Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

David's gonna land right on a tiny chunk of Juggernaut that pierces right through his sandal and impales his foot like a stepdad walking on a LEGO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Joe Slowboat posted:

There’s not really any evidence of her being able to force the worm - I’m pretty sure when she devours a world she literally just totally eats people with a mass of worms. After all, the name of the play is Man, and its hero the Conqueror Worm. She maybe can rebuild them out of worms but I imagine she’s bad at it - one thing Gog Agog isn’t very good at is subterfuge, based on literally everything we’ve seen her do on screen.

It's really dangerous to assume someone's bad at lying, especially when they're going out of their way to present themselves to you. "Oh look I'm an idiot goofball and you can read me like a book, there's no way I could pull one over on you so you can trust anything I say." Gog Agog is a master manipulator, she definitely didn't win by the sword. And yet since she's a literal dancing clown none of the other Demiurges take her seriously.

vvv Edit: The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making you believe he sucked at fiddling.

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 26, 2020

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

My pet theory is that Gogz is secretly allied with Jaggy because that's the cleanest suckerpunch I can picture, but it's just a hunch and I don't care to put forth a supporting argument.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

I hope Juggernaut Star is positively affected by this development. Like yeah she's a bastard but even bastards don't deserve to live an eternity in hopelessness.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Mazerunner posted:

the thing i hate about this chapter is abb saying there's a thing to hate cause everyone just spills a load o hot air about nonsense on it

I feel like the thing we were gonna hate was just that Allison straight up lost the tournament in the semifinals to interparty treachery, and that already happened months ago and it's just been bleated about endlessly since then.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

paranoid randroid posted:

so did you put this much thought into the ramifications of stealing a civilian's cigarettes in iraq or was that just kind of autopilot

Screw the comic, you're the real reason I follow the thread pary rando

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Juggernaut Star is a slave and is basically crushed into the mold of apocalyptic avenger, and in her pain she has learned to hate everything. But it isn't willful. This isn't what she'd be doing if it was her choice. It's misguided to consider her a 'hardcore enforcer' so much as another victim of oppression, forced to become a monster.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

wiegieman posted:

Juggernaut Star is a victim, but she's still probably going to need to get her rear end kicked.

Kicking her rear end is kind of old hat at this point, she's sort of become a jobber as far as nemeses go. Hopefully she comes around and throws off the yoke herself, the flame growing as White Chain shares it etc, but you might be right.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZU3fi08-o

This feels like it has the right energy for Slam 6 Billion Demons

I'm sorry, did you mean to post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNbNqnjfPx4?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Niavmai posted:

abbadon confirmed that the thing we would hate has been moved to the next book.

The real thing we would hate was the friends we made along the way.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Punished "Venom" Allison

Tenasscity posted:

Big JoJo energy coming off Allison.

Guts too.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Joe Slowboat posted:

The correct read.
Abaddon fridging the supporting cast would be incredibly weak and the cheapest possible way to raise stakes here.

Agreeeeed. The stakes are already fully apparent.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

On the other hand it's a bit of a stretch to call it a cycle and stress the term when it's really just one person who's ever done this thing before. And it's not even like, happening the same way. How can Zoss be so sure Allison will be as bad of a Ruling King as him if he hasn't ever seen anyone but him do this extremely unique job?

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

GunnerJ posted:

Not exactly uncommon for characters who've seen the error of their ways to draw conclusions from other characters making the same mistakes tbh.

I don't disagree, but that's hardly a 'cycle'. I don't hang around my former workplaces telling people to break the cycle of me having been really fuckin' awful at that job.

Zoss thought he could be a better God than God Actual so he went upstairs to impeach him and take over. He was wrong and he did a pretty lovely job, so he gave his power to A Random Girl that didn't know or want any of this poo poo and now he's just hanging around as a ghost telling her she'd make a lovely queen because he himself didn't do so great. Maybe Failed God Zoss is not the guy to listen to. Maybe the male voices in her ear are all equally poison and she should go her own way.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

What if Allison makes it to the top and murders the concept of Cruelty? Just cuts it out of all realities. I mean I feel like Zoss didn't really use his supergod powers very intelligently if he left in all this bad code.

There can't have been multiple heirs without a timeloop, and I'm sort of on board with not having a timeloop because time travel stories are usually pretty annoying. Otherwise:

Why do the demiurges all act like this is the first time Zoss has ever had an heir? Why do they never talk about having dealt with heirs in the past? Why did we watch Zoss literally die in the first sequence of the comic if there are one or more heirs between him and Allison? Is there a Cavern of the Incarnate where all the failed Nerevarines can show up to give Allison advice on how to reach heaven through Violence as ordained in the 36 Lessons of Vivec?

Reclaimer fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 31, 2020

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Thanks, I hate it.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Where's Cio though

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Is it really a huge surprise that the guy who is known to have hosed up everything in the first place is perhaps a bit of a fuckup?

