Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Urist McLee has entered the fray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

my dad posted:

It's probably not too late to post about this in the New LP thread. :v: Might attract extra audience.

Sudden. Urge. To. Check. LP. Board... :stare:

...though I'm 99% sure my dad is pulling a fast one. :argh:

Edit: Couldn't help myself~ Looks like there's magic in that 1%! :angel:

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 15, 2015

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

AnoHito posted:

CaptJack17 at Gmail for me if you want to.

And I would be mcfuubi at gmail then.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Anthony is quickly distracted by the dwarf Urist McLee who punches so hard that the tigerman is left bruised!
Oh, yay! I made another ineffective (worthless) warrior! :doh:

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist McLee punches Mogwai from behind, shattering the tiny gremlins neck.

Hmm, or maybe not! :D

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ZeeToo posted:

How is he still alive? How?

Yay! Urist wasn't useless!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GreyPowerVan posted:

I know, it just seems absurd. Like people who have lost both of their arms still headbutting things. I feel like the blood loss would be catastrophic and would lead to weakness pretty quick..

This reminds me of when me and my friends used to play the tabletop RPG EON (made in Sweden, not sure if it's known internationally.)
That game has, instead of the normal hit point system, a system that calculates fatigue, trauma, and bloodloss, and it is fairly complex.

The first time we played we didn't quite understand how this system worked, and we ended up having battles where people would shrug off losing limbs and breaking bones. It was so fun we kept playing like that even after we learned the rules properly. :cheeky:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Urist with his zero kill count agrees. Heck he was practically MVP in the last round~ :cool:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'll have you know that Urist follows a very specific code of karmic martial arts, where true ascension can only occur through death. Your own death. Repeatedly. Over and over. In the most bloody fashion possible.

Killing someone else will add a fat minus to his karma score and as such is not desirable.

That, or he's just plain crap.

Edit: typos

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hrmm, well, let's move on to the next round shall we~? :classiclol:

I'm gonna keep betting on my team even though Urist is the top nominee for the worst fighter razzie awards... :v:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist McLee gets the kill after breaking a bunch of bones. A facepunch collapsed the kobolds head.

Haha! Unbloodied no more~!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist... Well, I haven't said anything about him yet because he's punching and causing minor bruises to skin.

He was just warming up.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist dodges away from... nothing? I don't even know.
Just flexing and getting ready.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist McLee decides to join the fight and punches ShortName a few times. ShortName cannot land a blow against the dodgy little dwarf.
See what proper warmup and dodging excercises will do for you.

Spermy Smurf posted:

and then Urist punches his hand so hard that it explodes. In the same instant ShortName bleeds to death, and Urist is awarded the kill. Urist the kill-stealing dwarf, somehow managed to do dick all fight, but gets a kill.
Hey, everything's fair in love and arena death brawls!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist McLee's foot is shattered by Jakobs maul, and the dwarf rolls away crying like a little bitch.
I resent that! He just got emotional from his glorious victory over Shortname... :cheeky:

Anyway, I want to thank my teammates for helping Urist carry this fight to victory. :cool:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
A bit late but...

It seems the only way Urist can get kills is the kill-stealing way... :ohdear:

Oh, well. The end justifies the means, right?

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

The game shows that Urist McLee gets the kill despite Snarls Barkley doing 99.99% of the work. Nice kill stealing!

Three for three on kill stealing! I couldn't be more proud! :cheeky:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cathode Raymond posted:

Apeliminator is just a poorly programmed mechanical monkey.

Aren't we all?

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I just read through the log and HOLY CRAP Urist took a beating!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist responds by punching one of Punc Hants hands to goo. Doesn't the antwoman have steel gauntlets? What the hell just happened?

Well... he actually turned a foot into goo, not a hand... mystery solved!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

While you're waiting, a new DF LP has just begun in case anyone hadn't noticed.

