Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

DrunkenGarbageCan, you were looking for the image with the rep items by cartel packs, I don't have it handy since on mobile but if you look in the old thread, I'm the one who posted it last. You should be able to find it.

Medullah posted:

Tor Fashion has a good guide as well on what is available.

Many thanks I remembered it being on TOR Fashion but a lot of the site was giving me 404 errors yesterday and Google completely failed me.

Here's a another quick PvP guide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Can someone remind me how SWTOR's taunt works (in pve)? The tooltip says it forces the enemy to attack you for 6 seconds; does it also bump you to the top of the threat table, or is it literally just the 6 seconds that it gives you?

I'm assuming that taunts in this game are "oh poo poo, i lost aggro" buttons, and that I shouldn't be using them as part of my normal threat-building rotation if things are otherwise going well? I know that in some MMOs, taunts just build a bunch of aggro points, but iirc SWTOR isn't like that.

Taunt puts you at 30% more threat than the highest threat on a target. If a target has no threat (i.e. you use it to open a fight) it'll add nothing.

Edit: in opening a fight you should taunt after you use you're two most threatening attacks. For Sins this would be Force Pull->Shock->Taunt. No DPS can generate enough threat to counter that giving you an excellent cushion. During the fight Taunt should be used on CD unless an aggro drop or swap mechanic is present.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 10, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Thanks. I definitely wasn't using it that way, haha. That explains some things that happened in KP last night.

What would be a good opener for a jugg then? Aegis > Crushing blow > Backhand > Taunt, maybe?

Charge->Enrage->Crushing Blow->Backhand->Taunt->Saber Reflect with always using Retaliation on CD when procced.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

The one thing I don't get is that I haven't seen any of the hypercrates on the GTN for less than 6.5 million. I guess the gold sellers have not got their hands on them yet?

It's the same on Harbinger. I set aside 40m and was going to snap up any I needed rep for that listed for 4.5m or less but so far they're hovering around 6m.

People may be hoarding to speculate on them after the expansion as well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also dressed up my scoundrel to look like Omar from The Wire, and I'm really looking forward to that Nico Okarr duster coming out, because it'll be pretty perfect.

It's just a recolored Troublemaker Duster if you want one now.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Work in progress but here you go

The troublemaker duster is 2.5 mil on the GTN right now so i'll just wait a week and use the Nico Okarr duster I think

heh Omar'comin was the original name of my Scoundrel at release when Scrapper was godly. Changed it when I switched to Sawbones for Ranked sometime after 2.0.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Rafzakael posted:

I've tried Dulfy, Reddit, and Google and haven't found anything thats remotely up-to-date aside from the Dulfy stuff for PvE. I understand the expansion is near so a few things will change, but it's still kind of frustrating that I can't find any solid PvP stuff.

All the class forums on the official forums have guides otherwise I can answer specific questions.

Defiance Industries posted:

The only thing less important to SWTOR than raiding... Is PvP.

And yet queues, at least on Harbinger, are less than a minute at all lvls, all day everyday.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Fuzz posted:

This is why Darth Marr is awesome, because he's LS as all gently caress. Marr basically is the LS Sith Warror, something he even sort of points out if you're an LS SW and do the SoR stuff... he specifically says that you're not that much different from him, and he knew the two of you would see eye to eye when he calls you the Empire's Wrath.

Eh calling Marr Light Side is a bit of a misnomer...he's just more pragmatic lawful evil than the cackling "gently caress you got mine" neutral evil Sith like the DS Inquis or Palpatine. He is definitely bloodthirsty and loves war, specifically murdering the heck out of the Republic and Jedi.

In the comics he also drove a Moff who had lost a battle to suicide just by showing him his face.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

As for Marr's face, my bet is him looking like this

Lies and slander. Behold! The visage of an empire...

Search your feelings; You know it to be true!

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

Did you mean ? :v:

It was the only Kephess image I had saved. Don't blame me if BW used Qyzen placeholders for Kephess Achievements. :colbert:

Edit: Besides we all really know how Marr's unmasking will go.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 13, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Okay. I may spend too much time on this game...but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyTiq1llcLA

Holy poo poo 45k Achievement points and 28 60's and even I'm embarrassed for that person. I really, really hope that was made jokingly but somehow I doubt it.

Fifteen of Many posted:

Aw, that's disappointing if it turns out the case. Was hoping it'd be possible to reliably check them out. Oh well!

It's always going to be that way so long as there is the Tank/Heal/DPS trinity...groups are just too easy to come by for Tanks and to a lesser extent Heals to risk a bad group.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

FYI the price of Exonium on the GTN just went from 3500 to 200k. Guessing people speculating they'll convert to the new hard mode mats. So if you have any and want to try and cash in, nows the time. I took the 4 we had in the guild bank and put them up for guild funds, please don't undercut me. :)

Ahh neat I've got like 3 full stacks of Exonium that I never really did anything with.

Fake edit: they're still under 10k on Harbinger. JC must have gone Exonium crazy for some reason.

Double Secret Members Only Edit: With transfers being so cheap I've been moving items between servers and making a very good profit. This may be one of those times.

