Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

when is the op ever going to be updated

The OP is outdated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Do Ranger pets still suck?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Visidan posted:

Everyone shut up look at this hype poo poo.

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/651849925282635776

Looking forward to seeing how goddamn huge finishers get in a years time

I hope there's an eventual finisher that plops a full scale model of Teq down.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

kater posted:

Oh I like everything. It probably doesn't come across like that but hey. Tonight I spent an hour trying to do an insane jumping puzzle featuring techno-pirates and steam gizmos, that I just stumbled onto because instead of following up a story mission I tried to find the last point of interest on a map. Like, that is loving awesome. I really like the spvp, and I remember enjoying wvw previously. It's just the game sometimes feels really empty when you don't know what you are doing is attributing to. Like doing world bosses and dungeons or whatever. You get a whole lot of *stuff* but I don't have a clue what to do with it, or if what I'm doing will lead to anything.

Like, I really want to say 'hey I should go for map completion' and just experience all of the content in the game, but there is so loving much of it I can't even begin. I started joining story mode dungeons just to have done them all, only to find out like three of them are in zones I've never even been to.

I'm not really sure what I'm complaining about, I just wish I understood the game more.

I hit stuff and I get loot to fund pretty princess-ing. Sometimes I'm in an instance with other goons, other times I'm not. That is the extent of my Guild Wars 2 experience and for some reason I enjoy it and keep doing it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this guy then proceeded to DC right after the match started. thanks, guy.

Probably went to go rub one out.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lonk posted:

Berserker's is for trash idiots who don't know how to play this or any game.

Everyone who plays this game is a trash idiot though, regardless of what stat they gear up with.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

This game sure is getting more grindy.

:sigh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

ShadowMar posted:

STOP!
SLOW DOWN!
PAY ATTENTION TO
THE STORY!

What the gently caress.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I'm awake and downloading the patch at 8MB/s, that's 64000Kb/s, and I didn't even buy HoT yet :smug:

[edit] Oh wait it dropped down 5MB/s

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I will be playing Street Fighter V this weekend. Enjoy the initial days of the xpac gooms!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Heavy Lobster posted:

I can safely say that we vastly underestimated how difficult it would be to get the new hero challenges done.

Rate the difficulty on a scale of 1 to 10 poopsocks.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I really haven't been keeping up with most of the xpac stuff. How does one acquire specialization runes? I eventually want those berserker runes for the sinister armor on my sub-optimal pve condi warrior.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Harrow posted:

How do you get the Halloween bags? Is there a full-on event going alongside HoT's launch?

Go into the Mad King's labryinth and farm farm farm!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Smith Comma John posted:

Turns out that the precursor collection quest ends up costing you almost as much money as buying it off the TP directly :geno:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3qe2cv/precursor_journey_complete_the_colossus_steps_and/
All of the work this person put into the extra steps ended up saving them ~80-90g out of ~750g. I think we can safely assume that prices on the required materials are going to spike up even more as people attempt this.

Well that's dumb.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Are there known issues with Guild Wars 2 on the Nvidia GTX 970? That's the only recent upgrade i've made and Guild Wars 2 is now unplayable on my PC. It ran fantastic on my previous card, GTX 460. The load times have also massively increased, over 1 minute.

No GTX 970 issues that I'm aware of on my system (Core i3 4330, 8GB RAM, GTX 970, 250GB SSD).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

If you don't have GW2 installed on an SSD I feel sorry for you. RIP.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Between masteries, scribe, elites, precursors/legendaries, etc, this game is becoming one massive grind.

But Colin said there would be no grind :(

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

It's beautiful. :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Lol, nerds.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

lmao. At least there is one Sylvari.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Adhesive Gamin posted:

The best part of this DnT poo poo is the hordes of people coming out hooting and hollering about some kind of moral victory over the Mean Nerds Who Were Good At A Video Game that called their builds bad.

From what I'm reading people are just giving them poo poo because they wanted to brag about their e-peen or something by mentioning morton salt a lot.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AzureSkye posted:

They do quite enjoy salt.

They deleted a bunch of tweets from their guild twitter account, one of which they mentioned going to a raid completion after party sponsored by morton salt :haw:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I laughed because I'm 10 years old.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Crimsonbeak posted:

The grind really is bad now. Everything is catered to the poopsock who is going to run things hundreds of times. And I can't imagine what a casual player is thinking if they can even get to Dragon's stand since 90% of the instances are empty. The fact that every new map is Drytop 2.0 is terrible. Drytop worked because there were 2 phases that didn't rely on each other and the zone was small enough that you could run from event to event with little issue.

Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, and Tangled Depths are all bad versions of this. You have these camps that you need to bring online which involve following a single event chain that each event takes 10 minutes and has you killing hordes of Mordrem that don't give XP or loot. And in the end you get a single event completion then sit around for 2 mins of NPC "story" and then move on to the next event. Then once that event chain is over you basically have this big area where no events really happen, or if they do the area is so large there is no way to know they are happening unless you are right on top of them.

You could fix a lot of the issues with Tangled Depths, and Auric Basin the new maps by making them more like Silverwastes, in that once you finish all of the encampments it triggered the zone meta event. And then for Verdant Brink you turn it in to 3 phase map instead of 2. Where in Verdant once you finish an encampment it opens up a bunch of other events around like defending outposts that lasts in to the night until the choppers come (which should happen with 25 or 30 mins left not 20). I don't know how to fix Dragon's Stand, other than reducing the requirements it takes for the Pact to get up to the Blighting trees and remove all of the timed events so one or two people could at least advance the zone.

This is makes me sad as someone who didn't decide to get the xpac yet. I mean, I know awesome goons are going to be willing to help out with xpac stuff, but knowing just how much grind has been added to the game is making it seem really off-putting to a super casual player like me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Adhesive Gamin posted:

An MMO that you have to dump a bunch of time in to get anything out?

I'd spit coffee all over the morning paper in surprise at the news, but it costs me nearly a gold per cup and I need the stats buff from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1JUwPqzQY&t=82s

Guess this manifesto is horseshit now.

:sigh:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Visidan posted:

I remember when guild decorations were going to cost karma. Now you need 5000 gold for one person to learn scribe, then a further 200g for this

and a gift exploration for this

Lmao, time and money well spent.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dreggon posted:

No, there's several

Wow, that's loving dumb as hell.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Illuyankas posted:

Still one of my favourite looks to names of all my alts, so thanks again! You and Merc are kind and generous souls.

Ahem, I believe it was I who coined that name in-game during a teq instance while we were on south hills defense. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I keep trying to princess my thief to match birdstaff but the neon blue bits are at war with my inclination towards neutral tones :saddowns:

Sometimes you gotta go out of your comfort zone for the sake of fashion.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

there were some guild halls in gw1 that were massive but all the relevant poo poo was right at hand when you spawned in and the rest was mostly there to look nice and be neat to explore. the ones in gw2 seem to try and have the best of both worlds but manage to just make it annoying, to where everything is spread around and there's somehow still way too much unused area that serves no actual purpose.

Yeah, I ported into the Guild Hall a few times and was underwhelmed. I feel like they didn't think this through.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

mike12345 posted:

should be green and come with fart noises

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kenshin posted:

Soup! Some soups are brown.

:downs:

French onion soup is brown.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Timberline Falls in 4k :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Claiming world first of anything is dumb and cringey as gently caress imo. I mean, if it were a competition and there was money involved, then cool. But lmao otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Is Heart of Thorns free yet.

• Locked thread