Speaking of which, and for completely unrelated reasons, where would you more lore-knowledgable people say the Arena Challenge takes place?
I'm absolutely not asking because there will be a crossover event (or a brief cameo, judging by my luck) involving everyone's favorite MVP Urist McLee~

And by "take place" I mean, is it in some kind of afterlife or purgatory? Maybe somewhere in the space between the realms of dwarfhalla, werewolfhalla, molemanhalla, and every other -halla?

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Urist, grounded, manages to grab Combat's throat and strangles the gremlin until he passes out.

Snarls Barkley stabs Jameson in the right lower leg with her bronze pike, fracturing the bone through the copper chain leggings!
Urist McLee strangles Combat Liberalism's throat!
Combat Liberalism passes out.
Jameson falls over.
Jameson gives in to pain.
Combat Liberalism falls over.

That must have been Urist's first non-killsteal kill! I'm both proud and pissed off that he broke the streak... :newlol:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... correct me if I'm wrong, but, in the last round, if A Tarantino Film loses to Team Laser Explosion 3-4 in kills, and Worker Cooperative loses to Plump Helmets 3-4 in kills... then we would have a three-way tie in wins and in kills??

In the unlikely event that that happens, I would like to suggest a proper battle royale for the spot.

Or just give it to A Tarantino Film because they are clearly more worthy. :agesilaus:

Edit: details

Edit #2: I'm an idiot and I can't math~

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 13:30 on May 18, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Edit: wrong DF thread derp

Edit 2: I just posted a rather lengthy journal post in the new DF LP thread. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but since it concerns Urist McLee and takes place 99% at the arena, I thought you guys might be interested. :cheers:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774792&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post460095198

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 12:29 on May 20, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jazzimus Prime posted:

You can post journal entries in this thread if you want. There are no rules against it.

Well, true, but I rather just link it, rather than posting something as bulky as that in two threads that share most of their viewers.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

I'm very sorry I bought my fighter bronze mail in advance of this fight, obviously that's what you are referring to

I gave Urist some leather armor... maybe he refers to that? (Probably not :cheeky:)

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Was that it for Tarantino's chances at the playoffs then?

Edit: just checked the arena homepage... very much yup.

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 28, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... since Tarantino is out I might as well post my build. I present to you... Urist McLee!

fuubi, you are managing Urist McLee, a male Dwarf fighter.

This fighter is participating in the 1054 Armok Arena League tournament as a member of A Tarantino Film.

He has the following equipment.
Copper Helm
Leather Armor
Leather Low Boots

He has the following skills.
Level 5 Fighting (Proficient)
Level 10 Wrestling (Accomplished)
Level 10 Striking (Accomplished)
Level 4 Biting (Skilled)
Level 6 Dodging (Talented)
Level 6 Kicking (Talented)

Urist McLee has 1 points currently available to spend.

The biting and kicking points were completely useless, and I spent points on some iron (I think?) armor a while back that I sold a few fights later thinking it slowed him down, so I wasted a lot of good points...

Edit: can't spell "out"

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'd say single. I'm already working on Urist's successor and assume we'll start a new season as soon as this sham of a playoff is over!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hey lets make suggestions on other poo poo to do on the side of this tournament and not give Spermy ideas for effortposts.

Bunch of assholes, all of you.

Goku and Vegeta speculating/arguing about power levels and fighting move names.

Preferably DBZ Abridged's version of the characters

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Not a snowball's chance... but let's throw Urist McLee of Tarantino fame in the ring for some laughs!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Oh, god, I'm so sorry Urist. It was your time to rest and I dragged you into one last bloodbath...

Hah! Just kidding! This will be a hilarious show, and I hope you die gloriously!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gee, thanks for putting Urist between two stranglers...

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm surprised Urist stayed alive and did as much damage as he did.

On the other hand... wooden dagger?

"Urist, you piece of crap!"

says I who created him...

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

Well that settles it, definitely need another test tournament after this one to trial these new changes.

