Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Anaranjado posted:

I like Raiders fans and Bills fans.

Raiders and Bills fans operate exactly opposite ends of Hanlon's Razor.

Bills work it the correct way around: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Raiders do it entirely the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Raiders defensive backs are garbage except for a man who is older than time itself.

Derek Carr owns and is lowkey elite.

Aldon Smith jumping on the ankle of a man who used his fame to get away with rape is :laffo:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

warcrimes posted:

but Hudson and Murray

:ohdear:

Speaking of which, who has a gif of the The Last Moments of Latavius Murray?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

gently caress off bitch. You suck and so does your posting

which part did you take issue with?

because the raiders defensive secondary DOES suck except Woodson

Derek Carr IS great and lowkey elite

and, finally, a man who got away with sexual assault twice just because he's famous getting hurt is always comedy gold

Blitz7x posted:

Hijo de helmsly is a fine poster and also human being

:hf:

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Nah, he started the season a Bills fan and jumped on the Raiders bandwagon bc he's a puto

I will cop to that

cuz the Raiders own and i'm sticking with them even if they're junk from this point on

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 9, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Santheb posted:

Blaine Gabbert won a game, as a starting QB, in tyool 2015. Let this resonate with you.

The Falcons are terrible.

Remember the glory days of a few weeks ago when the Falcons were 5-0 and people seriously thought they weren't frauds?

Then the universe righted itself and made them lose to the Saints.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

I wish they'd change the appeals process so a punishment could actually be made worse by appealing to delay the suspension.

Like.. "yeah, we know exactly what you did, you were punished, and now you've wasted our time to go back over it so you could play versus opponent. Now you get 4 games instead of 2."

gently caress that, go full-on. "You appealed to avoid losing a player for an important game? Your opponent for that game gets a free attempt at a FG."

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

NC-17 posted:

With friends like these.

Buuuuuuuullshit. Teddy was already on the loving ground. Like, wasn't even sliding, he was entirely grounded.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

LightReaper posted:

As a brit who started watching NFL early this year at the superbowl, I needed something to latch on to, to get invested in the game. I ended up initially choosing the Seahawks over the Patriots because Marshawn Lynch is a strange dude but when the new season started I made the decision to forget about the Seahawks, watch the Red Zone and just find a team that made big plays and had a young up-and-comer. When I heard about the Jaguars possibly moving to London I gave them some thought but decided that would involve too much heartache. Then I noticed one of the cheap QB options on the nfl fantasy website was doing really well and I started watching him with interest.

Tyrod Taylor motherfuckers! Watching the Bills without him was tragic but I've had tons of fun watching this dumb flawed team with it's dumb foot fetishist coach and spotty defence. I don't understand half the lingo of this sport still halfway through the season but I'm planning on staying up all night thursday to watch the Bills Jets game because of the high stakes and it's looking like it'll be a good match. Even if they don't get the wildcard I think I've found my team, though I won't lie if Taylor moved I'd probably swap with him.

As to an actual question, do QBs often switch teams? I guess I'm asking if it's safe to look into a jersey or whether I should be worried about another team stealing Taylor away at the end of the season.

Taylor was signed to a 3-year contract at the start of this year.

(Also don't buy legit jerseys, go onto Aliexpress and buy a knockoff. They're good quality and are around five times cheaper in £.)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

LightReaper posted:

Ooo I'll have to do that, do you get hit by customs charges? I noticed it's getting sent from china.

I've bought two hockey jerseys from it and haven't had customs charges on either.

As a fellow UK fan, I have to make a case for picking the Raiders. The Raiders own. Good enough that they're fun to watch, not good enough that you're just gloryseeking.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 11, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Not particularly, just no-one wants to be that guy who picks a team to follow just because they're doing well.

So yes, note down in the book "Hijo Del Helmsley is a fickle coward".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

timp posted:

OR you could pick a team that's doing well now and continue to support them even when they're poo poo next year! That's true fandom and the opposite of bandwagoning imo

Yeah, but why would anyone ever pick the Bengals?

