Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Yes please. Give me more Unicorn. Rename the Universal Century to the Unicorn Century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Weird as poo poo Gundam names are tradition. The ones that crack me up are the ones that sound like they could be real words but are like 1-2 letters off. Like Bring Stabity. So, so close to actually being a word that it just becomes a joke.

South Burning. Lockon Stratos.

It's like having somebody named Millennium Falcon. Quit thumbing through a foreign language dictionary for character names.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

He was a terrible pilot because he kept leaving his goddamn cockpit hatch open.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

muike posted:

I am only mostly joking when I say this but it's a Mobile Armor because it has a tragic Newtype girl in it

This is mostly true, but you're forgetting the Big Zam. Only the manliest of men pilots one of those bad boys.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

The one thing about the Zeta dub is how they pronounce the word Titans.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's pretty unfair to compare ANY char to Harry Ord. He's in a class of his own.

Someone else put it best that Harry isn't a Char clone, he's a Quattro clone.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Char is not a natural Newtype like Amuro or Lalah. I don't recall him having Newtype flashes so his piloting was all skill. He didn't start using funnels until CCA so I'd say he got cyber enhanced sometime after Zeta.

The Zeong doesn't count as funnels because that was the psycommu system.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Okay I somehow got it into my head that the Psycommu allowed non newtypes to use wire guided weapons and the psychoframe was Newtype only.

I still think Char boosted his weak Newtype powers after Zeta. Which made him go banana balls.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

gently caress off, Glemy. You tool.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Droyer posted:

I didn't know Mashmyre was gifted in the force

Doesn't take much to send somebody flying in low G.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

So it's just Unicorn: Edited for tv version. Yippie Ki Yay, Mr. Frontal.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Before you watch ZZ, you think it's a terrible mess because others say so.

While you're watching it, you think it's a terrible mess.

After watching all of UC, you realize it's a terrible mess and you love it anyway.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Kuvo posted:

Watched Chars Counterattack. Never before have I seen so many GMs blowing up in such detail.

So what was the deal with that "T" psyco frame thingy? Also is Char dead for real this time or is there another movie called Char's Counter Counterattack?

I can't remember if there were GMs in CCA, but I'm certain what you saw were Jegans and not GMs.

Londo Bell was full of Jegans, everybody else had GM III's.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

muike posted:

A Jegan's basically a GM with a body kit. So is the GM III, but the GM III is like a modified Charger and the Jegan's like an acura all riced up

:iiaca:

Yeah, the RGM Jegan is still a GM. I have no idea what your analogy means. I just wanted to point out that they were Jegans because I love them.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

And despite being a decade later, he still has the most punchable face the AUEG ever recruited.

Also Elle, what...what ARE you wearing?

It looks like she's wearing a mesh/cutout shirt over a black bra/top. Pretty cool if you ask me.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

These are really good!

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Caphi posted:

Lots of Gundam robots do that. I couldn't figure out what a Re-GZ is for ages because it's written Reguzzy.

I’ve been saying Re-GZ as the Regis this whole time.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Silverstein will be number 2 until we hear him say "Blame this on the misfortune of your birth!" That's the line it all hinges on.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Like a Five Point Palm exploding Reactor technique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Merilan posted:

wasn't the whole reason behind Kou hating carrots is that he's voiced by Vegeta

Yeah, Kou's VA is Vegeta and Kou hates carrots because Vegeta hates Ka(carrot).