Medullah posted:

Oh snap, datamined loot tables for 4.0 operations

I decided to peek...it'll be nice to have multiple options per piece.

If you want to make money crafting Implants are looking good for it.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Oct 15, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

Back in my day, there were tons of companion gifts available, for reasonable prices, too. :corsair:

They're very popular for GTN flipping. I make around a million a day on them checking the GTN twice a day and while I'm waiting on WZ's to pop.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah I spent alot of time learning the "ideal" implant schematics when 3.0 hit and unfortunately they just weren't that much better than the Yavin basic comm ones, and the purple mats just never seemed to drop from diplomacy. I'm hoping with the focus on simpler crafting along with mastery I'll be able to make some money off implants. Assuming they add vendor relics to reverse engineer I think Artifice will continue to be profitable as well.

Yeah just speculation. Implants, earpieces, and relics tend to do well since there's no set bonus to worry about. From that list Implants drop from some of the harder bosses so that might encourage people to be lazy combined with the fact that supposedly crafted gear will be more comparable to drops.

prefect posted:

Implants are so freakin' expensive on the GTN! :argh:

Less complainy question: archaeology materials used to be grade 1 through grade 6, at 400 skill. The next category up (401+) is grade 9. Why is that?

Grades 7 and 8 crafting materials were drops from Operations before the first expansion.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

I'd also like to say, pvp in this game is loving awful as a Jugg and this conquest week sucks. That is all. :suicide:

Jugg is like Concealment Op, it's got a very high ceiling. It's button-heavy with a complicated rotation that breaks easily. Their defenses are brainless though.

I like to toy with bad Juggs on my Concealment Op...they're so easy to kite.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

The sun never sets on the Sith Empire. :britain:

Also I actually like that Metal Gear look and will most likely steal it for the JK (which seems appropriate) playthrough I'm planning for KotFE.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

Whelp got all companions to max, except Skadge. I am glad that's finally over. The fact that handing over gifts has a cast time and you can't do it in stacks made that far more horrible than it deserved to be.

Yeah it sucks. I may or may not of made a macro in AHK to automatically do it for me while I Netflix. The same for when the slot machines were a thing.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's tough to find boots that look properly Star Wars. Pretty much everybody in all the movies wears boots that are knee-high and relatively unadorned, and it's like you can pick one or the other in this game. The Theron Shan boots look about right, if a little bulky, so I've gotten a lot of mileage out of those things. I like the new Thexan boots too, but GTN prices are crazy.

Humble Hero are the best knee-high no-gimmicks boots. They will be expensive though.

I unlocked the set in Collections during the sale since I get so much mileage out of those boots.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
No real balance changes, will probably be a major patch in 4-6 weeks like 1.0 and 2.0.

I've got a Light and Dark 60 of every class, 300k WZ comms, 10k Basic, 8k Elite, and 6k Ultimate along with 280 million credits. Bring on the 4.0. :toot:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

I really like the Renowned Duelist Armor Set -- it looks like a mix of Jedi and Smuggler.

Wish it was a full length duster though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Hmm my Location Achievements went from 100% to 98%...there are entries for Republic Fleet and Imperial Fleet with nothing in them.

Not looking forward to killing 2500 enemies with the ship droids.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Wow think I got the luckiest Hypercrate ever...all the chest pieces, every decoration, the Akk Dog, and the Log. No mounts though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
43 mail messages on new characters...you'd think the titles, pets, and comms could be automated at this point.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Stan S. Stanman posted:

So far I'm pretty bored with the new method of playing this game. I'm only a few chapters in but every one of them so far felt like I was just confined to a hallway and forced to kill trash until I got to watch another cutscene. Just felt like busy work, especially given the enemies were of no challenge at all.

The same three Skytroopers that can't drop your char below 98% health does get real old real fast.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Beeme posted:

So uhm, is old PVP gear simply unacquirable at this point?

What do you mean by old? If you mean the really old lvl 20 and 40 sets then there are vendors on the capital planets. If you mean the old 60 gear then yes that's gone.

No reason for any of it besides looks since Bolstering gear with Expertise below 65 hurts you rather than helps.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

prefect posted:

Nope; just that loincloth he wears.

:agreed: Even though you're not trying to play the conversations for maximum affection, it would be nice if you could tell how they react.

You can change it in the Interface Editor...just change the dropdown with Main HUD to Conversation.

Edit: You can change where the subtitles are as well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

waffledoodle posted:

Try clicking around, there's a sweet spot to the top right of the title bar where you can still drag it. There's a bug in the hotspot logic that I think was always there but which I might have made worse :downswords:

Also guys

If you see any other broke rear end things in the UI please let me know. Specifically bugs or things that got hosed in all of the 4.0 madness. I'm working on shortlist of fixes to try and get into the next couple of baby patches before I move onto phase 2 of Operation gently caress You Previous UI Guy. And for some reason goons are good at finding these things

A bit of wackiness when windows overlap, for example. trying to x out a window will move focus to the window behind it rather than closing the window on top. Can get annoying when you have a ton of overlap because you have the GTN, Collections, Preview, and Inventory screen all up.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
The lvl 8 Equipment Vendor is still there as well.

