Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So someone help me out here. From what I understand 82 White Chain met with the leader of the Angels, or at least throes that aren't Thorns now, who is 2 Michael. 2 Michael was angry at 82 White Chain for failing to bring Allison to him immediately, and had 82's body destroyed, sending her to...wherever it is angels go. The void? Anyway she quickly thereafter meets 6 Juggernaut Star, who invites her to tea and to discuss prospects of working with one another. 6 Juggernaut explains what the key in Alison's head is, a key forged from the power of the angel 1 Metatron, and that he needs for the key to be united with Alison's boyfriend, who he believes to be the successor to the Old King. 6 Juggernaut himself does not want this, he wants to purge Throne of all non-Angels, but his master does, whom I presume to be 1 Metatron. With the Old King's heir/reincarnation brought to Metatron the angel will be reborn whole again. 82 White Chain doesn't want to work with the Thorns, and so now they are threatening her by executing 23 Delicious.

That last part is what I don't quite understand, why is 23 there, how did they get there, and what exactly is the point of executing them? I can understand if it's partially to try and coerce 82, but when she agrees to help 6 is still going through with the execution. What would have 6 done if 82 had leapt at the offer from the start? Would he still have brought her here and kill 23 in front of her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It could be that Angels that die in the void still reincarnate, but as a completely new being rather than as themselves in a new form.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So do we know for certain an angel's number corresponds to how many times they've reincarnated? Because I always assumed it denoted the order in which they were created.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
404 Angelic Temperament Displaced To The Void

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
666 Crawling In My Skin These Wounds They Will Not Heal

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's nice to see Cio without a perpetual scowl on her face.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Where is this generator?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This is objectively better than the posts it references.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Lobe posted:

It's fine if he wants to have his silmarillion, I'd love to read that myself, but K6BD seems like it is meaning to tell more of a Lord of the Rings. Some exposition is fine and maybe even necessary, as are signs that a lot more is going on than what we see and know, but the most important thing is the story of the chief actors.

Dozens of pages at a time were dedicated to backstory and other boring poo poo in the LOTR books, so maybe you should pick a better example.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Have we actually confirmed that an angel's number corresponds to their number of reincarnations? Because honestly it seems more like a hierarchy. 2 Michael would directly below 1 Metatron, and above 3 [whoever].

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Mentalizer posted:

Yes, it's been explicitly stated by the author but I can't find the post at the moment where he did so.

Oh. Well never mind then.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

obviously, whichever god created allisons earth is far more wise and benevolent than our own if they decided to omit the island exclusively inhabited by things that kill you

Technically anything could kill you under the right circumstances. It's just that Australia is inhabited by things that can/will kill you in all circumstances.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Oblivious posted:

JAGGANOTHS RING AND FAVOR AND PROTECTION

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO BECOME UNNNNSTOPPABLE

"Ya see yon gold-plated git what Ye saved earlier-wise?"

"Yyyyyyyeah?"

"KICK 'IM OFF THA LEDGE!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

Q:Anonymous said
Do Angels have a say in the aesthetics of their bodies when they are formed?

A: Not particularly, nor do they particularly mind, just that their form is able and intimidating.

Makes sense, but interesting nonetheless. I really hope we can see an angel (probably White Chain) being bound to their body soon.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Benson Cunningham posted:

The worst part about binging through a webcomic is when you catch up.

So uh, how do you guys deal with the downtime? Just whisky and sadness?

And self-loathing! Very important.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Comrade Gorbash posted:

You're giving the Greek gods way too much credit.

Right. As far as we know Solomon never raped anyone disguised as a cloud of piss like Zeus did.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Man, Jojo had some dope outros.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
99 Billion Served

4 th Meal

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Every time someone calls him Juggs for the briefest moment I think they're talking not about three pairs of bomb-rear end tittays. It's very confusing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SexyBlindfold posted:

By the way this is neither here nor there but I just want to lay it out so I can congratulate myself for guessing it years from now: Incubus has so far only appeared in Alison's dreams because he's literally just a dream. He sometimes sends sleazy-looking fuckboys in his stead to formal occasions, but for the most part all he can actually do is creep on people's dreams. He's some Sandman-rear end motherfucker.

Hey! Sandman was perfectly capable of existing in the mortal realm when the need suited him. And he only rarely sleazed on anyone, he was much more of a Nice Guy. :colbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Many Nice Guys make their ex's lives hell too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wiegieman posted:

Maya's a beggar knight now. They foreswear violence, except in defense.

Which means we get to see Juggernaut Star blender his way through the mercs and then run smack dab into her.

What do we know about Maya?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wiegieman posted:

Maya is probably the toughest character we've met, barring Zoss. She conquered a considerable number of universes, before she decided to do more important things.

Where was that mentioned?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is the power of Want explained at all? Because I have some ideas about what it is, but they're probably wrong.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Allstone posted:

Ahahahahaaha holy poo poo

"Hi, I'm Aesma, and this is Jackass."

*assumes her fourth war form and moons YISUN*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

Solomon David is the sanest you get out of this group, and he's an utterly brutal tyrant who meets any form of dissent with complete decimation.

Solomon David is too sane.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tollymain posted:

minor typos aside, the final installment of aesma and the red eyed king is fantastic

You ever been so mad you had to hit a motherfucker with another motherfucker?

Well Aesma was so mad she hit a motherfucker with ALL the motherfuckers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't have anything to ask, but I did want to tell you your comic is rad and I bet you're a cool dude.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Operant, I actually do have a question:

Is there, or was there ever, a dipshit more furious than Aesma?

Edit:

Ok, for real question, have you played the game Asura's Wrath and if so was it an influence on K6BD? Asura was exactly the sort of person YISUN would have loved.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Since she's a witch those guns are probably just floating and firing on their own, but I like to believe that her technique consists of really, really good juggling skills paired with sharpshooting.

"Hey, you're pretty good."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

consider: there is no such thing as canon

There are such things as cannons, though.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

akulanization posted:

Just make poo poo up, it's what everyone else is doing.

The true secret to the power of Want is that it's whatever you want it to be.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone please link the edit where 6 Juggs is all "HURR DURR I'M A STUPID PIECE OF poo poo MORTAL LOOK AT ME DRINK BOILED LEAF WATER".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

nimby posted:

There are mythological wheel angels in the bible, so it'd not be without precedent.

Yeah, but he was humanoid-shaped in the Void and not one of those aforementioned flaming-wheels made entirely of lidless eyes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
One a little bit Country, the other a little bit Rock and Roll.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

I'm surprised it worked on a boss, the useful status spells almost never do

Someone's obviously never played Shin Megami Tensei.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

akulanization posted:

The blade of want is your ability to alter reality to more closely align with your desires through violence.

The true power of Want is whatever a master (haha) wants it to be.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ZeroCount posted:

Zoss probably told everyone, I doubt he shut up much when he was alive. Allison just understands it on an infinitely deeper level.

Actually, much like Aesma, Allison's advantage is that she doesn't understand it at all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Royalty is just telling Reality to go gently caress itself when it tries to tell you that you can't do whatever dope poo poo you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

so if understand this, things like Mayas sword work on the principle of her wanting something to be cut in half enough for it to happen, right?

I believe wanting something to happen is merely the first, but most important step. After that you have to make it happen by no longer giving a poo poo about things like "logic" or "possibilities" and doing it anyway.

Edit:

Basically this, except you give the permit to the universe.

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 3, 2016