Like, I never really took Zoss at face value anyway, because the theme of an old man telling a young woman what to do being a right and good thing doesn't really jive with the rest of the comic.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Captain Oblivious posted:

Or to put it another way, I think the reason why Zoss is probably MOSTLY trustworthy is he is not an Old Man telling a young woman what to do, he’s an Old Man telling a young woman “here’s how I hosed up REAL bad please try anything other than that and hopefully be better than me”.

He's got his finger on the reset button in case she doesn't resolve this impossible situation to his liking. He's still loving up.

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I mean Zoss pretty much says the same thing as Jags here:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-141/

Jags' revelation is that Zoss is Metatron's catspaw though.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Everyone is stuck in a cycle of violence regardless of Zoss doing looper poo poo. The only one in command of that power is an antagonist and another loop happening is a worst case scenario because it instantly and permanently removes our heroine from the story along with all the relationships she formed along the way.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

eke out posted:

i take this one as direct confirmation of that, yeah, the gender is too apparent, it's always been a young man and it probably should've been Zaid but something's different

tbh, from what Zoss has personally said on camera, it seems like he personally is trying to change. it sure doesn't seem like Jagganoth is describing a Zoss that was urging his previous Heirs to move past violence and the idea that you can just win via domination like he's been doing with Allison

I don't think Zoss picked Allison on purpose, he just didn't have sight or hearing and blindly grabbed what he thought was Zaid in a desperate clutch play.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Captain Oblivious posted:

Chalk me up for another who found his narrative there a bit confusing.

The Heir probably kills the other six and then Jags takes their keys and makes a second completed Key of Kings and then Zoss hits restart in a bald panic.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

GlyphGryph posted:

Or is the assumption that the thorn knights have secretly gone rogue along with Jag here and metatron doesn't know.

This is literally what happened, except Metatron does know.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

paranoid randroid posted:

what if jagganoth has one of those nasally, rapid fire debate kid voices

Fate doesn't care about your feelings.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

GreyjoyBastard posted:

theory: he successfully destroys the universe yet again this time and the final reboot leads to Alison training with Maya at that point

What does Maya actually have to teach Allison that would be useful? She's a drunken burnout consumed by revenge whose only life skill is overwhelming violence.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Cio looks like she's freaking the gently caress out but she always does whenever she's in actual danger because she's got the temperment of an especially-nervous cat so I think all told she's holding it together quite well by staying on-task and not being dead.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Schwarzwald posted:

Focusing all your power into a highly compressed single point is a very cool idea kung fu magic.

Focusing all your power into several points is "regular punching."

Ki Rata isn't focusing all your power into several points, it's focusing all your power into a highly compressed single point several times simultaneously hth

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Does it really count if theyre your protagonists and they ate poo poo in the process of protagonist-ing
Theyre not going to be killed for the sake of cheap drama.

You're thinking of fridging, BYG is still BYG even if it's a plot point.

That said I'm not super worried about it here.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Nilbop posted:

I'm genuinely surprised at people willing to question Abaddon's handling of LGBTQIA+ characters (or any characters), given their ongoing track-record these past 9 years.

Unless this is just an idle thought experiment.

I explained a trope, then specifically stated I wasn't worried about it here. Even if Cio dies, which :smithfrog: seems pretty likely right now.

I don't think anyone's doing what you're surprised at.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

It's easy, he just had to get pressured enough to fill up his limit break. You can't just walk into a fight and immediately use your most powerful attack, this is Shonentown.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Potato Salad posted:

lol in what remote weird way is any of this like star wars

There is a war and there are stars

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Dr Subterfuge posted:

If I had to guess the moment that was originally intended to end the last book, it was the reveal of Alison losing her arm and eye and starting to fall out of the sky.

Nonono.

It's "Welp."

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

And they were roommates.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Hell yeah I thought I was the only one who remembered It Hurts when I read that.

I don't see how Allison could survive a malevolent Jadis. Like, she can in no way protect herself and all her allies are dead, and now she's being transported to a second location. Despite the many, many red flags it makes it hard for me to imagine Cube Witch having cruel intentions here.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Cruel intentions don't have to be violent

I mean she's physically and emotionally broken, even like going in on her hard with some mind games would probably destroy her at this point.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Or maybe it's an empty loving platitude from an old man who failed.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Pooperant

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

God only made 777,777 universes and tbh they all kinda suck.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Bilirubin posted:

God's apparently found the part he hated (he stans Cio)

Yes, She does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

but never killed

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Solomon's kamikaze doing even that much is incredibly impressive, but I thought it was pretty clear from the narrative that they'd never be able to kill him without full cooperation from all the demiurges.

The comic is all about performing feats that everyone from experts to amateurs declares to be impossible. It shouldn't be assumed that Solomon's attack failed to kill any more than it should be assumed that it worked.