Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

My aunt's FB friends continue to enrage me:

"If the article that I'm basing my entire opinion on lied then that is on them and nothing to do with me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

His profile banner is a Confederate flag, this is a thread about gun control.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hatrocious posted:

"Young people today have NO concept of the value of life" - that's why it's so easy for them to be shot and killed by cops and middle aged white men

:allears:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you don't exercise your American rights they eventually fade away, just like copyright claims.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Street-Fighter-V/108587609173529?source=whrt&position=4&trqid=6226418084412581944

I'm not going to bother taking a bunch of screenshots; Capcom altered the shot of a new Street Fighter character slapping her rear end before doing a super move. They did this of their own volition before the game is even done because they want to sell more copies of the game by not making people uncomfortable. Predictably, nerds are tearing their hair out to blame SJWs.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oldpainless posted:

It's ok to have nothing but senseless violence but can't have a woman slap her own rear end

The character's bare rear end and exposed abs and breasts surely aren't a problem either!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jussayin'

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Here, have a dump. Just some old guy that one of my friends shared a photo from.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bad things happening to cast members of Glee brings me a small amount of joy so I always check when Facebook says something about them. It also gave me this:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I guarantee these were the same people crying about how everyone should accommodate Kim Davis' religion.

EDIT:

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Jan 1, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Don't sign your posts.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:siren: :godwin: :siren:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thats all for now thanks for listening bye

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

robotsinmyhead posted:

Indiana passed some pretty hefty laws pertaining to age ID, and most retailers now make it mandatory to show ID now matter what. Kroger in particular does this and has AMPLE signage to that point, and the amount of bitching you overhear just in the course of standing in line at the register is amazing.

For a whole, a few years ago, we were required to check EVERYONE'S ID for alcohol and cigarettes. So if grandma came into the store to buy a bottle of wine for Christmas, we had to card her. This law didn't last very long.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's the thing that confuses me the most about all these health crazies. Like...the nonstop :siren: CHEMICALS!!!! :siren: bullshit.

Unless it's a pure element everything is made up of chemicals. Everything. You, your food, your car, your pants, this rock we're living on...just a bunch of chemicals.

I've done this before and I've been told "NO I MEAN CHEMICALS MADE IN A LAB ARE BAD"

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't like wearing sleeves even in cold weather, I'm glad are four fathers gave us this right.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

mng posted:

Do these people not know what 'amendment' means?

I considered asking this question in the thread but then I remembered the last time I responded to one of my friend's Libertarian shares. Some post about Rand Paul supporting gay marriage, I post quotes from him and Ron saying something about how they don't like gay marriage or whatever, and some guy responds with a video of both of them talking about something entirely unrelated to what I said then goes "Lol owned." and "Lol Joe owned again."

I didn't bother responding anymore.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone in Minnesota allowed a guy, back in June, to get a personalized license plate that said "FMUSLMS". When the Governor found he got angry and took action to get it revoked. This, of course, cannot stand.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Article posted:

Coal companies have every incentive to publicize a "war on coal" as the source of their woes. It diverts anger toward Barack Obama and perpetuates the illusion that a Republican president might revive coal's fortunes.

But US coal faces pressures no president can ease. Most significantly, structural shifts underway in China are almost certain to continue, leading to suppressed export markets for met coal. There's not much anyone in the US can do about it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cash crab posted:

How much of political discourse in the US, do you think, can be reduced to "Didn't even have to read it. One word, Obama"?

Too much :smith:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Breaking news: Any black person caught on camera doing something illegal is part of BLM, therefore BLM is a bad group.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:psyduck:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Baofu posted:

EDIT: This was probably asked a while ago but is it just me or does Social Fixer no longer work with Firefox?

Little late but yeah. I had to change a setting somewhere in Firefox to allow Social Fixer to be installed and now I can't even anonymize things.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U&t=16s

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Friend of an acquaintance. Acquaintance shared the video of Parliament debating banning Donald Trump.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Yes, he talks exactly like that in real life too.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

So he's not a native speaker?

Oh no he most definitely is.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

I am old enough to have done the "hide under your desk from nuclear bombs" drills and honestly it still gives me a vague sense of unease to think about.

How is the internet at your retirement home?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Betty is off her meds. I tried scrolling down her page to see older stuff but she appears to post things every two minutes.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

I normally like pointing stuff like that out to the offender, but Betty looks like she'll burst an aneurysm if pressed on the issue :catstare:

I think she posts ALL her stuff to the public. Lots of comments on all her posts and I didn't notice her replying to any of them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Can you remove these images, or censor her name? Anyone not posting on a public page shouldn't really be exposed, especially if they are "off their meds." Goons are lovely sometimes, and people (like the poster above me) are already asking about this persons identity. No offense to the person above me!

I censor names when it is someone I am friends with or a friend of a friend.

Sometimes I like to look into the maw of madness and look at public posts of things that are trending. :smith:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fightin' the good fight.