Seconded!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm probably a bit late with this, but here's a (most likely messed up) list of fighters for the team melee:

Tiger Man 1 Experiment Twenty-Two
Strangler 1 Strangler Than Fiction
Elf 1 SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS
Werewolf 1 Chaz Steadyfist
Goblin 1 Suck & gently caress Pighead
Human 1 Bo
Dwarf 1 Stumpy
Dark Gnome 1 Richard Kyanka
Troll 1 Here Comes Mongo!
Molemarian 1 sn
Troll 2 Face
Werewolf 2 Jacob
Strangler 2 Knife Toseeu
Elf 2 Sun Tzulander the Philomodel
Human 2 Roland Gorchik
Werewolf 4 Eyeteeth IV
Yeti 1 The Abominable Gladiator
Dwarf 2 In Like Flynn
Molemarian 2 Madmartigan
Elf 3 Krog Bonesmasha
Antman 1 Antwoman
Minotaur 1 A Lost Cowman
Molemarian 3 Simon Belmole
Serpent Man 1 Stephen Harper
Werewolf 5 Tash Al'rhyn
Strangler 3 Three Gremlins in a Blender
Kobold 1 Bad Munki
Tiger Man 2 Candy Corn Tiger
Tiger Man 3 Goku
Human 3 Dontellim Pike
Minotaur 2 Min/Maxotaur
Minotaur 3 Rob Ford
Human 4 James LargeSausage
Minotaur 4 Dory
Elf 4 Josie theBludgeonatrix
Yeti 2 Return of Panty Thief
Molemarian 4 Molegrim
Tiger Man 4 Anthony
Gremlin 1 Mogwai
Human 5 Turquoise Tonic
Human 6 Uma Thurman
Dwarf 3 Urist McLee
Werewolf 6 Snarls Barkley
Serpent Man 2 Solomon Rabinovitz
Gremlin 2 Combat Liberalism
Kobold 2 Unthrottle the Axolotl
Human 7 Jameson the Unruly
Kobold 3 Albrik the Insignificant
Antman 2 Braun Strowman
Dwarf 4 Baldwin
Dwarf 5 Qwarf
Dwarf 6 Dusseldwarf
Yeti 3 Snowshank Redemption
Tiger Man 5 Tyler Durden is Hobbes
Werewolf 7 3 Wolf Moon Shirt
Werewolf 8 Slam Whale Willy
Strangler 4 BS-45 "Apeliminator"
Dwarf 7 Jimbo Akimbo
Antman 3 Punc Hant
Kobold 4 The Krying Kobold Returns!
Molemarian 5 Ghost-trees
Minotaur 5 Trump's Viscous Discharge
Gremlin 3 Grimmik
Strangler 5 Jupis Tooki McGannel

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Pickled Tink posted:

There are five fights left to run and I'll try and post at least one fight a week from here on out. I know I have said I have been kind of busy, but I need to make the time for this. I'll also accept suggestions for gimmicks for the fights, but I make no promises I'll use them.

Nope, I got nothing. All my ideas either involve levers (which I don't know if the arena supports) or the the assumption that fighters will seek higher ground in case of, say, flooding...

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was born ready!

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tirius posted:

I can't wait to spend days mulling over builds before watching my fighter get his skull jammed through his brain in under two seconds!

Days? I spend ten minutes on it at most, and eight of those goes to figuring out a not-too-stupid name.

This time, I'll make sure my guy has a weapon. That's as far as my planning goes.

:cheers:

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

my dad posted:

I was just pretending to know what I was doing.

Pretending? Well, hello Mister Fancy-Pants~! I wasn't even pretending at not knowing a thing.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wot? Second place?

Wohoo!

Fuubi fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 29, 2016

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So... are boots on a serpent man completely useless, or does it have a comedic effect?

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Synthbuttrange posted:

They get one boot for the tail tip

Comedic effect, then.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was going to vote B, but then I saw a great documentary about seaslugs, and my mind was blown!

A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ramc posted:

I named our team Hitmen for Armok, Fuubi and dmboogie. I like what I see so far. I am at email k i r a s e c t AT gmail if you wanna confer more.

I'm completely fine with that name. I can be reached at a 0 2 l a r s v AT gmail.