:v:

(Nah, I'm kidding, you know I love you, Andy Dalton.)

And yeah, don't pick the Pats. Because gently caress The Pats. That's the universal constant.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

UK media sucks, especially for NFL stuff, been living in Scotland for over 10 years now and all I can say is thank christ for Game Pass so i can get NFL network because Ho-ly poo poo listening to Sky sports attempt to talk about the NFL was painful as gently caress. It was ok when i first started watching as they attempt to explain alot of stuff, but after 2 years or so....Kevin Cadle can eat a bag of dicks.

The best example was during the Bills/Jags game a few weeks ago, at halftime they had Jim Kelly in as a pundit, and they asked him about a team moving to London. He clearly hadn't been briefed at all, and just deadpanned "Nah, I've not heard anything about that."

I really doubt there'll ever be a franchise in the UK. It just creates way too many logistical problems.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

That was the BBC. They unfortunately have the problem of having to fill a lot more time than SKY as the BBC are not allowed to run commercials.

But still, yeah awful

I did like they had cool little infographics explaining the rules beforehand.

I feel like American Football could be big here (or well, bigger than it is now), but I seriously doubt we'd get a franchise.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

This is the beauty of Raiders gear. It goes with everything :v:

Plus I'm probably gonna get a Woodson jersey soon. Still relevant, and provided he doesn't kill anyone in his last season or so, it becomes a HoFer jersey.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Malloreon posted:

Remember the one true rule of jerseys: you cannot wear the jersey of a player younger than you.

That's a pretty great rule, if only because old dudes in throwback jerseys own.

(Oh jesus christ, I can't wear an Amari Cooper jersey.)

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 11, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If you want a Bills legend jersey, the de facto choice is Kelly #12.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

korrandark posted:

What about :thurman:?

Oh, he'd be fine too. Kelly was just more fresh in my mind because he's the only jersey the Bills have retired.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Nail Rat posted:

If I still lived in Indianapolis, I might wear my jersey once or twice out in public during a playoff run, otherwise it's just for gamedays (either at the bar, or at the game).

With so few games a year, football jerseys have the least usefulness (except for basketball jerseys, you can't wear those if you're over 30 or playing basketball, period).

I dunno, I'd say you'd probably get more wear out of any jersey instead of a hockey jersey. At least football jerseys are occasionally subtle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Anyone who finds jerseys weird or wrong are dumb. They are harmless ways to support your team or favorite player. It's just pointless to wear one when football isn't playing. It's like wearing a raincoat when it's blue skies. But really I could walk outside right now in my Eli jersey and while I might get a few looks no one is really going to care.

Jerseys are also kind of expensive if you get a decent one, so no one is going to casually wear around a jersey when it doesn't matter because you gotta preserve that poo poo. They are collectors items of a sort.

Or just do what basically everyone else does and buy a knockoff.

I'm still in my early 20s, so I can still get away with wearing a football jersey in a casual setting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I have some random Dolphins signed memorabilia from when my "godfather" played (early 90s) I can send you. I'll be your new father EHud.

Who doesn't want some autographed rookie card for a backup qb in 1992?!

Speaking of which, is there gonna be a TFF Secret Santa?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ehud, you live an "interesting" life.

By that I mean JESUS CHRIST :magical:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Daemonqueller posted:

Ehud is my hero. How long before he has an Avatar of him pooping out something Ancestry.com related?

Then wiping his rear end with his pawned Marino jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

pasaluki posted:

I did that for like 2 years bought people really nice things and I got:
*An autographed picture of Dick Jauron who is my most hated Bills coach.
*An autographed puck from Brett Hull celebrating the "no goal"

I got a snuggie branded with a Texan interior design company from the PSP Secret Santa last year.

The year before, I got someone an XFL jersey.

• Locked thread