sleep, but Whis has always been able to fix it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I watched the dubbed "Super" (actually branded as Z) movies and found them pretty enjoyable, they really seemed to make the dialogue work. The DB dubs I've seen long ago were pretty awkward so that was cool.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So wasn't Mai an adult, or at least teenage in DB? Does her being "almost thirty" in BotG just not sense?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Covok posted:

Green dick is better than blue dick!

Hey doesn't have a penis! I checked!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

throwing someone at a mountain is just how the namekians show affection

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODGE!!!!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Law Cheetah posted:

thats murder. vegito has a right to life too

Fused Lives Matter.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kild posted:

kaiserneko is voice 13.

Didn't check the other voices, is it based on a DBZA character? I did find an NPC with Abridged Nappa voice that just says "Vegeta?" when you talk to him.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Speaking of, TP Trunk's still has purple hair instead of blue. He is supposed to be the adult Trunks we know from DBZ/Super right?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kin posted:

edit: Super really feels like it's making effort here and there to tie previous plotlines into the main continuity, i don't think it would be too much of a stretch for the Movies to be retconned in in some capacity.

They could just link DBS continuity to Xenoverse and explain the movies and GT as alternative timelines.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Small note, Trunks in Super now wears a turtle neck, as he does under his coat as leader of Time Patrol, possibly a deliberate choice? DBS did change his hair to Blue, which hasn't applied to TP Trunks though.

Would be interesting if they worked SSJ4 into DBS, since it's not just a progression of regular SSJ. Could rename it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Trunks seems to do the Galick Gun in the preview, as well as appearing to do Final Flash again in the episode. He has to do the Big Bang Attack before we're done. Masenko as well!

I like how Bulma is probably the only person who can make Beerus show even a little shame, and even then he almost brushed it off.

What a brilliant bit highlighting Vegeta's development now. He still wants to be the strongest, it just the motivation that changed. It's really good how much they are leaving unsaid but apparent. As mentioned, Trunks doesn't say his idea is to fight as Gotenks, but you think that and think of Vegetto/Gogeta. I suppose they could borrow Potara from one of the Kaio, the problem is that Zamasu and Black can fuse themselves whenever they want and with less reason to hesitate. Zamaku/Gokasu or whatever probably wouldn't even have the double voice. It's actually a tad inconsistent that Black speaks with Goku's voice, but obviously the mystery element wouldn't have worked then.

Rutibex posted:

I liked the brief moment of reanimated Dragonball Classic :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2tKIGfNAo

Yeah, that actually seemed to have more animation budget than the stuff framing it.

• Locked thread