Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

These types of fuckups are the most hilarious thing to me, like the all-time classic

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Can I just say how much I appreciate how the title is "CrossFit and Workout", distancing the two.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

What is this from?

I will never understand people paying these ridiculous prices for things just because they're old. It's not like we've somehow lost the technology to make a coin like that, you could make a perfect copy if that were somehow a worthwhile thing to do.

I will never understand people making these ridiculous shitposts just because they can. It's not like we've somehow lost the technology to make a good post, you could make a perfect post if that were somehow a thing you set your mind to.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Schadenfreude Thread: Nazi Dick Discussion

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Staryberry posted:

Axe Body Spray Responsible for Emergency Evacuation of Church and Day Care
http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/03/axe-body-spray-emergency-evacuation-seattle-daycare.html

"They sent in a hazmat team, which discovered the body spray. The can was malfunctioning, apparently, and would not stop releasing fumes."

This is giving me bad flashbacks of the time I was at school camp and my "friend" whom I shared the room with had the great idea of spraying an entire can of Axe in the room while I was out. It was really hot inside and his thought process was that "deodorant = less sweating, therefore deodorant everywhere = cure for sweating". That guy wasn't very bright, and I had to spend the night sleeping in the hallway.
:negative:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This guy definitely abused the poo poo out of her and she got smart and went into hiding so she's rid of him in 45 days.

No no, didn't you read? They "had a small DV incident".

I had to look up what that meant and now I'm sad :smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I just checked the :norway: news and this is the image they used (which seems a lot more relevant):

Not trying to go all :tinfoil: but it just feels a bit unfair to paint him as a jerk when he was trying to get his friend's cellphone back :shobon:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zakharov posted:

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Sandwiches aren't really much of a thing in my country, it's all "brødskive" which is a slice of bread with butter and "pålegg" on top that can be cold cuts, cheese, spreads, etc. A hot dog is definitely not a brødskive. :norway:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Near as I can tell it means something like toppings. Could pigsfeet be a pålegg?

It literally means "put on" ("å legge på" = "to put on") and is in essence anything you put on a buttered slice of bread. Pigsfeet aren't very suited, but we have sylte! Here are some brødskiver:

I guess the schadenfreude is that we eat this for breakfast, lunch and any other non-dinner meal :norway:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CapitanGarlic posted:

I have seen/heard "smørbrød" used pertaining to open-faced sandwiches in Norwegian as well; is that just a regional/dialect thing? Or is it part of an elaborate Norwegian prank to further the use of ø in the eyes of befuddled Americans?

A smørbrød (literally "butter bread" aka. buttered bread) is a brødskive too, but the term is often used for a bit more ~fancy~ ones that have luxuries such as lettuce or two pieces of bread (aka. a sandwich). :pseudo:

Also rest assured that we do not want more Americans to see the letter ø, because you keep thinking it's a funny o (it's not).

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

murphyslaw posted:

GBS just got nuked apparently.

That resulted in quite a bit of salt. Deets here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790825

I still don't get why they made the general discussion/news/photoshop-thread forum into a 4chan lite in the first place. :iiam:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I think this is the latest FailArmy , but seriously the encounter with the Moose is the best. I don't know what language it is but " OH gently caress Oh gently caress get out of here" is probably same in every language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KloC60eR_4&t=277s

Hopefully got the time stamp right.

That's the right reaction, alright. She's saying "it's okay, it's okay... okay RUN RUN RUN!".

Those things are enormous and terrifying. People think they're horse sized, but they're actually way bigger :norway:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EKDS5k posted:

My mom hit one in a Toyota Tercel doing about 70 km/h. It was night and she didn't see it until it was coming through the windshield. The car was totaled, just absolutely wrecked, and the moose walked off into the bush.

But yes, from inside a house 50m+ away, they are amazing creatures.

Yeah, my grandfather also almost died in a car crash with a moose because it basically flattened the car. There was also one right outside my window once when I was young, which was terrifying considering how high up the window was.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Yea "ok løp løpløpløp" I think?

They're super adorably sweet and horribly terrifying in real life.

e: Like Hippos basically I think?

Yeah, she's saying "det går bra, det går bra... ok, løp løp løpløp!"

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TotalLossBrain posted:

As someone else said, those who continue to stand by him won't be swayed by any scandal. They just double down.

What I find the worst about it is how extremely juvenile the "debate" is. The response to "Let's talk about [disgusting thing Trump did/said" is always "BUT HILLARY". Or like Trump's "apology" which immediately goes "BUT BILL CLINTON" (who isn't running for President so who cares? :confused:) They never actually respond to any criticism, it's all just "but Hillary did/said.." like you're arguing with a 6 year old.

