Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Darth Walrus posted:

All this talk about masculine Order and feminine Chaos makes me think Jordan Peterson was on a catastrophically inept quest to attain Royalty.

Forging a lobster claw into a tuning fork for the voice of God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Lobe posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1234899769073586178

interesting new insight into royalty. this would seem to suggest Maya is more royal than the Demiurges.

I guess that isn't that surprising.

https://twitter.com/BahuWrites/status/1234918183544352768?s=19

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wiegieman posted:

Maya can't beat Incubus. He has a key, she doesn't, and those with that kind of power simply can't be fought.

Didn't Clo steal a key from Mammon?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I am excited to learn what "purging the horizon" looks like.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

this is now a heavens gate comic

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I told you man

I TOLD you
about trans rights

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

YaketySass posted:

More broadly it'd probably be easier to count the characters in this comics that don't have some sort of self-loathing issues.

1. Zoss

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Paramemetic posted:

B team lookin' pretty captured.

Should have called the A Team

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

can an angel wear a devil mask

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Lobe posted:

also the reason a devil's mask can work on a human is that humans have the same flame type as devils, but more stable. devils feed off the relative stability of human soul essence, which is a different flavor from the soul essence of angels and servants

Isn't all life fundamentally fire?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

soooo, when fighting David, you need to be ready to wield a prompt first strike?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Phy posted:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Violets, blue
Roses, red
You are al-
-ready dead.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Lots of people have those without their being Emissaries that get their juice straight from a Demiurge's key.

Some of them have fakes, just as fashion, some are just personally powerful enough that they have a real diminutive version, much like the (many) Demiurges of old had before they all got whittled down and condensed into the 7 of today.

Maya is likely in that 'just personally powerful enough to have one of her own' crowd. Can't remember what they're called, off-hand, but they're a thing outside of the Demiurge keys.

edit: Ley-Stones. That's what they're called.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-16/

Anybody can have one, they're separate from actual Keys to gates, and the ones that aren't fakes (to look more powerful/important than you actually are) get bigger and more impressive the more powerful you are. Naturally, demiurges can pump some of their power into someone, and their Ley-Stone would become more impressive as a result, so it's the natural assumption one would make for most people meeting someone with one like that (you know, impressive).

Maya has a pretty dang big one...because she's Maya, end of story. Most people would probably assume she's wearing a fake...because what would a drunken noodle-glutton possibly be doing with an actual Ley-Stone that size and luster?

I forgot how utterly fantastic that chapter was.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-34/

Combat power and gate use might not even be the greatest, most important power of the master key. The yellow devils in this chapter recognized Allison's apparently-effortless, intuitive binding of an ebon demon as something that requires a Key of Kings, straight up. It seems to me like all of this politicking between the demiurges is really only kind of a subplot - the most minor, recent history - of the creation story in K6BD. The course of history of the K6BD universe probably more largely concerns Zoss and the bindings he made with who-knows-how-many demons before or during his conquest of heaven. The taming of some (or a large part) of Yis's creation fire invested in demons/devils is probably a critical item in the How To Successfully Conquer The Universe checklist.

I'm only a recent K6BD reader. Has the possibility that most of the devils in the universe are bound to Zoss come up? That the old ebon demon who lost the drinking contest completely lost his form because he broke not just his most recent binding to Allison, but also his original binding to Zoss?

Tangent:
https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-35/
Royalty is a continuous drinking motion.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Happy Underpants posted:

This man was the only person to ever defeat Meti. He lived a meaningless life of mediocrity and noodles. He often threw his head back and laughed at how bullshit everything was. He achieved royalty by having no time or concern for it. He was buried in a plain grave and mourned only by the more devoted of his family and a few fans of his noodles. He was the smallest and most meager crawling thing. He had and will have no equal.

Royalty is a continuous :jerkbag: -ing motion

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

white chain knows the fourth syllable of royalty:

Diamond

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

every page

EVERY page of this chapter has been a loving baller surprised

K6BD is some next level poo poo

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There Bias Two posted:

I really can't imagine what sort of stance Abbadon will take with this that would be philosophically satisfying.