Edit: the mod vendors are still there as well, they just sell green mods instead of blue which will make no difference under 55. In PvE that is they won't bolster as well as blue mods in PvP.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Oct 21, 2015

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah someone was complaining about this with the KOTFE mods. They're green, but they're 190 rating so they'll be identical to the blues thatdrop in Ziost. Kind of like how Arkanian/Black Market was rating 162 and purple, and then SoR introduced the rewards from the prelude flashpoints that were also 162 but green, and had identical stats.

Totally talking out of my rear end but it seems like the intention was to make purple and blue gear actually matter again so when you get to the endgame or get a purple world drop it's actually a little special. For all of 3.0 green might as well have been gray.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Eh if you do, just make a new toon and send them their copy and then delete.

There is a Buyback option as well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Tuskin38 posted:

For most of the KOTFE unique companions, their gear is part of their geometry, you can tell by previewing the gear on them, however Theron's gear is not, if you preview it is replaced.

No customization for the story companions bites the big one and is an altogether strange decision when pretty princess Cartel purchases are most likely the main source of income for the game. I'm assuming it's due to engine limitations and cutscene consistency.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
And of course Harbinger explodes in the middle of prime time the day after the patch. 50 minute queue when I got kicked.

I guess I won't be getting all 8 classes through KotFE today. :mad:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

Oedzi is going to hate this question but is it possible to solo the heroics

I solo'd 3 base guards (Tank Shadow w/ Lana w/ enough Presence to have 90k health) earlier to see if it was possible and it was. If that can be done any Heroics should be cake.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

vanbags posted:

No, I mean speccing DPS and using DPS gear, but equipping a Shield for swapping to defensive stance when shits get hairy. Or is your shield rating going to be so poo poo from the DPS gear that it won't matter that you're wearing a Focus?

The main thing about switching to Tank Stance while specced DPS is that it gives you access to Guard. 50% damage reduction is huge and can single-handedly turn the tide of a close battle in a pinch. No need to swap in a shield since redirected damage can't be shielded anyways.

Being specced DPS and swapping out to Tank gear and stance is definitely a strategy in Solo Ranked where matchmaking exists. I used it to great effect last season to become the third highest Ranked player in the world at one point. PT's (what I used) are much better suited for it though since they don't rely on procs the way Sins and Juggs do however.

Speccing Tank while using a shield and otherwise DPS gear is viable in regs as well. Gear is cheap so experimenting is easy enough.

SKY COQ posted:

You have enough defensive cool downs as a Juggernaut that it shouldn't matter. If you're copping too much damage in Juyo form, suggest switching spec so that you're in Shii-Cho and doing sick burst damage instead.

Rage has way less survivability than Vengeance so I'm not sure why this would be a strategy.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Is anyone actually going after the post-chapter 9 content with multiple characters? I'm really trying to think of a good reason to bring my alts through, and falling short. It seems like if you've already got all your companions and Treek or HK-51, you've got 6 crafters + 1 active covered. Sure having the other companions would be cool, and eventually maybe I'll go through KOTFE with them, but I can't see doing the influence grind with the large group of other options with more than one.

For right now I plan to run a Pub and Imp char to completion and at least a Dark and Light run of each class through the story content.

My main raiding chars on each side are already full set bonus 224's.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Dexo posted:

Jesus gently caress.

It's good to be a Tank and get gear priority. Set bonus 198's are plenty for current NiM ops as well so you can run 7 Ops a week.

To be fair some I've got a few pieces of 220 since some drops on NiM are bugged.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

No kidding. I spent around 4 hours playing yesterday morning and 3 of those were spent playing dress-up with my companions.

Except I can't dress up Lana, Senya, or Koth.

I'm on flex time so took the last 3 days off. It only took about 3 hours each night to clear all 7 Ops. It's not like there's anything new to learn.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So apparently, the math nerds that play now recommend augmenting with crit/alacrity/accuracy instead of Mastery or Power.

Interesting. I had already started augmenting crit for PVP where my AP PT regularly crits Power Cell for 20-25k now.

Less DPS but I can burst a Sorc dead in 3 GCD's with a bit of luck.

Wouldn't be surprised to see crit get an adjustment.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I've heard they do if you romanced Theron or Lana in SoR, but if so no one's posted them in the story/lore subforum, which is the only place on the official forums I usually visit.

I had 4 chars stay loyal, 3 romance Lana, and one who's hoping Senya's an option...none have received mails from my original romance save the first one. Disappointing really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

As for Valk's actual armies and whatnot... I suspect he has a Star Forge. If you complete the bonus objectives in the Foundry, it's noted that the Empire knows of the existence of three: the original Star Forge from KOTOR, the Foundry, then an unnamed third. Koth notes the Eternal Fleet came out of nowhere without warning, and that and the skytroopers sound like a Star Forge in production mode to me. The Emperor's battlestation was noted to involve Rakata and Gree tech, so there's precedent for Valk having Rakata technology. It would also make the sun generators Zakuul uses make sense, considering how the KOTOR Star Forge was powered.

Going to be real disappointing if it's a Star Forge...Star Forges and Revan need to both be put out to pasture.

• Locked thread