As someone who's not American, watching all of this just feels unreal.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gschmidl posted:

Who would have ever expected Chuck Tingle to be this amazing?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Supercooling and superheating are both really cool and potentially really scary things.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This generation talk is the most American thing I've read all week.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
There's no schadenfreude in the Trump presidency :smith: Trump has shown himself to be a hateful, bigoted and deeply racist man (he's endorsed by the loving KKK. Who still exists. In 20 loving 16) and anyone who finds joy in "watching it unfold" should be ashamed of themselves and find some compassion for the people whose lives are threatened by this new wave of rightist extremism.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Catpain Slack posted:

Huh, so apparently FailArmy just got booted from Youtube.

I know it's a pretty dumb and clickbait-y channel but what did they...

Youtube posted:

terminated due to multiple or severe violations

what :stare:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wasabi the J posted:

Oh thank loving Christ. :stare:

It really felt like a character from a Tim and Eric Show sketch, and boy howdy.

quote:

"Mr. Blobby's rise to stardom has provoked anguished commentaries about just what he stands for... Some commentators have called him a metaphor for a nation gone soft in the head. Others have seen him as proof of Britain's deep-seated attraction to trash."

I'm left with more questions than before I read the article.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hyperlynx posted:

Different types of beer, mostly.

:yeah:

The most popular beers in almost every country are all very similar, but there are beers that are so different you'd think it was a completely different type of beverage. Which I guess it basically is :v: The first beer I tried that I actually enjoyed was a very dark, nearly sirupy imperial stout. Since then I've also acquired a taste for sour beers. Doesn't look, taste or smell anything remotely like what most people think of when they think "beer", it's like apples and oranges.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I like FAROOQ when they're being funny, which hasn't happened for a while now.

I can understand if FAROOQs posts are sometimes funny (mostly by how :psyduck: they are) but what about PCOS? Literally all he has ever posted in PYF is racist, sexist or otherwise bigoted messages or talking about how he likes his steaks well done with ketchup.

I understand if mods think it's funny that people reply to him, but he was posting hateful poo poo for so long when other people would've (rightfully) gotten banned or at least probated for a single post like his.

e: wow this was a lovely way to start a new page. I appreciate the reply though!

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 17:37 on Apr 2, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

People do get angry at gay penguins, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_and_Silo

I had never heard of this before, but this sentence:

quote:

".. In 1999 attempted to hatch a rock as if it were an egg. This inspired zoo keepers to give them an egg from another pair of penguins who could not hatch it, resulting in the couple raising a chick that was named Tango."
...is adorable :kimchi: How on earth could anyone be mad at this.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

This is still one of the funniest videos I've ever seen, yet it wouldn't be nearly as funny with any other song playing in the background.

*explosion, music kicks in* "If I get drunk..."

"Jäkla rövhål!" :argh:

Thanks for reminding me of one of the most well timed videos on the internet :allears: How old is this video anyway?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dissociative Donut posted:

Thunderwear. Why not Thunderpants?
I guess you can still laugh at the name when you shoot your cock off.

In my fever delirium I read this as "Anatomy of a Violent Nerd" and I don't think I was wrong :iiam:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

10 Beers posted:

'Wonder Woman' women-only screenings cause uproar - CNN
https://apple.news/ATLNcM4E9RkW5WbHrfVk6SQ

Now to play the waiting game...

quote:

"Apparently 'equality' is only selective nowadays," one person wrote. "How about a 'men's only' showing of a movie or is that not how equality works?"
So close, yet so far.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

I mean, is he wrong?

yes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Trig Discipline posted:

The suspense was totally worth it.

I was just expecting it to explode or something, but the end result was even better. :haw:

What the heck is going on there anyway?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

https://qntm.org/pointnine

Goes through basically the whole thing.

If you gotta preface your statement with "this is totally real and true" you're obviously hiding something :colbert:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Sorry but I just gotta ask. Is there any chance that this kekistan stuff is just comedy? I mean like fyad comedy?

E: or maybe lf comedy rather?

The true answer is that it doesn't matter. Real fascists are uniting under the flag, so whether it was born out of "ironic" racism and bigotry is beside the point. Also gently caress anyone who pulls that "I was only being [X] ironically" poo poo.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

This would be a great SA username if it means what I assume it means

I was thinking more like

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

Oh that's the good poo poo right there.
*Goes to a nazi rally*
"I don't understand how people can hate someone they never met" :downs:

for real :psyboom:

from the thumbnail I really expected a more high pitched whining though, so now I wish someone would pitch his voice up like 50%

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

So is "Crying Neo Nazi" his title or online handle or what

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

You know what, the world IS a gently caress :thunk:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only moral censorship is my censorship.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nazis being punched is cool and good, but that clip almost seems too good to be true. Are people seriously walking around with swastika armbands? :psyduck: I mean clearly these people aren't the brightest but that just feels absurd.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Novum posted:

Seemed like a pretty real punch if you mean its faked

Oh yeah, for sure. It doesn't feel fake so much as absurd, like the guy's wearing a "PLEASE PUNCH ME" sign and getting punched. :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I don't get it.

:3:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've never seen any of these before and this has me crying. That loving whistling noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Surely, this is Hatreon's time to shine!