Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Choco1980 posted:

The word part of my brain is stupidly refusing to play nice with my picture brain part. Could someone provide some sort of diagram as to why putting the trucks on backwards switches the turn angle? I'm asking this unironically, I'm actually kinda confused here and want to learn more.

I've never been on a skateboard but from looking at pictures of one I assume it's like this amazing ms paint I did

If I'm wrong then I guess the Schadenfreude is me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

subpar anachronism posted:

Guy spends months building a 22x22 rubik's cube, only to have it fail spectacularly the first time he attempts to use it:
[video type=""]i84PRVPieeU[/video]
Having trouble with the timed tag and the video is long as heck- starts around 134:40.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i84PRVPieeU&feature=youtu.be&t=5674

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

President Ark posted:

how do the dead appeal in court

From Rashomon I think the answer to this is 'poorly'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe this Satan guy ain't so bad after all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Indolent Bastard posted:

more than 100 titles available by the end of 2016, including Minecraft

Ouya said this same thing once.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Rysithusiku posted:

As someone who works somewhere where i see hundreds of trucks a day, truckers will happily ignore any and every sign as long as they "think i can make it". Or get away with it.

The beauty of working across the street from a carrier is that I can tell you those people make super loving questionable decisions in their personal vehicles as well.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Well when hockey doesn't pan out they've all got a career in soccer.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

WoodrowSkillson posted:

How much do the individual teams earn?

Here's the breakdown of the winnings from last year's International which is the big Valve-sponsored Dota tournament. Individual teams can earn quite a bit, if they are literally the best in the world.

1st Place
$6,634,661

2nd
$2,856,590

3rd
$2,211,554

4th
$1,566,517

5th-6th
$1,197,925

7th-8th
$829,333

9th-12th
$221,155

13th-16th
$55,289

The team that took first says they took $8,650,381.68 in 2015 in total so the International was obviously a large chunk.

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 21:02 on Feb 29, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Judge Schnoopy posted:

How many are on each team? 5 players, 2 backups, coach / manager, so I'm guessing 8?

1st place - huge amount of money
7th place - great livable wage
9th place - poverty wage
13th place - hobby income

So all of 64 some-odd people can do this for a living.

That's for a week's "work".

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

canyoneer posted:

I'm going to guess that it takes a lot of time besides the week in tournaments to be the kind of player that can actually win those tournaments

What I"m saying is that 55k in a week isn't poverty wage, the person I quoted was acting like that was their yearly income or something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

chitoryu12 posted:

* Ted Cruz did not exist.

Or was he just sharpening his knives/cryptography skills.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

FlyinPingu posted:

he says he's only 45 so it's impossible he's the zodiac killer, but I'm gonna need him to produce a birth certificate before I believe it!

If that Obama fellar can fake one though so can he.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yoenis Cespedes allowed an inside-the-park home run earlier when he decided this ball was out of play

An umpire had to run out to him and explain that you can use your hands to pick things up from the ground.

Spring Training y'all.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Testekill posted:

Kangaroos are incredibly stupid creatures, they'll stand at the edge of a straight road for ages and watch a car drive towards them and then they'll hop out at the last second and get hit. Now if they were small critters that would be one thing but a fully grown kangaroo will always destroy a car.
You know, if you're not left stranded in the middle of nowhere with a phone that can't get a signal/is not charged because then you're pretty much hosed.

So they're deer.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
“....we are going to be doing warrants for blood draws in every case. And that is not what this court wants.”

A majority of justices spent the last several minutes suggesting that, in fact, warrants are exactly what the court wants. Everyone looks befuddled.

Wonderful

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A helmet with a great sense of comedy
http://i.imgur.com/5JJirLA.webm

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
(CNN)With just 36 days to go before the Rio Olympics kick off, the situation in the host city just went from bad to worse.

A beach goer Wednesday discovered mutilated human body parts that had washed up on the shore, right in front of the Olympic Beach Volleyball Arena on Rio's famed Copacabana beach.

A dismembered foot and another body part still unidentified was found, according to Andre Luiz, an officer of the Military Police. Police believe the victim was a woman or young adult.