Allison is going to die later in the story, and she isn't going to give a poo poo about it.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Paramemetic posted:

Because in order to become god you have to be over being god

If you want to be god or you think being god is something worthy of your effort, you're not truly free. You have an attachment and a desire and that rules you.

Actually being royalty means not giving a poo poo about being royalty, otherwise you're just stuck pretending like all these demiurges

https://youtu.be/Ia4UjRTKBaY

Vegeta on finally ascending only after giving up control.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Motherfucker posted:

me, clueless: Today I'm gonna [become a] king.

*sells bomb-rear end noodles and lives joyously for the rest of their life*

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

M_Gargantua posted:

Whenever anybody links DBZ I will always point you to the superior DBZ abridged take on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65MLS6_w9Q&t=443s

See, I see the two as the same

DBZA absolutely nailed Vegeta as a character

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Royalty is a continuous bandsaw motion

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

can't make a chicken by prematurely breaking the egg

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Z

O

S

S

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

thread gettin weird

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mr. Lobe posted:

these conquering armies have destroyed civilizations that developed nuclear arms

I don't think Allison is up to the task of repelling an invasion yet

Even Solomon can't contain a Thirty Cubit Spear

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

On a good day, Allison probably has the ability to one-shot prime angels

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

PMush Perfect posted:

"Only one more title drop in the entire series." :ohdear:

It's almost over?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think that royalty is still important, it just seems that Zoss, a conquerer and ruler and killer, was not able to pull it off.

It's possible that Zoss doesn't know the seventh syllable of royalty, the one about speaking "I" internally with a tongue drenched in the blood of your lovers. The last page's caption about hands becoming useless once they pick up a sword might be the key to understanding this: Zoss is a killer who ultimately conquered others that did not fit into his plan for the universe, He didn't know how to rule without doing this, and he ended up caring too much about an end state away from ruin.

When it comes to ruling the universe, it makes intuitive sense to me that teleological rule will never be organic enough, free enough, dynamic enough to last and adjust to changes and stress over time.

Royalty that endures releases a significant fraction of its power to allow systems evolve as they will. Rule flexibly enough that your kingdoms can adjust to change without building up pressure and cracking, spiraling into ruin.

Anyway here's freebird

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

NecroMonster posted:

you can't "pull royalty off" it's a "continuous" cutting motion. You don't get to stop ever, you never reach a destination.

hence the argument against teleological rule

Zoss can't sustain it, whether he ever reached it or not

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Yesh posted:

Maybe Royalty should be a discrete grinding motion instead. Allison could, uh, reinvent the wheel so to speak

Nuke the universe.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gog wormed Solomon overnight.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hostile V posted:

They're old-school royalty though. New royalty is that plus being inclusive and respecting queer folx and marginalized people.

Old Monarch Royalty vs New Team-Effort Royalty

(The proletariat is a team :ussr: )

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Incubus was never going to be the final boss; His entire gambit is 'make Allison deal with Jagganoth for me", and if Allison can actually put down Jagganoth then that means she can pretty easily put down Incubus too. Jagganoth makes sense as the final boss, because he's the Demiurge that all the others are terrified of.

Besides, Auntie Maya will probably get to Incubus first.

Twist: Jagganoth practices the right form of Royalty - he's a revolutionary constantly reminding himself to surrender external control and simply mind his own affairs, which includes preparation for war with the other six

Feels unlikely, but I would totally dig the strongest of them also being somewhat thoughtful on the failures of his peers

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Motherfucker posted:

*walks out onto the arena floor.

*squats and scribbles on the floor

*picks up big red splotchy crayon drawing.

"This is your blood, I have drawn"

Book five becomes a legal drama spanning nine decades of litigation on the differences between drawing and sketching.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

🤡 Imagine having a sword 🤣

this post brought to you by the Royalty gang

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

10VG's voice

https://youtu.be/UOqQ-CWA14Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

I get the feeling David isn't going to take that well.

drat, AB hasn't even taken his final form: https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1275654450787553283?s=20

You ever seen an explosion of so much positive gay energy that it destroys a planet and kills a god?