Although the circumstances surrounding the person's death are unknown, it is another embarrassing blow to the host country -- already reeling from financial problems, a mishap-prone Olympic torch and an outbreak of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.

Gonna be a good olympics

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Bum the Sad posted:

You never realize it too because they're always standing next to each other but look up any famous pro wrestler and they're all like 6'5" beasts. Hogan is like 6'8" the Rock is 6'5" Triple H there is 6'4". They're all giant loving men.

I thought Bray Wyatt was a midget for the longest time . Turns out dudes actually 6'3". Its just that the other people he's always standing next to (Strowman, Harper, Rowan) are all like 7 foot tall actual genetic monsters.

The small guy there is like 6'3", 300 pounds

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Jun 30, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lotish posted:

Does the landlord not own something so simple as a saw?

Uh don't you know the old saying 'Measure never, also cut never, just kinda pound poo poo vaguely in place'?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Darkhold posted:

You don't need a saw. There was clearly an axe there and with his make do attitude that's all you ever need for cutting.

You can even use the blunt side of the axe to pound in those screws.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
No one's ever gonna see this nail anyways its between these beams
No one's ever gonna see these beams anyways, because they're going to be covered with board
No one's ever gonna see the boards anyways, because they're going to be covered with paint.
poo poo.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

syscall girl posted:

To be fair 80C is a bit much

They just use whichever scale sounds worse when you complain about it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

HaB posted:

You get supplies from Pokestops which are actual real-world locations, etc.

And obviously if you don't live in like, the city you're basically SOL.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Let the record show that this court will not suck the defendant's dick.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Another Overwatch banwave happened.

Gallery
http://imgur.com/a/ZzSGi

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Stex T posted:

Oh hey, it's that guy from high school.

Yeah but he goes by Reaper now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Will the first death be a pedestrian, a cyclist, a passenger, or another vehicle. Place your bets.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally in the future we will all be able to die in the terrifying ways we've had nightmares about but could never fully realize.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I'm the door that opens into the ocean.

Historically these things need fire exists.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

You really think they would not have thought about this?

I mean, it's a floating tunnel so

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This is all I ever think of when people talk traffic in China.

http://soimgoingtochina.blogspot.com/2007/06/beijing-traffic-lesson-left-turn.html

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe it was an old Schadenfreude Thread where we discussed the Lucy Japanese Rockabilly Guy statue? Looks like they've finally taken it down. :(

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Kurieg posted:

Also the Texas oil companies have basically walked all over North Dakota so having them plow right through Native American land is kind of a concern.

I believe it's specifically not their reservation which is the problem and why they can't just tell them to get lost. It's close by.

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Nov 23, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The people of Cleveland made a pact and sacrificed the Browns for better NBA and MLB teams.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Stealing from the OSHA thread:

Remember that Chinese lane-straddling bus that absolutely, positively could not work and was very obviously a scam?

Turns out it was a scam.

It's been left abandoned in the middle of a road, which is now blocked off and taking up three lanes of traffic. They can't get hold of the managers of the project, and it sounds like the company leased that track of road until September 2017 so it's just living there until then, when some poor city workers will probably have to scrap it.

http://shanghaiist.com/2016/12/05/straddling_bus_abandoned.php

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
If you put baking chocolate in your mouth you'd know it real drat quick.

Like anything else you're not supposed to eat, you can find videos of people trying to eat it on the youtubes.

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 19:48 on Feb 2, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I mean I don't know what he was looking for here

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ekuNNN posted:

Why are all youtube game people so insufferable?

Your audience has to find you relatable

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Apparently Georgia has no hate crime laws. I probably could've guessed that to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

mng posted:

There was a video posted here a while back, of poker champ Gus Hansen going all in on every hand, without even looking at his cards and just talking smack while getting stupid lucky.
Those Hearthstone players would be killing each other if they played each other like that face to face.

I think this was it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C5IKS31tSU

I think it was the end of this PRETTY GOOD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTUZ2SrSxsA